Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia's Current Events Part 1: June 2015 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Victoria and Sofia's due date and announcements could be compared. Large difference in age, first vs second child, risk, etc. Maybe Victoria had reason to be cautious announcing the pregnancy.
As Sofia was announced to give birth in April -and royals always announce due date a bit later than actual- I am expecting this baby any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: By just giving a general month, they eliminated the need to give a later date or such. By saying simply April, the baby could be due any where in a 30 day stretch. If the baby had been born on the 2nd like Oscar was in March, or on the 30th, there is no saying the baby was early or late. Any time from April 1 to April 30 the baby is an April baby. The baby being born today is no less an April baby then one born in a week, or no more then if the baby had been born on April fool's.

They tend to announce around the 3 month mark it seems. If Sofia was at 3 months when she announced, the baby would have been conceived in the last week of July (July 30 if she was exactly 3 months when they announced). Based on a July 30 conception, her due date would be around the 21st.

Oscar lines up well for having been born on time. If he was conceived June 10th, Victoria would have hit 3 months around September 2nd, meaning she announced about 2 days past the mark. June 10th conception date puts her on time for a March 2nd birth.

Last edited:
In Holland when there is a pregnancy announced, they usually announce that the child is expected around the beginning of a month or at the end or they mention only the whole month (then you are pretty sure that the due date is around the middle of the month)

The birth of Princess Charlotte of Wales was announced for the month of April which made the excitement start already on the beginning of April and she decided to be born in May

Anyway that is better than announcing something for the summer or in the winter

Last edited:
Katzenburg is dressed pretty casually for a meet & greet at the Royal Palace.

at least he looks like he owns an iron, his khakis are nicely pressed, Sofia's coat looks like it's been wadded up in a ball on her floor :whistling:

Last edited:
As it seemed to be more like a private meeting, then I'd say Katzenberg in more casual outfit...what's wrong in casual elegance?
I have to say that I do not like Sofia's hair -- lighter hairends make her hair look thinner, fried and dried out. Good and easy-to-style haircut would get rid of damaged hair and make hair-styling more easier. But, hey, new mothers have million other things in their minds than current condition of their hair ;)

:previous: To be honest, Sofia's hair looks frizzy and the black and white photo earlier really highlighted that even going so far as to make it look like split ends. The colour photos show a lighter colour on the ends so perhaps she didn't have her hair treated by chemicals while she was pregnant and is growing healthy hair out.

One thing that struck me was their guest looked neat but very casually dressed, Sofia looked slightly more formal except for the rumpled coat and Carl Philip looked like he was on his way to a business meeting. So, colour me confused.

Love the bright red, and the neck detail. :) She looks very happy :flowers:

Lovely in red ! What a great figure just after having had a child !

Lovely in red ! What a great figure just after having had a child !

I agree...great color and style...love the retro look. She reminds me of Kate when she wears this style ...and she has the same fortune to bounce back so quickly after her baby was born, like Kate as well.

LaRae

Carl Philip and Sofia attend this evening at Swedish Local Heritage Federation's centenary celebrations in Skansen. They have arrived
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ad1a7ae654565cb575814f5c7fb5992d&oe=58486F95
Photos by Christine Olsson
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050011T147231792459157
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050021T147231792459157
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010070011E1472321950598885
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010070021E1472321950598885
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010070031E1472321950598885

Last edited:
The prince couples foundations new webpage has been launched. Among other things, it contains a blog. The first post there was written by Carl Philip and Sofia. It's focus is bullying and hatred on line. They write, among other things: "To bully someone is horrible. To bully a child is the worst kind of bullying. We can't understand what everyone goes through, or has gone through, but we have both experienced hatred online".

I can also mention that this article is the third most read right now at Expressen, so it has certainly caught peoples attention.

Prinsparet: "Hat känns oavsett vem du är" | Kungligt | Expressen

Here's a link to the website: https://prinsparetsstiftelse.se

This is the full blog post. Any kind of strange translation is purely my fault.

"We're proud to inaugurate this blog, which is going to focus on bullying and all of those that are affected by bullying. We're going to focus our attention on hatred online and living with dyslexia, topics that are close to both of us. This blog will contain, among other things, guest bloggers and articles that we find important.

To bully someone is horrible. To bully a child is the worst kind of bullying. Words hurt, not just for the moment, and punches doesnt just hurt the particular instate they hit you. Bullying causes wounds that for many people lasts their whole life. We can't understand what everyone goes through, or has gone through, but we have both experienced hatred online. It has given us and understanding, and is a driving force to work with those issues, along with a will to try to help others.

Hatred hurts no matter who you are, and as new parents if feels more important then ever to us. Every day children around Sweden experience much worse things that what we've been through. Name calling, beating and involuntary solitude with time becomes a backpack that can break every back, no matter how strong they are. Instead of happy, playing children, those kids can be found in a corner of the school yard, with no faith in themselves, the society around them or the adults close to them. It doesn't have to be this way. It's not good enough to ask that "someone" should do something. It's all of our responsibility, every day, for every child. It's our obligation as adults to talk to our children, but also to be good role models on those topics. That's why we start Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofias foundation - to strengthen the good conversations, the positive role models, and to try to give strength to all children: those who bully and those who passively stand on the sideline. A good society is built on good citizens. And good citizens comes from a stronge self esteem and faith in your own value. No child deserves less than that".

https://prinsparetsstiftelse.se/forsta-blogginlagget-fran-carl-philip-och-sofia/

interesting that they are so vocal about their experiences being bullied online - it's quite outspoken for members of a royal family...

I agree that it's interesting. It's also understandable. The amount of hatred against especially Sofia is remarkable. It's everything from small pinches - that sh'e not a good mother, that she doesn't deseve to be married to a prince, that she's dressed the wrong way... you name it, it's out there. I'm really glad that they are strong enough to try to bring some attention to this particular area.

It's great that they "speak" about this things, especially their personal experience with bullying and online hatred. They may be public people but they're still as human as anyone and don't deserve a lot that is thrown against them online. Especially Sofia had to endure way to much hatred and bashing online. It's about time they react on this topic.

I totally understand the shared experience of Car Philip about his hard times with dylsexia, but I can't see Sofia as nothing but hypocritical. She was the one to bully her disabled teacher, so if she wanted to share also her own experience it would have been better to admit that the bully was her during her twenties and not play the victim.

I think they have chosen a good topic to focus on. Still in keeping with the RF focus on children, yet dealing with a very current and disturbing problem.

I totally understand the shared experience of Car Philip about his hard times with dylsexia, but I can't see Sofia as nothing but hypocritical. She was the one to bully her disabled teacher, so if she wanted to share also her own experience it would have been better to admit that the bully was her during her twenties and not play the victim.

You're right. That wasn't a smart move and let's hope she already apologized to her former teacher for her bad behaviour a long time ago. But the fact that she made this mistake doesn't automatically mean that she is hypocritical and just plays the victim. She is a victim of but unjustified hatred and very nasty online mobbing. And she has every right to talk about that just like Carl Philip.

I must have missed something here, did Sophia admit this bullying and did she apologise. What teacher did she have in her twenties?

That's why there is pushback on Sofia; that online bullying that has been said she did. Unless she owns it - publicly admit she did it and apologize to that teacher - she has no credibility on this subject. As a public person she bears the burden of setting the example. Another reason for resistance is the feeling that Sofia's past was never fully addressed - warts and all; that the palace whitewashed her past to make her palpable as a royal bride. People don't like being played for fools especially when the history is on the Internet and it's different than what's on the official royal website.

That's why there is pushback on Sofia; that online bullying that has been said she did. Unless she owns it - publicly admit she did it and apologize to that teacher - she has no credibility on this subject. As a public person she bears the burden of setting the example. Another reason for resistance is the feeling that Sofia's past was never fully addressed - warts and all; that the palace whitewashed her past to make her palpable as a royal bride. People don't like being played for fools especially when the history is on the Internet and it's different than what's on the official royal website.

Agree 100%!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom