Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Svensk Damtidning wrote in March that there will be an engagement before the king's birthday. It didn't happen and now Svensk Damtidning has invented a new explanation why Carl Philip and Sofia haven't got engaged yet.
Carl Philip and Sofia aren't just ready to get engaged. Sofia is so involved with her work at the Project Playground and as a princess she wouldn't have time to work with PP as intensively as now. She wants to concentrate on her career. And there is Leonore's christening and the court doesn't want many events at the same time. Carl Philip has also denied the reports that he is designing the engagement ring. And Sofia told at the TV-interview that she doesn't feel home at great galas with gala gowns which is a big part of being a princess. And by waiting and waiting Carl Philip and Sofia get more and more people to their side.

Gosh, what a fabricated Story.... :eek:
This is the result when you are speculating too much, then you have to find excuses for things, which are not Happening.
Ridicolous...
BYe Bine

It wasn't just Svensk Damtidning, during the first months of this year every swedish royal expert has said that they think that the engagement is coming soon. They have all said the same, some of them, like Svensk Damtidning, have claimed that they have got the information from "sources close to the royal family/court". It hasn't been like that in previous years. Svensk Damtidning of course has written million times that soon there will be an engagement, because they promote Sofia so strongly.
But once again, no engagement.

It has been unusually quiet on the CP / Sofia front for some time now. Calm before the storm?

It has been unusually quiet on the CP / Sofia front for some time now. Calm before the storm?

It has been very calm. I'm guessing appearences will be made for the Christening next month.

It has been very calm. I'm guessing appearences will be made for the Christening next month.

I think many people will be watching to see if SH is at the christening of the new princess............it's been way to *quiet* for them and that says something. And since he was out for his birthday with his male friends and no girlfriend.........just wondering and yes a bit nosey......lolololo!

I think many people will be watching to see if SH is at the christening of the new princess............it's been way to *quiet* for them and that says something. And since he was out for his birthday with his male friends and no girlfriend.........just wondering and yes a bit nosey......lolololo!

I think that Carl Philip had celebrated his birthday with his family and Sofia on 13th May and went out with his male friends on the next Sunday. It doesn't have to mean anything.

:previous:True, I am just curious because she always in the past was talking to the media and for many weeks now, she has been very quiet, not like her. Guess we will have to wait and see and time will tell!

Carl Philip and Sofia were at a wedding during the weekend. And interestingly only Sofia's biggest supporter, Svensk Damtidning magazine was there. Sofia looks just awful with her superunflattering hairdo.
SDT1424_HiResFiles(1)

:previous::ohmy:Oh dear! Well guess we just have to wait and see what she will do next!

But at least they look happy with eachother...that has got to count for something doesn't it?

There are a few other couples who are discussed on the Royal Forums who might be a lot prettier and with better hair-do's and a squeeky-clean past, but who look continuously unhappy to be seen together....

I know which I would prefer..

If she makes him happy and over the moon, it doesn't matter what she looks like!

The hair is for sure unflattering, but I like the dress (what you can see of it)

I don't think it's that awful or unflattering. She could have done better with a bit more "open and wavy" but this hairdo doesn't look like "Oh dear! What a disaster" to me. Just a bit to stern for a wedding.

Carl Philip and Sofia visited Leonore yesterday. Carl Philip had come first and stayed about two hours. Sofia arrived just before lunch and sneaked in very carefully. She stayed about an hour, came out from the back door and went to a black car which was waiting for her.
MTV3 quotes Expressen's article.
Sofia Hellqvist livahti salaa tapaamaan prinsessa Leonorea - Viihde - MTV.fi

Svensk Damtidning tells that the wedding which Carl Philip and Sofia attended, was the wedding of Carl Philip's friend Carl Almgren and Ida Legeryd. Almgren and Carl Philip got to know at the military service and Almgren cooks for Carl Philip's STCC team Volvo Polestar. Almgren has even made dishes for the king. The wedding took four days, first a dinner to the bridal couple's family. A day after that Carl Philip and Sofia arrived with the other guests to a barbeque party at Grimetons Wårdshus close to Varberg. A day after that was the wedding at the Askim church. And on Sunday was a brunch for the guests.

So Carl Philip had time to spend three days at the wedding, but he couldn't attend at the Bernadotte Art Awards on Monday, although he is the patron of it and gives the impression that he wants to be very artistic too.

Last edited:

Who knows, but I don't think that this is the occasion to show your love-feelings in public.
Anyway they walk hand in hand and you don't do that when your relation is over. At least I would not do that:flowers:

I don't know how you can say he doesn't look in love...he looks happy enough and their body language is good.

LaRae

Don't know what you expect to see, for me they look like a couple who are happy together and have known eachother several years, so they don't need to kiss eachother every two seconds to feel secure about eachother.
One minute everybody complains because Sofia waves and laughs to people and when she doesn't we imply that the relationship is on the rocks?

Anyway: both his sisters are married and have a kid, his dad has his jubilee, now the next big ceremony should be Carl-Philip's ;-)
Ask her, man!

Next year i dont think there is any planned celebrations but 2016 the king Will be 70 and there has been large celebrations before

Next year i dont think there is any planned celebrations but 2016 the king Will be 70 and there has been large celebrations before

And in 2016 the king and queen have been married 40 years.

I don't know about this girl, at first she really bugged me with her non-lily white reputation as a what.......party girl. And she talked to much to the media (which being with a royal is a big NO NO) and lately she has been out of the news, so maybe she has learned to be quiet and not talk and brag who she is dating. Maybe it's time for them to just move to the next level and go for it and get married and have babies.............

Maybe he has already proposed....

Let's wait if a "surprise" will soon be announced.

I'm so fed up with the"proposal/ not proposal"... Anyway CP looked miserable IMO

How a man who is laughing and smiling/grinning also looks miserable is beyond me....nothing in his body language indicates unhappiness or misery.

LaRae

:previous::ohmy:Oh dear! Well guess we just have to wait and see what she will do next!

What comes next!: I don't expect she will drop the habit of looking for spotlight as often as possible!!

I think her current style is ok. I would really not welcome any "princess" title for her, or any representation duties on her own. I hope they can manage to control her ... I wonder what she would expect from joining the royal family, except financial stability of course.

What can he do to prove his love, jump on her and kiss her ????:flowers::)

I recently saw a picture of one of the Casiraghi's grabbing his girlfriend between the legs... if that what it takes nowadays to "show your love" I'd rather see Carl-Philip's version (even it may seem unhappy and miserable to some) :lol:

I recently saw a picture of one of the Casiraghi's grabbing his girlfriend between the legs... if that what it takes nowadays to "show your love" I'd rather see Carl-Philip's version (even it may seem unhappy and miserable to some) :lol:
Oh yes !!!!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom