Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the charity that Sofia is involved with, what does she actually do. ? Work-wise, that is.

Apart from the charity that Sofia is involved with, what does she actually do. ? Work-wise, that is.

As far as I know, she started a yoga-clothing business "Drop of Mindfulness". I don't know if she is still involved in it.

A photo of Sofia at the blogpost from today at the website of Project Playground. However, we can't know when the photo has been taken.
But while looking at Sofia's hair, it looks more brown than black, so I think that the photo has been taken recently.
http://www.project-playground.org/en/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IMG_0226.jpg
The blog post
Enhance Positivity : Project Playground

Last edited:
What do you think about a double engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia and Madeleine and Chris?

Lord, have mercy! That would be too much to take.

The SRF spin will have to do overtime for each partner separately, they couldnt cope with both at the same time.

I dont think Swedes have warmed to Chris in any way and I doubt that many people buy Sofia's whitewash.

:previous:
In addition, another double engagement will bring back unpleasant memories connected with Madeleine's first one. I think Carl Philip and Sofia will announce their engagement some time after the christening, while Madeleine and Chris (assuming they plan to get engaged soon) will have to wait until after his wedding.

wow she looks so nice there, simple and funny. even though i'm not that attached to her, i need to mention that she got a very grogeous body

That's a very sweet picture. :)
Sofia does look more relaxed - and it shows.

I dont think Swedes have warmed to Chris in any way and I doubt that many people buy Sofia's whitewash.
I would say that the relationship between Madeleine and Chris when it comes to publicity in the media has more in common with how the earlier relationships of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine have been, media have been interested in photos but the couple haven't made any major fuss about their relationship until it's been time for an engagement. When it comes to the relationship between Carl Philip and Sofia, I get a feeling that they themselves and the media have more or less been trying to forcefeed the public with media attention from the beginning, and to show off what a perfect couple they are, into making Sofia the only possible choice for Carl Philip.

:previous: I agree with you.

Chris doesnt strike me as the person who will come to Sweden and embrace royal life beside his wife. Unlike Sofia, he doesnt seem to be keen on attention. In case they get married, I am sure they continue to live abroad with Chris working as a banker.

:previous: I agree with you.

Chris doesnt strike me as the person who will come to Sweden and embrace royal life beside his wife. Unlike Sofia, he doesnt seem to be keen on attention. In case they get married, I am sure they continue to live abroad with Chris working as a banker.

I certainly would not expect him to give up his career to become a royal support act. As with John Ambler I would expect him to continue his banking career in the US and his wife to live there with him, returning to Sweden on an as needed basis for major family events.

LadyFinn said:
From Expressen

Sofia forced the king and Silvia
May go to the baptism
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler.axd?imageFormat=firstColumn&guid=84e3e11d-d2ee-48a7-8cbf-8a2be73a9e0e

And how has she got the power to force the king and the queen to allow her to attend the baptism? Oh, these tabloids... On Tuesday we will see if this is true.

What?? I'm also at a loss to see how she can force the King and Queen to let her attend the Christening. Well, if she goes, Chris has to be invited as well (whether or not he decides to turn up). If it's true that she demanded to attend, I hope the court has the sense not to seat her with the family.

I'm pretty sure whether Sofia attends or not, it will not be because she forced the King and Queen. How would she do that? And more importantly, she wouldn't be stupid enough to make an ultimatum to her potential in-laws. If she does attend though, that's pretty much a confirmation of an imminent engagement.

Last edited:
If one is to believe the article, Sofia put pressure on Carl Philip and he in his turn talked his parents into accepting Sofia as a guest.

Having Sofia at the baptism, will put the focus on her and not Princess Estelle, not a good idea in my opinion.

Johan T Lindwall: The King's decision is daring, modern and surprising

Sofia Hellqvist at Estelle's baptism. Undoubtedly, big of the king. But above all, modern. With his decision, that goes against all the royal rules, he shows that we actually have a royal family in time. I was somewhat surprised of that Sofia Hellqvist has been invited to Estelle's baptism. There are several reasons, the main one being that the invitation goes against all the rules of the royal world. She and Prince Carl Philip are together. They live officially together. But there is one thing which they are not: Engaged.
We know what it looked like when Victoria and Daniel were together. Year after year they had to sneak with their love. It was only when the King turned 60 that Daniel could show up in a royal context. It was nearly five years after Victoria and Daniel had become a couple.

In the case of Sofia Hellqvist, it has been very different. Royals around the world arrive to the baptism and all official Sweden is represented. That is why it is an extremely daring and modern decision by the king to let Sofia attend the baptism. She is not an official member of the royal family.
What does the king's decision include? Very much. Now we can once and for all turn away all doubts, if she is approved or not by the royal couple. Invitation to the Baptism is arguably the definitive confirmation of that the royal family have accepted her. The irony of the king's decision is that it also opens the door to Madeleine's boyfriend Chris O'Neill. The person Madeleine once could not stand has now made it happen that the king has eased the rules.
What does this decision mean to the monarchy? I am convinced that in the long run it will strengthen confidence in the royal house.
Sofia is a woman of the people. Now she - just like Daniel - has access to the finer rooms. All thanks to the king.
Johan T Lindwall: Kungens beslut är vågat, modernt och överraskande | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Last edited:
Well, looks like Sofia got her way..

Director of the Information and Press Department, Bertil Ternert, told to Expressen, that they will publish the guest list on Monday.

Well, looks like Sofia got her way..
It looks that way, but I strongly doubt she pressured Their Majesties (directly or through Carl Philip) to get an invitation. It would have been a remarkably stupid thing to do, and despite some questionable decisions in her past, I doubt Sofia is a fool.

Most likely if she is invited to the christening, it was though the influence of Carl Philip. I doubt very seriously that Sofia went to the King or Queen or went to Princess Victoria and asked them to include her. That would be a pretty bold move.

The king and the queen host the christening and decide the guest list.

Carl Philip has been forced to turn to the king to give Sofia a place at the Royal Chapel. Sofia was not originally invited to the christening. Expressen can reveal that Sofia Hellqvist last week told to Carl Philip: She wanted to go to the baptism and Carl Philip was forced to turn to the king.
The king and queen Silvia host the baptism and they definitively determine the guest list. Victoria and Daniel were informed. Daniel said yes (Lindwall makes it sound like Daniel can decide this for the both of them). For the King and Silvia, it was not as obvious. The king, however, gave in the beginning of the week Carl Philip the good news: Sofia can come to the baptism.
Sofia has proudly told the news to her closest. All around her are happy for the prestigious invitation. Expressen tells that Madeleine's boyfriend Chris O'Neill was invited just three days ago and it is not yet known if he can attend. Sofia and Chris have also been invited to the private lunch afterwards, and to Victoria's and Daniel's dinner at Haga Palace.
Glädjebeskedet till Sofia inför dopet | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Last edited:
It would be an abysmal decision to have Sofia Hellqvist attend this christening and make her debut as officially accepted partner in a royal context at this of all possible occasions.
Royal christenings are state occasions of the highest order, particularly in Sweden, and even more so in this special case as the heiress to the heiress of the throne will be baptized.
The focus should be all on the No. 2 in the line of succession and the sense of continuation of the Bernadotte dynasty, and definitely not on the fact that a former nude model and reality TV show contestant makes a very public debut as controversial royal girlfriend.
The christening itself would inevitably be overshadowed in the media by such a move, and the Bernadottes should be smarter than allowing this to happen; I sincerely hope that the story will turn out to be incorrect.

The christening itself would inevitably be overshadowed in the media by such a move, and the Bernadottes should be smarter than allowing this to happen; I sincerely hope that the story will turn out to be incorrect.

I totally agree with you in this.

LadyFinn said:
Sofia has proudly told the news to her closest. All around her are happy for the prestigious invitation.

Oh, for heaven's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom