Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

Carl%20Philip%20and%20Sofia%20Monogram_zpso7uie7ep.png

Please use this thread to discuss official information regarding the upcoming Swedish royal wedding

Last edited:
And the date and venue have finally been announced
The wedding will take place on the 13 of June 2015 at the Church of the Royal Palace of Stockholm
Vigsel mellan Prins Carl Philip och fröken Sofia Hellqvist - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

'Wedding between Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist Miss
The wedding between Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist Miss will take place on Saturday 13 June 2015 The couple has chosen the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace of Stockholm as the venue for the wedding ceremony.
- We look forward to a summer wedding in the middle of June, when Sweden is very beautiful. It's a great day for us and we are very excited, said Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist Miss.

The engagement of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist for Miss announced on 27 juni in 2014.

Photos of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist Miss.

Wedding Coordinator's chief of staff Major General Håkan Pettersson
The coordinator's role is to be responsible for planning and designing the wedding that the bride-pair desires, using the Royal Court's offices and departments. Håkan Pettersson is since 2007 director of H. M. King's staff. He has also been a wedding coordinator for the Crown Princess and Princesscouple's wedding in 2010 and 2013.'

Sry for double posting...Hadnt noticed you posted before kingen

Last edited:
What a disappointment, that they keep the wedding in Stockholm. It would have been nice to see a different kind of royal wedding elsewhere in Sweden.

Last edited:
No worries, we must have written our messages at the same time.

June was expected, but I'm kind of surprised that they didn't chose Öland. I really thought they would go for something different.

What a disappointment, that they keep the wedding in Stockholm. It would have been nice to see a different kind of royal wedding elsewhere in Sweden.

I think it is a very expected. Stockholm is after all the Royal capital of Sweden, and due to logistical reasons this is the easiest and most appropriate choice.

So the gossip mags got it right... I thought it was the 27th but maybe it was considered too late... Are they gonna marry in the same church as Victoria got married ?

So the gossip mags got it right... I thought it was the 27th but maybe it was considered too late... Are they gonna marry in the same church as Victoria got married ?

Crown Princess Victoria was married at the Storkyrkan or Stockholm Cathedral.

On my birthday this year! Excellent, I'll have lovely photos to look forward to

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Wonderful! It's nice to finally have a date and place announced. And I'm happy that it's also Stockholm for Carl Philip and Sofia. I'm sure it will be a lovely wedding just like the others were 2010 and 2013.

I felt it would be June! Both his sisters and parents got married in June.

I felt it would be June! Both his sisters and parents got married in June.

And also all his paternal aunts. Seems like they swedish Royal Family can/wants only to marry in that month.

And also all his paternal aunts. Seems like they swedish Royal Family can/wants only to marry in that month.

June is definitely a happy month for Swedish royal family!

The wedding coordinator Håkan Pettersson (who was that also at Victoria's and Madeleine's wedding), said to Svenska Dagbladet, that it will be a big wedding, but not huge. Any budget is not yet set but the King will be footing the bill.
Prinsens bröllopsdatum bokat Inrikes SvD
Translation

Last edited:
WOW! The date and location are announced... finally! I think it's great that they have a Stockholm wedding and the Royal Palace Chapel gives an intimate setting. Although it's not the Storkyrkan, maybe this is even better.
Possibly "big, but not huge" holds the middle between Victoria and Madeleine's weddings. I'm very happy!

I think it is a very expected. Stockholm is after all the Royal capital of Sweden, and due to logistical reasons this is the easiest and most appropriate choice.

Indeed, I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
huuray, a date is announced ;)
June indeed not unexpected, Stockholm not unexpected (even if a different location would have been neat too), so i'm pretty much thinking that the wedding itself will be quite a "regular" royal wedding too (if there's such a thing)

I don't expect anything really quirky (although it would be cool ;) )

I don't think quirky would be good Sophia has enough haters out there. They don't need any more fuel added to the fire.

I don't think quirky would be good Sophia has enough haters out there. They don't need any more fuel added to the fire.

The most important thing in my eyes is that they have the wedding of their dreams, no matter what.

The most important thing in my eyes is that they have the wedding of their dreams, no matter what.

Exactly. The last thing she should think about is what some complete strangers think about her when it comes to the choice of her wedding dress and all that goes with the wedding.

I think the Couple wanted to marry in June so they only had 2 dates to choose as on 06. June ist the swedish national Day which is a Saturday in 2015 and on 20. June is Midsummer which is also a big day in Sweden. So probably the had only the choose between 13. and 27. June or to have the Wedding in another Month

I think the Couple wanted to marry in June so they only had 2 dates to choose as on 06. June ist the swedish national Day which is a Saturday in 2015 and on 20. June is Midsummer which is also a big day in Sweden. So probably the had only the choose between 13. and 27. June or to have the Wedding in another Month

Why would it have to be on a Saturday?

I think the idea of sending Sophie would be great. She could arrive with one of the other royal couple like how Charlène arrived with her and Edward at Madeleine's wedding. I, for one, would like to see her arrive alongside either Frederik and Mary or Victoria and Daniel.

BRF could send the Cambridges. They probably won't be doing anything.

William is an even more important part of Trooping than Edward. That wouldn't happen.

Probably to suit the general public who would like to watch the wedding. I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Denmark, you generally don't get married on Sundays and as for weekdays, a good amount of the guest wouldn't be able to attend on a weekday because they have work.

I know that when Frederik and Mary held the twins's christening on a Thursday there was a lot of commotion about how that was unjust to the public who wouldn't be able to see it to the same extent as if they had scheduled it to be on a Saturday.

Last edited:
Probably because it's a tradition. For those guests with regular jobs it will be much easier if it's a weekend. Most of those citizens who want to watch the wedding on TV or in the streets will have a day of anyway. And probably half of central Stockholm would have to be closed for either security or the expected spectators. It would probably be quite disturbing for part of Stockholm buisiness life if it were a weekday, with roads blocked, etc.

Probably because it's a tradition. For those guests with regular jobs it will be much easier if it's a weekend. Most of those citizens who want to watch the wedding on TV or in the streets will have a day of anyway. And probably half of central Stockholm would have to be closed for either security or the expected spectators. It would probably be quite disturbing for part of Stockholm buisiness life if it were a weekday, with roads blocked, etc.

You said it all. And as far as I know, all royal weddings have taken place on a Saturday. Both in and outside Sweden.

You said it all. And as far as I know, all royal weddings have taken place on a Saturday. Both in and outside Sweden.

Not all. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were married on a Friday. I woke up at four in the morning to watch the wedding. :lol:

British royal weddings for the senior royals - the monarch, monarch's children and direct line grandchildren - are weekdays not weekends.

Not at all the case. Off the top of my head :
Charles and Diana Wednesday July 21,1981
Sarah and Andrew Monday March 17, 1986
Kate and William Friday April 29, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom