The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 11-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kirkland, United States
Posts: 682
I cannot get over how much Emma resembles Queen Silvia when she was young -
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 11-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Well ... I just feel sorry for Miss Pernald ... A split is a painful process ...
That´s for sure. But they have had a break before. Sometimes a final cut to an on/off relationship is some kind of relief and a lot better than leading it on...though 9 years is a long time of course...

BTW I´ve noted, that he was on Mauritius on Monday already. Then Emma had turned 29.
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 11-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I cannot get over how much Emma resembles Queen Silvia when she was young -
Apart from the fact that they are both brunettes, I don't see any resemblance at all... the then-Silvia Sommerlath was quite a different type, besides being a true classic beauty.
Today a possible reason for Emma Pernald not joining the Prince on Mauritius on her birthday was speculated on in the Swedish press - her father had a stroke recently and she supposedly spends a lot of time with him. Which might or might not be the case.
__________________
  #44  
Old 11-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Helen88's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bremen, Germany
Posts: 277
Boris, I agree with you. They're both brunettes and that's it pretty much.

But I think if Emma stayed home because of her father, CP could've stayed with her, I mean, if they are a couple still, that would be a nice gesture considering how a stroke of your maybe-future-in-law isn't a very nice thing.
__________________
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
  #45  
Old 11-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Helen88's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bremen, Germany
Posts: 277
Jenny Alexandersson is trying very hard on her blog to assure everyone that Emma and Carl Philip are still together...I wonder why she mentions it all the time.
__________________
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
  #46  
Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 AM
firelight's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham City, Niue
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen88 View Post
But I think if Emma stayed home because of her father, CP could've stayed with her, I mean, if they are a couple still, that would be a nice gesture considering how a stroke of your maybe-future-in-law isn't a very nice thing.
Yes. I thought it strange too. I'm trying to put myself in Emma's shoes - dad has a stroke - boyfriend off to Mauritius for holiday.

???!!!

They've been a couple for 9 years. When you've been with someone for 9 years, you don't take off for a tropical holiday when your partner's dad has a stroke! CP's holiday without Emma is not in itself a telling thing IMO, but his holiday without her at what must be a difficult time for her and her family - yikes.
__________________
  #47  
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelight View Post
Yes. I thought it strange too. I'm trying to put myself in Emma's shoes - dad has a stroke - boyfriend off to Mauritius for holiday.

???!!!

They've been a couple for 9 years. When you've been with someone for 9 years, you don't take off for a tropical holiday when your partner's dad has a stroke! CP's holiday without Emma is not in itself a telling thing IMO, but his holiday without her at what must be a difficult time for her and her family - yikes.
And why not? Emma works full time and visits her dad - at least according to the Swedish press - on her time off from work. Carl Philip would most likely not spend the same amount of time with Emma's family that she does. He was only gone for two weeks. Life does not stop because you girlfriends father had a stroke six months ago. I hope the father recovers and the family will get some relief and rest.
__________________
  #48  
Old 11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
And why not? Emma works full time and visits her dad - at least according to the Swedish press - on her time off from work. Carl Philip would most likely not spend the same amount of time with Emma's family that she does. He was only gone for two weeks. Life does not stop because you girlfriends father had a stroke six months ago. I hope the father recovers and the family will get some relief and rest.
Might be...probably "no vacation work-wise" is the real explanation (IMO it was quite fishy, that Johan T. Lindwall brought the stroke up to support his point. If fam. Pernald was left alone until now, they should be left alone further)
But I still think...it´s not the nicest gesture, that a partner is missing a girlfriend´s birthday after a difficult period for fun reasons. Or are you disagreeing here, grevinnan?
__________________
  #49  
Old 11-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ottawa, Canada
Posts: 119
I hope they did break-up,the Swedish forum could use a shake-up,Victoria is boring.
__________________
  #50  
Old 11-13-2008, 10:33 AM
firelight's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham City, Niue
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
I hope they did break-up,the Swedish forum could use a shake-up,Victoria is boring.
Errr...I don't think we can expect them to break up just to amuse us! Of course now we all have something to talk about but really, but for their sake, I hope the speculation is only that and nothing more.

grevinnan, sorry I still have to disagree with you about the holiday. Speaking from a personal point of view, I would not go away for a tropical holiday during a time coinciding with my boyfriend's birthday when my boyfriend is worrying over the health of his parent. Likewise, I would be hurt if my boyfriend went away for a fun holiday when I'm trying to deal with my father's stroke! Life does not stop if your gf's father had a stroke, but perhaps it could be put on hold for a little while?

Of course I admit I'm applying my own personal view on things. It's impossible for us outsiders to make valid judgements since we really know nothing about Emma and CP as a couple. All we know of them is what we see in the media, which is misleading because there is so much that is not shown - only they can understand the real truth about their relationship. So I'll try not to be judgemental and hope that everything - however it turns out - is for the best.
__________________
  #51  
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ottawa, Canada
Posts: 119
Of course royalty is here to amuse us,what else are they good for?
__________________
  #52  
Old 11-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
Of course royalty is here to amuse us,what else are they good for?

Charity work, serving their countries, using their fame to bring awareness where awareness is needed, and as Victoria herself has mentioned to serve as an "advertisement" for Sweden. They are not just dumb hollywood celebrities. Thank goodness for that!
__________________
  #53  
Old 11-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Might be...probably "no vacation work-wise" is the real explanation (IMO it was quite fishy, that Johan T. Lindwall brought the stroke up to support his point. If fam. Pernald was left alone until now, they should be left alone further)
But I still think...it´s not the nicest gesture, that a partner is missing a girlfriend´s birthday after a difficult period for fun reasons. Or are you disagreeing here, grevinnan?
I always make the assumption that the royals have the ability to make decisions among themselves that are acceptable to all involved. To assume they need web posters to direct them to make the "right" decision is on the arrogant side.
__________________
  #54  
Old 11-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I always make the assumption that the royals have the ability to make decisions among themselves that are acceptable to all involved. To assume they need web posters to direct them to make the "right" decision is on the arrogant side.
This is here not about directing, but about having an opinion, and I guess everyone is entitled to have one without being accused of being arrogant. Or are you disagreeing here, grevinnan?
__________________
  #55  
Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 AM
HRHofNothing's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somewhere in, Canada
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Yes, that´s what I am thinking (or let´s say bisexual). But and this should be really underlined: Even though others share my theory, there is no ultimate proof
It´s more based on feelings, rumours and pix, which can be read two ways.
add me to this group. I always thought something was up between him and Victoria's other Daniel. Who knows, I may be completely wrong.

Anyways, it looks like he and Emma are still together. If I was in her shoes, I would be looking for some formal, legal procedures soon.
__________________
  #56  
Old 01-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ottawa, Canada
Posts: 119
Who's Victoria's other Daniel?
__________________
  #57  
Old 02-18-2009, 04:23 PM
HRHofNothing's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somewhere in, Canada
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
Who's Victoria's other Daniel?
Daniel Collert. Or as some people refer to him the "cute Daniel". Victoria had a long term relationship with him before the current Daniel. Come to think of it, I don't think the Swedish siblings know how to have short-term affairs
__________________
  #58  
Old 02-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Princess Mia's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Her Royal Highness lives in Beverly Hills California, United States
Posts: 58
No offense but I hope Emma pernald is not Carl philips future wife and it's not because I like him which I don't ,Although I find him to be an attractive man.And I'm wayyyy to young. It's just Emma does not seem like a nice person which you can tell through pictures and experience.
__________________
  #59  
Old 02-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: madrid, Spain
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mia View Post
No offense but I hope Emma pernald is not Carl philips future wife and it's not because I like him which I don't ,Although I find him to be an attractive man.And I'm wayyyy to young. It's just Emma does not seem like a nice person which you can tell through pictures and experience.
Hello everyone,
I am new here , and
Returning to the issue I totally agree with you ... i don't know why she was not yet convinced me....... and forgiveness for my English, I am still not very good at this
__________________
  #60  
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: marseille, France
Posts: 62
I'm not a fan of Emma too. Well I think she's a beautifull person but I don't see any chemistry between the too.

Just a question: We know that the rumour about break is false but why emma was not at Victoria and Daniel's engagement privat party? Madeleine was with Jonas and I don't see any picture of emma. She was at the party or no?
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion on Princess Letizia's Separate Agenda Avalon King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 68 04-28-2009 02:41 PM
Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 3: October 2006 - January 2009 kwanfan Current Events Archive 94 01-10-2009 04:23 AM
Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 2: August 2005 - October 2006 GrandDuchess Current Events Archive 162 10-10-2006 02:21 PM
Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 1: October 2004 - August 2005 hrhcp Current Events Archive 134 08-21-2005 04:10 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]