The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
omg, this is a reckless decision and how could the parents let their children ride let alone race at that age? And what was CPC thinking? Motor racing is for adults with experience not for children and yes, at 14 your still a child..............
This in itself is not the issue, lots of young boys and girls get into racing, starting with karting (there's a 17 year old starting in Formula1 now, you can't have reached that level at that age if you don't start young; former F1 driver Michael Schumacher already won international karting races at age 15), but i can imagine it's an awesome experience for a kid to be in a real racecar on a real circuit.
However, the driver driving the kid around should ofcourse be a especially careful, it's just a lap across the circuit, not a race when you have a passenger in the car

Old 10-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Serene Highness

I am totally inexperienced nor have much knowledge about car racing and I have always been under the impression it was for adults. I do know that some in my family, cousins used to go to something called *go Karts* (hope I got that right) when they were teenagers and it never seemed dangerous. This Formula 1 I know nothing about as I don't follow car racing and it doesn't interest me, so I think when a 14 is in a car racing around a racetrack with someone who has experience and they crash........goodness gracious he should be more careful and he was darn lucky nothing happened to that child. I don't care who was racing, that doesn't matter to me, it's the idea that someone with experience crashed a car with a 14 year old boy in it that bothers me..........at 14 your still a kid, not an adult and teenagers are know to not make wise or careful decisions as at that age they seem to know it all as I did at that age and upon growing up realize what an idiot I was. Maybe now that CPC is getting married he could direct his energies into something less dangerous as he might have a family someday and given his record he is not very good at this racing.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:40 AM
Serene Highness

In the U.S recently a 14 year old girl was killed driving a race car. Her parents supported her love of racing. She was killed in her first race. I am sorry but no at 14 there are safer hobbies , when you are 18 can do as you please but not at 14.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
In the U.S recently a 14 year old girl was killed driving a race car. Her parents supported her love of racing. She was killed in her first race. I am sorry but no at 14 there are safer hobbies , when you are 18 can do as you please but not at 14.
I'm sure it's a cultural difference, but in large parts of the US it's completely normal for children to use guns and even child-versions of weapons are given as birthday-presents; this to me (little ol' european person) is much more incomprehensible than 14 year olds driving go-karts

Guns don't kill people and Cars don't kill people.
It's when people get involved with guns and cars that deaths occur.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

So agree with you and *Very Well Said*............now if people would just realize that...............
Old 10-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Guns don't kill people and Cars don't kill people.
It's when people get involved with guns and cars that deaths occur.
There's still a big difference. Guns are made for killing and cars are made for driving.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
There's still a big difference. Guns are made for killing and cars are made for driving.
Yep, and that's why i personally don't have a problem with teenagers driving go-karts, and do with a guns (in my case: guns period, but that's just m.o.)

Anyway, i hope that P.C-P soon manages to get some positive news with his racing hobby, because there wasn't much of that this year...
Old 10-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Serene Highness

The 14 year old wasn't driving a go cart it was an actual race care , she was doing what she wanted to do. I don't think children should be allowed to use guns either it is not necessary.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip on Saturday in Australia, following the Gold Coast 600, which is round 12 of the V8 Supercars Championship Series at the Surfers Paradise Street Circuit on on the Gold Coast. Volvo Polestar Racing’s Carl Philip, STCC Champion Thed Björk and Fredrik Ekblom were hosted by their Volvo-driving Australian counterparts, Scott McLaughlin and Robert Dahlgren of Valvoline GRM Racing.
Carl Philip Bernadotte Pictures - Gold Coast 600 - V8 Supercars Top Ten Shootout & Race 31 - Zimbio

http://d508o84lonf06.cloudfront.net/...12-14-0106.jpg
http://d508o84lonf06.cloudfront.net/...12-14-0274.jpg
http://d508o84lonf06.cloudfront.net/...12-14-0048.jpg
http://d508o84lonf06.cloudfront.net/...2-14-0360.jpg¨
http://d508o84lonf06.cloudfront.net/...12-14-0411.jpg
Old 10-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

He is in Australia?
do we know how long?
Old 10-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
He is in Australia?
do we know how long?
The Gold Coast 600 race in V8 Supercars was from Friday to today, so if he doesn't stay for a holiday, I think he should soon return to Sweden. He has next work event at his calendar on 12th November.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

The calendar for 2015. Carl Philip will have to hurry from Gothenburg to the National Day celebration like this year.
The 2015 STCC calendar has been unveiled
Old 11-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The calendar for 2015. Carl Philip will have to hurry from Gothenburg to the National Day celebration like this year.
The 2015 STCC calendar has been unveiled
Well, at least there's room for some honeymoon-time
Old 11-29-2014, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip's helmet, painted by Lasse Mehtola.
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/h...12068593_n.jpg
Old 02-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to the updated STCC calendar, Carl Philip doesn't have time for a long honeymoon after the wedding, if he wants to race at the first ever evening race of STCC, in Mantorp Park on 25th June.
Kalender | STCC
Old 02-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Yep, and that's why i personally don't have a problem with teenagers driving go-karts, and do with a guns (in my case: guns period, but that's just m.o.)

Anyway, i hope that P.C-P soon manages to get some positive news with his racing hobby, because there wasn't much of that this year...
I dont think he is very talented.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Volvo Polestar Racing is going to field the most merited driver line-up ever for the 2015 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship with drivers Thed Björk, Fredrik Ekblom and Prince Carl Philip.
”We are proud to confirm the strongest ever driver STCC line-up and we have a clear goal set for the 2015 season: to become the first ever team to claim three consecutive STCC drivers’ and teams’ titles,” said Christian Dahl, CEO of Polestar.

"My goal for 2014 was to score top ten finishes consistently and I managed that in more than half of the races. 2015 will be my third year in the STCC and I look forward to the challenge together with Volvo Polestar Racing. My goal is to break into the top ten of the championship standings,” said Prince Carl Philip.
Volvo Polestar Racing fields most merited ever STCC line-up
Old 02-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope the Prince remains silent about sustainability, nature preserve, the carbon footprint or the ozone layer. With his racing hobby he is the least trustworthy person to voice any worries about this... This sort of hobbies also only serves an image as a spoiled brat, in my humble opinion.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Nobility

CP's involvement in races : there has just been an important international motor race in Sweden last weekend, he did not participate!? Not in his field? he does not qualify for that sort of events? So he chooses that moment to switch over to design??
I did not even see he a attended the race, gave out the prize to the winner... totally irrelevant for him?
Old 02-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
CP's involvement in races : there has just been an important international motor race in Sweden last weekend, he did not participate!? Not in his field? he does not qualify for that sort of events? So he chooses that moment to switch over to design??
I did not even see he a attended the race, gave out the prize to the winner... totally irrelevant for him?
Carl Philip races at STCC, which is driven at a race track. Last weekend was the Rally of Sweden. Carl Philip has driven rally for fun for a couple of times and he has delivered the prizes at the Rally in many years but this time he obviously had something more important to him, he attended at the Frankfurt Fair Ambiente 2015.