Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can, well I can at least compare him to Harry. There are both princes, they have both been through military training, and they both don't do alot.
Only Harry has been to fight in War Zone, William has never and most likely will never go.
Yes he represents his country, but if his family do nothing to help him represent his country, what can he do? For all we know he could ask every single day for extra work and the palace don't give it too him. He has done more work than Princess Madeleine, he represented his country at the Olympics and supported the atheletes. Yes it might be fun, but it's also work.
Now thats an imbalance, comparing the Crown Princess to the second in line to the throne. If Carl-Philip has reason to rush to seattle i'm sure he would rush to seattle.

Lola comparing a 31 year old male second in line to the throne to Princess Anne is odd. She has been around a lot longer, she is the only girl in her family and she is picking up the slack that Edward nor Andrew forfill in there duties. She has the mentality that she is an actual royal. The BRF and the SRF have two very different ideas about being royalty.

Lola comparing a 31 year old male second in line to the throne to Princess Anne is odd. She has been around a lot longer, she is the only girl in her family and she is picking up the slack that Edward nor Andrew forfill in there duties. She has the mentality that she is an actual royal. The BRF and the SRF have two very different ideas about being royalty.

...in the end it does only count, if the Swedes and British also have an different idea ;)
That the king isn´t really open about the spread of his apanage and that his two younger children are not contributing much, might cause huge problems in the future.
Personally I am not seeing a bigger change in the next 10 years. But time will tell.

BTW if Madeleine and Carl Philip wouldn´t be Royals by heart, they could also go without an apanage and work for their money (like e.g. Prince Constantijn)

...in the end it does only count, if the Swedes and British also have an different idea ;)
That the king isn´t really open about the spread of his apanage and that his two younger children are not contributing much, might cause huge problems in the future.
Personally I am not seeing a bigger change in the next 10 years. But time will tell.

BTW if Madeleine and Carl Philip wouldn´t be Royals by heart, they could also go without an apanage and work for their money (like e.g. Prince Constantijn)

Well as far as I can see they do more royal work than Prince Constantijn.
I'm not sure what you mean by your first comment?
It obviously makes a difference because Queen Elizabeth runs her family different to the way King Carl Gustav does.
If he isn't open, it's because he hasn't asked to be open. The British only know about the royal families money, because we asked them about it.
It will obviously change as the years go on, as Victoria takes royals from her father, Madeleine and Carl-Philip will have to pick up the slack from Victoria. Just like the boys have started to do in England.

Have you ever watched "Superprinsen" ?
Well of course this is comedy with some black humor and it is totally exaggerated, but none the less each member got the characteristics which they are basically known for in public or what people think basically (just in a very exaggerated way). It is quite intersting how CP is been presented....

I have not seen the show. How are they represented?

I've never seen the show, but I can imagine if PixieDust is using it as an example of how she views CP. He'll be shown as a spoilt brat.

Well I am not using the show as an example of how I see Prince Carl Philip. I don't need to, I have my very own opinion and I had that before I had seen an episode lately. And, he is not shown as a spoilt brat there exactly, for information. It was just an exmaple and I am not speaking of me. Go to Aftonbladet TV, there you can view all episodes. I only have seen three, but it was enough to get a clue. I just wanted to say that this show is made by Swedish people in Sweden for Sedish viewers. It is crap actually, but still people like it there as it seems and so you can have an idea of how they view their Swedish Royals. Of course in general they like having their Royal Family but if you see it with a bit less humor...mh? I just think something like that would not be made in Britain. I think they would not dare.

I just think something like that would not be made in Britain. I think they would not dare.

That shows the difference in how the monarchy is viewed in Sweden and in Denmark.
There have been lots of shows created about the Royals. And also lots of shows that take the mickey out of the royals. Such as Mock The Week, Have I Got News For You etc. We don't need a show dedicated to how they are viewed, is the british people and i'm sure the swedish people rally didn't like there royals they would say something. :)

Age has everything to do with being naive and stupid. A 12 year old has a different mind friend to a 31 year old don't they?

Very true. But the "men" of this generation tend to be less mature at 31 than in other generations. Just my opinion and experience of course. And one cannot deny that stupidity and naivety are integral parts of some peoples character that won't change much when they grow older. Unfortunately. :whistling:

^^
But really don't you think that he knows what kind of girl she is? He cannot be so naive, if he is with her it's because he likes her, and the pregnancy issue can happen with any woman, he should know that he is a wanted bachelor so he must be careful.

I just don't think that we can say that he is naive and that the poor girl has enchanted him with an evil spell :wizard: :lol:

If you are with a person you must like that person for some reason, whatever that reason is?!

Yes, it can happen with any woman, the question remains: calculated or not. I think there is a difference. I am not saying Sofia is evil, I am just saying she seems to be very smart on what she is doing and the way she is doing it. And he might not see this because she is blinding him with..her looks, her "sweetness"...whatever that may be.

If he likes her, why does he still hide then? No way it is about protecting her from the press. He obviously does not want to be seen with her. That is the thing that I don't understand. If I like someone, I don't care what others are thinking. That does not even have to do with "I love you"s. He is not doing her a favour (or himself) if he still leaves nothing but speculation. The press starts to make up things worse than what they are. They make their own stories and photos are more interesting if something remains a secret than if they are not so spectacular. Why does Carl Philip say (or he said a few weeks ago) he was single when he is not. If I were Sofia, I actually would go mad with him because it would hurt me.
Of course we don't know what both agreed but just from the outside looking at this situation..it does not put him in a good light or the Royal Family. If you read posts on articles...well, a lot of people are not amused at all.

^^
But really don't you think that he knows what kind of girl she is? He cannot be so naive, if he is with her it's because he likes her, and the pregnancy issue can happen with any woman, he should know that he is a wanted bachelor so he must be careful.

I just don't think that we can say that he is naive and that the poor girl has enchanted him with an evil spell :wizard: :lol:

:lol: I agree with you as I surely don't believe that either. And yes, I also think that Carl Philip knows that he's a wanted bachelor... At least, he should know it as you said.

Why is it so inconceivale that he is concealing her from what the press would do to her?
If it is anything like, the treatment she has been given in this forum, i'd want to say hidden. Maybe they haven't decided they haven't decided on being a couple yet, they are just seeing each other?
How do you know that she hasn't gone mad with him? On the other hand how do you know that they haven't both decided on how they are going to act with the press?

Why is it so inconceivale that he is concealing her from what the press would do to her?
If it is anything like, the treatment she has been given in this forum, i'd want to say hidden. Maybe they haven't decided they haven't decided on being a couple yet, they are just seeing each other?
How do you know that she hasn't gone mad with him? On the other hand how do you know that they haven't both decided on how they are going to act with the press?

I agree with you, but press attention is no stranger to Sofia. She was a contestant on the reality show Paradise Hotel and a Slitz centerfold; whether she did these more for money or for attention or fame, I don't know.

I also agree that there is a lot of rage in this forum. :ermm:

If you are with a person you must like that person for some reason, whatever that reason is?!

Y
If he likes her, why does he still hide then? No way it is about protecting her from the press. He obviously does not want to be seen with her. That is the thing that I don't understand. If I like someone, I don't care what others are thinking. That does not even have to do with "I love you"s. He is not doing her a favour (or himself) if he still leaves nothing but speculation. The press starts to make up things worse than what they are. They make their own stories and photos are more interesting if something remains a secret than if they are not so spectacular. Why does Carl Philip say (or he said a few weeks ago) he was single when he is not. If I were Sofia, I actually would go mad with him because it would hurt me.
Of course we don't know what both agreed but just from the outside looking at this situation..it does not put him in a good light or the Royal Family. If you read posts on articles...well, a lot of people are not amused at all.
Perhaps, the prince is a private person, and does not want the public to be involved in his private life. How long did it take for the CP Victoria to call Daniel her boyfriend, or Haakon and MM? If he declares her as his girlfriend, then the press/public will play the "marriage game". It's all speculation really, but I don't think he is ashamed of being with Sofia. We private citizens can be quite loud about shouting out our loved ones' names, but royalty is quite more jealous of their personal life. An example would be the CP couple of Belgium's surprise engagement. If he does become public with Sofia, and if his relationship is serious; I think he would probably give up his rights. The prince just seems to still be discovering what his passions in life are in regards to career and direction; ie still in school, like he is still in his early 20's. Perhaps he feels he can connect with his lady that way, as she is 25 no?

Well I did not want to start any rage, I am sorry. I just wanted to say what my opinion is.

Well let us see what the future will bring. It is just when I look at Sofia my stomach tells me that she is not honest with Prince Carl Philip. I never said he was spoiled. He maybe is. I don't know him, I can't know. And I am afraid he is giving away too much of his time to her so she can get what she wants.
I hope for him that he will find the "right" one soon.
That is my personal opinion.

I think we should remember that most men mature after the age of 40. A 31 year old man can be immature in some ways. We all know women mature much faster than men. I agree. I think Carl Philip has it too easy sometimes. He needs to actively DO something without it extending from the royal court. Carls actions with Sofia is making me rethink the Swedish royal family as a whole. Even 35% of Swedes are already in favor of abolishing the monarchy. If Carl Philip doesn't stop, it just might happen.

You can't compare Madeleine with Carl. Even though Madeleine did only 3 duties this year, she still works in the office from 9 to 5 almost everyday. To me, I think Carl Philip hides behind school. He could be doing other things, but he hides behind school til it's time for racing season. I think he's looking for that "purpose" in life. When he finds it, we all will see a difference. I think he's searching, trying to find his mold in life. Somebody dubbed him the "party prince". It's almost too late in his life to be dubbed that. He should have been Mr. Party Prince a few years ago, not now.

Please do not compare Carl with Harry. What Harry does for the people of Africa should win him an award. Harry made a foundation to benifit the poor. He goes to Africa all the time. Harry has that kind of heart. Now I think it's time for Carl Philip to wisen up, be a man and HELP this world in some small way.

Sofia has her own charity in Africa. Maybe he will become involved in it.

See, things like this make me not know what to think about Sofia. At times I think that she just made some off-color career moves, but as I stated in this thread previously, she was not involved with this charity until after she met Prince Carl Philip. I don't want to think that she's a cold and calculating woman, but things like this make me frown.

See, things like this make me not know what to think about Sofia. At times I think that she just made some off-color career moves, but as I stated in this thread previously, she was not involved with this charity until after she met Prince Carl Philip. I don't want to think that she's a cold and calculating woman, but things like this make me frown.

I read that she started this after she met Carl. If she did then that could only mean one thing. But I would hate to think she did that for her own personal reasons.

I am sorry but I have to comment on that I can't refuse. Sofias charity in Africa was only made up for being with Carl Philip and nothing else will convince me from that!
Her website is more than badly made, I have seen way better ones including more information and updates. She started with her work in Africa when whe was starting to see CP (to present some nice image at least). And as far as I know since December (since she was holding hands with CP) there is no update any more. What about her work now? If she is doing honest charity, then she should have continued by now and going wild on her own website.
Then, her website contained many pictures that showed HER with kids. Honest charity does not need oneself in photos kuddling with children.
To be honest, I did not want to start on that but ...I really makes me angry seeing this. I have friends who do charity work in USA and there is in fact so much more what you can do. If she was really so urgently in that project she would already have asked CP to join her or give his name, regardless if they are a couple or not.
I want to point out that this quote is not by myself but someone said in post on an articel "Sofia is using poor children in Africa to become Carl Philips girlfriend and Princess". I think she is just doing this for her own image, not for the cause. (that is one reason why I have such a bad stomach feeling about her besides the Twitter post)
You can post whatever you like I will stick to this because I am convinced it is that way. When the press points out her "charity work" as her positive site, then it just shows that it pays off for her. She is with CP now (regardless if they are close lovers) and suddenly there is silence about her Africa work..(???) Sorry!!!
IMO one should not cheat on charity work. It is not just about Sofia but I am also mad at many Hollywood Celebrities who you can only see doing charity when some new movie comes out or something...self-promotion..that is so sick.

What? really? So her charity was started after eh? Well that makes me think; but how long before was she planning it? I would have to think one doesn't just wake up and say, "oh today I will start my own charity", and by the next day they are in Arica. well, it's possible but unlikely. So maybe, she has been changing from modelling to charity work since before meeting the prince, and maybe, that's something that he thought was a positive thing on her. I just really don't think she started this charity because of the prince.

It is reported that they met before he seperated from Emma and started seeing each other in summer 2009 (which makes their "relationship" almost last a year by now). During the weeks in summer and in fall they started to see each other more often. This seems to be not made up by the press because these reports were given by friends of both parties it is said.
The way her Charity project is being presented shows it could well be she started it out of nowhere.
For example: I can call a Foundation today and offer them to go some place to start a project with some of their help. If they have some projects on paper it might go very fast to do so. Maybe she just stepped in doing that project that was already prepared...who knows...it is just too strange to me. After all..still,why does she not continue? She does not seem too busy, doesn't she?!
I really don't want to make her look bad, I just try to see things as they are.
This is what I mean, if one does things smartly, plans well, people could fall for it. In the case I was right, no way she could become Princess. Carl Philip could be with her if he does not mind but then he should not call himself Prince any longer.

In the case I was right, no way she could become Princess. Carl Philip could be with her if he does not mind but then he should not call himself Prince any longer.[/QUOTE]
I think he would probably give up his rights to the throne if he chooses to marry someone everybody disapproves of. His sister has worked very hard to be an inmense asset to Sweden; she's a hard worker, always a smile on her face, very similar to the queen's work and personal ethic. I don't think he would ever do anything to jeopardize his family's popularity.
I am still in both ways about Sofia though; if she really did do things to make herself look good by using charity work then ugh! But I guess we'll never know. If someone I was dating stated publicly that he was single without my approval then I would break up with him, b/c that would be a low blow and show me his real personality. If he and I had discussed beforehand it would be to our best interests to go on the "I'm single" line, then well...

Thank you for the article. But to read that she will build up her own organization helping children and women (now that she gets more and more close with Carl Philip) is even so not a big surprise to me. Chartiy work as for becoming Princess always looks good, doesn't it? To me she is still doing everything she can possibly do to make Carl Philip choose her for wife. It is about that and not about charity.
I would be really surprised is she did work hard on her projects, even after Carl Philip would perhaps seperate from her. I really doubt.

Is that her purse he's carrying? She can carry it herself. She looks really proud in the pictures to me. I'm getting a "Hey, I'm with a prince!" sort of vibe from her. I have no ill-will toward Sofia, but I just can't picture him being with her for long. He would have to give up his title. I'm sure the Swedish people will be adamant about that. I'm hearing they met before he broke up with Emma, then did she come between he and Emma's relationship? I hope not. Sounds to me like she's trying to move in. Shopping at supermarkets, stores, etc. But like I always say, he's most likely just living out his male fantasies with her.

Why exactly, when theres a girl with a tainted past, she's compared to Mette-Marit? All I know of MM is that she had a child out of wedlock. One can hardly dismiss her for that. Unless there's more that I don't know about.

Yes, but the father is a convicted drug addict, and I think that she went to some tv programme to look for a boyfriend, and maybe there were some videos not very nice; there is a similar case when Friso married Mabel but in that instance the prince lost his rights of succession to the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom