Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expressen Extra
Carl Philip and friends supporting her - The crisis of Sofia - She is feeling bad

Hmmmm....this is the first time I have ever seen a clear photo of her teeth...I was wondering what all the comment was about, and now I see. Yikes!:eek:

It's rather unusual for a pretty girl who is a model and an actress to have raggedy teeth like that...if she gets them corrected soon, I suppose we will know the Royal romance is serious!:lol:

Hmmmm....this is the first time I have ever seen a clear photo of her teeth...I was wondering what all the comment was about, and now I see. Yikes!:eek:

It's rather unusual for a pretty girl who is a model and an actress to have raggedy teeth like that...if she gets them corrected soon, I suppose we will know the Royal romance is serious!:lol:

:lol:Pretty funny.
It's really not that much money...she should borrow the money from CP. She should be willing to do anything to get them done.

In regards to her looks (cause I am not exactly feeling this relationship not that CP cares what Zonk thinks) if she is fine with her teeth she should leave them alone. IF she changes them she should fix them because she wants to.

Goodness knows we will hear the same things about Sofia that Charlene was accused of. Changing herself to suit her Prince.

:lol:Pretty funny.
It's really not that much money...she should borrow the money from CP. She should be willing to do anything to get them done.

I wa just kidding with this post.
But I do think we should all aim for healthy good-looking teeth...if we can.

Well over here in Europe people sometimes just have the teeth nature gave them... They might not look perfect but can still be perfectly healthy. I noticed during the recent wedding that Prince Daniel still has the natural tone of his teeth, while his wife's are brilliantly white. I wonder how long he is going to hold on this part of his personality.
But Sofias teeth are indeed very unusual for a model. Maybe she is afraid of dentists? I could relate to that!

What's wrong with her teeth? They're neither black (because they're unhealthy) nor yellow (because of to much coffee and/or cigarettes). There may be a few gaps here and there and not all of them are exactly as long as the other, but they look perfectly healthy and natural to me. IMO the little gap between her front teeth just makes her smile all the more charming. And a little mischievous. I don't like all those perfectly accurate smile-teeth a la Hollywood, because that's just not normal.

My my, people are criticising this girl for being a model and a money grabber and fake.
Yet when you see her teeth as normal, they get criticised as well.
What is this girl supposed to do.
Same with Charlene Wittstock, she has changed because she will be the Princess of Monaco next year, and she is criticised for this for some reason, yet when she looks natural no make-up, etc people say she looks ugly.

I can see the mediaoffensive starting, but also the outright hatred for the thought of having to call Sofia princess. There is talk about people wanting to throw eggs at her if they marry etc

My my, people are criticising this girl for being a model and a money grabber and fake.
Yet when you see her teeth as normal, they get criticised as well.
What is this girl supposed to do.
Same with Charlene Wittstock, she has changed because she will be the Princess of Monaco next year, and she is criticised for this for some reason, yet when she looks natural no make-up, etc people say she looks ugly.

CW got her crooked, nicotine stained chompers fixed and I for one am happy she did, she looks smashing now with or without makeup!

Princesses should not have jagged/uneven teeth and neither should actresses and models in my opinion...this is the 21st century!

:previous:
Why shouldn't they? Does it mean that 21st century people only focus on physical appearance? I am not. Hope there are lots like me otherwise it's just a shame to judge people on their crooked teeth!
As far as I know princesses are not models nor actresses neither. This is why I have some great doubts about Sofia. Girls who have done reality TVs, or have posed naked only do it for one and only thing: FAME. I don't think that it is suitable for Carl Philip, but again it's his life, his choice.

Yes, when you are a model, a princess or otherwise a representative or public person, it is about your physical appearance nowadays. If we like it or not, it is, this seems to be an optical period. When a company hires a salesman they will go for the one with the better looks if there are two with equal records otherwise. In the case of Sophia the teeth show the kind of model she is: she is showing her body, mainly.
I read somewhere else that there are people of blue blood (not of actual reignin royal families) who look down on the swedish RF because they find them not blue blooded enough and rather common. I understand that there are blue blooded families around, lesser in rank and in the public eye, but older who would never marry outside of their circles. The question remains, how much common does it take before they become common. Would you curtsy for Sophia? I would not!

I read somewhere else that there are people of blue blood (not of actual reignin royal families) who look down on the swedish RF because they find them not blue blooded enough and rather common. I understand that there are blue blooded families around, lesser in rank and in the public eye, but older who would never marry outside of their circles!

And Philip II is a prime example of why this isnt such a good idea. The habsburg inbreading is another example of why new blood is needed from time to time.

Another aspect is this. Now the royal families of the Scandinavian nations are wery close since they are closely related. If the respective royals continue to choose mates from outside the royal families then that bond will not exist around 2110

Today I saw in Svenskdamtidning facts about Sofia and I was very suprised. She and I have more in comman that I thougt. We share the same birthday 6th of December she 1984 and I 1971, We both lived in the same surban outside Stockholm as kids Täby, we both moved to Dalarna when we still were in School. But she was better than me in School she had in every subject A and B accept in Math they didn´t wrote that in the article

:previous:
Why shouldn't they? Does it mean that 21st century people only focus on physical appearance? I am not. Hope there are lots like me otherwise it's just a shame to judge people on their crooked teeth!
As far as I know princesses are not models nor actresses neither. This is why I have some great doubts about Sofia. Girls who have done reality TVs, or have posed naked only do it for one and only thing: FAME. I don't think that it is suitable for Carl Philip, but again it's his life, his choice.

Beyond the fact that it is unattractive, it sets a bad example and it is unnecessary...these people have access to the best dental care available.

For an actress or model good dental hygiene is or should be a must for obvious reasons, and ditto for someone who is representating her country.

It isn't always just about vanity.

No, I would not curtsy for Daniel, not even for his wife. Too swiss I suppose. But I do respect Daniel, because he got himself a Business, worked hard, has some success and gave it up to support his wife. I do not respect Sophia. But when I think about it, I don't respect Madeleine or Carl Philip neither. They did not make much of their lives so far either.

No, I would not curtsy for Daniel, not even for his wife. Too swiss I suppose. But I do respect Daniel, because he got himself a Business, worked hard, has some success and gave it up to support his wife. I do not respect Sophia. But when I think about it, I don't respect Madeleine or Carl Philip neither. They did not make much of their lives so far either.

I totally agree! Why blaming Sofia for doing nothing serious, when CP and Madeleine are not hardworking people!

I would curtsy for CP Victoria, Prince Daniel and anyone who is a member of the Swedish Royal Family or who has been accepted into the Swedish Royal Family. It would be disrespectful to them if you didn't. It would also be bad manners as well. Someone who did this would be remembered by all for a very long time. This person would look very bad. If I were them, I would remember if for a very very long time. That's the Irish in me, as people would say.

I don't know Nascarlucy. Here in Switzerland many royals spend their holidays, and I really would not expect the ski-trainer or waitress who serves Prince Charles to curtsy. He has a reputation of hating the press but is otherwise well liked in Klosters. Nor the people in St. Moritz who work for the Dutch RF or run into them on the streets. And it seems that a lot of prominent people like the discreet and normal way they are met with here.
What I read some where but cannot find anymore, is that Magdalena Ribbing who does not curtsy anymore to them, on official occasions. I don't know how important she is in Sweden.

well... if Carl Philip loves Sofia we cannot do anything against it. I hope he will be happy.

It's so annoying to see how you can't post anything without someone taking it to heart and saying you don't like the person. I don't think anyone is bashing Sophia or judging her because of her appearance. I'm sure most of the posters want her to be herself and look as natural as possible, but whether we like it or not, when someone is in the public light they must make an effort to look highly presentable. Even if they don't want too, they should. I'm not saying someone who's in the public eye should go overboard and have botox or a bunch of surgeries, but they should make themselves look the part.

Nothing is wrong with having teeth fixed. I think if someones teeth needs fixing (and if they have the money) they should fix it! I don't see the big deal with that. Society demands certain things...and one of them is that the person who is in the public eye should look the part or in other words they should have their teeth fixed, etc. I think as adults we need to look between the lines and stop thinking certain posters are against Sophia. The sad thing about this whole situation is that if Sophia wants to survive in the public eye she has to do and change certain things or she will be torn apart. Good thing she's not in the U.S. or she would be.

If Sophia is okay with her teeth then she shouldn't fix them...that's her decision. But now that she's been made public, people have a lot to say about her. No one can help that. It's sad but it's a certain fact that there's a price for having a certain amount of fame.

I agree, CrownPrincess5. I'm definitely in the "Sofia is a fame-chaser" camp, but that has no relevance on whether or not she is a nice person, a gold-digger, is smart or stupid, etc.

The issue of her appearance was best addressed in a post earlier about the "type" of model she is. If her height had not prevented her from being a "respectable" model (if there is such a thing), her teeth surely do. And so, she took her under 5'9'' body, got her breast implants, and became the only kind of model she could - semi-erotic men's magazine pinup. But IMO she does not have beautiful facial features (nice eyes but that's about it) and her teeth are imperfect to the point of distraction.

She and CP may be perfectly happy with her teeth. But anyone who judges people for criticizing Sofia's teeth seem to be very quiet when posters address Queen Margrethe II's severely yellowed horse teeth or when someone occasionally addresses Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's weight. And why aren't they defending Infanta Elena when postings write about how homely she is? Is Sofia better than any of these women?

But now that she's been made public, people have a lot to say about her. No one can help that. It's sad but it's a certain fact that there's a price for having a certain amount of fame.

In addition, Sofia was not "made public". She chose to be a public figure when she chose to pose for photographs for a men's magazine. She chose to be a public figure when she chose to participate in a reality television program. And she chose to be a public figure when she chose to date a public figure.

I'm not in the "throw eggs at her on her wedding day" camp, but nothing that has been said about her teeth is wrong. They are very natural. They are also very unattractive. She should either fix them or be strong-willed enough to handle the criticism.

***At the risk of presenting a double standard, I do believe that if Sofia had been a waitress, economist, real estate agent, teacher, or some other "private" profession, there would be less concern and comment about her appearance. In addition, it wasn't dating a prince that brought on the criticism, but when she chose to portray herself as a "model" and "sexually alluring" with the types of pictures and programs she participated in, that she opened herself up for judgement.

Since Americans don't always follow proper protocol, I was always told that if you encountered a royal in a situation where you would be introduced to them or be in a situation where you would be talking with them to curtsy as a sign of respect. You wouldn't have to do it repeatedly after that. I guess the best thing would be to watch what others in Sweden do or observe what others are doing and following along then. Or it you don't know, ask someone.

Yes! If she is Sofia, Princess of Sweden, I would curtsy for her. Even if I don't exactly know how but I would do my best.
As a U.S. citizen, I would not curtsy to her or to any royal. I would shake her hand, maybe, as I would any person whom I meet

Since I don't know what Sofia's dental history is or whether or not she has dental problems, I'm not going to judge her. In my case to look at me you wouldn't know that if order to fix the dental problems that I have, one would have to have several major surgeries on the jaw (to realign it), the gums, and the teeth size would have to be modified. I'm an adult who has the mouth size of a 5 year old. Most people thought only minor surgery would fix the problems. So did I and I was shocked.

To look at me, a layperson would never notice this. A dentist would. A lot of people that have the problems I've had wouldn't go to the dentist on a regular basis, but for me it's necessary. The surgery to fix my problem is not necessary. Even if I had the money to have it done, I don't know it I would because of what it involves. Only if my health or life was endangered would I have this done.

As a U.S. citizen, I would not curtsy to her or to any royal. I would shake her hand, maybe, as I would any person whom I meet

This has nothing to do with nationality but with respect. And I don't mean respect for the person in the first place but respect for what she (or he) is representating.

I would for sure not curtsy for any royal if I would stumple over them during sightseeing in Stockholm, London, Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam, etc, but if I would meet them during an official occasion where others curtsy for them I would do it, too. No matter if it's Queen Elisabeth, Maxima of the Netherlands, Felipe of Spain or a hypothetical Sofia of Sweden.

But to be completely honest: I would never curtsy for Ernst August of Hannover even if he's from my own country, because I can't take this man seriously. He's just :bang: ;)

Same here.
I would shake their hand and maybe nod my head. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom