Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone brings up the past all the time. Especially the women that male royals have become involved with. You rarely hear about Koo Starke anymore (as these women age you will hear less about them) as the younger ones take their place.

It would be quite interesting what history will say about Sofia when she is middle age. I think most likely people will look back at this and wonder what the fuss was all about as they seemed to have done this with Koo Starke.

Sofia is the forbidden fruit. I would have to wonder where the relationship would go if the King and Queen and the entire family embraced her or encouraged Prince Carl Phillip to bring Sofia to family events, social events or invited her to dine with them on Sunday afternoon. I have the feeling the relationship would go South very quickly and soon the relationship would be over

Last edited:
nascarlucy said:
Someone brings up the past all the time. Especially the women that male royals have become involved with. You rarely hear about Koo Starke anymore (as these women age you will hear less about them) as the younger ones take their place.

It would be quite interesting what history will say about Sofia when she is middle age. I think most likely people will look back at this and wonder what the fuss was all about as they seemed to have done this with Koo Starke.

Unless they get married.

In regards to the comparisons between Sofia and MM, Camilla, Diana, et.al., aside from the inappropriate photos....this IMO is more about chasing fame. None of the royal ladies to my knowledge sought media attention prior to their relationships with the CP's of their countries. Diana's manipulation/use of the media to forward her own agenda came later and after her marriage. Regardless of how they adapted and performed thus far in their roles, none of these women is what many here in the US refer to as "fame-whores". Sofia, on the other hand, has lived her life trying to be famous, known, a celebrity, etc. MM and Camilla now have to face the consequences of the choices they made before their relationships, just like Sofia does. Their choices/actions were not something done to further their ambitions for fame and notoriety. Sofia doesn't seem to regret her actions because they achieved her goal of becoming somewhat famous. Her regrets seem to stem from embarassment and fear that her latest fame game may fall apart because of how inappropriate those actions are/were.

Overall, I don't believe she is actually that worried. Either way she still ends up famous and even if it all does "fall apart" I have no doubt she will be writing a tell-all, guest commentating on television for royal events, etc.

For Carl-Philip to not understand or choose to ignore this indicates a level of selfishness, unprofessionalism, and lack of character that is disappointing.

I agree with this. The main point is not having a past, it is the way one deals with this past. Mette-Marit has become a very dignified women, worth to be trusted and she is a much more interesting person by now. Camilla has become a devoted step-mother to Diana's children. Sofia doesn't strike me like someone who has taken a very different turn. If she marries CP I will maybe warm to her as I did for Camilla but now I don't like what is given to be seen from her.

Carl Philip and Sofia have moved to their new home, a five bedroom apartment in an exclusive villa on the island of Djurgården. A few days ago Aftonbladet met the couple outside the house and Sofia told how well they thrive.
Hovbloggen

Sofia sure does seem to enjoy being in the press. :whistling:

If they break up all I can say is Prince Carl Phillip entire life will be known by the public especially if the breakup is bad or they parted on bad terms. She will tell and reveal every detail of their life together (she has no shame and wouldn't care about the fallout). He'd better keep that in mind because he is the one who would end up being hurt by it.

nascarlucy said:
If they break up all I can say is Prince Carl Phillip entire life will be known by the public especially if the breakup is bad or they parted on bad terms. She will tell and reveal every detail of their life together (she has no shame and wouldn't care about the fallout). He'd better keep that in mind because he is the one who would end up being hurt by it.

It would be all fine and good if he was the only one to get hurt by a breakup (or the continuation of this current relationship) but in all royal families, the entire monarchy suffers from these what-ifs. I feel sorry for CP Victoria since she deserves to be Queen one day, and it seems her entire family (excluding Daniel) is allowing that to become less and less of a chance.

when I read this it gets me sick to the stomach and I recall a recent Dr phil show, why men are attracted to bad girls...:eek:

But if it comes to that, staying with her just to prevent this is also not a solution. In the light of the current problems which SRF is facing, Sofia is becoming less of a problem, although she's certainly not adding any good points to them.

I agree with American Dane that the whole family, excluding Victoria & Daniel is working on Carl Gustaf being the last reigning swedish monarch. With this trend it's just a question of how much more and how long can the swedes bear it.

I agree with American Dane that the whole family, excluding Victoria & Daniel is working on Carl Gustaf being the last reigning swedish monarch. With this trend it's just a question of how much more and how long can the swedes bear it.
What are the King, Queen and Madeleine doing that it is so bad?

Daphoenyx said:
What are the King, Queen and Madeleine doing that it is so bad?

The King has been swamped by sex scandals and accusations of ties to mafia-like characters. The Queen hasn't really done anything but her father's involvement in the Nazi regime is recently being closely scrutinized though why it's happening after so many years I don't know. Madeleine has been living in New York since her broken engagement while some feel that she should be doing some work for the family in Sweden.

I do feel sorry for Victoria and hope that she and Daniel plan to have a child soon. There's been too much bad news for the SRF but it's been partly of their own making.

If you look at the schedule of events for the royal family, you will find very, very few for either Madeleine or Carl Philip. That's because they are not paid by the government to represent Sweden. Only the king and CP Victoria have "households" from which they are expected to live, provide for their families and represent Sweden both at home and abroad.

Madeleine and CP receive their money from the king's household. Until he decides he is tired of supporting them, they will continue to receive whatever he chooses them to have.

This is the reason Madeleine may very well marry her American boyfriend. He is a millionaire and comes from a wealthy family. She could continue to enjoy the lifestyle to which she has grown accustomed.

As for CP, who knows? Maybe he will actually make his living from racing, if he doesn't kill himself first.

Last edited:

I was thinking the same thing. She strikes me as they type to write a tell-all and hustle it off to the highest bidder if she is given the definitive heave-ho by Prince C-P or the SRF.

One thing for sure, I doubt she will go into quiet seclusion and refuse to talk to the press like Kate Middleton did during her separation from Prince William.

Last edited:

You better believe it. If CP breaks up with her down the road, she will be on the mountain tops shouting every intimate detail of her time with him for publicity. And Carl Philip will have no one to blame but himself. I remember when they first starting seeing each other that Sofia said on Twitter (I don't know if she still has an account), "I'll tell you a secret - I'm dating the prince!" If that doesn't say "name dropper" and caution you to look out, then I dont' know what will.:whistling:

You better believe it. If CP breaks up with her down the road, she will be on the mountain tops shouting every intimate detail of her time with him for publicity. And Carl Philip will have no one to blame but himself. I remember when they first starting seeing each other that Sofia said on Twitter (I don't know if she still has an account), "I'll tell you a secret - I'm dating the prince!" If that doesn't say "name dropper" and caution you to look out, then I dont' know what will.:whistling:

You are making such a big assumption about this girl it's laughable. Can't you see the little bit of good in people? You make it out to be a two bit wh**e who's being used by CP for attention.

She posted...what..on Twitter?!:ohmy:

I think I am going to be sick.

Good luck, Sweden.:sad:

Gossip and hunting

I was thinking the same thing. She strikes me as they type to write a tell-all and hustle it off to the highest bidder if she is given the definitive heave-ho by Prince C-P or the SRF.

One thing for sure, I doubt she will go into quiet seclusion and refuse to talk to the press like Kate Middleton did during her separation from Prince William.

CP and Sofia - do or not?! What??? This is a mixture of gossip, bitch, hunting zeal, personal vanity, the joy of seeing a story that rolls in every day with new rides. It's every journalist's wet dream to find something you can bite fangs in. The drive has received blood scent and will, as I said, do not stop until the prey is felled.

She posted...what..on Twitter?!:ohmy:

I think I am going to be sick.

Good luck, Sweden.:sad:

Yep, back in around November 2009 (before the public knew about her thing with CP), she had a Twitter account and wrote, "Want to know a secret? I'm dating the prince!" I don't know if she still has a Twitter (probably not), but when I read that I automatically thought fame-hungry (not to mention all her past activities). Why was there a need for her write that unless she wanted attention?

You are making such a big assumption about this girl it's laughable. Can't you see the little bit of good in people? You make it out to be a two bit wh**e who's being used by CP for attention.

I do try to see the good in people, but I've listed my reasons many a time in the past on this board why I don't care for this woman. I don't like her, plain and simple. But if CP wants to be with her, well, we all make our own choices...

O.K you all are going to have to be use to sofia i have a feeling another royal wedding is coming soon. honestly look at all this new bride like Kate,charlene, sofia fix right in, so what about her past we all know all it is going to be be in a past after the news of the marriage also honesty look at the new bride kate no serious job, charlene give her swimming to follow albert around the work whatever !!!, why not sofia i am not a huge support of her past but look at all these new princesss expect mary,maxiam,etc that i have so much respect and hope for but i cannot compare them to this newbie girls( sofia,kate,charlene). eventhough they are a lot of people that are angry this but no one can do anything to change this, we all have to watch each monarch unfold wheather it life through it or not, no need to stress out about it........:ermm:

SpeedDial said:
Yep, back in around November 2009 (before the public knew about her thing with CP), she had a Twitter account and wrote, "Want to know a secret? I'm dating the prince!" I don't know if she still has a Twitter (probably not), but when I read that I automatically thought fame-hungry (not to mention all her past activities). Why was there a need for her write that unless she wanted attention?

No she quickly deleted her twitter account right after she posted that message. If that isn't fame hungry then I don't know what it is.

One thing is for sure, if the monarchy is abolished Sofia will be out of the relationship like a whirlwind. If cp doesn't have an official role, like the Duke of York and Earl of Wessex, why doesn't he pursue a career, like the Dutch princes and come to the formal functions, and get along with their lives

I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day" every time I drop by here. Sometimes I can't stop shaking my head in agony about what's written here, but most of the times I'm just laughing about all this blablabla. :ROFLMAO:

Let's face it girls. It's not us who decide on this matter. It's CP and Sofia and whatever they decide we have to live with. No matter if we like it or not. We just have to live with it or ignore it if they make a final decision we don't like. Which in my case would be a permanent break up. ;)

You all may be right. She can't change the past, but she can change her future. And honestly I admire people who can honestly say "I made a few bad decisions when I was young, but I recognized it and worked to change for the better.". Those people are way better than people who say "OK, I made a few bad decisions when I was young and that's it. My life is over. Why don't I go and shoot myself and free the world of my pathetic life?". Because people who can change are able to see own flaws and get rid of them. :bangin: Which means, they're human and no robots.

We don't know yet to which group of people Sofia belongs. She could belong to the latter, but there are more hints to the former IMO. Because since she openly dates CP there haven't been any scandals involving her. IMO it looks like she wants to change and if she does it only to be a good girlfriend for CP (like most of you think) then why see it negativ? I think, she knows what she owes to CP. And she's doing a good job so far. :)

Some people say they made a mistake, just to please people into thi nking that they have really changed...It dosen't always come from a place of soul wrenching honesty

this is my opinion....but of course she isnt going to do anything rash that might jeopardize her relationship with carlp

Some people say they made a mistake, just to please people into thi nking that they have really changed...It dosen't always come from a place of soul wrenching honesty

Some people do, some don't. But who are we to judge to which gruop of people Sofia belongs? We don't know her personally.

Some people do, some don't. But who are we to judge to which gruop of people Sofia belongs? We don't know her personally.

If members are only to judge people they know personally TRF can be closed down immediately. Its a message board where opinions are exchanged, not the ultimate guardian of truth.

Somehow, the feeling of the majority of people who read and particiapte in these boards is bad regarding Sofia. Not that any of us know her personally, and I'm sure there is the issue of jealousy, but she was not a discreet or respectable person in general. The level of negativity is nothing in comparison to the level aimed at any other girlfriend of a royal. The reason being imho, is that we want to look up to our royals as being better people, of a higher than average standard, if not proffesionaly, then most certainly personally, and I am sorry, but the way Sofia behaves, looks etc, just doesn't seem to give that impression. Say what you want, but ask the middle class westerner, and they will all display distaste for Sofia and the likes of her.

If members are only to judge people they know personally TRF can be closed down immediately. Its a message board where opinions are exchanged, not the ultimate guardian of truth.

Maybe the members of TRF (and forums in general) should better start to discuss people and not judge them. Discussing is okay, judging is not okay. But unfortunatley most of the time Sofia is being judged here and not fairly discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom