The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 07-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,102
People take their dogs everywhere nowdays. It would probably surprise some to find out how many take their dogs to work with them. Dogs can be seen almost anywhere there isn't a specific ban on them (excluding service dogs that is).

Myself I don't care...as long as their dog is under their control and not bothering anyone or causing a commotion.


LaRae
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think so too.



Some people indeed do think that their dogs are their babies, do you have reason to suppose that CP and Sofia think so or was it generally meant?
As for the inappropriateness to bring a dog to an event like this - that goes for any sport then, doesn't it?

And I don't know how it works with them with advanced knowledge of who will be very near you while attending such an event (in case of above mentioned occurrences), but even "common" pet owners can't keep everything in account when they go somewhere.
My comment was generally meant.

Pet owners can't keep everything into account.. but they can have the courtesy to only take their dogs to places where one would expect dog - public parks, of course dogs can walk around on the outside. Dogs and cats and other pets have a place in our societies, but like all other creatures on the planet, they have a place. Same with babies - it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had brought Estelle to a tennis match, where one expect quiet.
__________________

__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,922
I remember when Princess Caroline of Monaco brought her two dachshunds to an engagement at an art gallery in Monaco, and held and cuddled them during the appointment. A few posters were astonished...what if they soiled the floor or something?

I guess standards are just different now in Royal Europe.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,025
If dogs aren't prohibited, not a problem. If they are prohibited and CP & Sofia's dog got special consideration, that's a another story.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
My comment was generally meant.

Pet owners can't keep everything into account.. but they can have the courtesy to only take their dogs to places where one would expect dog - public parks, of course dogs can walk around on the outside. Dogs and cats and other pets have a place in our societies, but like all other creatures on the planet, they have a place. Same with babies - it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had brought Estelle to a tennis match, where one expect quiet.
I see what you mean, but with lots of people there are lots of expectations of what would be an appropriate place to either take or leave a dog at home. And you can't please everyone , but I can understand that it can give some people a feeling of "huh?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I remember when Princess Caroline of Monaco brought her two dachshunds to an engagement at an art gallery in Monaco, and held and cuddled them during the appointment. A few posters were astonished...what if they soiled the floor or something?

I guess standards are just different now in Royal Europe.
Yes, royals are not *that* elevated anymore.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
For me personally, I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........
......and spiders.

Maybe the dog wasn't feeling well. Maybe the dog-sitter never showed. Maybe they were going to their country house after the match and didn't want to leave the dog in the car. Maybe Carl Philip was indulging Sofia's whim (rather charming, if that). Maybe it was: 'What do you mean we're going to a tennis match? You never said and I have the dog with me now.'
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-21-2014, 10:41 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,355
Carl Philip and Sofia go to Båstad every summer. Last summer Carl Philip was watching tennis alone.
Photos from yesterday
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_tGj3a56Qw...0/DSC_7302.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RunUhsiKeV...0/DSC_7251.JPG
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-21-2014, 12:41 PM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,876
these two look so in love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........
yes, snakes are evil
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 530
My best friend got bitten by a copperhead. Yes she is alright.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-23-2014, 02:47 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brussels, Belgium
Posts: 197
I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.
I'll probably be citicised but to me they just want to ensure the show, surprising??
__________________
Anne2
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-23-2014, 03:30 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.
I'll probably be citicised but to me they just want to ensure the show, surprising??
Well, technically she doesn't represent the royal family yet. Only from the moment she is married. So she is in that way still free (to a certain degree) to dress how she wants. Carl Philip wore shorts too and he does represent the family .

I think with Sofia the Swedish monarchy has ushered in a new generation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-23-2014, 07:57 AM
SwissRoyal's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Luzern, Switzerland
Posts: 100
[QUOTE=Anne2;1688658]I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.[\QUOTE]


I disagree with what you say about representing the SRF. This was a private event (attending a tennis game) so I think Sophia could dress however she likes. For a tennis game, IMO the shorts are 100% appropriate for someone her age. Even once she will officially represent the SRF, the shorts would still be fine for a tennis game that is not an official event.

Just to highlight the difference, last year Daniel was officially representing at a tennis game, where he of course wore a suit.

For official representative events, I am sure Sofia will dress appropriately.

One could argue that a royal would represent the RF 100% of their time, but I would say give them a break and do not take notice of shorts worn at private occasions.



Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:27 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I saw pictures of SH carrying her dog, from the way she was treating her baby, I bet she thinks of her dog as just that.....It wasn't running around without a leash or barking out of control. Being a huge dog lover, all my dogs are very well trained when in public, in fact I have seen children that need more training then my dog, children out of control on planes, supermarkets and movie theaters, parents off in never never land it seems. As for people with an allergy to a do, well the world is full of dogs and they are everywhere, so how would a person with an allergy deal with that........I don't know. Yes Skippy, I will give her credit because of her dog, she seems to take great care of him/her....which is it, I don't know. For me personally, I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........
Well, some people who don't like dogs or other animals may have had a negative experience with them. I'm one of those people - I used to love dogs but had quite a scary experience with one when I was around ten or eleven years old, and have been a little scared of them ever since, even if I know that they won't hurt me because they know me and I know them. Don't get me wrong, I still like them (little puppies are some of the cutest animals ever), but not as much as I used to due to the mentioned issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
People take their dogs everywhere nowdays. It would probably surprise some to find out how many take their dogs to work with them. Dogs can be seen almost anywhere there isn't a specific ban on them (excluding service dogs that is).

Myself I don't care...as long as their dog is under their control and not bothering anyone or causing a commotion.


LaRae
That is true - remember when Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo took their dog to their wedding? My mother's friend often takes her dogs on holiday with her, and she has special passports for them - only she calls them "pawsports", which I think is adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
My comment was generally meant.

Pet owners can't keep everything into account.. but they can have the courtesy to only take their dogs to places where one would expect dog - public parks, of course dogs can walk around on the outside. Dogs and cats and other pets have a place in our societies, but like all other creatures on the planet, they have a place. Same with babies - it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had brought Estelle to a tennis match, where one expect quiet.
To be fair, Estelle has been to a tennis match before where she seemed to be very well behaved, so I don't think it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had gone to Bastad as well and taken Estelle with them.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
For official representative events, I am sure Sofia will dress appropriately.

One could argue that a royal would represent the RF 100% of their time, but I would say give them a break and do not take notice of shorts worn at private occasions.
That demarcation is important to make methinks. Members of the SRF are pretty much left alone when on private outings (except Madeleine, perhaps, or the King and Queen on vacation recently). Possibly Sofia will not be accorded that discretion. Wherever she appears - private or public - snaps will be taken. In fairness to her, maybe how she dresses privately shouldn't be up for comment just as a courtesy - just like no one commented on the Queen's casual dress in the vacation photos. JMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 987
HPrincess:My mother's friend often takes her dogs on holiday with her, and she has special passports for them - only she calls them "pawsports", which I think is adorable.

How cute, and passports for your pet, interesting. I have traveled all around the US with all my dogs, they are in their cages under the seat in front of me and they have toys, blankets, treats(with me) and water. Sometimes I have even taken them out and put them on my lap and nobody has ever said a word to me that I can't. I try to reassure them that it's okay and they have fallen asleep on my lap during the flight. I am thinking of going to Europe next summer and want to bring my dog, won't travel without him, going to Europe with a pet will be a first, so any advice anyone has I would appreciate it. I do know that England now allows pets in without a 6 month wait, and having friends there, might go there. I have seen pets in pubs in England and don't know much about the rest of Europe. "Pawsports" that is really a great way to describe a passport for your pet, will keep that in mind. Thank You.......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-24-2014, 12:18 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
How cute, and passports for your pet, interesting. I have traveled all around the US with all my dogs, they are in their cages under the seat in front of me and they have toys, blankets, treats(with me) and water. Sometimes I have even taken them out and put them on my lap and nobody has ever said a word to me that I can't. I try to reassure them that it's okay and they have fallen asleep on my lap during the flight. I am thinking of going to Europe next summer and want to bring my dog, won't travel without him, going to Europe with a pet will be a first, so any advice anyone has I would appreciate it. I do know that England now allows pets in without a 6 month wait, and having friends there, might go there. I have seen pets in pubs in England and don't know much about the rest of Europe. "Pawsports" that is really a great way to describe a passport for your pet, will keep that in mind. Thank You.......
You're welcome. I did think it was rather cute. Personally, I don't have a dog (I have a goldfish, which you can't exactly take on holiday with you... ), so am unaware of the passport regulations, but I'm sure someone who who has taken pets abroad will be able to answer you - or there is of course Google.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-24-2014, 12:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 987
Your funny, a goldfish....I have this goldfish screen saver with different types of goldfish swimming around this pretty place with planets, so I have named all these goldfish here on the screen saver. As I am waiting for the computer to connect to the interent, I watch the fish, it's relaxing and they are cute. No, I don't think a goldfish would be a good companion on a trip....... Since my new dog is what I call a monster, I have some serious training to do before I go anywhere with him, If not trained where he will stay quiet on the plane, then I don't go anywhere. I have had dogs all my life, this one is fiercely independent, stubborn, doesn't like change, and won't let anyone near me, he is what I call *my monster* for the time being. I have rescued animals, even sick birds, I love our 4 legged animal kingdom......more then 99.99% of the human race that I have had to deal with including family. Dogs are so loyal and don't try to change you.......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-24-2014, 12:49 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Your funny, a goldfish....I have this goldfish screen saver with different types of goldfish swimming around this pretty place with planets, so I have named all these goldfish here on the screen saver. As I am waiting for the computer to connect to the interent, I watch the fish, it's relaxing and they are cute. No, I don't think a goldfish would be a good companion on a trip....... Since my new dog is what I call a monster, I have some serious training to do before I go anywhere with him, If not trained where he will stay quiet on the plane, then I don't go anywhere. I have had dogs all my life, this one is fiercely independent, stubborn, doesn't like change, and won't let anyone near me, he is what I call *my monster* for the time being. I have rescued animals, even sick birds, I love our 4 legged animal kingdom......more then 99.99% of the human race that I have had to deal with including family. Dogs are so loyal and don't try to change you.......
What a nice thing to do. I'd love to get a kitten one day, and would preferably get one from a rescue center.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-24-2014, 01:20 PM
LadyCatharine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northeast Ohio, United States
Posts: 384
This passion between these two
It's evident,they will have gorgeous children
PC is eye candy!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist: June 27, 2014 JessRulz Prince Carl Philip 321 11-01-2014 09:21 AM
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 2016 06-27-2014 11:18 AM




Popular Tags
belgium carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]