The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
SpeedDial's talking about Sophia.
Correct.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

If that friend article is indeed true, then I don't like the fact that she scouted CP out and waited for the right time to pounce.
Sounds like a gold-digger to me.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Serene Highness

Exactly. How reliable is Svenskdam (or that particular reporter)?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

Actually, having read the English translation, it said she liked him because she found him 'cute' and 'nice' which I guess could be a reason to 'scout' someone even if they weren't a prince. This could be just a friend (or 'friend') of hers trying to gain something.

On the other hand, the whole thing about her 'knowing what she wants' about being a princess bothers me a little, if it's true.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Exactly. How reliable is Svenskdam (or that particular reporter)?
Svenskdam seems reliable to me.
They don't really bash royals like that. When it comes down to it, I guess only a Swedish person will know how reliable they are.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Commoner

I afraid Sophia do not love Carl Philip. The main thing is his money and title. Many girls want to be princess, living in palace, have much money and do not work.

It is the opposite worlds - his and her, he is intelligent boy from intelligent family, but she is glamour girl (model with many nude photos in internet).

When he understand it, it be sad time for him. Many rich man think girls love them, but it is not true. It is the bad side of the successful man.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

But they do work, every Princess works very hard to be a good Princess and show that their country deserves them.
You have no idea that Sofia is just after his money, but they relationship has been going on for a year, surely CP would have figured it out by now.

Also, you have no idea how intelligent she is, have you ever met her? Just because she has been a glamour model, does not in any way she is not intelligent.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:02 AM
Courtier

Both CP and Madeleine seem, in contrast to Victoria, to have a faible for the "wrong" boy-/girlfriend. I believe there must be some reason to it: Maybe they always knew that they are much better looking than Victoria plus they have/had much more time to play around with friends without taking things too serious. They seem to range in circles where they obviously can´t find a proper partner. I also could imagine that they in the beginning made secretely fun about Daniel because of him being just a fitnesstrainer whereas Madeleine f.i. was together with that snobby lawyer Jonas. Victoria was from all the beginning fully aware that one day she had to marry the "right one" and that it made no good impression if she as well had tried with a lot of different boyfriends to find out who fits her best. Once she came to know Daniel he was the one and only. Maybe CP doesn´t care about what people think after now that Victoria is married he doesn´t count to become the heir of the throne anymore.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia26 View Post
Many rich man think girls love them, but it is not true. It is the bad side of the successful man.
and many women think the men love them but it's not true. Wealthy men are well known for chasing leggy models with big boobs. I've no sympathy.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Aristocracy

or maybe he is just acting like a normal guy would...i mean he just came out of a longterm relationship...dont think he wants another one ..although he is getting up there in age...but i do hope that he finds someone who truly loves him for him....and vice versa...i would want that for anyone!!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Gentry

of course sooner or later CP will find girl or women who really will love him coz love for money or status that he have can't be forever!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
and many women think the men love them but it's not true. Wealthy men are well known for chasing leggy models with big boobs. I've no sympathy.
Agree! 100%. I wish they would both come out and speak publicy about their relationship. Although, it is a private matter so why should they? Anyway didnt the prince come out and say he didn't have a girlfirend back in March?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see nothing wrong with a woman "scouting" out a man, and vice versa. I've done it myself. HOWEVER, C-P has to exert some prudence when it comes to liasons. In the old days (50s, 60s), the press/media did not hound royalty as they now do. News of weddings, deaths and births were announced, but the private/potentially embarrassing things were not divulged. I liked it better then.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to these articles, Sofia has been invited to dinner in Solliden and she has met the King and the Queen.
Sofia åt middag med kungen & Silvia | MSN Starlounge
Google Translate

Sofia på middag hos kungaparet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 07-24-2010, 03:26 AM
Gentry

Maybe CP is serious in love Sofia if he decides to introduce her to parents?
Old 07-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Aristocracy

Well, now she surely is more than a fling. But this meeting is IMO nothing "big"
The king and queen have met all partners of their children pretty early and with the ongoing talk since January, they were probably really curious about this woman. The article says the initiative came from their side.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Aristocracy

So it`s a real relationship, that`s nice. Sofia is a very beautiful woman IMO. As for her past - she never posed nude, did she? In that photo with the snake certain parts of her body are covered, so we can see as much as if she wore bikini. I don`t say that I like the photo, I only say it doesn`t make her inacceptable as the prince`s girlfriend. And those rumours about scounting and golddigging - well, "a friend" is not a reliable source.
Sofia may have qualities to be a good princess, despite her tv and modeling career. We don`t know her, and I think that some comments here are too harsh...
Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
The article says the initiative came from their side.
I've got terrible vertigo looking down the crevice of royal standards.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen writes that the Slitz-magazine is publishing the photos of Sofia again now. (not a surprise). The photos were taken in 2005 or 2006.
Slitz viker ut Sofia igen - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Same story ín Aftonbladet
”Sofia tycker det är jobbigt” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 07-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Courtier

A reality starlet-naked model-etc dining with the Royals sounds like a cheap comedy to me.
Maybe this means that the SRF is down to earth and open to meet all their subjects, but to me it just means they lack the necessary dignity and consciousness of their role.
In moments like this I'm a republican myself!

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships