The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
IMO it boils down to how you fill in the blanks, if you think that they were laughing at the teacher then it was disrespectful, inappropriate, tasteless, etc. If they were blogging about an amusing incident and there was no malice or mocking involved, then I don't hold it against them. It can be said in retrospect that maybe they should have provided more detail to show that they were not laughing at the teacher, or not done the post at all because of how it may be received, but that has nothing to do with Sofia and her friend being good or bad people, it has to do with them having PR savvy.
That's a good point of view, but there are a lot who prefer to take the first (laughing at the teacher) because that's what they think Sofia is capable of. She has displayed so-called wild child behavior and elements of it appear not thought through enough (what a weird way to write down). Or well-thought of. She has admitted that, that she perhaps has not always thought of the consequences.
I think it would only be reprehensible if the teacher was insulted by it. IMO that's a case between that person, Sofia and Camilla as it happened before her wedding and even engagement.

Quote:
I think that her CV should have some general statement like Sofia is a former model and television personality. But there are some strong accusations out there like there was/is a concerted effort to hide Sofia's past and there is some form of collusion between the Swedish Royal Family, the royal court and the media to hide Sofia's past. I don't buy that. I think that there are some who do not find Sofia acceptable because of her past, and that's their prerogative, but I think that the reason there's no constant drum banging over a former glamour model and party girl becoming a Princess of Sweden is because most Swedes either don't consider these disqualifications to marrying into the SRF or just don't care.
Perhaps it would have been wiser indeed to include some of that stuff, but it has been stated before here that the general Swede indeed doesn't care about her past. Mostly it are people from outside Scandinavia and even Europe.
Liberal minded country, I suspect. Way too liberal for some.

But then, which Royal Court *is* perfect?

Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

It amazes me how much P.Sofia seems to aggrevate some people, and that is in her position an unfortunate flaw to have.

To me, reading these blogpost she was in her tweens one of those tacky, annoyingly-girly girls like there are several around (and continuously more if you're watching tv) and it would be maybe a good thing if she had something similar like dutch W-A and Maxima "he was a bit dumb" moment, and i agree that the whitewashing by the swedish RF is not a good move, especially because i think that the swedish people can deal quite well with her past antics

However the vile and aggresive comments that are coming towards her from the internet outweighs that by many many miles imo.
I remember forums which openly wished her to become ill when she was engaged so she wouldn't be able to get married..... i don't go to that forum anymore, but it gave me goosebumps (not exaggerating) to read that people can be so hateful and cruel to others; i thought it only happened in movies, but it happens at forums quite similar to this one and by posters quite similar as us here

from everything i know that Sofia did ( and yes, i saw the pics, read the blog, saw the tv shows ), she did nothing remotely to have deserved the level of internet bashing she is getting (and for some reason, imo, mainly from non-swedish people)

Old 08-29-2016, 02:18 PM
Courtier

People don't put every single thing they do on their CV. I don't get this whitewashing stuff
Old 09-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia today at the symposium on the theme "How we want adults to talk with us about the internet".
Prinsessan Sofias känslosamma tal__Hat en del av vår vardag_ _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 09-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia today at the opening of the 'Porphyry: The Royal Stone' exhibition at Sven-Harrys konstmuseum, with founder of the museum Sven-Harry Karlsson and the museum director Elsebeth Welander-Berggren. Photos Jonas Ekströmer.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

About the exhibition
Sven-Harrys konstmuseum __ About the exhibition
Old 09-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia today at the opening of the 'Porphyry: The Royal Stone' exhibition at Sven-Harrys konstmuseum, with founder of the museum Sven-Harry Karlsson and the museum director Elsebeth Welander-Berggren. Photos Jonas Ekströmer.

About the exhibition
Sven-Harrys konstmuseum __ About the exhibition
This is a nice dress and fits her perfectly. Also makes her look youthful, which she is.
Way to go Princess Sofia.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Here's a gallery of Sofia at the exhibition opening yesterday, September 27:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 09-30-2016, 09:20 AM
Majesty

the royal house published a picture on instagram of CP and sofia 'in Hykjeberg nature reserve, on the stone bench that they got as a wedding gift of Dalarna.'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK-c60Ph...-by=kungahuset
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia Attendance at the opening of Hykjeberget Nature Reserve - Images | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter
Old 09-30-2016, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia can't take their eyes off each other in Sweden | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Some nice pictures, the nature reserve looks beautiful
Old 09-30-2016, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the royal house published a picture on instagram of CP and sofia 'in Hykjeberg nature reserve, on the stone bench that they got as a wedding gift of Dalarna.'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK-c60Ph...-by=kungahuset
What stunning scenery and landscape heres a few more photos from the visit.

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 10-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

Prins Carl Philip vid militärövning med Amfibieregementet - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 10-21-2016, 12:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia visit Värmland again today. They arrived yesterday evening to Karlstad, Alexander was with them.
Här anländer prinsparet - nwt.se - Ditt Värmland, just nu

The program of the visit
Fritidsbanken, Karlstads kommun (Morning, Sofia attends)
Hushållningssällskapet i Värmland/The Swedish Rural Economy and Agricultural Societies (Morning, Carl Philip attends).
Säffle municipality (from lunch until afternoon, Carl Philip and Sofia attend).
Brigadmuseum/The Brigade Museum, Karlstad municipality (Afternoon, Carl Philip attends).
Dinner at the residence (Carl Philip and Sofia attend)
Hit ska Carl Philip och Sofia - P4 Värmland _ Sveriges Radio
Old 10-21-2016, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Princess Sofia visit to ”Fritidsbanken” in Karlstad, Varmland.

PPE Agency
Old 10-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip and Sofia visit Värmland again today. They arrived yesterday evening to Karlstad, Alexander was with them.
Här anländer prinsparet - nwt.se - Ditt Värmland, just nu

The program of the visit
Fritidsbanken, Karlstads kommun (Morning, Sofia attends)
Hushållningssällskapet i Värmland/The Swedish Rural Economy and Agricultural Societies (Morning, Carl Philip attends).
Säffle municipality (from lunch until afternoon, Carl Philip and Sofia attend).
Brigadmuseum/The Brigade Museum, Karlstad municipality (Afternoon, Carl Philip attends).
Dinner at the residence (Carl Philip and Sofia attend)
Hit ska Carl Philip och Sofia - P4 Värmland _ Sveriges Radio
Lovely to see Alexander with them !