Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, maybe my sight is not very well.There was a dark haired girl who seems Sofia... I'm watching Expressen

The journalist just said CP and Sofia's names? Understood nothing else of what she said. Any swedish care to translate?

strange to see that women talking...for a press confrence!

There will be a press conference of 15 minutes, the press can make questions. The main persons will come out soon, said Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department.

I understood there will be photos. I think she said Estelle's name as well, no? I can't be sure.

It seems "too grand" for an engagment IMO

Well, they know the press interest in this relationship, for obvious reasons. I think it's wise of the Court to try and rescue this thing and give it as much grandeur as possible:cool:.

I must say I'm not happy about this. I would not say this very easily but she is the most unsuitable woman. I hope Sweden becomes a republic.

This is strange for an engagement, even more for a pregnancy anouncement.

If it is an abdication, I really didn´t see it coming :ohmy:

Still, safest bet it´s the engagement. If they´re saying the main people will speak....what else can be?

I must say I'm not happy about this. I would not say this very easily but she is the most unsuitable woman. I hope Sweden becomes a republic.

Will luckily it Victoria who will become Queen so...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Why the king allows all this fuss around the engagement for Carl Philip and Sofia? They walked at the courtyard and wave to the people like they were the king and queen.
I hate when they make this look much more important than the engagement of Victoria and Daniel. All this waiting, the walk at the courtyard and then the press conference. No dignity at all.

Last edited:
Well with Prince Carl-Philip and Sofia Hellqvist showing themselves on the courtyard we can be sure by now that they're going to announce their engagement soon.

Will luckily it Victoria who will become Queen so...

Thank god for that but she will still be there grinning at the cameras... :ermm: I say let him marry her but do they need their titles? Sweden already has enough working royals.

It's disgusting IMO that the make such a "grand" announcement...But wait... it's Sofia's style

Why the king allows all this fuss around the engagement for Carl Philip and Sofia? They walked at the courtyard and wave to the people like they were the king and queen.
I´m so shocked by all this fuss. Neither Victoria nor Madeleines´s engagements were like this.

I´m so shocked by all this fuss. Neither Victoria nor Madeleines´s engagements were like this.

He's the son, and they aren't? And or the SRF is trying to salvage the PR side as best they can?

I don't object to Sofia in the way some people on the board seem to, but all this for their engagement (and not Victoria or Madeleine's) does seem unfair and excessive.

this conference looks like they are the crown princes really...
Absolutely :ermm:

He's the son, and they aren't? And or the SRF is trying to salvage the PR side as best they can?

I don't object to Sofia in the way some people on the board seem to, but all this for their engagement (and not Victoria or Madeleine's) does seem unfair and excessive.

I really don´t understand it. It´s way excesive, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom