The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip has spent today a test day with the winners of the Prince Carl Philip's Racing Cup at Gelleråsen Racetrack in Karlskoga. All the winners from the races in August got a test day.
From court Instagram
https://instagram.com/p/8yBuvyP8jT/
Another photo
http://www.stcc.se/wp-content/upload...72-750x422.jpg

Carl Philip's team Polestar Cyan Racing will enter the FIA World Touring Car Championship in 2016 with two Volvo S60 Polestar race cars as start of a multi-year programme. This year the races were driven in Europe, Morocco, Argentina, Thailand, China...
Carl Philip's this year's teammates, reigning STCC champion Thed Björk and three-time STCC champion Fredrik Ekblom and in addition multiple STCC race winner Robert Dahlgren are part of the development work of the WTCC programme.
Further information on the 2016 WTCC Polestar Cyan Racing programme, including driver line-up, will be revealed in due course.
Polestar Cyan Racing announces multi-year FIA WTCC programme _ Cyan Racing

Carl Philip has been confirmed as STCC Polestar Cyan Racing driver also in 2016. Since Björk and Ekblom are now part of the development work of the WTCC, it looks that Carl Philip will get a new teammate as the other driver to his team.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The racing calendar in STCC for 2016 is ready. There will be seven racing weekends, the first race is on 1st May and the last on 24th September. So far the weekends have been: on Friday test sessions and qualifications and on Saturday the two races. In 2016 on some weekends the tests and qualifications are on Saturday and the races on Sunday. There will be also more drivers than this year.
Fullmatad STCC-säsong väntar racingeliten 2016 _ STCC
Translation

Old 12-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

The new driver Polestar with Carl-Philip in STCC

Robert Dahlgren returns to STCC next year where he will drive the Polestar Racing Cyan. "I'm here to take the title," said Dahlgren in a press release.

Dahlgren stallkamrat med Prinsen - Sport | SVT.se
Old 12-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Dahlgren will return to the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship with Polestar Cyan Racing for the 2016 season. Dahlgren, the 2010 STC Cup champion and a three-time STCC runner-up, will drive one of the two Volvo S60 Polestar race cars alongside Prince Carl Philip. Dahlgren is born in 1979, like Carl Philip.
Polestar Cyan Racing announces driver for 2016 STCC _ Cyan Racing

Dahlgren has
Races: 108
Victories: 17
Podiums: 45

Carl Philip has
Races: 35
Victories: 1
Podiums: 1

So this could mean that Carl Philip's last year's teammates Thed Björk and Fredrik Ekblom drive Polestar Cyan Racing team's cars in WTCC in 2016.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip gets a tough challenge from his new teammate at STCC this year, Robert Dahlgren. At least it seems so when you read Dahlgren's interview.

How are you preparing for your STCC return?
”I am driving a simulator every day. I exercise at least five times a week, between 30 to 40 hours a week. I mix running, skiing and strength training at the gym.”
Ten questions with Polestar Cyan Racing driver Robert Dahlgren _ Cyan Racing
Old 02-12-2016, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip, the patron of Rally Sweden (Svenska rallyt), arrived to the rally headquarters. Later today he should follow the rally at some ss.
https://twitter.com/thorsseb/status/698079851983609857
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBrybxev...-by=kungahuset
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBr3I7lu4hf/

H.K.H. Prins Carl Philip räddar dagen _ Rally Sweden
Prins Carl Philip publik på rallyt - Svenska Rallyt 2016 _ Sveriges Radio

ROYAL: Prinz Carl Philip zur Rally Sweden
Old 02-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

The most successful STCC driver ever, Richard Göransson, has signed to drive a third Volvo S60 for Cyan Racing in the 2016 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship.
Göransson is going to drive alongside already confirmed drivers Robert Dahlgren and Prince Carl Philip at Cyan Racing.
Four-time STCC champion Richard Göransson signs for Cyan Racing _ Cyan Racing
Old 04-08-2016, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

The official test days for STCC are 12-13 April in Ring Knutstorp and 19-20 April in Karlskoga. The teams test in one of these. All teams aren't so ready yet so the organizers have made two tests. Because everything should be ok for Cyan Racing, I think that the test days for Carl Philip are 12-13 April. We will see.
Intensiv testperiod inför STCC-premiären i Skövde _ STCC
Old 04-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip's teammates at Polestar Cyan Racing, Richard Göransson and Robert Dahlgren, were testing their cars today at the official STCC tests at Knutstorp.
Carl Philip wasn't at the tests.
"Göransson and Dahlgren will be joined by Prince Carl Philip in Polestar Cyan Racing’s third Volvo S60 during the 2016 STCC season, while he missed the test at Knutstorp due to other commitments."
Richard Göransson breaks lap record in first STCC test _ Cyan Racing
Old 04-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I was wondering why CP missed the test and thought that perhpas it had something to do with the baby. We'll see...
Old 04-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Knutstorp Racetrack is in southern Sweden, about 560 kilometers from Stockholm. So it is not a wonder that Carl Philip didn't go testing there when Sofia's pregnancy is almost in its end. The closest airport seems to be 45 minutes away from Knutstorp.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

It seems clear that Carl Philip will not race at the season's first STCC races in Skövde on 1st May. The tests and qualifications are on the king's birthday 30th April, and he can't take part at the race without attending them.
No official press release from STCC or Carl Philip's team Cyan Racing yet.

Scott McLaughlin (who drives for Volvo Cyan Racing at V8 cars serie) has been invited to stand in for Volvo's royal racer Prince Carl Philip of Sweden at the new Skövde Airport Circuit on May 1, driving a turbocharged four-cylinder version of the V8-engined S60 he races here.
Prince Carl, an accomplished racing driver who is third in line to the Swedish throne, is unable to contest the opening round of the Scandinavian series because he is committed to attending the 70th birthday celebration for his father, King Carl XVI Gustaf.
McLaughlin is keen to join the main Volvo Cyan Racing team to test himself in a different competition, but his availability will depend on approval from his local team boss, Garry Rogers, who will have to rearrange his star driver's schedule in the lead-up to the next V8 event in Perth a week after the Swedish race from May 7-8.
"I'd love to do it," McLaughlin told Fairfax Media after winning Sunday's 200km second leg of the Phillip Island SuperSprint. "It's up to Garry. I have a lot of commitments before the Perth SuperSprint."
Rogers, who is locked in negotiations to re-sign McLaughlin to lead an extended Volvo V8 factory team deal form next year, confirmed the timing of the call-up could be a problem.
"He has the drive, standing in for Prince Carl," Rogers said. "It's a matter of juggling his schedule here so he can do it. But it will be difficult because we have a lot of promotions and appearances for sponsors in Perth. At this stage, I'd say no, but we're trying to work something out. Volvo want him, so we may be able to make it happen."
V8 Supercars_ Scott McLaughlin dominates at Phillip Island SuperSprint
Old 04-22-2016, 03:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Micke Fransson, the media manager of STCC (the racing serie Carl Philip races in) says that Carl Philip will not race at the first races in Skövde on 1st May.
- The prince will not race. His car will be run by an Australian with a very complicated name, Scott McLaughlin.
When did you find out about this?
- We have known that the king has his birthday. There has been little different rumors about whether he would race or not. But the final decision came when we learned that the Australian would race.
Will it have an influence on the public interest that the prince cancels?
- No, it does not contribute anything to the number of audience.
Prins Carl Philip lämnar återbud till STCC-premiären _ Motor _ Expressen
Old 05-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip will race his first STCC races of the season at Mantorp Park on Thursday 26th May, there are two races in the evening.

Prince Carl Philip missed the season opener at Skövde due to the 70th birthday of his father King Carl XVI Gustaf, as well as having become a father himself. For this race Prince Carl Philip is hoping for a strong comeback.
”I love to be back racing in the STCC again. I have raced many times at Mantorp Park before, but never the short version and never in twilight conditions. So I am really excited to take on these challenges and hope for a strong points haul,” said Prince Carl Philip.
Into the twilight at Mantorp Park _ Cyan Racing
Old 05-26-2016, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip was 5th at the first test at Mantorp Park
https://twitter.com/CyanRacing/statu...65533203697664

Second test, qualifications and two races later today.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:02 AM
Serene Highness

I was told that the last race will be held at midnight
Old 05-26-2016, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
I was told that the last race will be held at midnight
The first race is at 18.45 and the second at 21.00. Small changes may come if there are crashes at the other races or something like that.
Mantorp Park kvällsrace 26 maj | STCC

Carl Philip was 8th at the second test.
https://twitter.com/CyanRacing/statu...10656046358530

Carl Philip and his teammates Richard Göransson and Robert Dahlgren.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjY3DkHWEAEKELd.jpg:large

Carl Philip was 7th at the first qualification
https://twitter.com/CyanRacing/statu...40963055243264
And 8th at the second.
https://twitter.com/CyanRacing/statu...44780807163904

Gallery
ROYAL: Carl Philip gibt wieder Vollgas

There are only 10 cars racing this weekend because PWR Racing Team couldn't make Emma Kimiläinen's car ready to these races due to the big crashes on the last race.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip was 6th at the first race. His teammate Richard Göransson (with 40 extra kg's at his car) won and Robert Dahlgren (with 60 extra kg's at his car) was 5th.
https://twitter.com/CyanRacing/statu...80807689097220

Carl Philip was 8th at the second race. The track was wet. Carl Philip started from 4th place his teammates way behind him. Soon his teammates passed him and later Carl Philip drove off the wet track and lost places. Carl Philip's teammate Robert Dahlgren won and Richard Göransson came second. Carl Philip was slow, he was over 1,3 seconds slower at his best lap than his teammates.
https://twitter.com/CyanRacing/statu...15586157416450
Old 05-27-2016, 03:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Carl Philip had a solid season start after missing the Skövde season start, claiming sixth in the first race and eighth in the second race.
“I really enjoyed being back again. I would like to have had a bit more time in the car, but I am pleased with the season start. I have two really talented team mates with Richard and Robert that I can get some tips from,” said Prince Carl Philip.
Dahlgren and Göransson continue STCC title fight at Mantorp _ Cyan Racing