The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Aristocracy

In the media it is said that she didn't attend because of illness.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

While I have nothing against Emma, I don't think they will get married. Dispite all the interest and speculation that went on about Victoria and Daniel for seven years there was never any rumors of them breaking up even when there were long periods of no public sighting of them (as far as I know anyways, I could be wrong), and the same goes for Madeline and Jonas.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Gentry

I don't know. They have been together for such a long time. I think that the chemistry comes naturally. They can't be all over each other. Also, why would they end it now? I think Emma has had obligations to her family that have kept her from his side, and that her father's illness is grave enough that this absence has to be extended. I don't care if I were dating the prince of Sweden, I'd be with my father if he were ill. I don't know too much about Emma, but she's been with him through so much, I can't see them ending it now.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:38 AM
Courtier

Carl Philip and Emma Pernald's separation

In today's Expressen Emma Pernald confirms the separation rumors stating that they are "taking a break" in their relationship and that it was their mutual decision.

Carl Philip och Emma går skilda vägar - Nyheter - Expressen.se

After ten years together that's a tough decision to make. According to sources Carl Philip still hopes they might still get back together some day. I wonder if the whole engagement thing was too much for Emma...

P.S. And on a lighter note, to think I got married and all and now there's an opening for a princess... Just my luck... Well, I'm sure my husband would understand!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

In light of new information brought up today, this thread has been reopened and merged with the thread confirming Carl Philip and Emma's separation.

JessRulz, for the Swedish Mods
Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

I couldn't be less surprised about their seperation.
It's also traditionally the smart royal way of dealing with 'bad' personal news: Break them once there is good personal news the media is occupied with.
The Bernadottes don't have a history of babbling about break-ups followed by reunions and so forth, so I believe this is a permanent seperation.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I couldn't be less surprised about their seperation.
Me neither Apart from this old trick (hide bad news behind happy news...) for me it was clear, they didn´t re-union in autumn for real.
They just wanted their privacy and that´s why the press got then the "pseudo happy couple" pix at the wedding, they had attended together.

This couple (for me) had been on the way out of a happy shared relationship for years, I am really hoping this is a "break" as the one Daniel Collert and Victoria took in 2001.
Marrying someone, you had been separated of...and that several times doesn´t strike me as an smart idea...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Aristocracy

I really doubt anyone is surprised with this development..... I agree that they were done a long time ago and kept it on the down-low until the press was occupied with the good news.

Since, Sylvia has already had to accept a SIL that she SUPPOUSEDLY does not like, and if the rumours of her dislike of Emma are to be believed, this is a relief for her.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully, they will both go on to find the right person. I was surprised to hear that they had been together for nearly 10 years.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Gentry

I'm not suprise.
For me they broke the last time but they try again see it was no a good think. I don't think they talk to the press if it'll be only "a taking break" there 'll be rumour but an interview. Well we never know but I think it's a real break.
I didn't see chemistry between us but it's a bad new for both. A break up isn't easy and after 9 years....
I hope they'll find the good person!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Local/Prince's relationship crumbles following royal engagement
The news does not surprise me at all.
Hola!/EL PRÍNCIPE CARLOS FELIPE Y EMMA PERNALD HAN ROTO DESPUÉS DE DIEZ AÑOS DE RELACIÓN
Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
I really doubt anyone is surprised with this development..... I agree that they were done a long time ago and kept it on the down-low until the press was occupied with the good news.

Since, Sylvia has already had to accept a SIL that she SUPPOUSEDLY does not like, and if the rumours of her dislike of Emma are to be believed, this is a relief for her.
Why do you suppose these rumours circulate that perhaps Q Silvia disliked Emma or was not accepting of her soon to be SIL?
Not that it does not make sense to me but I was just wondering if others voiced opinions about it and where that leaves Jonas.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Sad to hear. I don't know who Emma was but she seemed nice and very pretty. I kinda liked her for Philip. I hope they do find happiness no matter what happens in their lives. Here's wishing them well.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Gentry

Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Royalty View Post
Sad to hear. I don't know who Emma was but she seemed nice and very pretty. I kinda liked her for Philip. I hope they do find happiness no matter what happens in their lives. Here's wishing them well.
I agree. She seemed nice, and I, for one, will miss all of the pretty pictures of her. I don't see why everyone has been so down on her. He's going to marry SOMEONE, ladies!!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Why do you suppose these rumours circulate that perhaps Q Silvia disliked Emma or was not accepting of her soon to be SIL?
Not that it does not make sense to me but I was just wondering if others voiced opinions about it and where that leaves Jonas.
I have frequented other swedish royal message board and they are a lot of people of the opnion that the Queen does not like Daniel. Also, Jonas seems to be a well-educated decent young man (who is not dating the heir to the throne) so she probably does not think too badly of him.

As far as her "dislike" of Emma goes, Carl Philip could date a reincarnation of Mother Theresa and Syliva would still have a problem with her
Old 03-05-2009, 04:53 AM
Royal Highness

Carl Philip and Emma Pernald parting ways
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Carl Philip and Emma Pernald parting ways
Old 03-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, it's all the parent's fault! Queen Silvia is quite a dragon of a mother-in-law, because I can read between the lines all over the internet that she hated Emma because that girl dared to smoke in Silvia's ultra clean palaces! And she hates Daniel too, which was proven by the fact that she didn't cuddle him during the engagement video! And the King wasn't jumping up and down on his chair with excitement in that video either, so he must hate Daniel as well, and...
In other words: The usual rumor mill nonsense. Queen Silvia couldn't have been more explicit in all her interviews that she wants her children to marry for love, first and foremost, and period.
I am certain though that the Bernadottes do have some complex family dynamics, with a lot of things going on behind the scenes which they have the good sense to remain silent about.
The reason why I'm certain? Because CP Victoria herself had an interesting slip of tongue during her engagement press conference, calling her own family "not easy". But then, which (royal) family is...
Old 03-05-2009, 11:18 AM
knoepfchen1988

The german press sais the same

Schweden: Prinz Carl Philip ist wieder Single - BUNTE
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Yes, it's all the parent's fault! Queen Silvia is quite a dragon of a mother-in-law, because I can read between the lines all over the internet that she hated Emma because that girl dared to smoke in Silvia's ultra clean palaces! And she hates Daniel too, which was proven by the fact that she didn't cuddle him during the engagement video! And the King wasn't jumping up and down on his chair with excitement in that video either, so he must hate Daniel as well, and...
In other words: The usual rumor mill nonsense. Queen Silvia couldn't have been more explicit in all her interviews that she wants her children to marry for love, first and foremost, and period.
I am certain though that the Bernadottes do have some complex family dynamics, with a lot of things going on behind the scenes which they have the good sense to remain silent about.
The reason why I'm certain? Because CP Victoria herself had an interesting slip of tongue during her engagement press conference, calling her own family "not easy". But then, which (royal) family is...
But I am not sure if Queen Silvia don't like Daniel. Maybe she's not very happy but hate him? I don't think so. And it's funny for me: when Queen Silvia wanted to marry King Gustav, royal family don't accepted her at first time. If she forget about past?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by linneatherose View Post
I don't see why everyone has been so down on her. He's going to marry SOMEONE, ladies!!
I know it and there had three years I wanted he marry Emma. I wait engagemend very much. But since three years when they are together I don't see chemistry anymore. The last time in holidays they don't look each other. May be they are shy but before the last three years they was not. It's why I say that I'm not suprise! I don't wait Carl philip for me.