The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2016, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia visited on Thursday Sophiahemmet's surgical and nursing ward. Johan T Lindwall met her outside Sophiahemmet:
"I feel good. All is well. As it should be", says Sofia.
She got of course the question many are asking: When will the next small royalty come to the world?
"Yes, I understand that people are wondering that", said Sofia, laughing.
Then she says quickly: "I'm wondering that too".
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDpW4xkx...ressenkungligt

Prinsessan Sofia besökte Sophiahemmet - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 04-13-2016, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia attended today at the board meeting of the Prince Couple's foundation.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEJJJNiP...-by=kungahuset
Styrelsemöte i Prinsparets stiftelse - Sveriges Kungahus

The meeting was put to the royal calendar today only some hours before the meeting.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Commoner

Princess Sofia is glowing! She looks so beautiful and content. They are wearing matching bracelet.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip and Sofia attended today at the board meeting of the Prince Couple's foundation.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEJJJNiP...-by=kungahuset
Styrelsemöte i Prinsparets stiftelse - Sveriges Kungahus

The meeting was put to the royal calendar today only some hours before the meeting.
Meaning that she is still going strong
I don't think that the birth is imminent
Old 04-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the birth may be closer than we think. The fact the meeting was only added to the schedule the day of, seems to point in that direction. They weren't sure she would be able to attend, so waited to add until they were. Otherwise CP would have gone alone. Better than announcing she would attend and later withdrawing her name.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The wait is becoming long for me... each day I hope !!!!!
Old 04-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Courtier

I think she's already overdue. When the court says "april", that usually means late march or early april. We're already half way into april.

The big question is if she'll be able to attend her father-in-laws birthday celebration. Since she hasn't given birth yet, I would guess that the answer is no.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I've always sensed that Sofia'd due date was mid-april rather than a early april. Who knows. I don't whether this child will arrive tomorrow or it will take another week for it to make an appereance. She looked good but rather bloated. Couldn't see if her tummy had dropped from the pic, but it seems not yet.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Courtier

On April 6th, Carl Philip was seen at Noppes in Stockholm. (a bar)

https://www.facebook.com/thorbjorn.l...48795898469122

On April 7th, Carl Philip and Sofia were spotted at China Theatre seeing Jersey Boys as well as at Cadierbaren- a Restaurant in Stockholm.

https://www.facebook.com/niklas.nord...53658987888520
https://www.facebook.com/Crissie.Qva...53616827721483
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 04-15-2016, 12:16 AM
Majesty

how fun it must be when you go to your show and spot royals there! double entertainment. :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-15-2016, 02:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I've always sensed that Sofia'd due date was mid-april rather than a early april. Who knows. I don't whether this child will arrive tomorrow or it will take another week for it to make an appereance. She looked good but rather bloated. Couldn't see if her tummy had dropped from the pic, but it seems not yet.

Possible, but I would not be surprised if the baby will be born at the end of April or even the beginning of May.
The first child needs often more time to find its way.
Maybe a repetition of the arriving of the Cambridge children?
I doubt that Sofia will be present at the festivities for the celebration of the 70th birthday of the King
She will just have had the baby or be at the last days of her pregnancy

Princess Cristina of Spain looked bloated too on November 25th 2000 (festivities of her father's inthronisation in 1975) but her son was born on December 6th 2000

Btw Vorsten, a dutch royalty magazine mentions her presence as a high pregnant lady
and according to Svensk Damtidning there is already a plan B in case the baby will be born during the festivities
Old 04-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Possible, but I would not be surprised if the baby will be born at the end of April or even the beginning of May.
The first child needs often more time to find its way.
Maybe a repetition of the arriving of the Cambridge children?
I doubt that Sofia will be present at the festivities for the celebration of the 70th birthday of the King
She will just have had the baby or be at the last days of her pregnancy

Princess Cristina of Spain looked bloated too on November 25th 2000 (festivities of her father's inthronisation in 1975) but her son was born on December 6th 2000

Btw Vorsten, a dutch royalty magazine mentions her presence as a high pregnant lady
and according to Svensk Damtidning there is already a plan B in case the baby will be born during the festivities

I also think that the baby may arrive in late april. The full moon is on the 20th, so who knows.

I don't know what to think about the incoming celebrations. Part of me think that Sofia will show up, no matter what I might be biased though. Maybe she will choose only some days and will skip dily events I can't see her missing the chance to sport a tiara or to miss a gala.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't know what to think about the incoming celebrations. Part of me think that Sofia will show up, no matter what I might be biased though. Maybe she will choose only some days and will skip dily events I can't see her missing the chance to sport a tiara or to miss a gala.
No matter what you think of Sofia, she will be one of two things during the festivities: Veeeery pregnant - something similar to Madeleine during CP&Sofias wedding. A very new mother - and there is no way of knowing how she will feel so soon after the birth. Either way, I think it's very understandable and even wise to only participate in some parts of the celebrations, or not at all.

Personally I hope that the baby arrives any day now, and that she will be able to at least participate in the gala dinner. But if not, that's okay. And I think that another grandchild is a perfect gift for the king on his birthday :)
Old 04-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
No matter what you think of Sofia, she will be one of two things during the festivities: Veeeery pregnant - something similar to Madeleine during CP&Sofias wedding. A very new mother - and there is no way of knowing how she will feel so soon after the birth. Either way, I think it's very understandable and even wise to only participate in some parts of the celebrations, or not at all.

Personally I hope that the baby arrives any day now, and that she will be able to at least participate in the gala dinner. But if not, that's okay. And I think that another grandchild is a perfect gift for the king on his birthday :)
You're right, maybe she will pull Madeleine and take part in the celebrations. Stranfely enough, I think there are more chances that she is going to be there if she is still heavily pregnant rather than if she has jsut given birth. Again, I don't know, but I think she will attend at least a day of celebration. I would be very surprised if she won't participate at all.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

It is an old wife's tale that babies tend to come on full moon.
Personally I think that a birth between April 25th and May 2nd 2016 will be a safe bet in the sight of the information from Damtidning and Vorsten
Old 04-15-2016, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I never believe in old wive's tales but if this one proves true baby may make appearance between the 21st and 24th.

If she did give birth than, she would be just over a week post-pregnancy. I think we would be very unlikely to see her. Other then perhaps something like the teu deum. If she appears, I think it will be at one of the shorter events, so she doesn't have to make an early exit.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:51 AM
Serene Highness

I have good reasons to believe that this child will be born around the festivities for the King's birthday.
I think that Damtidning and Vorsten have their reliable sources.

The problem might be that they might have to postpone the name-giving cabinet meeting with the King and the Te Deum
Old 04-16-2016, 03:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
It was at the live podcast of Aftonbladet's web-TV "Kungligt med Jenny Alexandersson" (Royal with Jenny Alexandersson) where the plan B came as a subject.
Many times a week Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson, Aftonbladet's reporter (often Maria Bjaring), and Svensk Damtidning's reporters Johanna Lejon and Liv Sander talk at the TV-broadcast on Aftonbladet's website about royal events and things.
Aftonbladet's reporter Maria Bjaring told that she had called to Margareta Thorgren. Thorgren said that they have planned the things which are related to the birth since they got to know about the pregnancy. There is a plan B, absolutely and a plan C. There are two very positive things coming and we have the readiness to cope with the both of them, said Thorgren.
Kungligt med Jenny Alexandersson

It is only natural that the press started to speculate that "what if Sofia gives birth during the King's birthday celebrations" this week, when there is only two weeks to the celebrations. It doesn't mean that the press has any information about the due date.

And now we are at a wrong thread discussing about this.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:18 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe the press knows more and they have their sources to make them know more
Old 04-16-2016, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Another way of approaching the question: Victorias pregnancy with Oscar was announced on the 4'th of September. She gave birth on the 2'nd of March. Sofias pregnancy was announced on the 15'th of October. Assuming that they were announced at roughly the same time.... you do the math :)