Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.
I'll probably be citicised but to me they just want to ensure the show, surprising??

I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.
I'll probably be citicised but to me they just want to ensure the show, surprising??

Well, technically she doesn't represent the royal family yet. Only from the moment she is married. So she is in that way still free (to a certain degree) to dress how she wants. Carl Philip wore shorts too and he does represent the family ;).

I think with Sofia the Swedish monarchy has ushered in a new generation.

Last edited:
I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.[\QUOTE]

I disagree with what you say about representing the SRF. This was a private event (attending a tennis game) so I think Sophia could dress however she likes. For a tennis game, IMO the shorts are 100% appropriate for someone her age. Even once she will officially represent the SRF, the shorts would still be fine for a tennis game that is not an official event.

Just to highlight the difference, last year Daniel was officially representing at a tennis game, where he of course wore a suit.

For official representative events, I am sure Sofia will dress appropriately.

One could argue that a royal would represent the RF 100% of their time, but I would say give them a break and do not take notice of shorts worn at private occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I saw pictures of SH carrying her dog, from the way she was treating her baby, I bet she thinks of her dog as just that.....It wasn't running around without a leash or barking out of control. Being a huge dog lover, all my dogs are very well trained when in public, in fact I have seen children that need more training then my dog, children out of control on planes, supermarkets and movie theaters, parents off in never never land it seems. As for people with an allergy to a do, well the world is full of dogs and they are everywhere, so how would a person with an allergy deal with that........I don't know. Yes Skippy, I will give her credit because of her dog, she seems to take great care of him/her....which is it, I don't know. For me personally, I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........

Well, some people who don't like dogs or other animals may have had a negative experience with them. I'm one of those people - I used to love dogs but had quite a scary experience with one when I was around ten or eleven years old, and have been a little scared of them ever since, even if I know that they won't hurt me because they know me and I know them. Don't get me wrong, I still like them (little puppies are some of the cutest animals ever), but not as much as I used to due to the mentioned issue.

People take their dogs everywhere nowdays. It would probably surprise some to find out how many take their dogs to work with them. Dogs can be seen almost anywhere there isn't a specific ban on them (excluding service dogs that is).

Myself I don't care...as long as their dog is under their control and not bothering anyone or causing a commotion.

LaRae

That is true - remember when Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo took their dog to their wedding? My mother's friend often takes her dogs on holiday with her, and she has special passports for them - only she calls them "pawsports", which I think is adorable.

My comment was generally meant.

Pet owners can't keep everything into account.. but they can have the courtesy to only take their dogs to places where one would expect dog - public parks, of course dogs can walk around on the outside. Dogs and cats and other pets have a place in our societies, but like all other creatures on the planet, they have a place. Same with babies - it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had brought Estelle to a tennis match, where one expect quiet.

To be fair, Estelle has been to a tennis match before where she seemed to be very well behaved, so I don't think it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had gone to Bastad as well and taken Estelle with them.

Last edited:
For official representative events, I am sure Sofia will dress appropriately.

One could argue that a royal would represent the RF 100% of their time, but I would say give them a break and do not take notice of shorts worn at private occasions.

That demarcation is important to make methinks. Members of the SRF are pretty much left alone when on private outings (except Madeleine, perhaps, or the King and Queen on vacation recently). Possibly Sofia will not be accorded that discretion. Wherever she appears - private or public - snaps will be taken. In fairness to her, maybe how she dresses privately shouldn't be up for comment just as a courtesy - just like no one commented on the Queen's casual dress in the vacation photos. JMO. :flowers:

HPrincess:My mother's friend often takes her dogs on holiday with her, and she has special passports for them - only she calls them "pawsports", which I think is adorable.

How cute:):), and passports for your pet, interesting. I have traveled all around the US with all my dogs, they are in their cages under the seat in front of me and they have toys, blankets, treats(with me) and water. Sometimes I have even taken them out and put them on my lap and nobody has ever said a word to me that I can't. I try to reassure them that it's okay and they have fallen asleep on my lap during the flight. I am thinking of going to Europe next summer and want to bring my dog, won't travel without him, going to Europe with a pet will be a first, so any advice anyone has I would appreciate it. I do know that England now allows pets in without a 6 month wait, and having friends there, might go there. I have seen pets in pubs in England and don't know much about the rest of Europe. "Pawsports" that is really a great way to describe a passport for your pet, will keep that in mind. Thank You.......:flowers:

How cute:):), and passports for your pet, interesting. I have traveled all around the US with all my dogs, they are in their cages under the seat in front of me and they have toys, blankets, treats(with me) and water. Sometimes I have even taken them out and put them on my lap and nobody has ever said a word to me that I can't. I try to reassure them that it's okay and they have fallen asleep on my lap during the flight. I am thinking of going to Europe next summer and want to bring my dog, won't travel without him, going to Europe with a pet will be a first, so any advice anyone has I would appreciate it. I do know that England now allows pets in without a 6 month wait, and having friends there, might go there. I have seen pets in pubs in England and don't know much about the rest of Europe. "Pawsports" that is really a great way to describe a passport for your pet, will keep that in mind. Thank You.......:flowers:

You're welcome. :D I did think it was rather cute. Personally, I don't have a dog (I have a goldfish, which you can't exactly take on holiday with you... ;)), so am unaware of the passport regulations, but I'm sure someone who who has taken pets abroad will be able to answer you - or there is of course Google. :flowers:

:previous:Your funny, a goldfish....I have this goldfish screen saver with different types of goldfish swimming around this pretty place with planets, so I have named all these goldfish here on the screen saver. As I am waiting for the computer to connect to the interent, I watch the fish, it's relaxing and they are cute. No, I don't think a goldfish would be a good companion on a trip......:). Since my new dog is what I call a monster, I have some serious training to do before I go anywhere with him, If not trained where he will stay quiet on the plane, then I don't go anywhere. I have had dogs all my life, this one is fiercely independent, stubborn, doesn't like change, and won't let anyone near me, he is what I call *my monster* for the time being. I have rescued animals, even sick birds, I love our 4 legged animal kingdom......more then 99.99% of the human race that I have had to deal with including family. Dogs are so loyal and don't try to change you.......

:previous:Your funny, a goldfish....I have this goldfish screen saver with different types of goldfish swimming around this pretty place with planets, so I have named all these goldfish here on the screen saver. As I am waiting for the computer to connect to the interent, I watch the fish, it's relaxing and they are cute. No, I don't think a goldfish would be a good companion on a trip......:). Since my new dog is what I call a monster, I have some serious training to do before I go anywhere with him, If not trained where he will stay quiet on the plane, then I don't go anywhere. I have had dogs all my life, this one is fiercely independent, stubborn, doesn't like change, and won't let anyone near me, he is what I call *my monster* for the time being. I have rescued animals, even sick birds, I love our 4 legged animal kingdom......more then 99.99% of the human race that I have had to deal with including family. Dogs are so loyal and don't try to change you.......

What a nice thing to do. I'd love to get a kitten one day, and would preferably get one from a rescue center. :)

This passion between these two
It's evident,they will have gorgeous children
PC is eye candy!

He looks utterly besotted with her. He's looked thrilled and happy in every photo since the engagement was announced.

I think it's going to be a gorgeous wedding.

Thanks to all who adopt and rescue their pets. Proceed with the topic at hand.

This passion between these two
It's evident,they will have gorgeous children
PC is eye candy!

I think you may be dead right! ;)

He looks utterly besotted with her. He's looked thrilled and happy in every photo since the engagement was announced.

I think it's going to be a gorgeous wedding.

I think so too. Since both his sisters are married and have a family, I have had a sort of thinking that he was "left behind". Now he is engaged and his time has come, so to say.
I wish him first a wedding to remember and then his own family.

This thread has been cleaned up is reopened. Several comments were deleted. A reminder:

1. Don't insult each other.

2. Repetative posts will be deleted without notice. No need to repeat again, again and again and again what you think. Most will have understood it the first time.

3. OT topics like 'commoners vs royals' or the delights or horrors of the Duchess of Cornwall will be deleted without notice.

4. Comments with parallel truths and universes will be deleted without notice. For example: people repeat again and again that the king is traumatized by CP not being the heir. A 'truth' that isn't one. Let's keep things realistic and not develop imaginary scenario's of what people may be thinking.

5. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But no need to use words like 'disgusting' 'awful' etc. to refer to the people in question. There must be more clever ways to discuss the matter.

6. And again, most importantly: don't insult each other. If you feel the urge to call names etc.: don't! Take a break, you are taking this too seriously.

7. The Swedish mod. team has been rather patient. But since the engagement will take another year, the present way of debating can not continue. We will enforce the above requirements strictly. Ignoring them will lead to a deletion of a post and possibly to warnings or the revocation of posting rights. If you can't behave yourself: do not post in this thread!

- Note that any replies to this message will be deleted. If you have questions or remarks you can contact one of the Swedish moderators.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Carl Philip and Sofia attended a charity concert, "Jul i Vasastan" this evening. Prins Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist vid konserten "Jul i Vasastan" - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

According to the advertisements, it should have been a concert of Molly Sanden and classical tenor Fredrik Benedict Nybladh and Laudes choir, but according to the court article there were also other singers like Gladys del Pilar, Louise Bjurling, Efva Nyström and Erik Saade.
Molly Sanden, Gladys del Pilar and Erik Saade have all performed before at the charity events of Project Playground.
The contributions collected at the end of the concert were donated to Project Playground.
I am a little oldfashioned and miss Sanden's outfit isn't good choice for a church concert imo.

KUVAT Carl Philip ja Sofia Hellqvist käsi kädessä joulukonsertissa - Viihde - MTV.fi

Last edited:
Carl Philip and Sofia arrived to Sports Gala.
http://media.shootitlive.com/HXElGlPsMYWhTQTPZTfeOFdzFpN/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/BjfsZeY8EFQQl1nbWCpx0jqufqu/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/96t39vPquVFKUJxzWRL8pw8AeLc/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/L25J7RuWy2Pdb4NECvPNImx3Vn3/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/Lz3RWSgtsnvi8rZWOwNMuojh8Zu/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/9djuuSlJFgYfV4fLEZGnJ4UHPDL/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/9ncsEEGvii59SKsSRHe7UIDrLK5/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/IUBCFgvlwSAPdWXl6ShaSD4YYBA/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/EcUyKuyFIlW0bj02Yaitshb8JJ3/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792

At the gala
http://media.shootitlive.com/RsLYzrBqpjpHsiKLdgHK9ANBNpU/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/Ow3JYpbfbnx2ZJtTQSPuj7PgyPI/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/3201
http://media.shootitlive.com/YAUh1LHBhS934J4r2IVE8bLbc3S/1200.jpg?project_id=expessen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/ZU7zF5ib5j6mm6uKYnQWTxgw2ux/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
http://media.shootitlive.com/V3SaKQfn5plKyyiblQGf2rUOrUG/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1792
The host Peter Settman took a selfie with Carl Philip
http://media.shootitlive.com/Pj9dairjHvExZFhcYNLKCCT2jXS/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/3201
And here is the selfie
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/...15/10932602_1561677780746743_2061288410_n.jpg

Kuninkaalliskuvat Carl Philip ja Sofia Ruotsin urheilugaalassa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi

Last edited:
Ugh the tattoo on her back is tacky.

I think this whole relationship is a disgrace, but I really hope she's with him for love and not just for the fame she's always wanted. I guess it's time CP settled down.

I read that she had a tatto on her ritgh arm and that she had to take it off...that was a condition to marry Carl Philip.. Has for the tattoo on her back I think she should remove it also, ohterwise she shoud keep her hair down to cover it...

I think her tattoo must mean something to her and if so she should keep it.

Or she got it on a drunk dare or because she thought it was cool. Just sayin.

I read that she had a tatto on her ritgh arm and that she had to take it off...that was a condition to marry Carl Philip.. Has for the tattoo on her back I think she should remove it also, ohterwise she shoud keep her hair down to cover it...
Uhm, why? It's a simple sun or something if I remember correctly. It's not like it's offensive :p

Thing is..with Sofia there's so much being said (especially on internet) that it's difficult to tell what's true or not, but afaik the only arm-tattoos i've seen on her weren't permanent ones but other variations (like henna or similar).
Afaik only the little sun on her back and the butterfly on her side are permanent tattoos.

That said, there are several royals who have visible tattoos (for instance on arm, leg, foot etc), so i don't see a problem with an arm-tattoo if she would have one

Last edited:
I have no tattoos, myself, but have no objection to others doing what they want as far as tats go.

Hello! published an article today in which they said Sofia did have a tattoo on her arm but it had been removed. Not sure we should be holding them up as the pinnacle of factual journalism though..... :)

Hello! article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom