Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Well yeah, It helps others know who you are, especially if your meeting someone for the very first time.

Did she have to put "Founder" right underneath her name! I'm sure those people knew who she was, she did not have to broadcast it. And She definitely does not have the prettiest smile.

Including your job function on name tags for business functions is pretty standard practice. Also, I doubt she personally made and printed the name tags.

Did she have to put "Founder" right underneath her name! I'm sure those people knew who she was, she did not have to broadcast it. And She definitely does not have the prettiest smile.

We don't know what kind of guests attended at the party, it is quite possible that all of them, I guess most of them were from South Africa, don't know who Sofia is. Maybe all the workers of Project Playground had under their name clarification what they are doing at PP.

Here's Sofia and Frida with the organizers of the Ambrosius Lundensis Charity Ball (incomes donated for PP) on 15th September, Ilka and Christian Anker with Sofia and Frida at the 2nd anniversary celebrations.
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/66268_245995268859840_538610429_n.jpg

Ilka and Christian are working with Project Playground at the project, where they take glasses to the children in South Africa and organized Branning Optician to check the children's eyes in Langa, they have spent some time in Langa. Here with Sofia, Frida, the workers of PP and the optician crew.
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/598773_245994948859872_323939775_n.jpg

The photos are from Glomedica's Facebook, it's their company: "Private medical company with competence in orthopedic surgery run by Drs Ilka and Christian Anker. Cooperates with charity organization Project Playground in Langa, Cape Town, South Africa. Founder and organizer of charity ball "Ambrosius Lundensis".
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.242938425832191.55966.235104216615612&type=3

Last edited:
A tag like that is pretty normal standard indeed, though the cartoon-ish design of the tag maybe isn't.
Anyway the issue here consist IMHO rather of the fact that the 'Founder' title stretches the truth - founder of 'Project Playground' was and is Frida Vesterberg, no matter how many times the project's history is re-written by naming Sofia Hellqvist as founder.

A tag like that is pretty normal standard indeed, though the cartoon-ish design of the tag maybe isn't.
Anyway the issue here consist IMHO rather of the fact that the 'Founder' title stretches the truth - founder of 'Project Playground' was and is Frida Vesterberg, no matter how many times the project's history is re-written by naming Sofia Hellqvist as founder.

That's interesting... Are you sure of that?
That means she would lie on the name tag? Makes no sense to lie, since anyone can check that, I would think?

That's interesting... Are you sure of that?
Yes.
Unfortunately 'Project Playground, Sofia's charity' has been quite firmly implanted in the popular conception by now, and I realize it might be more exhausting than usual to go through the 31 pages of this particular topic, but it has been mentioned several times in posts and sources that 'Project Playground' was initially founded by Frida Vesterberg, a Swede who lives in South Africa, while Sofia Hellqvist came on board when she began dating Prince Carl Philip.

Like I used to say about William & Catherine, we just have to wait and see.

Yes.
Unfortunately 'Project Playground, Sofia's charity' has been quite firmly implanted in the popular conception by now, and I realize it might be more exhausting than usual to go through the 31 pages of this particular topic, but it has been mentioned several times in posts and sources that 'Project Playground' was initially founded by Frida Vesterberg, a Swede who lives in South Africa, while Sofia Hellqvist came on board when she began dating Prince Carl Philip.

Thank you. To be honest, I didn't think about going through the pages at all :). Sorry about that.
Now, I understand while some may be upset by the fact Sofia put "Founder" below her name on the name tag. Highly unfair.

Boris said:
Yes.

That's sort of what I thought. I don't remember her being the one to start it from ground up. Maybe "Co-Founder" would be more appropriate?

I have also read that Frida Vesterberg started Project Playground alone. But she is the only person who could answer to the question, why she allows nowadays to be written that she and Sofia started it together.

That's sort of what I thought. I don't remember her being the one to start it from ground up. Maybe "Co-Founder" would be more appropriate?

If one is a "Co-Founder" that person also is in the project from the beginning. I would assume being a "Co-Founder" means she would start the project with Frida Vesterberg. Sofia did not, from what I understood; therefore she is not a "Co-Founder". She may be in a board now, may have an important role (has she? is she?) but she is far from being either "Founder" or "Co-Founder" as it looks now.

By putting a "Founder" on her name tag she is misrepresenting the truth.

If one is a "Co-Founder" that person also is in the project from the beginning. I would assume being a "Co-Founder" means she would start the project with Frida Vesterberg. Sofia did not, from what I understood; therefore she is not a "Co-Founder". She may be in a board now, may have an important role (has she? is she?) but she is far from being either "Founder" or "Co-Founder" as it looks now.

But Frida Vesterberg has agreed that they are constantly telling that they founded PP together. From their annual report: "Project Playground was founded by Sofia Hellqvist and Frida Vesterberg in early 2010".

Board members Project Playground Sweden
Sofia Hellqvist – President & Co founder of Project Playground
Frida Vesterberg – Vice President & Co founder of Project Playgroundearly 2010".

Board members Project Playground Trust South Africa
Frida Vesterberg – President & Co founder of Project Playground
Sofia Hellqvist – Vice President & Co founder of Project Playground
http://www.project-playground.org/e...nnual-Report-Project-Playground-2010-2011.pdf

Last edited:
But Frida Vesterberg has agreed that they are constantly telling that they founded PP together. From their annual report: "Project Playground was founded by Sofia Hellqvist and Frida Vesterberg in early 2010".

Frida Vesterberg – Vice President & Co founder of Project Playgroundearly 2010".

Board members Project Playground Trust South Africa
Frida Vesterberg – President & Co founder of Project Playground
Sofia Hellqvist – Vice President & Co founder of Project Playground
http://www.project-playground.org/e...nnual-Report-Project-Playground-2010-2011.pdf

Can't open the link.

This is all too confusing then. Why would she said they did it together if they didn't? Or maybe they really did? So what is the truth now?

It officially states- Founders of Project Playground: Sofia Hellqvist & Frida Vesterberg

So I'm trying to figure out what's the matter with Sofia being a founder of this charity?

Frida Vesterberg – Vice President & Co founder of Project Playground early 2010".
Most interesting...
...because in earlier press releases until last year, for example about the PP activity during the Volvo Ocean Race, 'Project Playground' used to be founded in 2009.
But apparently it was co-founded once more by two people in 2010... which allows to omit any timeline before and is a nice example of what I meant by 're-writing history'.
Seems that Frida Vesterberg is truly a very good friend.

Cinderella5x said:

I know someone who is a co-founder of a business and she did not start the business but it was my friend that really made the company what it is today. So that's why I said co-founder.

This Frida is a nice person and someone is definitely rewriting history because this is not what I read! Maybe Frida thinks having the prince's girlfriend as a founder will help the charity...I don't know. But I don't like when people change and manipulate things to suit their purposes. I'm just not buying this whole Sofia the Founder thing.

Last edited:
According to Project Playground's official report for 2011 this is their board:
Sofia Hellqvist –President & Co founder of Project Playground
Frida Vesterberg –Vice President & Co founder of Project Playground
Mikael Engdahl –CEO and Co founder MnO International
Carl Philip Bernadotte –HKH Prince of Sweden
Claudia Olsson -Managing Director ACCESS Health International Southeast Asia
Jonas Paurell -Head of Growth and Opportunity African Practice
Sofia Breitholtz -Sr Manager Ernst&Young

According to Project Playground's official report for 2011 this is their board:
Sofia Hellqvist –President & Co founder of Project Playground
Frida Vesterberg –Vice President & Co founder of Project Playground
Mikael Engdahl –CEO and Co founder MnO International
Carl Philip Bernadotte –HKH Prince of Sweden
Claudia Olsson -Managing Director ACCESS Health International Southeast Asia
Jonas Paurell -Head of Growth and Opportunity African Practice
Sofia Breitholtz -Sr Manager Ernst&Young

The swedish press has written many times, that Carl Philip is at the board.
They have acted together in public for Project Playground:
SCEA supports Project Playground – 2011

Here is an interview of Frida Vesterberg from 7th November 2011.
Möt tre svenskor som gör skillnad i världen - Råd & Tips inom Hälsa Relationer Mode & Skönhet - Icakuriren
Translation

Sofia Hellqvist talks shortly about Project Playground at this video of fashion designer Andrea G telling about hers and photographer Linnea Frank's co-operation with PP, Sofia starts talking at 0.40.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONiwhgsccno

Last edited:
At the cover of today's Expressen:
Sofia's tiring waiting for the wedding with Carl Philip
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...nal&guid=1b5c7421-f615-4bc9-9750-4c10c0b66bc2

Finnish MTV3 writes about the article in Expressen.
Sofia Hellqvist has been dating for several years with prince Carl Philip, and dreaming of getting married for a long time. The swedish media speculated about who will get first to the altar, Carl Philip or Madeleine, and Madeleine won. This causes changes to the plans of Carl Philip and Sofia. According to Expressen, Sofia had waited for Carl Philip to propose already last year. That Madeleine is getting married first, came as a surprise for Sofia and she hadn't waited for that. This has made Sofia even more impatient with the wedding. Carl Philip had changed quickly the subject when the reporters had asked him about the possibly coming wedding when they interviewed him because of Madeleine's engagement.
Normally it would be possible to have two royal weddings at the same year, but 2013 is an exception. Madeleine and Chris are getting married, king Carl Gustaf has been 40 years on the throne, prince Daniel will have his 40th birthday and queen Silvia her 70th birthday.
Expressen writes, that the only way Carl Philip and Sofia could get married next year would be a double wedding with Madeleine and Chris. The royal expert Sten Hedman doesn't think that this will happen. So Expressen says that Carl Philip and Sofia could get engaged at the end of 2013 and get married right in the beginning of 2014.
Carl Philipin Sofia odottaa kärsimättömänä – takaisku hääsuunnitelmille - MTV3.fi

Last edited:
So Expressen says that Carl Philip and Sofia could get engaged at the end of 2013 and get married right in the beginning of 2014.
Carl Philipin Sofia odottaa kärsimättömänä – takaisku hääsuunnitelmille - MTV3.fi

No reason why they can't get engaged in early or mid 2013, surely. ?

I understand that, with all the other celebrations going on in 2013, early 2014 might be the best time for Sofia and CP to marry but, somehow, I think that Sofia would prefer to get the ring on her finger sooner rather than later.

Not that, as we saw with Maddie and Jonas, being engaged necessarily guarantees that a wedding will occur. ;)

No reason why they can't get engaged in early or mid 2013, surely. ?

I understand that, with all the other celebrations going on in 2013, early 2014 might be the best time for Sofia and CP to marry but, somehow, I think that Sofia would prefer to get the ring on her finger sooner rather than later.

Not that, as we saw with Maddie and Jonas, being engaged necessarily guarantees that a wedding will occur. ;)

Well, it looks like not everything may necessary happen the way Sofia would prefer ;)

The article I posted is just a speculation made by Expressen. We don't know if there is any truth in it, besides that celebrations we all know to happen next year.

I think people have to be careful to not fall for the media stories that's telling you how Sofia feels about her relationship with Prince Carl Philip and their future. I saw this happen in the tabs about the then Kate Middleton and her relationship with the then Prince William of Wales.

The tabloids can't tell you what's really going on in these peoples private lives and their plans for the future. They can only speculate and sometimes the tons of speculations leds the readers to gang-up on the person of subject. So, imo, lets be careful with all this specualtion on the future of Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom