The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
But is your father the King of California, and your little brother the Crown Prince whose christening was a state occasion...?
In that case he definitely would not have been invited! No questions asked. And my parents wouldn't care who's feelings are hurt. :)

In all honesty, I'm flabbergasted that Sofia's invited. Hopefully she won't show up tomorrow but that's wishful thinking.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
But I also think that this is a slap to Daniel's face, he had to wait for the engagement to attend in public and state events.
I agree. This is what bothers me most about the situation with Sofia- it is so disrespectful to Daniel.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE="NGalitzine"]He allowed Bertil to marry Lilian while in a different time Bertils brothers had to give up their rank to marry the women they want. Was that a slap in the face to his brothers?[\QUOTE]

Prince Bertil's brothers lost their rights because of their father's rules. They could also have chosen to wait until their nephew came to the throne to marry, as Bertil did. The problem I have here is that Carl Gustaf apparently has one set of rules for Victoria and another for Carl-Philip.

I agree that the monarch has to evolve with the times, but we are talking about a span of a few years here, not a few decades. Carl Gustaf's abrupt about-face creates an impression of unfair favoritism, in my opinion.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Eve2Eden;1416421]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
He allowed Bertil to marry Lilian while in a different time Bertils brothers had to give up their rank to marry the women they want. Was that a slap in the face to his brothers?[\QUOTE]

Prince Bertil's brothers lost their rights because of their father's rules. They could also have chosen to wait until their nephew came to the throne to marry, as Bertil did. The problem I have here is that Carl Gustaf apparently has one set of rules for Victoria and another for Carl-Philip.

I agree that the monarch has to evolve with the times, but we are talking about a span of a few years here, not a few decades. Carl Gustaf's abrupt about-face creates an impression of unfair favoritism, in my opinion.
Perhaps, but have you not changed your opinions on anything over a couple of years or even a couple of days. Maybe the king felt his presumed attitude towards Daniel was wrong and he wants to correct it with his other 2 children. Everyone knows they live with their partners so it would seem foolish and outdated to try and ignore that fact, let alone inflict hurt on his younger children. It may be a state occasion but it is also very much a family occasion, perhaps even primarily a family occasion for those most closely involved.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Eve2Eden;1416421]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
He allowed Bertil to marry Lilian while in a different time Bertils brothers had to give up their rank to marry the women they want. Was that a slap in the face to his brothers?[\QUOTE]

I don't see how it setting different rule for Victoria and Carl-Philip when Carl-Philip long time x-girlfriend didn't get invited to official engagement when they were engage. And both Sofia and Chris years later are invited to the Christening. People sometime relax some rules as they get older
Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

To me its natural that both are invited, they are not just dating but live-in partners, however, they should be seated elsewhere. If you tolerate live-in partners, show yourself as monarchs with these live-in partners on holidays or other events, why should they be excluded at the christening?

To me, the SRF's handling is very misguided, no clear rules. Over many years, Daniel seemed unwelcome and I still have the feeling it was personal and not because Victoria was the heiress. Why wasnt he accepted in the same way?

If you have children at a certain age, royal or not, as parents, you need to accept their way of life, partners they chose to live with etc. But then, dont make a difference. If you are tolerant, be tolerant with anyone. If you are not, dont single somebody out.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Nobility

Lena Ramel, a former (?) mentor of Madeleine just said on german TV that she's met Sofia before (she has not met Chris before) and calls her a very nice, intelligent young woman, who's a very good partner to Prince Carl Philip.

No offense to you all, but if a woman like that says things like this, I tend to believe that I was right all along with my very own view on Sofia. No matter what all the Sofia-haters/not likers think, say and write.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...GS45w/x610.jpg
Chris O'Neill, boyfriend of Sweden's Princess Madeleine, and Sofia Hellqvist, girlfriend of Sweden's Prince Carl Philip arrive for the christening of Sweden's Princess Estelle, first born daughter of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, May 22, 2012.

I thought Sofia's nude () dress was horrible, a strange fit and inviting people to guess what she wore underneath, I didnt like her look at all, incl hair & fascinator.

Above its one of the few pictures where Sofia is not looking for and into a camera - very much unlike Chris who doesnt seem into attention at all.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, Sophia's dress leaves much to be desired. Besides it, her smile seemed to be so "infernal " and unnatural, maybe she was a bit nervous and wanted to make a good impression on public.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Nobility

I had thought she is beeing trained to be a princess....it doesn't appears so.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, it wouldn't have hurt if Chris O'Neil had placed his face a little closer to his razor.

Stubbles may be fashionable and look good at a cafe or nightclub. - Not so a state event.
You show up well groomed to show respect for the occasion and the hosts. So a knock on the head for Chris O'Neil from me.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Gentry

Sofia's dress is not at all appropriate for such an occasion. Apparently, she got what she had at hand. And her hat would make more use to her if she had gone to an equestrian event.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, it wouldn't have hurt if Chris O'Neil had placed his face a little closer to his razor.

Stubbles may be fashionable and look good at a cafe or nightclub. - Not so a state event.
You show up well groomed to show respect for the occasion and the hosts. So a knock on the head for Chris O'Neil from me.
Thank you Muhler! I had written the exact same thing -- in the christening thread -- when Chris walked into the church
Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Thank you Muhler! I had written the exact same thing -- in the christening thread -- when Chris walked into the church

And I'm relieved to learn that I was wrong, it appears that the presence of Sofia and Chris doesn't take up as much space as I feared.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Gentry

Sofia looks too beige in her dress! But I like her hair!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Nobility

Why does everyone complain about Chris and no one complains about Haakon? He's also hair in his face and was much more in the focus today than Chris was. I don't have anything against Chris' stubble. I would've been more confused, if he would have been all shaved and clear. Because that's simple just not him. He's a man who looks good witha little stubble IMO.

I also like Sofias hair. But I also like her dress, hair and facinator. Even though I would have liked the dress to be a little thicker. Because it looks like it's a bit seethrough in the panty-region and it molds to perfect around her breast. Others than that I really liked the dress.

And speaking of the facinator that seems to be not very much liked here: Think positiv girls (and boys, because a few of them are here also)! It could have been way worse than that if she would have tried to get a hand on Beatrix of Yorks antlers from Wills and Kates wedding. The colour could have almost matched.

Btw, did you recognize that only Madeleine wore something different than beige or rosé? Victoria, Silvia and Sofia almost matched with their clothing colour.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Btw, did you recognize that only Madeleine wore something different than beige or rosé? Victoria, Silvia and Sofia almost matched with their clothing colour.
Maddy always wear something blue or purple! I saw her once or twice in beige!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Royal Highness

Sofia looked nice and obviously their presence wasn't that big a deal
Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Sofia looked nice and obviously their presence wasn't that big a deal
It is a big deal, the swedish newspapers and photo agencies have much more photos of them than many of the royal guests.

Haakon looks good in his beard and it is well-groomed. Chris looks grimy and rugged.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_tka View Post
Maddy always wear something blue or purple! I saw her once or twice in beige!
Even though this is not the Madeleine-Thread I just want to add a little compliment about Madeleines choice of clothes, too. It really siuted her and I would love to see what shewore underneath the coat? Are there any pics of that? Maybe somewhere in the Madeleine-Thread?

And her hat? To die for. Especially the little netting over her eyes. She looked absolutely beautiful today with her dark hair, the hairdo, the hat and her darkframed blue eyes. She's morphed from a beautiful young woman into a very elegant, beautiful woman lately. It seems she has martured a lot.

OK, and that's all about my opinion about Madeleine here.

Tags
prince carl philip