Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way are we overreacting? Most posters say they prefer her to be quiet and stop babbling to the gossip press, as practically ALL other royal partners have done in the past. Many/most royals don't even talk to the press after the wedding. Perhaps her starting an education instead of (ab)using a charity to white wash her image would have been preferable to most too. Instead of over reacting I find that this is just common sense and stating the obvious.

According to the magazine, Sofia complimented the Turkish Airlines, Turkey and it's warm people. She said that she would like to bring Carl Philip there but she didn't say anything too personal and about her relationship. She was just being nice and courteous.

I fail to understand the need and want to jump all over her comments and try to make it seem like she's totally out of hand, unsuitable for Prince Carl Philip and all that other stuff.

The Countess of Wessex use to say a friendly hello to the media and photographers during her courtship with Prince Edward back in the day. She even used to happily accept flowers from them. I didn't think she was doing anything wrong, out of hand or thought she was unsuitable to be married to a member of the British royal family.

Last edited:
I fail to understand the need and want to jump all over her comments and try to make it seem like she's totally out of hand, unsuitable for Prince Carl Philip and all that other stuff.

Well basically because she is totally out of hand and unsuitable. I can't think of any royal partner in the last decades that has been more unsuitable actually.

Last edited:
Well basically because she is totally out of hand and unsuitable.

Oh I see. Well, don't look like Prince Carl Philip and rest of the royal family think so. Perhaps they have a different view of Sofia Hellqvist because they know her much more personally and not paying attention to the tabloids and judging her based on past pictures.

According to the magazine, Sofia complimented the Turkish Airlines, Turkey and it's warm people. She said that she would like to bring Carl Philip there but she didn't say anything too personal and about her relationship. She was just being nice and courteous.

The turkish magazine has written that Sofia described Carl Philip as her fiancé and that Carl Philip is her eternal love. I think that is very personal and tells very much about her relationship. She could have hardly said more. She could have said friendly that she is in Turkey because of Project Playground Football Team and doesn't comment her private life. That is the way the girl-/boyfriends of the royals have done before.
The way she is acting makes her totally unsuitable for prince Carl Philip.

The turkish magazine has written that Sofia described Carl Philip as her fiancé and that Carl Philip is her eternal love. I think that is very personal and tells very much about her relationship. She could have hardly said more. She could have said friendly that she is in Turkey because of Project Playground Football Team and doesn't comment her private life. That is the way the girl-/boyfriends of the royals have done before.
The way she is acting makes her totally unsuitable for prince Carl Philip.

The Turkish translation put "fiancé" in the article. Most likely it isn't what she said. I have read articles about other young royal couples in foreign magazines and before William & Catherine were engaged to get married or even Prince Albert & Charlene, the articles to refer to the couples as "fiancés" but what they meant is boyfriends or girlfriends.

Sofia didn't say anything out of hand or what would count her as considered unsuitable for royal marriage. She was just being kind and expressing the kind treatment she received in Turkey. If her kind words were out of hand, I guess that mean Sophie was unsuitable for Prince Edward, Diana was unsuitable for Prince Charles and even the late Queen Mother was unsuitable for the future George VI. They all said something to the media before their marriages.

Oh I see. Well, don't look like Prince Carl Philip and rest of the royal family think so. Perhaps they have a different view of Sofia Hellqvist because they know her much more personally and not paying attention to the tabloids and judging her based on past pictures.

Perhaps we can try to keep things civil instead of becoming personal. I am not judging her on past pictures or on tabloid stories. Nothing in my posts or of most other posters even hint in that direction. I formed my opinion about her based on her quest for fame (as her resume shows), her abusing a charity for her own good, and I can go on and on. If I based my opinion on the tabloids I would have said that Sofia is an angel who deserves the Nobel peace prize, Sweden's own mother Theresa. That is at least the editorial line of the Swedish tabloids.

But we will never see eye to eye about this so the best thing is to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
The Turkish translation put "fiancé" in the article. Most likely it isn't what she said. I have read articles about other young royal couples in foreign magazines and before William & Catherine were engaged to get married or even Prince Albert & Charlene, the articles to refer to the couples as "fiancés" but what they meant is boyfriends or girlfriends.

We don't know what she said. But if she would have said "no comment" to questions about her private life, we didn't have to talk about this at all. And it would have been much better for Sofia also.

Perhaps we can try to keep things civil instead of becoming personal. I am not judging her on past pictures or on tabloid stories. Nothing in my posts or of most other posters even hint in that direction. I formed my opinion about her based on her quest for fame (as her resume shows), her abusing a charity for her own good, falsifying information, and I can go on and on. If I based my opinion on the tabloids I would have said that Sofia was an angel who deserves the Nobel peace prize, Sweden's own mother Theresa. That is at least the editorial line of the Swedish tabloids. But we will not see eye to eye about this so the best thing is to agree to disagree.

I'm not making anything personal but from what I seen and read, people are judging Sofia harshly because of her past pictures and what the tabloids have written about her.

How do you anyone know that she's abusing a worthy charity for her own gain? From what I see, she and a team of others at Project Playground are very happily and dedicated to the charity and believe in it's purpose.

No one is saying that Sofia is a complete angle and deserve a Nobel Peace Prize but she seem to have a very nice and loving relationship with Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, his family seem to have taken to her and have no problem inviting her to some family events. Carl Philip & Sofia look very happy together and she seems to be an okay person.

If I remember correctly, this same kind of harsh judgment and criticism was made about the then Kate Middleton. People thought she was unsuitable for Prince William because she once modeled in a university charity show, she was accused of loving the attention she received from the photographers that followed her, they though she didn't have a real job and that her family were of low class. Now she's married to Prince William, she's now HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, senior member of the royal family, a new mother and she's handling her royal life pretty well.

Seems like all the harsh judgment wasn't right with it came down to Catherine and I somehow think it isn't right for Sofia either.

We don't know what she said. But if she would have said "no comment" to questions about her private life, we didn't have to talk about this at all. And it would have been much better for Sofia also.

She didn't say anything about her private life. The magazine is the one that pointed that out.

Last edited:
It seems like every nation except Sweden has weighed in on the Sofia issue. When and if CP ever decides to marry Sofia I rather think it is up to him, his family and his nation to decide if she is or is not a suitable bride for the House of Bernadotte. Somehow I do not think compliments to Turkey and its airline and a possible refere3nce to CP as a fiance are grounds to say anyone is "out of control" which seems like a gross overstatement more suitable to a cheap tabloid newpaper.

I'm not making anything personal but from what I seen and read, people are judging Sofia harshly because of her past pictures and what the tabloids have written about her.

How do you anyone know that she's abusing a worthy charity for her own gain? From what I see, she and a team of others at Project Playground are very happily and dedicated to the charity and believe in it's purpose.

No one is saying that Sofia is a complete angle and deserve a Nobel Peace Prize but she seem to have a very nice and loving relationship with Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, his family seem to have taken to her and have no problem inviting her to some family events. Carl Philip & Sofia look very happy together and she seems to be an okay person.

If I remember correctly, this same kind of harsh judgment and criticism was made about the then Kate Middleton. People thought she was unsuitable for Prince William because she once modeled in a university charity show, she was accused of loving the attention she received from the photographers that followed her, they though she didn't have a real job and that her family were of low class. Now she's married to Prince William, she's now HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, senior member of the royal family, a new mother and she's handling her royal life pretty well.

Seems like all the harsh judgment wasn't right with it came down to Catherine and I somehow think it isn't right for Sofia either.

She didn't say anything about her private life. The magazine is the one that pointed that out.

But how do you know she didn't? According to the magazine, she did. You keep saying she didn't say that, on what basis? Were you there?

I don't know, but to me calling someone "fiancé" and "eternal love" is talking about ones private life. And, in case of royal girlfriend where no official engagement happen yet, is being indiscreet, to put it nicely.

You seem to be trying to defend Sofia at all costs, even by overlooking the obvious. Why would the magazine wrote something she didn't say?

Sofia didn't say anything out of hand or what would count her as considered unsuitable for royal marriage. She was just being kind and expressing the kind treatment she received in Turkey. If her kind words were out of hand, I guess that mean Sophie was unsuitable for Prince Edward, Diana was unsuitable for Prince Charles and even the late Queen Mother was unsuitable for the future George VI. They all said something to the media before their marriages.

But it could have been exactly what she said, not what the magazine put in the article. We don't know that. Why can't you accept the fact it could have been either way?

Not only, she commented on her private life which, as a royal girlfriend, she should not have done. I think this is what everyone is talking about, I cannot recall anyone saying she is unsuitable because of her kind words, as you put it above. You seem to be overlooking that part of posters' answers and only focus on the part you can defend Sofia with.

But how do you know she didn't? According to the magazine, she did. You keep saying she didn't say that, on what basis? Were you there?

I don't know, but to me calling someone "fiancé" and "eternal love" is talking about ones private life. And, in case of royal girlfriend where no official engagement happen yet, is being indiscreet, to put it nicely.

You seem to be trying to defend Sofia at all costs, even by overlooking the obvious. Why would the magazine wrote something she didn't say?

I'm just stating that I have scanned a few foreign magazines and when they talk about royal couples-who aren't married-they usually refer to the couple as "fiancés" instead of boyfriends and girlfriends. They translate it differently.

I don't see Sofia getting really personal in saying that she would love to take Carl Philip to Turkey. She probably wished he was there to experience the beauty of the place with her. The magazine also points out that she didn't get personal at all.

It's not about defending Sofia at all cost and overlooking stuff. If I see Sofia doing something that I think is totally unwise, I will say it. Not that my criticism would matter to Sofia & Carl Philip or the royal family.

I just think she is treated very unfairly. I used to say the samething about Catherine and Chelsy. It's very easy to look at some pictures (especially from the past) and read these tabloids and come to all kinds of conclusions about these people in the public eye but from what I'm actually seeing with Carl Philip and Sofia, things seems to be okay. They seem to really be in love and the royal family seems to have taken to her very nicely. They obviously see Sofia in a nice light because they actually know her personally and have no problem inviting her to some royal family events and even posting a picture of her (with family) on the official Monarchy website.

I don't know if these will get married (although it looks like it could happen) but I think the family respect Carl Philip's personal life enough to include Sofia and embrace reality. Must mean a lot to him and Sofia.

They surely have no idea of discretion, at the boat in St. Tropez
All Over Press Finland.

It is interesting, Madeleine is always complaining about how the press invades her and Chris' privacy, and Victoria and Daniel are known to avoid St. Maxime/St. Tropez because of the paparazzis. But for Carl Philip and Sofia the paparazzis are no problem.

Last edited:

She said, that Carl Philip is her eternal love (and almost the whole world knows that they are living together). If I would say in press that someone is my eternal love, I would be speaking about my private life.

Last edited:
They surely have no idea of discretion, at the boat in St. Tropez
All Over Press Finland.

It is interesting, Madeleine is always complaining about how the press invades her and Chris' privacy, and Victoria and Daniel are known to avoid St. Maxime/St. Tropez because of the paparazzis. But for Carl Philip and Sofia the paparazzis are no problem.

God, these photos are so tacky, she bending over him on that boat etc :yuk: somebody who exposes to such a degree to the paps should never complain of anything. They behave like B-celebrities, keen to have their picture taken, and showing off what is there to show off, like a footballer & his WaG :eek:

CP and SH

SH needs to keep her mouth shut and not talk to the press for any reason at all.

The pictures from S:t Tropez are published in todays Expressen as well. There is an interesteing part of the article, I think.

"Expressen has reported earlier that the court allegedly has a plan to help Sofia Hellqvist into the Royal family in connection to an engagment, and get the same introduction as Daniel got before the wedding to crown princess Victoria. -If you're entering a very different environment, you need a broad and deep introduction, said Jan-Eric Warren, brigade general and master of ceremony at the court, to Expressen earlier this summer".

It sounds to me like Sofia is - behind the scene - getting the same kind of introduction as Daniel did. I smell an engagment coming up really soon.

Här njuter prinsen och Sofia av sommaren | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

The pictures from S:t Tropez are published in todays Expressen as well. There is an interesteing part of the article, I think.

"Expressen has reported earlier that the court allegedly has a plan to help Sofia Hellqvist into the Royal family in connection to an engagment, and get the same introduction as Daniel got before the wedding to crown princess Victoria. -If you're entering a very different environment, you need a broad and deep introduction, said Jan-Eric Warren, brigade general and master of ceremony at the court, to Expressen earlier this summer".

It sounds to me like Sofia is - behind the scene - getting the same kind of introduction as Daniel did. I smell an engagment coming up really soon.

Här njuter prinsen och Sofia av sommaren | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Expressen and Aftonbladet have written many, many times that Sofia allegedly is getting help from the court as a "princess school". But no one has confirmed that, it is just something the gossip press writes. In your quote Warren says just that when someone comes from a very different environment, they need an introduction. He doesn't say, no one doesn't say that Sofia is now getting this introduction. And on Daniel's case, the introduction started after he and Victoria had got engaged. He of course got help before that from many ceos, who were his clients at his gyms, and some of them were and are his friends.
When Sofia and Carl Philip started dating, the press told that Sofia had asked for some help.

Carl Philip ja Sofia hempeilivät lemmenlomalla – katso kuvat - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Last edited:
God, these photos are so tacky, she bending over him on that boat etc :yuk: somebody who exposes to such a degree to the paps should never complain of anything. They behave like B-celebrities, keen to have their picture taken, and showing off what is there to show off, like a footballer & his WaG :eek:

It seems that CP found his eternal loves too :whistling:. Isn't that nice.

I wonder if the Swedes get themselves as worked up about the relationship/possible marriage between CP and Sofia as some members of TRF seem to.

I do not mind that Sophia gets photographed by the paparazzi-she is young,pretty & dating a Prince and they obviously do not mind being photographed.

Acting like the Countess of Wessex,who was friendly greeting the photographers/journalist before her wedding, is an acceptable and decent way to deal with the press. If Sophia constantly talks about her private life it is not surprising that it is discussed by everyone.

Prince Carl Philip and Ms. Hellqvist on a yacht | Spletnik.ru

Ms. Hellqvist's tattoo is an epitome of trashiness.

No, really no...it may not be your cup of tea, but if this is your "epitome" than you are lucky to have different tv-shows where you live than are on tv in my country :lol:

The two of them seem to be very much as ease and very well matched with eachother, so I don't see the big deal; if he loves her, he should marry her...

Last week a swedish gossip magazine wrote that Carl Philip and Sofia are breaking up, so it seems that these photos are their answer to the magazine.

No, really no...it may not be your cup of tea, but if this is your "epitome" than you are lucky to have different tv-shows where you live than are on tv in my country :lol:

:lol: Sounds like you might have some of the tv shows we have.

Sofia's tats look fine to me.

:lol: Sounds like you might have some of the tv shows we have.

Sofia's tats look fine to me.

Or ours, they are kind of nice. I am not a fan of tats either but hers are actually pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom