Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
6qch9h.png

Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist's Current Events, Part One

Commencing June 2014

Please follow the TRF Rules when posting

Margareta Thorgren the director of press departament told to Aftonbladet, that Sofia Hellqvist will attend at Victoria's birthday concert :)

According to Svensk Damtidning, Carl Philip and Sofia stay at Kavaljershuset while they are in Solliden. Kavaljershuset is an old building near the Palace, the personal of the court and the guests of the royal family stay there during their stay in Solliden. Victoria and Daniel used to stay there before their own house was ready.

Carl Philip and Sofia came today to watch women's tennis, the Collector Swedish Open Final in Båstad.
Video
Carl Philip paÌŠ Swedish Open - YouTube

Last edited:
Why bring the dog?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Why bring the dog?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I was thinking the same thing.

My dogs are usually quiet unless they are hungry, thirsty or need to relieve themselves. Why bring a dog to a tennis match where things are generally quiet during play? You can't train a dog to ask to go out during breaks in play. Unless maybe I am missing something?

Well, I am sure they had their reason(s) for it. Perhaps it's a dog that needs to be outside for long times and will be quiet because he *is* outside? I have no experience with dogs, I am just stating a possibility.

Well, I am sure they had their reason(s) for it. Perhaps it's a dog that needs to be outside for long times and will be quiet because he *is* outside? I have no experience with dogs, I am just stating a possibility.

Yes, most dogs tend to be quiet while outdoors. But if they are house trained (as most are) they tend to do associate the outdoors with something else. And they don't tend to know hey...I am outside at a tennis match not outside walking where I can be me and do my business. If you get my drift.

But its their dog and most dog owners know what their dog can and can't handle. So if they think its okay it is most likely okay. I just thought it was different.

Now for a shocker: nothing wrong with taking your dog with you anywhere, even a tennis match. I have been a dog owner all my life, my last baby was 16 1/2 years old when she passed and she had 3 legs 99.99% all of her life due to someone abusing her, and when she was alive, she went everywhere and I can think of only one place that would not let me bring her in the store, Radio Shack, so I stopped doing business with that company. She had her own pink doggie carriage and pillows and blankets, she went to my doctor's, dentist, grocery store, movie theater, resturants, bookstores and fabric stores, everywhere, even on planes under the seat in front of me, I know this will surprise you, but I see nothing wrong with SH/PCP taking their dog with them, after all dogs are human just like us, only they look and talk different, and they are dear members of the family.
Hi my friend out there, I so love dogs and all animals of this earth,one of our most precious things is a pet!

Yes, most dogs tend to be quiet while outdoors. But if they are house trained (as most are) they tend to do associate the outdoors with something else. And they don't tend to know hey...I am outside at a tennis match not outside walking where I can be me and do my business. If you get my drift.

But its their dog and most dog owners know what their dog can and can't handle. So if they think its okay it is most likely okay. I just thought it was different.

I understand ;).

I know both dogs and cats who watch tennis on TV. And I also know dogs who watch tennis matches regularly. Of course the venue is a bit relaxed - so there is no fuss about it. I suppose it all has to do with the venue.
Just think about all the dogs we have seen at horse trials...

Like SElizabeth, I am a complete pushover where animals are concerned. I don't think CP and SH would have brought their pet if it was high strung. I do think it's odd to bring a doggie to a tennis match, but he is a real cutie. I have seen other photos of him as a puppy.

Some people think their dogs are their babies. As much of a dog lover as I am, some people are not - they have allergies to pet dander, or are just afraid or uncomfortable around dogs. It's inappropriate to bring the dog to an event like this.

Like SElizabeth, I am a complete pushover where animals are concerned. I don't think CP and SH would have brought their pet if it was high strung. I do think it's odd to bring a doggie to a tennis match, but he is a real cutie. I have seen other photos of him as a puppy.

I think so too.

Some people think their dogs are their babies. As much of a dog lover as I am, some people are not - they have allergies to pet dander, or are just afraid or uncomfortable around dogs. It's inappropriate to bring the dog to an event like this.

Some people indeed do think that their dogs are their babies, do you have reason to suppose that CP and Sofia think so or was it generally meant?
As for the inappropriateness to bring a dog to an event like this - that goes for any sport then, doesn't it?

And I don't know how it works with them with advanced knowledge of who will be very near you while attending such an event (in case of above mentioned occurrences), but even "common" pet owners can't keep everything in account when they go somewhere.

Last edited:
I think so too.

Some people indeed do think that their dogs are their babies, do you have reason to suppose that CP and Sofia think so or was it generally meant?
As for the inappropriateness to bring a dog to an event like this - that goes for any sport then, doesn't it?

And I don't know how it works with them with advanced knowledge of who will be very near you while attending such an event (in case of above mentioned occurrences), but even "common" pet owners can't keep everything in account when they go somewhere.

I saw pictures of SH carrying her dog, from the way she was treating her baby, I bet she thinks of her dog as just that.....It wasn't running around without a leash or barking out of control. Being a huge dog lover, all my dogs are very well trained when in public, in fact I have seen children that need more training then my dog, children out of control on planes, supermarkets and movie theaters, parents off in never never land it seems. As for people with an allergy to a do, well the world is full of dogs and they are everywhere, so how would a person with an allergy deal with that........I don't know. Yes Skippy, I will give her credit because of her dog, she seems to take great care of him/her....which is it, I don't know. For me personally, I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........

:previous: Maybe I missed it but what type of dog is it?

:previous: Maybe I missed it but what type of dog is it?

According to the swedish press, it is a border terrier. Yesterday was quite warm in Båstad, about 27-28 C. It is not just Sofia's dog.

People take their dogs everywhere nowdays. It would probably surprise some to find out how many take their dogs to work with them. Dogs can be seen almost anywhere there isn't a specific ban on them (excluding service dogs that is).

Myself I don't care...as long as their dog is under their control and not bothering anyone or causing a commotion.

LaRae

I think so too.

My comment was generally meant.

Pet owners can't keep everything into account.. but they can have the courtesy to only take their dogs to places where one would expect dog - public parks, of course dogs can walk around on the outside. Dogs and cats and other pets have a place in our societies, but like all other creatures on the planet, they have a place. Same with babies - it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had brought Estelle to a tennis match, where one expect quiet.

I remember when Princess Caroline of Monaco brought her two dachshunds to an engagement at an art gallery in Monaco, and held and cuddled them during the appointment. A few posters were astonished...what if they soiled the floor or something?

I guess standards are just different now in Royal Europe.

If dogs aren't prohibited, not a problem. If they are prohibited and CP & Sofia's dog got special consideration, that's a another story.

My comment was generally meant.

Pet owners can't keep everything into account.. but they can have the courtesy to only take their dogs to places where one would expect dog - public parks, of course dogs can walk around on the outside. Dogs and cats and other pets have a place in our societies, but like all other creatures on the planet, they have a place. Same with babies - it would be equally inappropriate if Victoria and Daniel had brought Estelle to a tennis match, where one expect quiet.

I see what you mean, but with lots of people there are lots of expectations of what would be an appropriate place to either take or leave a dog at home. And you can't please everyone :), but I can understand that it can give some people a feeling of "huh?".

I remember when Princess Caroline of Monaco brought her two dachshunds to an engagement at an art gallery in Monaco, and held and cuddled them during the appointment. A few posters were astonished...what if they soiled the floor or something?

I guess standards are just different now in Royal Europe.

Yes, royals are not *that* elevated anymore.

For me personally, I don't understand people that don't like dogs or cats or whatever pet they have, except snakes.........

......and spiders. :p

Maybe the dog wasn't feeling well. Maybe the dog-sitter never showed. Maybe they were going to their country house after the match and didn't want to leave the dog in the car. Maybe Carl Philip was indulging Sofia's whim (rather charming, if that). Maybe it was: 'What do you mean we're going to a tennis match? You never said and I have the dog with me now.' :cool:

My best friend got bitten by a copperhead. Yes she is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom