The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Carl Philip inaugurated the new building at the
Norma factory in Aamotsfors, Sweden, March 19, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Carl Philip has designed a fire screen depicting the old
castle, Tre Kronor (Three Crowns), which was burnt down in
1697. The Prince has designed the fire screen for Swedish
interior design company Svenskt Tenn, March 23, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** article **

Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prinsens dyra lek med elden | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 03-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Commoner

TV interview

Prince Carl Philip in an interview about his latest design, recorded at furniture shop Svenskt Tenn, with TV4's Tilde de Paula:

Tilde träffar designprinsen Carl Philip - Nyhetsmorgon - se alla klipp från programmet - tv4play.se
Old 03-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Commoner

Ohh, great video, thanks, jujje! Didn't understand a word of it, unfortunately, but enjoyed watching nevertheless! Maybe someone could do a rough translation of what is being said? At any rate, it's obvious that he was pretty much at ease during the interview, speaking about something that's important to him!

And, did anyone else feel the urge to reach in and straighten his tie?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip said at an interview a few weeks ago that he was single. But he was at Easter with his new girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist at his house in Vrmland.
Exklusivt! De frsta bilderna p prins Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist Hovbloggen/Aftonbladet
Prins Carl Philips nya flickvn Sofia Hellqvist - komplicerad krlek Hovbloggen/Aftonbladet
Prinsen firade psk med sin nya krlek - Expressen

Photos of Carl Philip and Sofia at Easter:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Old 04-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Courtier

Is it just the pic, or the house of Carl Philipp is very very average (euphemism)?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
Is it just the pic, or the house of Carl Philipp is very very average (euphemism)?
Yes, it's not really a palace. I guess it's a good bachelor pad for him.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Commoner

Gela passed away two weeks ago.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here's the article on Svenskdam.

Google Translate
Old 05-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Carl Philip during the inauguration of the worlds largest
wind power plant in the lake of Vanern in Sweden, May 18, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** video: Prins Carl Philip invigde vindpark **
Old 05-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Commoner

Grattis till Carl Philip p fdelsedagen! Hovbloggen

Faktareportage.net - Prinsen invigde vindkraftspark
Old 05-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip has launched his latest product in the Silver serie:
Prins Carl Philip senaste design – ett selterglas | Svensk Damtidning
Prins Carl Philip designar vidare… | Bakom Kulisserna - Svensk Damtidning
Old 05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

So if the silverware is 3700 kroner, that means it's about maybe $500 US dollars then. Does he pocket this money, or does it go to charity?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Real job? So far Carl Philip wasnt thrown into the world of business and competition. He got educated as graphic designer...but now he is in the military again, so Im personally not sure, if he aims a real career as graphic designer.
Carl Philip is puzzling me a little, as I had always thought, he is really seeking for a private "normal" life. But as things are now, Im setting onto a career in the RF.
I guess he would perform duties in/for the military, every now and then he would do some graphic design projects for charities (like his mothers childhood foundation) and apart from that he would serve some other duties (mostly related to sports) and would maybe get an own foundation. He (and his wife) would get an apanage from the state.
The same Im seeing for Madeleine. Her main focus would be on charity.
Royal careers of siblings like many others and Im not seeing anything special in it.
Im more impressed by Royals, who worked as teacher like Infanta Elena, who are/were working for banks like Prince Constantijn or Prince Johan Friso or who are working as farmers like Prince Joachim.
And if one aims as young Royal for a career in the RF, Im more impressed by some stays abroad, supporting developmental aid as Harry did, than by long military careers (but thats a personal thing, as Im not overly fond by the military)
One also shouldnt forget, that Prince Harry is 5 years younger than Carl Philip and has plenty of time to get some education.
Surely Carl Philip has also still a lot of time to find his place...but seeing how little duties, he is performing and how he is doing one education following an other, internships, and military training, Im having my doubts. But Im always open for being disabused

I was very impressed by his photo exhibition in Uppsala...and him participating in the Linn movie was surely very demanding. But it was also just a short time project and Im not seeing, what he wants to do with this...if he wants to photograph on a regular base...or not. To summarise a long post: to me it seems CP is just doing things, he is interested in and has no thread and therefore I cant cheer him and see a tribute to his parents...

What Im though admiring him for is
-that he seems to have a certain talent in arts, he could make a lot out of.
-and that he isnt grabbing all the nice things, his position would offer. He could surely have half of the Stureplan ppl in his bed, but has a stable relationship of 8 years...
Lena posted this a couple of years back, and with the maybe adding a new school, I have to agree with Lena- (the bolding is mine-this post could apply now too...)
Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Aristocracy

Ortino-

The problem with a career in the Royal Family at this point is simple: there isn't enough to do. Sweden will have a new Prince next week, who will need to be given a state stipend as well. He will also need to be given his own duties sooner or later and it is obvious that any sport related events or charities would be given to the professional trainer. So, I just don't see if there is enough for Carl-Philip to do as a Royal
Old 06-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
Ortino-

The problem with a career in the Royal Family at this point is simple: there isn't enough to do. Sweden will have a new Prince next week, who will need to be given a state stipend as well. He will also need to be given his own duties sooner or later and it is obvious that any sport related events or charities would be given to the professional trainer. So, I just don't see if there is enough for Carl-Philip to do as a Royal
Are you kidding? As a royal, he has the world at his fingertips! There's so much Carl Philip can do besides cutting ribbons and opening events. There is a sick, dying world out there....PCP could start with them. He could start up an organization. He could become serious with design and photography, etc, etc, etc. There's really no excuse for Carl Philip. He's 31 years old and living like a teenager who basically live off their parents.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't think CP or Madeleine have ever been told what to do, I personally think they have concentrated on Victoria and left CP and Maddie to fend for themselves as it were.
That is why you see Victoria acting regally and the other two acting rather like spoilt children.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Are you kidding? As a royal, he has the world at his fingertips! There's so much Carl Philip can do besides cutting ribbons and opening events. There is a sick, dying world out there....PCP could start with them. He could start up an organization. He could become serious with design and photography, etc, etc, etc. There's really no excuse for Carl Philip. He's 31 years old and living like a teenager who basically live off their parents.
You did not understand me.... I meant to say that with Daniel in the picture CP will not habe that many ribbons to cut and events to open. So either he will have to do what you suggest or lead a private life like his aunts
Old 06-13-2010, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm sure there are plenty of ribbons to cut both in Sweden and on royal duties abroad.

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip