Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this relationship looks serious...:whistling:

Carl Phillip, having in the memory his previous experience (with Emma) will not delay with the proposal,

Just my opinion.

Carl Philip dating Sofia Hellqvist kind of breaks my heart a little since I adored Emma so much. It just seems like such a contrast, she was sweet & down to earth. Sofia is well known in Sweden for being on a reality show & posing for "risque" pictures. I just don't know how to feel about this.

So this relationship looks serious...:whistling:

Carl Phillip, having in the memory his previous experience (with Emma) will not delay with the proposal,

Just my opinion.
IMO he does not intend to marry her any time soon, if ever. :whistling:
And "if" he accidentaly gets such an idea, there is still King & Queen who would be for sure excited to get such a "nice" daughter-in-law. The situation will of course change when and if there will be a few little kiddos of V&D running around, in that case CP&S would not matter at all and he can do whatever he wants.

Does CP require his fathers permission to marry, or is that just for the heir?

From what I found he need both permission of the King and also of Swedish goverment in order to stay in succesion line.

Emma doesn't seem to have any type of scandal in her past. I'm sure if she did, you would have heard about it over and over again.

Was she and Carl Phillip ever engaged to each other? I'm just curious if they ever were as I don't recall hearing about this but again it's only in the last six months or so that I've been on this forum.

I don't believe they were engaged. I just think they dated at a fairly young age. They could have been perfect couple on the surface and for whatever reason she wasnt The One.

If Sofia is the one it will be interesting to see how it all goes down.

Well, apperantly they all need both the kings and the PMs premission. When Madeleine got engaged the PM just released a statment saying that he had done it. With Victoria he had a happy picture taken.

What does a new car have to do with his relationship?

:previous: Can't blame her. If my husband would get such a car from his employer I would be extremely happy too. :D

I don't think anyone would be unhappy if they got a new car from their employer.

Another sign, that the relationship is getting stronger
Bye Bine

Unless both of them knew the couple prior to meeting each other, then both of them attending the wedding together is an indication that the relationship is not casual.

They've been dating for what, 2 years now? It's going to be serious and not casual.

Too bad... I always thought he was a smart guy but apparently he's not... :ermm: He's not only making himself look like a total douche but he's hurting the monarchy as well. Well, I guess everyone has a right to choose whoever they want but I am so hoping Carl Philip would find someone smart and ditch that dimwit poser. Sorry if I offended anyone but that's how I feel.

Too bad... I always thought he was a smart guy but apparently he's not... :ermm: He's not only making himself look like a total douche but he's hurting the monarchy as well. Well, I guess everyone has a right to choose whoever they want but I am so hoping Carl Philip would find someone smart and ditch that dimwit poser. Sorry if I offended anyone but that's how I feel.

Hi, Catharina. The Swedish Royal Family is the one I tend to follow the most. I wanted to tell you that at least as far as I am concerned, you have no reason to apologize for what you feel/think/believe. YOU do not offend anyone. It is each of us to choose how we feel and/or respond. So if someone is offended, that is about THEM and what they choose and has nothing to do with you. As your opinions seem to match common sense (which, incidentally is not better than any other...it is just the most common), and that would include my own opinion, I would agree overall with what you have posted.

If you spend time reading through this thread, there are several people who believe this relationshp is not a problem. And perhaps it is not. But all evidence (mostly provided by Sofia and CP themselves) suggests that this is not only ill-advised, but could become an even bigger problem as Sofia has positioned herself to be a perennial celebutante in interviews and low-brow television programs telling all her "inside secrets" when the gravy train hits the skids.

I agree...he's acting like a douche bag.

he's hurting the monarchy as well.

How is he hurting the Monarchy?
Back in the 1900s people complained that the gap between the public and the aristocracy was too large. Now people complain the gap is too small.

CP can do what he likes with his life, and if the Swedish public doesn't like it then they should say.

How is he hurting the Monarchy?
Back in the 1900s people complained that the gap between the public and the aristocracy was too large. Now people complain the gap is too small.

CP can do what he likes with his life, and if the Swedish public doesn't like it then they should say.
Judging from the reactions they are saying it, but it's not like CP cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom