Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia's Current Events Part 1: June 2015 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks Very elegant in the Pics of the visit to marbacken. She looks at ease and quite content!

She looks Very elegant in the Pics of the visit to marbacken. She looks at ease and quite content!

I agree she is looking at ease in her role. In fact both of them look happy and relaxed. For both their sakes I'm glad the trip is going well and continues to do so. Great to see the photos so please keep them coming.

I agree she is looking at ease in her role. In fact both of them look happy and relaxed. For both their sakes I'm glad the trip is going well and continues to do so. Great to see the photos so please keep them coming.
Yes she does look relaxed. I like her outfits esp.the raincoat and boots. They both look like they are really enjoying the events. Good beginning.

Last edited:
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden all smiles on first royal tour | Daily Mail Online

I don't see any sincerity, Sofia looks as if she's joined just another reality tv show. But maybe that's what the SRF is these days.

fiddling into CP's shirt:eek:
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/ce/b8/ceb854f64b464b4babf2b5e7c73a3ed8/16x9/912@70.jpg

Thanks. :)

To my mild surprise a decent coverage by DM. - With no pictures from the past.
The comments section is interesting though. People focus on her teeth! If a gap between her teeth is all people focus on, I actually think Sofia can lean back and relax.

Anyway BB has a nice coverage too: Prinsesse Sofia og prins Carl Philips romantiske tur i skoven | billedbladet.dk - Nothing like a nice romantic stroll in the forest - except for the hundreds of onlookers. :p
But I can't help chuckle a little bit of the BB coverage. A headline reads: "Prince Phillip said words" - That may indeed be an accomplishment...!
But I'm nevertheless relieved to read further down that the reporter meant that he gave a little speech to the crowd.

Last edited:
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden all smiles on first royal tour | Daily Mail Online

I don't see any sincerity, Sofia looks as if she's joined just another reality tv show. But maybe that's what the SRF is these days.

http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/ce/b8/ceb854f64b464b4babf2b5e7c73a3ed8/16x9/912@70.jpg

I agree with you.

Photos from today will be updated here:
Följ prinsparets väg genom Karlstad - nwt.se - Ditt Värmland, just nu

Why do you (continue to) look for sincerity in a place where you are convinced there is none to be found?
Making it difficult for yourself is a new kind of championship, I guess.

I agree with you.

Photos from today will be updated here:
Följ prinsparets väg genom Karlstad - nwt.se - Ditt Värmland, just nu

That is not surprising at all, and the same goes here. No one is forced to keep up with them.

Are there any pics from the dinner last night?

@Duke of Marmalade - I heard about the feeling up in Carl-Philip's shirt. You missed Sofia's hand on her husband's thigh during an official event:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/26/17/2BAE22EF00000578-3211747-image-m-59_1440607355519.jpg

Sorry, it's tacky in my opinion. You're on the royal clock and you know the cameras will be on you. Save that for private moments. I think Silvia's hovdam who is Sofia's mentor needs to schedule a coaching session.

I see nothing strange at that photo, but the shirt photo is tacky.
And it is not Silvia's hovdam (=lady-in waiting), who is Sofia's mentor. Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke is the First Lady of the Court and the Head of the Queen's Household. Also working at The Queen's Household are two Ladies-in-Waiting who alternate with each other, a Court Secretary and a Court Registrar. You can read more about the Queen's Household here:
H.M. The Queen's Household - Sveriges Kungahus

Are there any pics from the dinner last night?

I posted some to this thread yesterday evening, here is more:
Middag på residenset i elegant svart _ Svensk Damtidning

Sofia has looked the part so far... I wish CP was a bit more "lively" and enthusiatic as his consort...

where there any pictures from yesterday's Dinner in the residence, Karlstad Municipality ?

does sofia's new dress have the same pattern as her top yesterday? strange choice if so!
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2015/PPE15082706.jpg

yes, the hand down CP's shirt was a big no no. she definitely needs some training. i wonder if they have actually taught her a bit of protocol already. my guess is that yes, they have, but clearly not enough to fully perform her new role.

She is sincerely trying to please her husband, IMO and that is a pretty good start to any marriage.

Come on all the royal ladies make mistakes. Remember Duchess of Cambridge in Australia?

Oh my, a wife laying a hand on her husbands thigh :eek::eek:
Let me call the papers because SCANDAL.

Some of you need to chill. They look fine. Relaxed, happy and content.

@Duke of Marmalade - I heard about the feeling up in Carl-Philip's shirt. You missed Sofia's hand on her husband's thigh during an official event:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/26/17/2BAE22EF00000578-3211747-image-m-59_1440607355519.jpg

I hardly think that this is tacky. It's a normal, and fairly "discreet" way of publicly displaying love IMO. And it's reassuring to see them so happy and genuine with each other (not that I didn't think that about them before, of course) in public.

Someone hasn't done research and background information of the events well enough, Sofia's dress was a wrong choice today for the visit to the boat. There were so many photographers following them that everything is taken to photos.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

:lol: Well, there is nothing wrong with her legs. :D
She'll learn and she'll do Marylin Monroe too one day.
It'll only be a problem if she does it repeatedly.

ADDED: From Royalista: http://royalista.com/114617/4-outfits-in-one-day-princess-sofia-makes-her-duchess-debut/

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, but in Sofia's defense. A fairly tight short skirt may not be the best idea when boarding a boat, but couldn't the organizers have found a couple of steps or a stool somewhere?

In all fairness, any royal lady could have ended up in such a situation.
The water level do have a tendency to vary and how could the court know about the water level at that day, at that time and at that bridge?

Sofia is still on trial as far as I'm concerned but this one I'll blame on the organizers.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, but in Sofia's defense. A fairly tight short skirt may not be the best idea when boarding a boat, but couldn't the organizers have found a couple of steps or a stool somewhere?

In all fairness, any royal lady could have ended up in such a situation.
The water level do have a tendency to vary and could the court know about the water level at that day, at that time and at that bridge?

Sofia is still on trial as far as I'm concerned but this one I'll blame on the organizers.

I agree...maybe a little bit of a longer skirt or dress.
But hardly a big deal...

So far the trip has been nice. they both seem happy to be there :flowers:

ouch! talk about suitable clothing for the day.

is there no predictable weather forecast in sweden?

There is no predictable weather forecast in Sweden. Rain can just pass by in a few minutes or can decide to stay for hours or days. Think Scottish weather.

Sofia has looked the part so far... I wish CP was a bit more "lively" and enthusiatic as his consort...

He is a contrast to his sisters as well. Maybe Sofia put her hand on his belly to feel if he is still alive :lol:

I think she did good on her first official tour. My favorite picture is the one of her in green raincoat and boots. Not so much glamour there, but they both seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom