Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia's Current Events Part 1: June 2015 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a bit hesitant when the engagement was announced. Not because of something she's done in the past, but because of somethings she didn't do - go to university, or acquire some other form of higher education.

But I must say that she has done very well. She hasn't put her foot wrong during this first year, as far as I can tell, and people here in Sweden seem to like her. I also think that lots of people here can see that Carl Philip has really changed since she's at his side. He seems much more relaxed and comfortable in public. And that in itself tells me that this was a good match. I hope she keeps up the good work.

I really like this couple they look ever so happy together :)

I was a bit hesitant when the engagement was announced. Not because of something she's done in the past, but because of somethings she didn't do - go to university, or acquire some other form of higher education.

But I must say that she has done very well. She hasn't put her foot wrong during this first year, as far as I can tell, and people here in Sweden seem to like her. I also think that lots of people here can see that Carl Philip has really changed since she's at his side. He seems much more relaxed and comfortable in public. And that in itself tells me that this was a good match. I hope she keeps up the good work.

She went to University. She studied Accounting with the focus on Business Development in New York City in 2005 at the New York Institute of English and Business. Sofia has also studied courses at Stockholm University; Global Ethics, Child and Youth Studies, the UN convention on children's rights in theory and practice as well as Swedish Gender and International Relations, totaling 22.5 credits.

Sofia delivered on Tuesday "Årets eldsjäl"-award (Driving spirit) to Pär Johansson at Svenska Hjältar (Swedish Heroes) gala. Pär Johansson is the leader of Glada Hudik Theatre.
Prinsessan Sofias fina hyllning till Årets eldsjäl Pär _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Victoria and Daniel are surely happy that Johansson was awarded. Victoria and Daniel have co-operated with Pär Johansson and Glada Hudik Theatre, which is a municipal activity in accordance with the LSS (The Swedish Act Concerning Support and Service for Persons with Certain Functional disabilities) a group consisting of both intellectually disabled and normally disabled actors. Victoria and Daniel are honorary members of The Glada Hudik Theatre Supporter Club. The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation supported "Children are not born with prejudice" school project headed by Glada Hudik Theatre. The project aimed to give children good values by accepting and appreciating differences.
Pär Johansson spoke at the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation's seminar in November 2014.
http://www.kronprinsessparetsstifte...RPP+stiftelseseminarium+foto+H+Garlöv+183.jpg
Pär Johansson and the actors of Glada Hudik Theatre met Daniel at the Royal Palace in may 2016
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Daniel7.png
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Daniel8.png

Daniel delivered an award at Svenska Hjältar gala in 2013.

Last edited:
Carl Philip and Sofia have recorded a podcast
"Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia participates in the first section of the pod "Raiders of likes." It is Prince Couple's foundation along with the hosts Isa Galvan and Linnea Holst behind the podcast. It starts today and is aimed at parents who want to understand the social platform where children and young people are. "
https://www.instagram.com/p/BP-Th1GBY-y/?taken-by=kungahuset

She went to University. She studied Accounting with the focus on Business Development in New York City in 2005 at the New York Institute of English and Business. Sofia has also studied courses at Stockholm University; Global Ethics, Child and Youth Studies, the UN convention on children's rights in theory and practice as well as Swedish Gender and International Relations, totaling 22.5 credits.

NY Institute of English and Business is not a University. It's more of a secretarial course.

Sofia seems to be a good public speaker -

:flowers:

Sofia attended today at Sophia party and presentation of medals of merit to Sophia Sisters at Sophiahemmet University College.
IBL Bildbyrå

I think Sofia should have her own current events thread like Daniel, and this one can be kept for their joint events

Tomorrow/Today Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip will be attending riskdagen. No reason why has been given to the best of my knowledge.

Tomorrow/Today Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip will be attending riskdagen. No reason why has been given to the best of my knowledge.

Interesting where did it come from? Nothing on the calendar. Only the king and queen in Finland and Daniel with the kidney event. CP has nothing on schedule until national day.

That riksdagen event for Carl Philip and Sofia was put in the calendar and then just taken off. So the attendance was cancelled (for whatever reason) or the court made a mistake when adding this event to the calendar (something we've seen happen before).

Incredible not to announce the gender.... why are they doing this ?????

They didn't announce if it was a boy or a girl when Alexander was born either, so this is nothing surprising. We will probably get that information when Carl Philip holds a press conference later today, just like he did when Alexander was born.

They have a HEALTHY BABY!!!

A pity that it is born on such a dreadful day (August 31st the day Diana died)

They have a HEALTHY BABY!!!

A pity that it is born on such a dreadful day (August 31st the day Diana died)

It's my birthday, so I'm okay with it. And the fact that Diana died this day isn't going to be a big issue in the future, especially not in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom