The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

Carl Philip's visit to the Swedish Society of Medicine in Stockholm stopped.

Prinsens besök stoppas – misstänkt farligt föremål hittat | Nyheter | Expressen

Old 10-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia attend today at the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' formal gathering.
APA-Picturedesk

Where is the King's miniature portrait? And why the star is there where the portrait should be?
Swedish Royals attend The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' Formal Gathering _ Getty Images

Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks
this is the first time she wears the sash right?

more pictures
http://www.svenskdam.se/2015/10/sofi...ning-av-magen/
Old 10-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

She looks very nice today. I like the dress, the hair, the make-up.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip and Sofia attend today at the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' formal gathering.
APA-Picturedesk

Where is the King's miniature portrait? And why the star is there where the portrait should be?
Swedish Royals attend The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' Formal Gathering _ Getty Images
Isn't this gathering normally attended by Victoria (who is of course now in Colombia ) ? I'm happy to see CP and Sofia stepping up the number of official events in their calendar.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
APA-Picturedesk

Having endured Letizia's odd way of wearing her orders, this isn't a huge surprise. I would imagine that perhaps her dress is very thin and she didn't want to pin too much to her dress. idk
Old 10-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Isn't this gathering normally attended by Victoria (who is of course now in Colombia ) ? I'm happy to see CP and Sofia stepping up the number of official events in their calendar.
In 2012 the king, queen and Daniel attended. In 2013 The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip attended. In 2014 Victoria and Daniel attended.
It is a big pity that Daniel can't attend at this event, he has a very tight cooperation with the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences with Prince Daniel Fellowships Entrepreneurial programme and Prince Daniel's Entrepreneurial Day.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
APA-Picturedesk

Don't understand why she's wearing the order that way? The Star as a broach? Where is the King's Family Order?
Old 10-26-2015, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The sash is a mess. Folded and wrinkled
http://resize-parismatch.ladmedia.fr...tobre-2015.jpg
Old 10-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Gentry

Sofia probably takes pride in being disrespectfull to the highest Royal order of Sweden by inventing her own rules for wearing the order.

I do hope that some one at the court give her a dressing down and a lesson in the correct way of wearing the order.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
The sash is a mess. Folded and wrinkled
http://resize-parismatch.ladmedia.fr...tobre-2015.jpg
what a disaster. why didn't someone train her? surely someone in the court is assigned to tell her that she needs to have the order ironed and properly placed. i think what happened is that they gave it to her nicely folded, and she just opened it and 'popped in on' without thinking it may need ironing.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-27-2015, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia Hellqvist or Miss Universe?
¿Es Sofía Hellqvist o Miss Universo_ El primer error de protocolo de la princesa de Suecia. Noticias de Casas Reales
Translation

IVAs Högtidssammankomst 2015 _ Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 10-27-2015, 06:16 AM
Gentry

Give her a break y'all . She will never make this faux pas again. I'm sure she will make a few more . Her husband clearly is over the moon and I'm sure his parents are happy he's happy and settled . People need to give her a break & some breathing space

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-27-2015, 06:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlfraley View Post
Give her a break y'all . She will never make this faux pas again. I'm sure she will make a few more . Her husband clearly is over the moon and I'm sure his parents are happy he's happy and settled . People need to give her a break & some breathing space

Exactly! She makes a mistake and people are jumping up and down to grab her by her throat, figuratively speaking. Her dress is flimsy, her sash is wrinkled, she doesn't wear her orders correctly - how dare she!

The superior and authoritative feeling hanging in the atmosphere where Sofia is concerned is very sickening. There are enough royals left whom one can deify.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Thank you!! I remember both Mary and Marie having their RFO on the wrong side once. Marie's I'm blanking on, but Mary did have it on the right at Victoria and Daniel's Wedding instead of the left. It was both the occasion and that by that time Mary making a boo boo like that floored me is why I remember it.

Did she make a mistake? Yes. Will she do it again? No and I am certain there was quite the discussion the next day between her and someone in the Household to make certain of that. Having said that....Since the Wedding she has visited the area she is now Duchess of, as well as another mini tour of a region in Sweden wCarl-Phillip, represented TM at that Global Conference sponsored by Childhood *and* also gave her first Speech at. Factor in the events she's attended along w/her Husband and TM, plus her first Opening of Parliament and the protocol that event has w/it, then the happy news of the little one on it's way and this is her first boo boo?

It's not good, but I also think in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad either. Stuff happens. Even to the best. I forget whose Funeral it was, but didn't Prince Philip wear the wrong Order once because his Valet got the Country wrong and by the time it was discovered, it was too late?

Considering not only adjusting to her new role, but also doing so w/so many watching in the hope of something like this to happen, just so they gleefully get to rake her over the coals and she knows it too....I personally think she's done very well and all things considering, it truly is not the biggest mistake she could make. All IMO of course and yes, I do understand the importance of the Order and what it means. It's just....In this day and age I think there's far more serious mistakes Sofia could make than this.

Such as secretly being recorded dishing dirt about her new in laws for instance.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

well said. When she does something, some it precipitates to find critics, and everything is good, the hairstyle, jewellery, the dress, ....
she begins, she made mistakes, as everybody, as every new princesses, or even princesses of always.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I think people are making much ado about nothing here. It's a sash. The majority of people won't even realize it was worn incorrectly. Accidents and errors happen...people are human.

LaRae
Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 AM
Nobility

@LadyFinn - I'm not surprised Vanitas took a swing at Sofia for the sash and orders. Spanish media has never been too kind to her before the wedding. I would have been surprised if the Swedish press criticized her for it. The press and the palace has put out that Sofia has been getting ongoing training in royal life, even receiving advice from Silvia's hovedam. Part of that training from someone of that group I presume is the correct wearing of the order and sash and the importance of it being neat. Dragging in the mistakes from other royals doesn't change the fact that Sofia made a bad showing here. This should be a wake up call for Sofia that the media will not always write Valentines to her. She became a public figure the moment she said "ja" to Carl Philip, and she will be scrutinized and criticized by the press.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Courtier

I know the scrutiny comes with the role, but I personally believe we should cut her some slack. As the newcomer, she should have had someone guiding her through sash and order wearing (even if just her husband). And, as others have stated, she's going to continue to make mistakes and learn from them. I think the problem, and reason for scrutiny, only comes if she doesn't learn from her mistakes. Let's give her a chance.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@LadyFinn - I'm not surprised Vanitas took a swing at Sofia for the sash and orders. Spanish media has never been too kind to her before the wedding. I would have been surprised if the Swedish press criticized her for it. The press and the palace has put out that Sofia has been getting ongoing training in royal life, even receiving advice from Silvia's hovedam. Part of that training from someone of that group I presume is the correct wearing of the order and sash and the importance of it being neat. Dragging in the mistakes from other royals doesn't change the fact that Sofia made a bad showing here. This should be a wake up call for Sofia that the media will not always write Valentines to her. She became a public figure the moment she said "ja" to Carl Philip, and she will be scrutinized and criticized by the press.
So easy to take out a negative article and to 'forget ' everything them positive.
yesterday the same site, Vanitatis, rented its simple and sophisticated style.
Sofía Hellqvist presume de embarazo en una entrega de premios en Suecia. Noticias de Casas Reales
And as they say, letizia has also made his debut from errors.