The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald Separate; March 2009

According to Bunte Carl Phillip and his long-term girlfriend have temporarily split up..
Carl Philip von Schweden: Liebespause von Emma? - BUNTE

Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Commoner

Bild.de says the same
Carl Philip von Schweden trennt sich von seiner Freundin Emma Pernald - Royals - Bild.de

It is said, that there have been troubles before. But the main issue was the new project of Emma. She's supposed to be working on the next campagne for the liberal-conservative party of swedens prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt.

People think that a soon-to-be member of the royal family should get her hands off political work like that.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with these magazines and I can't read the language. Could someone please tell me how reliable they are?

BTW, how is it possible to 'temporarily' split up? What would be the point of a 'temporary' split?? Isn't it better to either work things out or just have a complete break? Or am I misunderstanding something here? I hope the news is not true anyway.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

Well it says that there are rumours they split up. Bunte and Bild are yellow press but in the past Carl Phillip was not of big interest for these magazines/newspapers. I guess it could be true.....
Old 10-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Dear Firelight, they both quote Se och Hor as they source, and that is not a very reliable source... I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, is some sort of tabloish Tv guide magazine

IF this rumor is true, I wouldn't be surprised at all. They have been dating for what? 9 years or so. That is a long time for a relationship, perhaps this political situation they mention was just the "drop the split the glass", the cherry on top of the pie.

What surprised me is the mention on both articles that Queen Sylvia had problems with Emma and they had tension. I've never heard of that before
Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Se&Hör is the source and this is indeed a not very reliable TV mag, which had even lost sources and connections to Royalty-related ppl in the past years.
Further Emma and Carl Philip were still seen at the racing court in the end of September (check ANP)

But me wouldn´t be surprised, if it would be over either. The relationship seems to go nowhere...and though such "signs" can be misread (happened to most regular posters ) I find it quite weird, that there are no sweet pics of them, which are younger than 4 years. I don´t expect them tongue-kissing or something like that in public, but at least small gestures...or the kind of familiarity Victoria and Daniel seem to have developed (If you check the pix from the last attended soccer game, they seem to show the same facial expressions )

That with Silvia is quite a recent revalation by Johan T. Lindwall, working for Expressen. Emma´s smoking and stubborness should provoke Silvia. I can imagine that...but Johan T. Lindwall articles should be always taken with a grain of salt
Old 10-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Nobility

Hm, any news yet? Should all we bachelorettes be on our way to Stockholm already?
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Gentry

Is it true that Carl Philip and Emma quit their relationship? I´ve heard this in our news in Germany?
I also heard that they were engaged for 4 years. Is this really tru, I can not believe this. Any swedish autor can say something about?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen88 View Post
Hm, any news yet? Should all we bachelorettes be on our way to Stockholm already?
Why not also including a group, which is known with a similiar term as bachelorettes minus the "ette"-part?

Quote:
Is it true that Carl Philip and Emma quit their relationship? I´ve heard this in our news in Germany?
I also heard that they were engaged for 4 years. Is this really tru, I can not believe this. Any swedish autor can say something about?
Difficult to say. Yesterday a blogger on Svensk Damtidning was reporting about a meeting between Madeleine and Emma. And as I´ve said above Emma was still watching Carl Philip racing in the end of September.
So I guess it isn´t over-over in the sense of rose war and the chapter "guy+family" being closed completely.
The press had reported about a break before (taking place, when CP was studying in the US) maybe this is the case again. Unfortunately the Swedish press is so slow, that we probably won´t know for real.

I don´t think, that they have been engaged for 4 years. There have been no hints like that (e.g. a ring, rumours by friends etc.)
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Nobility

well if they are over (I highly doubt it though) then they're probably remain friends since they've been together or so long.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Nobility

IF they split up, would the court make any statement concerning this? Probably not?
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen88 View Post
IF they split up, would the court make any statement concerning this? Probably not?
No they were not officialy engaged

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 10-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Nobility

Well, but I think the court released a statement that they approved of Erik Granath as Madeleine's boyfriend, didn't they?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Courtier

VICTORIA Y MAGDALENA DE SUECIA: DOS BODAS 'COMPLICADAS'

The article discusses a confrontation between the sisters, BUT i posted it here cause at the end there is a mention of Carl Philip's break up
Old 10-30-2008, 03:02 PM

In German news Carl Philip is alone

Is broken the relation betwen Carl Philip and Emma?. Read this news:

PRINZ CARL PHILIP: wieder Single

Schweden-Prinz Carl Philip – 29 – ist wieder zu haben !

Nachrichten.ch - Prinz Carl Philip ist wieder Single - Die Nachrichten aus Schweiz und Ausland werden laufend aktualisiert. Exklusive Kolumne mit bissiger Note auf der Titelseite.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

Great news,I still have a chance!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
Great news,I still have a chance!

Wow! How do you want to catch him?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Wow! How do you want to catch him?
By gender reassignment (?)

It´s so typically for the Swedish Press, that they still couldn´t verify a separation (or happy relationship)
In other countries other newspapers would have picked it up latest at the point, when foreign newspapers & mags got involved...well, that´s at least good for the affected Royals...

Today Emma is turning 29. Therefore Expressen had quite an bad researched article. Emma would be frustrated, because Carl Philip wouldn´t ask. And he wouldn´t ask, because daddy, the king, wouldn´t allow him to get engaged before Victoria.
Now we know from Emma self (statement to Svensk Damtidning, past spring), that there is not such a rule...
http://www.expressen.se/noje/fredag/...esenten-drojer
Old 11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Well maybe her birthday will verify a seperation or happy relationship? If CP doesn't show up at her party...eh, is there a party at all?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Aristocracy

By gender reassignment (?)
Are you saying CP is gay?not that there's anything wrong with that!