Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I wouldn't agree to that Silvia have perfect teeth, it's true that she doesn't have a gap between her front teeth, her gap is between the second and third tooth: http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/217/217355/21735550/jpg/active/480x.jpg

As for Sofia having a gap between her front teeth, there is not the same obsession in having a "perfect smile" in Sweden as there are in the U.S., a smile with imperfections are seen more as something charming. I have to say that I prefer the naturalness of Sofia's teeth than the artificial capped smile of many American celebrities. That Sofia have a gap and haven't wore braces was probably a choice she made for some reason, and not because of lack of money as all children in Sweden have the right to full dental care free of charge until the age of 19.

I agree, I actually really like Sofia's smile. It reminds me of a character in a book I read last year and really liked- Anna and the French Kiss.

Oh good gracious, Silvia was pretty possibly even cute but she was not some stunning beauty. I swear nostalgia warps peoples perceptions.
As for the shock of an engagement, I say let the people suffer & leave the smelling salt in the vaults.

Lots of gossip mags are jumping on the bandwaggon that Sofia looks like young Silvia.
Carl Philip von Schweden: Seine Sofia sieht aus wie die junge Silvia - BUNTE

Sorry, but Sofia is far from being as pretty as Silvia, I am not going into detail here, but the worst to me is the fake black hair, the main reason why people are compairing at all. Maybe it was part of her strategy to get CP's attention because he fancies girls who look like his mother :wacko:

Lots of gossip mags are jumping on the bandwaggon that Sofia looks like young Silvia.
Carl Philip von Schweden: Seine Sofia sieht aus wie die junge Silvia - BUNTE

Sorry, but Sofia is far from being as pretty as Silvia, I am not going into detail here, but the worst to me is the fake black hair, the main reason why people are compairing at all. Maybe it was part of her strategy to get CP's attention because he fancies girls who look like his mother :wacko:
Rather mind-boggling, isn't it.:wacko:

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes Silvia Sommerlath was a beauty indeed.
Besides physiognomy (and other minor details like a completed professional education, a career, class etc. -), one thing in particular comes to my mind that makes a crucial difference in any comparison:
Warmth.
Silvia Sommerlath:
http://s17.postimage.org/pz60rvv73/Screenshot_2.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/gsj4qp87r/CH_01077_430x644.jpg
http://s14.postimage.org/vos8bwkxd/Screenshot_1.jpg

Rather mind-boggling, isn't it.:wacko:

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes Silvia Sommerlath was a beauty indeed.
Besides physiognomy (and other minor details like a completed professional education, a career, class etc. -), one thing in particular comes to my mind that makes a crucial difference in any comparison:
Warmth.
Silvia Sommerlath:
http://s17.postimage.org/pz60rvv73/Screenshot_2.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/gsj4qp87r/CH_01077_430x644.jpg
http://s14.postimage.org/vos8bwkxd/Screenshot_1.jpg
:previous:
Boris, I agree with you
We can not compare Queen Silvia and Sofia.In all comparing Queen Silvia is better that Sofia.Queen Silvia always have natural beauty and charm :rose:.
I think publishing of this articles is just attract to attention to someone:ermm:

I'm not a big fan of Sofia eversince she started her campaign of being famous. I've tried giving her the benefit of doubt but time and time again she failed, miserably. No matter what others say that it's her past, now she's changed... Give me a break with that line. Just imagine the classless Jersey Shore cast marrying into a royal family. What scandal it would create, right? Imagine snooki or jwow cleaning up their act, and when they come visit you, you have to curtesy to them. are u sold on that idea?

Now talking bout Estelle's christening on Sofia. First of all, what's with the Cheshire cat smile? Only the proud parents wear that smile. The others, just a thin smile would do. You don't need to catch attention away from Estelle, ok Sofia?
Secondly, what's with the hair?!!! Why all the trouble perming it as tho it's your prom night? Uh please... Look at Victoria's hair. Swept back, nice side bun which doesn't scream "look at me!!!" Sofia's trouble to look good for the whole to see is just sickening.

And again, whatever Sofia does isn't right. Can the girl even do something right in your eyes? Anything at all? Smile more, smile less? Looking or not looking? Speaking or not speaking? Working or not working? Hair blond, hair red, hair dark? Hair nicely done or in a simply bun (what a fauxpas it would have been to copy CPVs trademark hairdo, huh?)? Dress or Jeans & T-shirt? Charity yes, charity no? I don't think so. Because whatever she does would be wrong. This is so exhausting sometimes. :bang:

I agree KitKat, but it is frequently the way royal girlfriends are treated on these boards, even ones who have never posed nude or semi clothed have been called some pretty awful things. I think of it as the "why her, why not me" syndrome.

Nice place, and certainly in much better condition than the farm he inherited.

I don't think C-P "needs" them. But inheritances are just that and he shouldn't be bedeviled because he has three houses.

Last edited:
Just one question: I've read somewhere Prince Carl Philip is expected to inherit Princess Lilian's Villa Solbacken in due course. Is that correct?
And if it is, what with the recently renovated farm, does he really need three pretty grand private residences?

I would sell the one he inherited, it is not exactly in the best of condition and looks as if it would require a lot of work to make it habitable.

I would sell the one he inherited, it is not exactly in the best of condition and looks as if it would require a lot of work to make it habitable.

Carl Philip isn't allowed to sell the Ökenäs farm before he turns 40 years without a king's and queen's "extreme consent", according to the will.

Last edited:
Carl Philip isn't allowed to sell the Ökenäs farm before he turns 40 years without a king's and queen's "extreme consent", according to the will.

Not so long to wait, although without some work Okenas could fall down beforehand.

It used to require a lot of work - not anymore.
Prince Carl Philip has recently spent about half a million Euro (the estimate of 'Expressen' tabloid and thus most likely exaggerated) to renovate the Ökenäs farm. As he and his girlfriend have apparently been sighted there frequently, it's hard to tell if he's considering it as an investment or a place to keep after he turns forty.
That Stenhammar Palace and farm will be inherited by him is a given, and Princess Lilian herself has written in her memoirs that Villa Solbacken will go to Prince Carl Philip as well. Along with the Stockholm house bought last year, this would indeed add up to four residences.

Not so long to wait, although without some work Okenas could fall down beforehand.

Just a couple of weeks ago Expressen wrote that Carl Philip has renovated Ökenäs at least with 450 000 euros and that he and Sofia are spending a lot of time there.

That Stenhammar Palace and farm will be inherited by him is a given, and Princess Lilian herself has written in her memoirs that Villa Solbacken will go to Prince Carl Philip as well. Along with the Stockholm house bought last year, this would indeed add up to four residences.

Well if you have your title as Crown Prince taken away from you real estate is always a nice compensation:)

Meraude said:
Well, I wouldn't agree to that Silvia have perfect teeth, it's true that she doesn't have a gap between her front teeth, her gap is between the second and third tooth: http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/217/217355/21735550/jpg/active/480x.jpg

As for Sofia having a gap between her front teeth, there is not the same obsession in having a "perfect smile" in Sweden as there are in the U.S., a smile with imperfections are seen more as something charming. I have to say that I prefer the naturalness of Sofia's teeth than the artificial capped smile of many American celebrities. That Sofia have a gap and haven't wore braces was probably a choice she made for some reason, and not because of lack of money as all children in Sweden have the right to full dental care free of charge until the age of 19.

Silvia's teeth weren't perfect, but she still had a beautiful smile!. If you have full free dental care until 19, which is unheard of in the US, then I would take advantage of it.

:previous:Wow she's really happy with her lot at the moment.. She can't stop smiling! Carl Philip is talking to her and I don't even think she's listening. "I'm with a prince! I'm with a prince!" is clearly written on her forehead.

I admit, I really don't see that in this particular picture.
All I see is a couple walking hand in hand, and yes, very happy.

:previous: Well, Sofia might be thinking "I'm with a prince, I'm with a prince." That's what I would be thinking if I were in her place, and so would most other women.

However, I don't see it, either. Should she be a glum, shrinking violet: no, I don't think so. I'd be enjoying myself in her position, FOR SURE!!!

The fight about who gets engaged first and which newspaper and which royal expert is right, is tough at the swedish press.

At Aftonbladet Klick!
They were both invited to the christening. But Sofia is one step ahead of Chris in the fight about the way to the altar.
- She and Carl Philip will get engaged first, says a court expert to Klick!

Sofia will beat Madde
Therefore Chris and Princess are forced to wait!
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/14880718/532/normal/90c63234b45f1/etta0525.jpg

How far are each of the farms from each other? And Lilian's house to Carl Philip's?
Is it known which property will Madaleine inherit? Where does she stay when she is in Sweden?

^^^^
Can you actually imagine Madeleine living on a farm?

Never! Madeleine is the hip-appartement-in-a-big-city kind of girl. ;)

Victoria on the other hand I can totally see living at a farm or a normal house with the famous white fence.

Well, the question should be can you see Sofia living in a farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom