Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
According to several magazines Prince Carl Philip seems to have a new girlfriend, called Sofia Hellqvist. She is said to be 25 years old.

Article at Hola.com:

Google Nachricht

Article at Svenskdamtidning.se:

Google Nachricht

A very nice lady. Surely very decent. Maybe Princess is the new Sweden.

Ha! A new girlfriend for Carl Philip was my guess at "what will happen to the Royals in 2010?" :D Well, if it's true of course...

A very nice lady. Surely very decent. Maybe Princess is the new Sweden.

I don't think so. A model who has naked photos, she is NEVER going to be a princess. This is not accepted in royal families.

Could the title of this topic PLEASE be changed to include a question mark?

It seems to me that Sofia Hellqvist has a very creative press agent.
She has been a party girl, calendar / swimwear model and partcipant of the 'Hotel Paradiso' reality show, which is indeed reality TV as low as it gets - a bunch of supposedly sexy youngsters in a white trash dating contest.

She's a grade Z celebrity with exactly the kind of awful résumé these kind of 'celebrity' people have these days, and I'd be rather surprised if the rumors about her being Carl Philip's new girlfriend turn out to be true.

It does remind one of the rumours and articles surrounding Prince William with Britney Spears and/or Paris Hilton.

Is this a legit magazine or a tabloid? And I realize that the line between legit magazine and tabloid is not as clear as it used to be.

Maybe Carl Philip is going through the same phase that Felipe went through when he dated models/actresses, that were not exactly "princess material". She is a nice looking girl and does remind me of Emma a bit. I would like to know if those are contacts or if it's her natural eye color (I'm betting they're contacts).

The article in Svensk Damtidning is gone... end of story?

The article is still there.

According to several magazines Prince Carl Philip seems to have a new girlfriend, called Sofia Hellqvist. She is said to be 25 years old.

Article at Hola.com:

Google Nachricht

Article at Svenskdamtidning.se:

Google Nachricht

The Hola aticle says that
since then the Prince has remained unmarried, while his two brothers announced their wedding engagements
can you trust an article that says Victoria and Madeline are men?

Hola is a decent magazine, but I don't know about Svenskdamtidning.

If you call 'Hola' decent, then 'Svensk Dam Tidning' is decent too... ;)
They're approximately on the same level of non-hurtful reporting and gossiping, with SDT's editors actually believing that their readers are able to read - by comparison, there's more text and less emphasis on the pics in the Swedish mag than in the Spanish one.

Unless one of the well-connected Swedish newspaper's royal columnists like the one from 'Expressen' confirms the rumor, I'm inclined to believe that the girl's PR person planted the item and succeeded.

The article is still there.

The Hola aticle says that

can you trust an article that says Victoria and Madeline are men?

The original article says, "[...] sus dos hermanas anunciaban sus compromisos oficiales de boda." "Hermanas" means sisters. There is an error in the automatic translation.

How old is Carl-Philip?
And how was his relationship with Emma discovered?

How old is Carl-Philip?
And how was his relationship with Emma discovered?

Carl Philip is 30 years old, he was born on May 13, 1979. I do not know much about his relationship with Emma, sorry.

This is only speculation on my part, but I think that Carl Philip may have felt he was missing out on something, having been with the same woman for ten years. I think we can now expect a string of casual short-term relationships and then an unexpected engagement, to Emma or someone else.

He's older than our Prince William, he had a long term girlfriend and that ended without marriage, perhaps a pattern. :)
Emma was a wonderful girl, but somehow I don't think they'll get back together.
He may be going through a "flings" phase, but he doesn't seem that kinda guy. :ermm:

Some pictures of the new girlfriend.

Credits: cotilleando.com
gossip forum. Spain

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh God! He can't date this girl! she's pretty vulgar!

Emma was so much better! they were a cute couple!

:previous:

Well, let's hope it's only a rumour... But if it's true, I think her chances to become a Princess are hardly high after these pictures.

The article in Svensk Damtidning is gone... end of story?

Sorry, I was reading to fast... and maybe hope too much :whistling::)

Lets hope Boris is right about the girls PR agent ... because... I mean, Daniel Westling had troubles being accepted as boyfriend to Victoria... so what can I say... (and suddenly I sound like the old hag I am :D should stand up and say love is a beautiful thing...but I sure dont like this)

I don't think so. A model who has naked photos, she is NEVER going to be a princess. This is not accepted in royal families.

I think so to! But could you ever have imagined that a single mother who has taken drugs would ever be a Crownprincess? (Mette-Marit)
And could you ever have imagined that a Divorcée would become Crownprincess in a Catholic Royal House? (Letizia)
So there must be a first for everything...

From Aftonbladet...
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/victoriagiftersig/article6418578.ab
–Â*Ett allvarligt förhÃ¥llande mellan dem skulle kunna bli svÃ¥rt | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

"Someone close to the prince" tells: Its too early to say they are together.I dont think he is thinking of her as a girlfriend. They are kind of unsecure of their relationship.

(and sorry the google translator doesnt show up on my computer on pages in swedish because I am a swede...and I dont know where to find it...so I hope you can find a translation somewhere...)

i must say she looks pretty, but who knows too early!anyway about her past, i think today it does not matter, did not have Princess MerrY-Mette a bad past?

LOL! Well isn't she a classy "lady", posing naked with a snake. Definitely princess material.:rolleyes:

:previous:

Well, let's hope it's only a rumour... But if it's true, I think her chances to become a Princess are hardly high after these pictures.

Yeah it doesnt seem like an actual news. There are noo pictures of them or anything

Please note that it is against TRF policy to post links to nude or erotic pictures. I know that they are related to the topic of this thread, but still we do not want these pictures to appear here.

On another note, please take into account that the sources for this 'news' are highly questionable. This thread will remain open for the time being, until the moderators reached a decision about the matter. I urge members to stay away from overly speculative posts and I suggest we all take a healthy sceptical approach to the information (as has been the case thus far).

Last edited:
If she was a HF model, it would be acceptable. But this girl is hardly real model material. Pretty, but not model-esque. No one really cares anymore that Carla Bruni, posed naked too, is now married to Sarkozy. Nude pictures can be classy, remind that. But as a future Princess? Not really wanted.

This relationship won't happen or the pictures will be boycotted if Carl-Philip is serious about her.

If this is true, what in the world is Carl Philip thinking? He can do better than a Z-list wannabe star. On one hand, I question if this whole thing is even real since there isn't ONE picture of the two of them together - surely there would be at least ONE. On the other hand though, when the Royal Court was asked about it, they said "no comment", which usually means the don't want to admit something's true.

Honestly, it's getting harder and harder to admire royal families these days because so many of them don't have much class anymore. There have been royals that have married divorcees or people who have already had children with somebody else. Royals that have married former drug users. Then there have been royals who get photographed falling out of clubs drunk or saying stupid things or behaving in general like idiots. Seriously, I sometimes understand why some countries get sick of supporting a monarchy if the people they're supporting aren't conducting themselves in a certain manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom