The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
By gender reassignment (?)
Are you saying CP is gay?not that there's anything wrong with that!
Yes, that´s what I am thinking (or let´s say bisexual). But and this should be really underlined: Even though others share my theory, there is no ultimate proof
It´s more based on feelings, rumours and pix, which can be read two ways.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Nobility

You really think??? I don't know...Nine years with Emma...

Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Yup, and that since 1997
The long relationship to Emma is IMO more speaking for my theory than against it.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

Who are these others?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
Who are these others?
People on the net (Swedish Forums)
Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Royal Highness

Lena, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Besides, it is merely speculation.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Nobility

Well, actually I think it would be kind of cool, I have never heard of a famous gay royal and it would make it even more "normal".
But nevertheless - I want to marry CP and if he's gay he might not want me...;-)
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 11-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Perhaps we can drop the discussion about prince Carl Philips sexual preferences and move on. Thank you,

The Swedish Moderators
Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

It seems that Prince Carl Philip is indeed moving on as well.
All the Swedish media is announcing the speration from Emma Pernald today.
So far (unsurprisingly) no comment from the Royal Court.
Article in Swedish:

Slut mellan prins Carl Philip och Emma Pernald | Wendela | Aftonbladet
Old 11-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It seems that Prince Carl Philip is indeed moving on as well.
All the Swedish media is announcing the speration from Emma Pernald today.
So far (unsurprisingly) no comment from the Royal Court.
Article in Swedish:

Slut mellan prins Carl Philip och Emma Pernald | Wendela | Aftonbladet

Finally! I can only say. And that not just because of my "theory" IMO there had been no sparks between Emma and CP in the past years anymore. Neither in a warm friendship way, nor in a way...
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

I guess in the end what truly matters is that they are both happy. No point in sticking to a relationship that's not working anymore! But I imagine this must be a difficult time for them - the end of a relationship is always painful, whatever the circumstances may be.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Svensk Damtidning says they are still together!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

oh hell...i wish they'd just say it to the whole world themselves...shout it out if they must- yo ppl! we are so not together anymore!....it'd make things a lot easier for the rest of us...since we seem to be going mad speculating...but that's just me...
Old 11-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Nobility

I agree with you, indian princess.
Imo it's strange because if they were still together: what's the problem with just saying it?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

My Swedish isn't very good but doesn't this article pretty much say none of the break up talk is right?

Emma rasar mot ryktena - Nyheter - Expressen.se

Maybe someone can translate?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Emma Pernald told Espressen newspaper’s reporter the following:

“There have no dramatic changes happened in my life recently.
Recent news about my private life are just speculation.”

I would say that this is (depending on your point of view) either a vague denial of a separation, or an annoyingly aloof statement which achieves to actually say very little.
A frank 'I have no idea what the papers are writing about, because the Prince and I are still together' it’s definitely not.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Just ... in my personal opinion ...

Perhaps ... the mass media should leave them alone. The split from such high-profile relationship tends to be painful and somewhat embarrassing, especially for Miss Pernald. Even if the Prince Carl Philip issued an official statement about the separations, people would not leave them alone by trying to figure out who initiated the split or what promoted them to separate.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Emma Pernald told Espressen newspaper’s reporter the following:

“There have no dramatic changes happened in my life recently.
Recent news about my private life are just speculation.”

I would say that this is (depending on your point of view) either a vague denial of a separation, or an annoyingly aloof statement which achieves to actually say very little.
A frank 'I have no idea what the papers are writing about, because the Prince and I are still together' it’s definitely not.
IMO this confirms nothing. Maybe the break up wasn't recent, maybe she doesn't consider it a dramatic change, or maybe there is no break up at all.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
IMO this confirms nothing. Maybe the break up wasn't recent, maybe she doesn't consider it a dramatic change, or maybe there is no break up at all.
Exactly.
I´d wish one could say "Time will show" here...but we talk about the Swedish Royals...aka the Royal House of Stuck-ness.

So ppl like Al_bina shouldn´t worry too much. A break-up between Emma and Carl Philip would be nothing like the break-up between Madonna and Guy, or the (fake?) one between William and Kate in 2007. It seems Carl Philip has no duties until the very end of November. And I guess there he wouldn´t be asked about a break-up...since everything would be forgotten until then...
Old 11-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Well ... I just feel sorry for Miss Pernald ... A split is a painful process ...