Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald Separate: March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the media it is said that she didn't attend because of illness.

While I have nothing against Emma, I don't think they will get married. Dispite all the interest and speculation that went on about Victoria and Daniel for seven years there was never any rumors of them breaking up even when there were long periods of no public sighting of them (as far as I know anyways, I could be wrong), and the same goes for Madeline and Jonas.

I don't know. They have been together for such a long time. I think that the chemistry comes naturally. They can't be all over each other. Also, why would they end it now? I think Emma has had obligations to her family that have kept her from his side, and that her father's illness is grave enough that this absence has to be extended. I don't care if I were dating the prince of Sweden, I'd be with my father if he were ill. I don't know too much about Emma, but she's been with him through so much, I can't see them ending it now.

Carl Philip and Emma Pernald's separation

In today's Expressen Emma Pernald confirms the separation rumors stating that they are "taking a break" in their relationship and that it was their mutual decision.

Carl Philip och Emma går skilda vägar - Nyheter - Expressen.se

After ten years together that's a tough decision to make. :sad: According to sources Carl Philip still hopes they might still get back together some day. I wonder if the whole engagement thing was too much for Emma...

P.S. And on a lighter note, to think I got married and all and now there's an opening for a princess... :bang: Just my luck... Well, I'm sure my husband would understand! :lol:

In light of new information brought up today, this thread has been reopened and merged with the thread confirming Carl Philip and Emma's separation.

JessRulz, for the Swedish Mods

I couldn't be less surprised about their seperation.
It's also traditionally the smart royal way of dealing with 'bad' personal news: Break them once there is good personal news the media is occupied with.
The Bernadottes don't have a history of babbling about break-ups followed by reunions and so forth, so I believe this is a permanent seperation.

I couldn't be less surprised about their seperation.
Me neither :cool: Apart from this old trick (hide bad news behind happy news...) for me it was clear, they didn´t re-union in autumn for real.
They just wanted their privacy and that´s why the press got then the "pseudo happy couple" pix at the wedding, they had attended together.

This couple (for me) had been on the way out of a happy shared relationship for years, I am really hoping this is a "break" as the one Daniel Collert and Victoria took in 2001.
Marrying someone, you had been separated of...and that several times doesn´t strike me as an smart idea...

I really doubt anyone is surprised with this development..... I agree that they were done a long time ago and kept it on the down-low until the press was occupied with the good news.

Since, Sylvia has already had to accept a SIL that she SUPPOUSEDLY does not like, and if the rumours of her dislike of Emma are to be believed, this is a relief for her.

Hopefully, they will both go on to find the right person. I was surprised to hear that they had been together for nearly 10 years.

I'm not suprise.
For me they broke the last time but they try again see it was no a good think. I don't think they talk to the press if it'll be only "a taking break" there 'll be rumour but an interview. Well we never know but I think it's a real break.
I didn't see chemistry between us but it's a bad new for both. A break up isn't easy and after 9 years....
I hope they'll find the good person!

I really doubt anyone is surprised with this development..... I agree that they were done a long time ago and kept it on the down-low until the press was occupied with the good news.

Since, Sylvia has already had to accept a SIL that she SUPPOUSEDLY does not like, and if the rumours of her dislike of Emma are to be believed, this is a relief for her.

Why do you suppose these rumours circulate that perhaps Q Silvia disliked Emma or was not accepting of her soon to be SIL?
Not that it does not make sense to me but I was just wondering if others voiced opinions about it and where that leaves Jonas.

Sad to hear. I don't know who Emma was but she seemed nice and very pretty. I kinda liked her for Philip. I hope they do find happiness no matter what happens in their lives. Here's wishing them well. :rose:

Emma

Sad to hear. I don't know who Emma was but she seemed nice and very pretty. I kinda liked her for Philip. I hope they do find happiness no matter what happens in their lives. Here's wishing them well. :rose:
I agree. She seemed nice, and I, for one, will miss all of the pretty pictures of her. I don't see why everyone has been so down on her. He's going to marry SOMEONE, ladies!! :lol:

Why do you suppose these rumours circulate that perhaps Q Silvia disliked Emma or was not accepting of her soon to be SIL?
Not that it does not make sense to me but I was just wondering if others voiced opinions about it and where that leaves Jonas.

I have frequented other swedish royal message board and they are a lot of people of the opnion that the Queen does not like Daniel. Also, Jonas seems to be a well-educated decent young man (who is not dating the heir to the throne) so she probably does not think too badly of him.

As far as her "dislike" of Emma goes, Carl Philip could date a reincarnation of Mother Theresa and Syliva would still have a problem with her :rolleyes:

Yes, it's all the parent's fault! Queen Silvia is quite a dragon of a mother-in-law, because I can read between the lines all over the internet that she hated Emma because that girl dared to smoke in Silvia's ultra clean palaces! And she hates Daniel too, which was proven by the fact that she didn't cuddle him during the engagement video! And the King wasn't jumping up and down on his chair with excitement in that video either, so he must hate Daniel as well, and... :ROFLMAO:
In other words: The usual rumor mill nonsense. Queen Silvia couldn't have been more explicit in all her interviews that she wants her children to marry for love, first and foremost, and period.
I am certain though that the Bernadottes do have some complex family dynamics, with a lot of things going on behind the scenes which they have the good sense to remain silent about.
The reason why I'm certain? Because CP Victoria herself had an interesting slip of tongue during her engagement press conference, calling her own family "not easy". But then, which (royal) family is...

Yes, it's all the parent's fault! Queen Silvia is quite a dragon of a mother-in-law, because I can read between the lines all over the internet that she hated Emma because that girl dared to smoke in Silvia's ultra clean palaces! And she hates Daniel too, which was proven by the fact that she didn't cuddle him during the engagement video! And the King wasn't jumping up and down on his chair with excitement in that video either, so he must hate Daniel as well, and... :ROFLMAO:
In other words: The usual rumor mill nonsense. Queen Silvia couldn't have been more explicit in all her interviews that she wants her children to marry for love, first and foremost, and period.
I am certain though that the Bernadottes do have some complex family dynamics, with a lot of things going on behind the scenes which they have the good sense to remain silent about.
The reason why I'm certain? Because CP Victoria herself had an interesting slip of tongue during her engagement press conference, calling her own family "not easy". But then, which (royal) family is...

But I am not sure if Queen Silvia don't like Daniel. Maybe she's not very happy but hate him? I don't think so. And it's funny for me: when Queen Silvia wanted to marry King Gustav, royal family don't accepted her at first time. If she forget about past?

I don't see why everyone has been so down on her. He's going to marry SOMEONE, ladies!! :lol:

I know it and there had three years I wanted he marry Emma. I wait engagemend very much. But since three years when they are together I don't see chemistry anymore. The last time in holidays they don't look each other. May be they are shy but before the last three years they was not. It's why I say that I'm not suprise! I don't wait Carl philip for me.

But I am not sure if Queen Silvia don't like Daniel. Maybe she's not very happy but hate him? I don't think so. And it's funny for me: when Queen Silvia wanted to marry King Gustav, royal family don't accepted her at first time. If she forget about past?
Dear Grace Marie, I was being IRONIC, indicated by a :ROFLMAO:...
...because all the silly stories about Victoria's parents not liking Daniel (sometimes it's the grumpy King, sometimes the icy Queen...:rolleyes:) are pure speculation and nothing else.

I have not been reading those boards and did not hear the rumours.
I would have found it logical that the Queen would prefer her children marrying for love but also someone royal. A commoner becoming a Queen once every 100 years is a fairy tale, but a commoner consort every 35 years makes the Bernadottes a bit less royal than perhaps they would like to be.
I had noticed that during the words they exchanged, although could not understand what they were saying, only Victoria appeared animated. The King and the Queen were more restrained. Then again, not everyone jumps up and down every time they are happy and excited.:flowers:

Well, not everybody jumps up and down in front of a camera either, most people are rather tense in front of these things, esp. when they realise that millions of people are watching them. But who knows king Carl Gustav might be jumping on his chair in Drottningholm every day since the engagement, like Tom Cruise in the Oprah Winfrey show ;).

Well, not everybody jumps up and down in front of a camera either, most people are rather tense in front of these things, esp. when they realise that millions of people are watching them. But who knows king Carl Gustav might be jumping on his chair in Drottningholm every day since the engagement, like Tom Cruise in the Oprah Winfrey show ;).

You think??:ROFLMAO: One would think that after all these years they would all (except Daniel of course) be used to the cameras by now.
I can only imagine K CG Jumping up and down on the couch from joy!!!
I just hope they televise the wedding through Eurovision.......:flowers:

Hi,

Marengo is right - The King of Sweden would not jump up & down before a TV camera.
He is not Tom Cruise!!

Many people are still nervous on TV even after years & years. And, I don't think Carl Gustav is a born luminary; he is probably shy and nervous still...

If I'd had my way, Victoria would have married Prince Edward of Britain. And, Prince William would marry Madeleine.
But, I don't get a say in these things.

Larry

If I'd had my way, Victoria would have married Prince Edward of Britain. And, Prince William would marry Madeleine.

Nononononononononono! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I don't think they match well at all!

Hehe. I for one am VERY GLAD the King and Queen did not hop up and down like a pair of jackrabbits! :eek: I felt they behaved appropriately for the occassion and I do not interpret their reserve as displeasure over Victoria's choice.

And as for CP and Emma. No one is surprised by the break-up, I suppose. What surprises me is that anyone would directly or indirectly lay the blame on Victoria and Daniel's engagement. If CP and Emma's relationship had been strong, this increased pressure would not break them up - or at least, not so quickly. The truth is, there had been cracks for a long time now - all those previous rumours of breakups, for instance. The speed of the breakup (so soon after Victoria and Daniel's announcement) is proof enough that they were probably discussing a breakup long before this. I feel bad for them - they seemed to suit well, and it's a shame to see such a long relationship going to dust. But better a temporary unhappiness now than a drawn-out one in the future.

Must be hard for Emma not to attend Viktoria´s wedding after she is (was) familiar with the royal family for such a long time
Or she will be invited because of being a good friend - who knows

It's a good old, tried and tested Royal PR habit to use positive personal news (engagement) as the right moment to come up with negative personal news (seperation).
Both developments were problably long in the making, and I don't think that it was all coincidence that they hit the news in the same week.

Earlier it was said Emma did suffer from a flu and that´s why she didn´t attend the engagement party on Friday.
Emma told Svensk Damtidning, that they had decided for a break on Sunday.
Really, who would leave his gf of 10 years in the middle of a disease. This was long planned...just as the attended wedding with photo op for Expressen in december was a long planned move...so they could "stretch" things a bit without getting too much into "fire zone"

The argument with the wedding is pretty silly. Victoria and Daniel "block" all possibilties for a wedding of her siblings until 2010, if Madeleine and Jonas would marry in 2011, Carl Philip couldn´t marry until 2012 and would have had plenty of time to develop his relationship further without any pressure.
They weren´t working as couple. Period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom