Prince Carl Philip and Motor Racing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Here is another photo from Instagram which shows Madeleine, Leonore, Sofia, Carl Philip, and I am guess that holding Leonore is Karini a co-worker from Childhood and one of Madeleine's close friends.
Instagram
Instagram (And another one of them all)
And another! Instagram

King
Instagram
Instagram

Karini is Karini Gustafson-Teixeira, the wife of Pedro Teixeira. Some swedish magazine wrote earlier that Pedro is Chris' friend. They were invited to Madeleine's and Chris wedding. At least that time they were married.

Last edited:
Karini is Karini Gustafson-Teixeira, the wife of Pedro Teixeira. Some swedish magazine wrote earlier that Pedro is Chris' friend. They were invited to Madeleine's and Chris wedding. At least that time they were married.

Yes. Madeleine wrote that they were close friends on her Facebook blog post sharing Karini's blogpost for Thank You TBT this week. She was also the only USA Childhood worker (besides for the head) invited to the wedding. They have also been seen hanging out in New York City before. Karini has twin sons a few months older than Leonore.

From Volvo Polestar's press release before the last races of the season in Mantorp Park:
Prince Carl Philip has turned around a tough season start to scoring points in the last seven races, as well as securing personal best with sixth postion.
”We have definitely made progress and I am glad with that. Mantorp Park is a track that I have scored strongly on in the past, so I hope to finish the season on a high,” said Bernadotte.
STCC title within reach for Thed Björk in season finale

The last races of this STCC-season are tomorrow at the Mantorp Park race track.
Prince Carl Philip Bernadotte is going to start from 12th position on the grid for both races, a position he is not pleased with.
”I didn’t get it right this time. We are going to go through the data ahead of tomorrow and see if we can improve something,” said Bernadotte.
Thed Björk takes one step closer to STCC title after qualifying

Photos
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/1/F14111486811559610_1.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/1/F14111486811559610_2.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/1/F14111486811559610_3.jpg

Carl Philip drove off the track on the training yesterday.
Prinsen körde av banan Snurrade Motor Expressen

Last edited:
Carl Philip drove off the track at the same place as yesterday at the first race, and retired from the race.

Carl Philip congratulated his team-mate, Volvo Polestar's Thed Björk, who secured the STCC-Championship in the first race. Björk was the champion also last year.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx-tAbXIIAAeSpk.jpg
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
https://www.stcc.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BB140920JK0457-750x422.jpg

Carl Philip was 13th at the second race, the last race of the season. His teammates Fredrik Ekblom and Thed Björk came first and second.
Results first race
https://www.stcc.se/resultat/?ryear=2014&rclass=9&rtrack=23&revent=248&rid=47527
Results second race
https://www.stcc.se/resultat/?ryear=2014&rclass=9&rtrack=23&revent=249&rid=47532

Carl Philip was 12th at the total results of STCC this year.
Poäng STCC

A photo of Carl Philip congratulating Thed Björk.
https://d2.dn-static.se/UploadedImages/2014/9/20/2dddd832-9fd7-45df-a1e3-5eaf73211655/original.jpg

Prince Carl Philip Bernadotte had a tough weekend where he retired from the first race and finished 13th in the final race, but summarizes the season as positive nonetheless.
”I am not pleased with the weekend in terms of results. But I take the positive points from this season with me as we have taken important steps forward. I scored points in seven consecutive races and claimed a new personal best at Knutstorp. I look forward to 2015,” said Bernadotte.
Thed Björk and Volvo Polestar Racing claims 2014 STCC title

Volvo Polestar Team celebrates
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...219_919780848050792_5227709607168980801_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he should retire now, he's in his mid 30's, and about to get married.....if he has children in the future, he should not be doing such 'dangerous sports' which could either encourage any offspring to do the same, or which may affect his health badly, such that he wont be able to be there for them. Honestly now that he's approaching his 40's he should focus more on his royal duties and charities, and work more for Sweden.
plus he doent seem to be particularly good at, so he should use his energy to improve some thing he's already good at, or has potential for

Last edited:
Unfortunately he doesn't seem to improving any more and he is with a good team (the other drivers get consistently good results) so it's not just because of a lack of technique or team-support.

But obviously it's his hobby and something he likes to do, and he probably brings good publicity for the team, so I'm not sure that he will stop when he's married...

He has been racing for so many years that if he still hasn't figured it out, he should stop. And even though he would have the world's strongest support group, he is the one who has to drive the car.

Carl Philip congratulated his team-mate, Volvo Polestar's Thed Björk, who secured the STCC-Championship in the first race. Björk was the champion also last year.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx-tAbXIIAAeSpk.jpg
http://www.stcc.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BB140920JK0457-750x422.jpg

I don't think so. One doesn't have to be alwys Nr. 1 at something to continue doing it. He likes racing and has a team who let him race even though he isn't the most successful. So it's working for those who are involved. Maybe the team just uses him for publicity. So what? CP uses the team for having fun at a big hobby. So it works both ways. If one only has to be good or extremely successful to be allowed to continue something there wouldn't be so many amateur / hobby sports teams.

Let him race as long as there won't be such misunderstandings like with this military exercise, where he raced while officially doing something official which is included in his royal calendar. That I don't like but if he wants to race in his free time and his team (and his future wife) let him do so, it's perfectly okay.

A few posts have been removed as they were leading this thread in a direction not on-topic - Carl Philip's motor racing.

If he devoted himself full-time to racing and that is all that he did (nothing else), he probably would do better than he is. I'm assuming that he doesn't do racing full time.

When a driver marries, this changes some things but not a lot. When a driver has children, this changes their driving style to a certain degree I've seen changes in the driving of NASCAR drivers before and after they have had a family. They don't take as many risks and something that they might have done being aggressive to gain track possession they might not do so or do so more cautiously.

Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department commented Carl Philip's season:
- It is a sport with high competition, a lot can happen during the races and this season has been the prince had some bad luck.
But Sofia was there to comfort the disappointed prince, she gave him a hug. And Sofia's entire family was there, mother Marie, sister Lina and father Erik
And not only that. King was also in place in Mantorp. He shared the prize for the winner and supported his son. The king embraced Sofia with a hug.
- The Queen was not present at the races, but follows of course with great interest the progress of the prince, says Margareta Thorgren.
Sofia stöttade sin prins med en kram Nyheter Expressen

If he devoted himself full-time to racing and that is all that he did (nothing else), he probably would do better than he is. I'm assuming that he doesn't do racing full time.

The other drivers don't usually race or test between the races, there are agreements of how much the drivers can test during the season, so it isn't really different for Carl Philip.

Last edited:
Maybe now is the time to give up racing cars(never understood why people do some sports that they do because they seem dangerous to one's health, case in point, the deaths recently in the US) and then he could take a cue from his sister and get out there and work like she does...........He could show his love and support for the country that supports him and his lifestyle.

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were watching Carl Philip's test and qualifying day at the Solvalla Race Track on Friday, 5th September.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hasse...2Ar-odkMGU-ovrYHH-nD4RM1-8CB3XR-nDh1r3-7Rihhf

Victoria and Daniel had chosen a different day than the rest of the family: Sofia, Sofia's family, Madeleine and Leonore were in Solvalla on Saturday 6th September. The king was there on both days. Victoria and Daniel also managed to keep a very low profile.

Last edited:
Carl Philip had today an official work event: A test day with the winners of the Prince Carl Philip Racing Cup in Gelleråsen. All the winners got a test day. And of course Carl Philip crashed out of a track like he does in STCC too, when he had 14-year old Carl Jansson with him at the car. Luckily they didn't get hurt.
Här kraschar prinsen – med 14-åring i bilen - Motor - www.na.se
Translation

Prins Carl Philip vid testdag för pristagarna i Prins Carl Philips Racing Pokal - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Lyckad testdag för pristagarna i Prins Carl Philips Racing Pokal STCC

Carl Philip had today an official work event: A test day with the winners of the Prince Carl Philip Racing Cup in Gelleråsen. All the winners got a test day. And of course Carl Philip crashed out of a track like he does in STCC too, when he had 14-year old Carl Jansson with him at the car. Luckily they didn't get hurt.
Här kraschar prinsen – med 14-åring i bilen - Motor - www.na.se
Translation

Oh my... that's very fortunate that they are okay, but maybe good to be very hesitant in doing this again (especially with a passenger i mean, any racecardriver know there are dangers for his/her own health, but it's different when you have someone on board)

Am I right in reading that CPC had a 14 year old in the car while on the tracks and crashed.:eek:...........omg, this is a reckless decision and how could the parents let their children ride let alone race at that age? And what was CPC thinking? Motor racing is for adults with experience not for children and yes, at 14 your still a child..............maybe CPC needs a new hobby that is less dangerous now that he is getting married...............and maybe some people need to grow up...

omg, this is a reckless decision and how could the parents let their children ride let alone race at that age? And what was CPC thinking? Motor racing is for adults with experience not for children and yes, at 14 your still a child..............

This in itself is not the issue, lots of young boys and girls get into racing, starting with karting (there's a 17 year old starting in Formula1 now, you can't have reached that level at that age if you don't start young; former F1 driver Michael Schumacher already won international karting races at age 15), but i can imagine it's an awesome experience for a kid to be in a real racecar on a real circuit.
However, the driver driving the kid around should ofcourse be a especially careful, it's just a lap across the circuit, not a race when you have a passenger in the car :flowers:

:previous:I am totally inexperienced nor have much knowledge about car racing and I have always been under the impression it was for adults. I do know that some in my family, cousins used to go to something called *go Karts* (hope I got that right) when they were teenagers and it never seemed dangerous. This Formula 1 I know nothing about as I don't follow car racing and it doesn't interest me, so I think when a 14 is in a car racing around a racetrack with someone who has experience and they crash........goodness gracious he should be more careful and he was darn lucky nothing happened to that child. I don't care who was racing, that doesn't matter to me, it's the idea that someone with experience crashed a car with a 14 year old boy in it that bothers me..........at 14 your still a kid, not an adult and teenagers are know to not make wise or careful decisions as at that age they seem to know it all as I did at that age and upon growing up realize what an idiot I was. Maybe now that CPC is getting married he could direct his energies into something less dangerous as he might have a family someday and given his record he is not very good at this racing. :)

In the U.S recently a 14 year old girl was killed driving a race car. Her parents supported her love of racing. She was killed in her first race. I am sorry but no at 14 there are safer hobbies , when you are 18 can do as you please but not at 14.

In the U.S recently a 14 year old girl was killed driving a race car. Her parents supported her love of racing. She was killed in her first race. I am sorry but no at 14 there are safer hobbies , when you are 18 can do as you please but not at 14.

I'm sure it's a cultural difference, but in large parts of the US it's completely normal for children to use guns and even child-versions of weapons are given as birthday-presents; this to me (little ol' european person) is much more incomprehensible than 14 year olds driving go-karts :flowers:

Guns don't kill people and Cars don't kill people.
It's when people get involved with guns and cars that deaths occur. :flowers:

:previous:So agree with you and *Very Well Said*............now if people would just realize that...............

Back
Top Bottom