Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia's Current Events Part 1: June 2015 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sofia's portrait has been updated on the royal site. Like Maddie, the portait is from the Nobels or in one of her looks from it at least.

I wish they had done the picture of Sofia on the same day as Maddie. Instead they chose the two gowns that were quite similar in color and style (Maddie's first night and Sofia's second night)

H.R.H. Princess Sofia - Sveriges Kungahus

Sofia's portrait has been updated on the royal site. Like Maddie, the portait is from the Nobels or in one of her looks from it at least.

I wish they had done the picture of Sofia on the same day as Maddie. Instead they chose the two gowns that were quite similar in color and style (Maddie's first night and Sofia's second night)

H.R.H. Princess Sofia - Sveriges Kungahus

Sofia's portrait was updated to her page at the website of the royal court already in January, like Polyesco in her message told us:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-part-1-june-2015-a-38746-11.html#post1857342

Sofia attended at Musikmakarna's concert in Örnsköldsvik on Wednesday. Since the end of January, songwriter students at the Musikmakarna have written songs along with refugees. The texts are based on the refugees' own stories.
Perhaps this was a private visit, nothing at the court calendar. Sofia's friend and one of the most prominent supporters of Project Playground, Ulla Sjöström, is the headmaster of Musikmakarna. Ulla Sjöström has organized a big fundraising gala for Project Playground in Örnsköldsvik in 2014 and 2015. Ulla Sjöström wed Sofia's sister Lina and Jonas Frejd last summer. No mention at the article that this concert would have been a collaboration between Musikmakarna and PP.
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/images/110/3663137_2048_1152.jpg?preset=article-slider
Succé när flyktingarnas berättelser blev konsert - P4 Västernorrland _ Sveriges Radio

Örnsköldsvik is over 500 kilometers from Stockholm.

Ulla Sjöström tells at the interview of Allehanda that she told to Sofia about the concert and Sofia said that she wants to be there.
"An incredibly good initiative. I must say that I enjoyed every minute", said Sofia, who was moved after the concert.
Much more she didn't want and could not say. For a longer talk the court is needed to be engaged and give their approval.
- Unfortunately, I can not say more. This requires that you have to go through the one and the second and fourth, said Princess Sofia, who visits Örnsköldsvik a couple of times a year.
Prinsessan Sofia rörd till tårar på Nolakonserten

Last edited:
Much more she didn't want and could not say. For a longer talk the court is needed to be engaged and give their approval.
- Unfortunately, I can not say more. This requires that you have to go through the one and the second and fourth, said Princess Sofia, who visits Örnsköldsvik a couple of times a year.

Apparently the court has them in tight reins these days

Apparently the court has them in tight reins these days

Yes, and especially because this was obviously a private visit, Sofia didn't have a person from the court press department with her, like the members of the royal family normally have at official work events.

Why would she need clearance from the court for how much she could say about in an interview especially since the court has allowed her to maintain some relationship to PP after her marriage? And did she take a person from the court for the PP gala?

Last edited:
Why would she need clearance from the court for how much she could say about in an interview especially since the court has allowed her to maintain some relationship to PP after her marriage? And did she take a person from the court for the PP gala?

Obviously the court has a media strategy about how much the members of the royal family can talk with the press at a private event (without that a reporter has called to the court and got an approval to an interiew). This concert in Örnsköldsvik didn't have anything to do with Project Playground, although Ulla Sjöström is a supporter of PP. The proceeds from the concert went to support Örnsköldsvik's refugee operations, including music activities.
I haven't seen any photos from the PP gala, where there would be seen a person from the press department, but the court may have agreed with Daniel Madhani from PP and he was the one who was in charge of the press interviewing Sofia in Gothenburg when she arrived to the PP gala. Or there was a person from the press department, who wasn't seen at the photos or videos.

One more photo of Sofia at the concert in Örnsköldsvik, from the Instagram of Ulla Sjöström
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDYokAqEOQo/?taken-by=ullajoy

Last edited:
Sofia visited on Thursday Sophiahemmet's surgical and nursing ward. Johan T Lindwall met her outside Sophiahemmet:
"I feel good. All is well. As it should be", says Sofia.
She got of course the question many are asking: When will the next small royalty come to the world?
"Yes, I understand that people are wondering that", said Sofia, laughing.
Then she says quickly: "I'm wondering that too".
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDpW4xkxSRJ/?taken-by=expressenkungligt

Prinsessan Sofia besökte Sophiahemmet - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Princess Sofia is glowing! She looks so beautiful and content. They are wearing matching bracelet.

Last edited:
I think the birth may be closer than we think. The fact the meeting was only added to the schedule the day of, seems to point in that direction. They weren't sure she would be able to attend, so waited to add until they were. Otherwise CP would have gone alone. Better than announcing she would attend and later withdrawing her name.

The wait is becoming long for me... each day I hope !!!!!

I think she's already overdue. When the court says "april", that usually means late march or early april. We're already half way into april.

The big question is if she'll be able to attend her father-in-laws birthday celebration. Since she hasn't given birth yet, I would guess that the answer is no.

I've always sensed that Sofia'd due date was mid-april rather than a early april. Who knows. I don't whether this child will arrive tomorrow or it will take another week for it to make an appereance. She looked good but rather bloated. Couldn't see if her tummy had dropped from the pic, but it seems not yet.

how fun it must be when you go to your show and spot royals there! double entertainment. :)

I've always sensed that Sofia'd due date was mid-april rather than a early april. Who knows. I don't whether this child will arrive tomorrow or it will take another week for it to make an appereance. She looked good but rather bloated. Couldn't see if her tummy had dropped from the pic, but it seems not yet.

Possible, but I would not be surprised if the baby will be born at the end of April or even the beginning of May.
The first child needs often more time to find its way.
Maybe a repetition of the arriving of the Cambridge children?
I doubt that Sofia will be present at the festivities for the celebration of the 70th birthday of the King
She will just have had the baby or be at the last days of her pregnancy

Princess Cristina of Spain looked bloated too on November 25th 2000 (festivities of her father's inthronisation in 1975) but her son was born on December 6th 2000

Btw Vorsten, a dutch royalty magazine mentions her presence as a high pregnant lady
and according to Svensk Damtidning there is already a plan B in case the baby will be born during the festivities

Last edited:
Possible, but I would not be surprised if the baby will be born at the end of April or even the beginning of May.
The first child needs often more time to find its way.
Maybe a repetition of the arriving of the Cambridge children?
I doubt that Sofia will be present at the festivities for the celebration of the 70th birthday of the King
She will just have had the baby or be at the last days of her pregnancy

Princess Cristina of Spain looked bloated too on November 25th 2000 (festivities of her father's inthronisation in 1975) but her son was born on December 6th 2000

Btw Vorsten, a dutch royalty magazine mentions her presence as a high pregnant lady
and according to Svensk Damtidning there is already a plan B in case the baby will be born during the festivities

I also think that the baby may arrive in late april. The full moon is on the 20th, so who knows.

I don't know what to think about the incoming celebrations. Part of me think that Sofia will show up, no matter what I might be biased though. Maybe she will choose only some days and will skip dily events I can't see her missing the chance to sport a tiara or to miss a gala.

I don't know what to think about the incoming celebrations. Part of me think that Sofia will show up, no matter what I might be biased though. Maybe she will choose only some days and will skip dily events I can't see her missing the chance to sport a tiara or to miss a gala.

No matter what you think of Sofia, she will be one of two things during the festivities: Veeeery pregnant - something similar to Madeleine during CP&Sofias wedding. A very new mother - and there is no way of knowing how she will feel so soon after the birth. Either way, I think it's very understandable and even wise to only participate in some parts of the celebrations, or not at all.

Personally I hope that the baby arrives any day now, and that she will be able to at least participate in the gala dinner. But if not, that's okay. And I think that another grandchild is a perfect gift for the king on his birthday :)

No matter what you think of Sofia, she will be one of two things during the festivities: Veeeery pregnant - something similar to Madeleine during CP&Sofias wedding. A very new mother - and there is no way of knowing how she will feel so soon after the birth. Either way, I think it's very understandable and even wise to only participate in some parts of the celebrations, or not at all.

Personally I hope that the baby arrives any day now, and that she will be able to at least participate in the gala dinner. But if not, that's okay. And I think that another grandchild is a perfect gift for the king on his birthday :)

You're right, maybe she will pull Madeleine and take part in the celebrations. Stranfely enough, I think there are more chances that she is going to be there if she is still heavily pregnant rather than if she has jsut given birth. Again, I don't know, but I think she will attend at least a day of celebration. I would be very surprised if she won't participate at all.

It is an old wife's tale that babies tend to come on full moon.
Personally I think that a birth between April 25th and May 2nd 2016 will be a safe bet in the sight of the information from Damtidning and Vorsten

Last edited:
I never believe in old wive's tales but if this one proves true baby may make appearance between the 21st and 24th.

If she did give birth than, she would be just over a week post-pregnancy. I think we would be very unlikely to see her. Other then perhaps something like the teu deum. If she appears, I think it will be at one of the shorter events, so she doesn't have to make an early exit.

I have good reasons to believe that this child will be born around the festivities for the King's birthday.
I think that Damtidning and Vorsten have their reliable sources.

The problem might be that they might have to postpone the name-giving cabinet meeting with the King and the Te Deum

Last edited:

It was at the live podcast of Aftonbladet's web-TV "Kungligt med Jenny Alexandersson" (Royal with Jenny Alexandersson) where the plan B came as a subject.
Many times a week Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson, Aftonbladet's reporter (often Maria Bjaring), and Svensk Damtidning's reporters Johanna Lejon and Liv Sander talk at the TV-broadcast on Aftonbladet's website about royal events and things.
Aftonbladet's reporter Maria Bjaring told that she had called to Margareta Thorgren. Thorgren said that they have planned the things which are related to the birth since they got to know about the pregnancy. There is a plan B, absolutely and a plan C. There are two very positive things coming and we have the readiness to cope with the both of them, said Thorgren.
Kungligt med Jenny Alexandersson

It is only natural that the press started to speculate that "what if Sofia gives birth during the King's birthday celebrations" this week, when there is only two weeks to the celebrations. It doesn't mean that the press has any information about the due date.

And now we are at a wrong thread discussing about this.

Last edited:
Another way of approaching the question: Victorias pregnancy with Oscar was announced on the 4'th of September. She gave birth on the 2'nd of March. Sofias pregnancy was announced on the 15'th of October. Assuming that they were announced at roughly the same time.... you do the math :)

Let's suppose she is due on 30th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom