The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

People take their dogs everywhere nowdays. It would probably surprise some to find out how many take their dogs to work with them. Dogs can be seen almost anywhere there isn't a specific ban on them (excluding service dogs that is).

Myself I don't care...as long as their dog is under their control and not bothering anyone or causing a commotion.

LaRae

Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think so too.

Some people indeed do think that their dogs are their babies, do you have reason to suppose that CP and Sofia think so or was it generally meant?
As for the inappropriateness to bring a dog to an event like this - that goes for any sport then, doesn't it?

And I don't know how it works with them with advanced knowledge of who will be very near you while attending such an event (in case of above mentioned occurrences), but even "common" pet owners can't keep everything in account when they go somewhere.
My comment was generally meant.

Pet owners can't keep everything into account.. but they can have the courtesy to only take their dogs to places where one would expect dog - public parks, of course dogs can walk around on the outside. Dogs and cats and other pets have a place in our societies, but like all other creatures on the planet, they have a place. Same with babies - it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had brought Estelle to a tennis match, where one expect quiet.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I remember when Princess Caroline of Monaco brought her two dachshunds to an engagement at an art gallery in Monaco, and held and cuddled them during the appointment. A few posters were astonished...what if they soiled the floor or something?

I guess standards are just different now in Royal Europe.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

If dogs aren't prohibited, not a problem. If they are prohibited and CP & Sofia's dog got special consideration, that's a another story.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

Pet owners can't keep everything into account.. but they can have the courtesy to only take their dogs to places where one would expect dog - public parks, of course dogs can walk around on the outside. Dogs and cats and other pets have a place in our societies, but like all other creatures on the planet, they have a place. Same with babies - it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had brought Estelle to a tennis match, where one expect quiet.
I see what you mean, but with lots of people there are lots of expectations of what would be an appropriate place to either take or leave a dog at home. And you can't please everyone , but I can understand that it can give some people a feeling of "huh?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I remember when Princess Caroline of Monaco brought her two dachshunds to an engagement at an art gallery in Monaco, and held and cuddled them during the appointment. A few posters were astonished...what if they soiled the floor or something?

I guess standards are just different now in Royal Europe.
Yes, royals are not *that* elevated anymore.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
For me personally, I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........
......and spiders.

Maybe the dog wasn't feeling well. Maybe the dog-sitter never showed. Maybe they were going to their country house after the match and didn't want to leave the dog in the car. Maybe Carl Philip was indulging Sofia's whim (rather charming, if that). Maybe it was: 'What do you mean we're going to a tennis match? You never said and I have the dog with me now.'
Old 07-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia go to Båstad every summer. Last summer Carl Philip was watching tennis alone.
Photos from yesterday
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_tGj3a56Qw...0/DSC_7302.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RunUhsiKeV...0/DSC_7251.JPG
Old 07-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

these two look so in love...

Quote:
I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........
yes, snakes are evil
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Courtier

My best friend got bitten by a copperhead. Yes she is alright.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:47 AM
Aristocracy

I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.
I'll probably be citicised but to me they just want to ensure the show, surprising??
Old 07-23-2014, 03:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.
I'll probably be citicised but to me they just want to ensure the show, surprising??
Well, technically she doesn't represent the royal family yet. Only from the moment she is married. So she is in that way still free (to a certain degree) to dress how she wants. Carl Philip wore shorts too and he does represent the family .

I think with Sofia the Swedish monarchy has ushered in a new generation.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Gentry

[QUOTE=Anne2;1688658]I have no real objections against taking the dog, but more against Sofia's style, particulalrly the shorts. Sure there were plenty of people wearing them, but nevertheless not really adequate for représentatives of the royal family, IMO.[\QUOTE]

I disagree with what you say about representing the SRF. This was a private event (attending a tennis game) so I think Sophia could dress however she likes. For a tennis game, IMO the shorts are 100% appropriate for someone her age. Even once she will officially represent the SRF, the shorts would still be fine for a tennis game that is not an official event.

Just to highlight the difference, last year Daniel was officially representing at a tennis game, where he of course wore a suit.

For official representative events, I am sure Sofia will dress appropriately.

One could argue that a royal would represent the RF 100% of their time, but I would say give them a break and do not take notice of shorts worn at private occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I saw pictures of SH carrying her dog, from the way she was treating her baby, I bet she thinks of her dog as just that.....It wasn't running around without a leash or barking out of control. Being a huge dog lover, all my dogs are very well trained when in public, in fact I have seen children that need more training then my dog, children out of control on planes, supermarkets and movie theaters, parents off in never never land it seems. As for people with an allergy to a do, well the world is full of dogs and they are everywhere, so how would a person with an allergy deal with that........I don't know. Yes Skippy, I will give her credit because of her dog, she seems to take great care of him/her....which is it, I don't know. For me personally, I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........
Well, some people who don't like dogs or other animals may have had a negative experience with them. I'm one of those people - I used to love dogs but had quite a scary experience with one when I was around ten or eleven years old, and have been a little scared of them ever since, even if I know that they won't hurt me because they know me and I know them. Don't get me wrong, I still like them (little puppies are some of the cutest animals ever), but not as much as I used to due to the mentioned issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
People take their dogs everywhere nowdays. It would probably surprise some to find out how many take their dogs to work with them. Dogs can be seen almost anywhere there isn't a specific ban on them (excluding service dogs that is).

Myself I don't care...as long as their dog is under their control and not bothering anyone or causing a commotion.

LaRae
That is true - remember when Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo took their dog to their wedding? My mother's friend often takes her dogs on holiday with her, and she has special passports for them - only she calls them "pawsports", which I think is adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

To be fair, Estelle has been to a tennis match before where she seemed to be very well behaved, so I don't think it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had gone to Bastad as well and taken Estelle with them.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
For official representative events, I am sure Sofia will dress appropriately.

One could argue that a royal would represent the RF 100% of their time, but I would say give them a break and do not take notice of shorts worn at private occasions.
That demarcation is important to make methinks. Members of the SRF are pretty much left alone when on private outings (except Madeleine, perhaps, or the King and Queen on vacation recently). Possibly Sofia will not be accorded that discretion. Wherever she appears - private or public - snaps will be taken. In fairness to her, maybe how she dresses privately shouldn't be up for comment just as a courtesy - just like no one commented on the Queen's casual dress in the vacation photos. JMO.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Courtier

HPrincess:My mother's friend often takes her dogs on holiday with her, and she has special passports for them - only she calls them "pawsports", which I think is adorable.

How cute, and passports for your pet, interesting. I have traveled all around the US with all my dogs, they are in their cages under the seat in front of me and they have toys, blankets, treats(with me) and water. Sometimes I have even taken them out and put them on my lap and nobody has ever said a word to me that I can't. I try to reassure them that it's okay and they have fallen asleep on my lap during the flight. I am thinking of going to Europe next summer and want to bring my dog, won't travel without him, going to Europe with a pet will be a first, so any advice anyone has I would appreciate it. I do know that England now allows pets in without a 6 month wait, and having friends there, might go there. I have seen pets in pubs in England and don't know much about the rest of Europe. "Pawsports" that is really a great way to describe a passport for your pet, will keep that in mind. Thank You.......
Old 07-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
How cute, and passports for your pet, interesting. I have traveled all around the US with all my dogs, they are in their cages under the seat in front of me and they have toys, blankets, treats(with me) and water. Sometimes I have even taken them out and put them on my lap and nobody has ever said a word to me that I can't. I try to reassure them that it's okay and they have fallen asleep on my lap during the flight. I am thinking of going to Europe next summer and want to bring my dog, won't travel without him, going to Europe with a pet will be a first, so any advice anyone has I would appreciate it. I do know that England now allows pets in without a 6 month wait, and having friends there, might go there. I have seen pets in pubs in England and don't know much about the rest of Europe. "Pawsports" that is really a great way to describe a passport for your pet, will keep that in mind. Thank You.......
You're welcome. I did think it was rather cute. Personally, I don't have a dog (I have a goldfish, which you can't exactly take on holiday with you... ), so am unaware of the passport regulations, but I'm sure someone who who has taken pets abroad will be able to answer you - or there is of course Google.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Your funny, a goldfish....I have this goldfish screen saver with different types of goldfish swimming around this pretty place with planets, so I have named all these goldfish here on the screen saver. As I am waiting for the computer to connect to the interent, I watch the fish, it's relaxing and they are cute. No, I don't think a goldfish would be a good companion on a trip....... Since my new dog is what I call a monster, I have some serious training to do before I go anywhere with him, If not trained where he will stay quiet on the plane, then I don't go anywhere. I have had dogs all my life, this one is fiercely independent, stubborn, doesn't like change, and won't let anyone near me, he is what I call *my monster* for the time being. I have rescued animals, even sick birds, I love our 4 legged animal kingdom......more then 99.99% of the human race that I have had to deal with including family. Dogs are so loyal and don't try to change you.......
Old 07-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Your funny, a goldfish....I have this goldfish screen saver with different types of goldfish swimming around this pretty place with planets, so I have named all these goldfish here on the screen saver. As I am waiting for the computer to connect to the interent, I watch the fish, it's relaxing and they are cute. No, I don't think a goldfish would be a good companion on a trip....... Since my new dog is what I call a monster, I have some serious training to do before I go anywhere with him, If not trained where he will stay quiet on the plane, then I don't go anywhere. I have had dogs all my life, this one is fiercely independent, stubborn, doesn't like change, and won't let anyone near me, he is what I call *my monster* for the time being. I have rescued animals, even sick birds, I love our 4 legged animal kingdom......more then 99.99% of the human race that I have had to deal with including family. Dogs are so loyal and don't try to change you.......
What a nice thing to do. I'd love to get a kitten one day, and would preferably get one from a rescue center.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Nobility

This passion between these two
It's evident,they will have gorgeous children
PC is eye candy!

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, sweden