Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia's Current Events Part 1: June 2015 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the photos and videos. It's nice to see the couple interacting with children, Sofia seems to get on well with them, though IMO it's too early to tell whether or not she is a "natural" (as some would say) with children as she hasn't had enough public appearances.

Last edited:
It looks like Sofia is doing ok on the the meet-and-greet tours (part of royal work),but when is she going to get a patronage of her own? That is, be in charge of a meeting where she is conducting the agenda? The South Africa trip doesn't count because she was honorary patron there.

I'm sure she will in time,Sofia is still learning the royal ropes so to speak and things will be done gradually easing her into royal duties.

@Lady Finn - I thought you made that up about the finger licking during the speech. I looked at the tape and I couldn't believe it. Sorry, but...no. Sofia needs to go back to media training and public speaking courses for refreshers. Using a cheat like Tacky Finger (a paste like substance to help sort paper) would have been better.

I don't think there should be a rush to assign patronages because once assigned the royal is committing to working on that organization's behalf and it should be a good fit and an area that the royal has a long-term interest in. Sofia's work with Project Playground proves that she is no slouch when it comes to charity work and she's done PP events since getting married in addition to representing the King and Queen at the Global Child Forum in Pretoria, so she has definitely been doing charity / humanitarian work since joining the Swedish Royal Family.

@Lady Finn - I thought you made that up about the finger licking during the speech. I looked at the tape and I couldn't believe it. Sorry, but...no. Sofia needs to go back to media training and public speaking courses for refreshers. Using a cheat like Tacky Finger (a paste like substance to help sort paper) would have been better.

It's not a deadly sin to do that. And her public speaking is just fine. In fact, if you compare her to other royal spouses, there are very few who have represented and held speeches so soon after the marriage.

Of course she will make small errors. She is human. But on the whole, I think she's off to an excellent start.

I don't think there should be a rush to assign patronages because once assigned the royal is committing to working on that organization's behalf and it should be a good fit and an area that the royal has a long-term interest in. Sofia's work with Project Playground proves that she is no slouch when it comes to charity work and she's done PP events since getting married in addition to representing the King and Queen at the Global Child Forum in Pretoria, so she has definitely been doing charity / humanitarian work since joining the Swedish Royal Family.

I'm also thinking that Sofia and Carl Philip will be needed for more general representation duties next year when Victoria and Daniel will be on parental leave. That is also a reason to not assign so many specific patronages to them yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
On October 12, 2015, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden attended the opening of “Sports Without Borders” activities in a school in Norrtalje, Sweden. (Sports Without Borders is a not-for-profit organisation which provides support for young people from new and emerging communities to overcome the barriers of participation in community sport.)

Photos:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/2ea77ef284f809966dd495b06fe600d1/tumblr_nw455pPdgJ1ubvb6eo1_500.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BgJf_wsHp.../s640/Princess-Sofia-Prince-Carl+Philip-0.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ogRpGUGpT...s595/Princess-Sofia-+Prince-Carl-Philip-2.jpg

Sources:
On October 12, 2015, Prince Carl Philip and... - flower wreath
Princess Sofia & Prince Carl Philip attend opening of 'Sports Without Borders' | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

On October 12, 2015, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden attended the opening of “Sports Without Borders” activities in a school in Norrtalje, Sweden. (Sports Without Borders is a not-for-profit organisation which provides support for young people from new and emerging communities to overcome the barriers of participation in community sport.)

Photos:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/2ea77ef284f809966dd495b06fe600d1/tumblr_nw455pPdgJ1ubvb6eo1_500.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BgJf_wsHp.../s640/Princess-Sofia-Prince-Carl+Philip-0.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ogRpGUGpT...s595/Princess-Sofia-+Prince-Carl-Philip-2.jpg

Sources:
On October 12, 2015, Prince Carl Philip and... - flower wreath
Princess Sofia & Prince Carl Philip attend opening of 'Sports Without Borders' | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

very nice photos and good support for the cause, :)

Last evening Princess Sofia was scheduled to an event with the King and Queen. Are there any photos?

Last evening Princess Sofia was scheduled to an event with the King and Queen. Are there any photos?

They attended at an assembly evening. It is an evening organised normally twice a year at the Royal Palace, where the people from the court parish gather to the Palace. There hasn't been any photographers or press at the previous evenings. We get photos only if the court puts an article to their website. They haven't done so many times during the years.

She looks very nice today. I like the dress, the hair, the make-up.

Carl Philip and Sofia attend today at the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' formal gathering.
APA-Picturedesk

Where is the King's miniature portrait? And why the star is there where the portrait should be?
Swedish Royals attend The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' Formal Gathering _ Getty Images

Isn't this gathering normally attended by Victoria (who is of course now in Colombia ) ? I'm happy to see CP and Sofia stepping up the number of official events in their calendar.

Carl Philip and Sofia attend today at the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' formal gathering.
APA-Picturedesk

Where is the King's miniature portrait? And why the star is there where the portrait should be?
Swedish Royals attend The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' Formal Gathering _ Getty Images

Having endured Letizia's odd way of wearing her orders, this isn't a huge surprise. I would imagine that perhaps her dress is very thin and she didn't want to pin too much to her dress. idk

Isn't this gathering normally attended by Victoria (who is of course now in Colombia ) ? I'm happy to see CP and Sofia stepping up the number of official events in their calendar.

In 2012 the king, queen and Daniel attended. In 2013 The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip attended. In 2014 Victoria and Daniel attended.
It is a big pity that Daniel can't attend at this event, he has a very tight cooperation with the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences with Prince Daniel Fellowships Entrepreneurial programme and Prince Daniel's Entrepreneurial Day.

Sofia probably takes pride in being disrespectfull to the highest Royal order of Sweden by inventing her own rules for wearing the order.

I do hope that some one at the court give her a dressing down and a lesson in the correct way of wearing the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom