Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if prince Albert will be present but princess Charlene will open the TV festival at Monaco on june 13 and will preside mare nostrum swimming

The only foreign royal wedding on non-heirs/monarchs/family that a Dutch monarch or consort ever visited were those of the Duke of York and the Infanta Elena IIRC. Prince Claus only accompanied Q. Beatrix to the first of those. So in that light Maxima's attendance is exceptional. At the time of Madeleine s wedding they said that Maxima and WA couldn't attend as the king hadn't paid a courtesy visit to Sweden yet. I do not know if that is true.

As far as i remeber Beatrix and Claus did not attend the Wedding of the Duke of York. I have seen fottage of that Wedding and there where almost no foreign Royals present. I think they bot attend the first Wedding of Pricness Anne but that was before beatrix became Queen.

I wonder will we see anyone from the non reigning houses of Greece,Serbia or Romania?

The Wales wedding was also attended by Princess Grace, the King and Queen of the Belgians and the Queen of Denmark & husband (not on Andrew's list). But a mistake is the most likely scenario indeed.

Anyway, with or without Claus' attendance of the York wedding: the consort travelling to Stockholm for the wedding of the prince is exceptional. Let's hope it will be repeated in the future.

Edward had less royals at his wedding but that was by choice as he didn't want a state occasion for his wedding - his was more "private". The royals who attended all attended as friends - Haakon, Felipe and Joachim as far as I remember.

I am glad Maxima is attending as well as Mathilde - they can hook up together as the single ladies! :D

And what about the rehearsal dinner? Do we have some news yet?

I wonder will we see anyone from the non reigning houses of Greece,Serbia or Romania?
We might have to wait for the official guest list before we learn about those royal guests which have no official website publishing their agenda.

But Queen Anne-Marie of Greece is a first cousin of King Carl Gustaf. She didn't go to Madeleine's wedding but some of her children went. (Sorry, I only archive tiara wearers, but Marie-Chantal, Tatiana and Theodora went.) Maybe Billed Bladet will find out over the next few days? They are always interested in Anne-Marie, Benedikte and their descendants.

But no Kings? Queen Sonja without King Harald, Queen Mathilde without King Philippe, Queen Maxima without King Philippe, Queen Margrethe without King Henrik(ahem)...??

Probably a question of protocol. Queen Margrethe II is only there as she is godmother to the groom. Hadn't it been the case she would likely have stayed home too and sent her children, in laws and Benedikte instead.

I guess its also worth remembering that Queen Maxima and Queen Mathilde come from RFs where there is no-one else in the King's immediate family (i.e no children of adult age) who could represent him.
Queen Margrethe is his godmother and Queen Sonja will be representing the RF to whom the Swedish RF probably has the closest ties.

Are the interview/s available on the Internet?

Pre-Wedding 1 and 8 June 2015

I guess its also worth remembering that Queen Maxima and Queen Mathilde come from RFs where there is no-one else in the King's immediate family (i.e no children of adult age) who could represent him. .

Both the King of the Belgians and the King of the Netherlands have adult siblings though who could represent them.

Both the King of the Belgians and the King of the Netherlands have adult siblings though who could represent them.

The younger brother of the Dutch King does have a full time role, outside the DRF.

Rehearsal dinner? I don't think royal households, with all the experienced staff serving so many official dinners and banquets, needs any rehearsal...

:flowers:

The younger brother of the Dutch King does have a full time role, outside the DRF.

The Prince indeed has several paid activities which will claim a lot of his agenda but it would no harm to see him and his spouse, so now and then, representing the Dutch royal family. They did so when Charles and Camilla married.

It seems in May and June the Prince is making a round-trip through the United States of America in the framework of his role as a so-called "Eisenhower Fellow" (the Eisenhower Fellowship is an international leader exchange program to honor Eisenhower's devotion to world peace and prosperity).

Maybe that is the reason why the Prince is not able to travel to Stockholm: he is in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rehearsal dinner? I don't think royal households, with all the experienced staff serving so many official dinners and banquets, needs any rehearsal...

The weddings I've been invited to has never included rehearsal dinners so it's not a common feature in Sweden. That said they will have a party the night before the wedding like both Victoria and Madeleine did.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

as i understand it (from Hello magazine): on friday night there will be a private dinner for invited guests. On Saturday there will be a dinner after a wedding.
So i guess the friday one can be considered a rehearsal if you will (P.Madeleine had something similar at her wedding)
I'm not sure, but as it is private i don't think we'll get extensive coverage, maybe a couple of photos..

eta: to get in the mood ;) P.Madeleine's pre-wedding dinner photo: http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/madeleine-of-sweden-chris-oneill/201306071378/princess-madeleine-wedding-dinner-fashion/
really like rhat dress!

Last edited:
Isn't 'rehearsal dinner' just the American expression for 'pre-wedding (dinner)'? So that would be the private Dinner on Friday night. There won't be live coverage as it is private. With some good luck they will allow pictures of the arrivals.

Isn't 'rehearsal dinner' just the American expression for 'pre-wedding (dinner)'? So that would be the private Dinner on Friday night. There won't be live coverage as it is private. With some good luck they will allow pictures of the arrivals.

let's hope the Press will fopund out where it takes place and will be there to make photos of the arrival of the guests.

According to rumours the guests will gather somewhere by the water in Stockholm and then be picked up by boats which would give plenty of opportunities for photos.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Think that's it, it seems mainly a private dinner for close relatives and friends
Rehearsal dinner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so yep, that's the one they're having on friday :flowers:

According to rumours the guests will gather somewhere by the water in Stockholm and then be picked up by boats which would give plenty of opportunities for photos.

Sounds lovely :) well...not long to wait now...

Last edited:
I'm not sure that I remember it correctly, but didn't M & C pretty much shield their pre-wedding guests from the paps? But that would indeed be difficult if the meeting point is somewhere in the city.

In America, the evening prior to the actual ceremony, the wedding party reenacts the entire wedding ceremony. Almost like a "dress performance" without the actual dresses. After getting ceremony correct in eyes of minister or priest, the wedding party has a lovely rehearsal dinner then leaves to get sleep and ready for next exciting day. This dinner is not for all attending wedding, just principle members of the ceremony. Here it is the responsibility of the grooms parents to provide this dinner as the bride's parents will provide the wedding reception after the wedding event. The rehearsal dinner is a lively happy event among close friends and normally only private photos are taken and cherished.

I'm not sure that I remember it correctly, but didn't M & C pretty much shield their pre-wedding guests from the paps? But that would indeed be difficult if the meeting point is somewhere in the city.

There are plenty of pics of the guests arriving for the pre-Wedding Dinner which took place at the Grand Hotel. Even some from inside the Hotel.
But then the location was known before.

There are plenty of pics of the guests arriving for the pre-Wedding Dinner which took place at the Grand Hotel. Even some from inside the Hotel.
But then the location was known before.

Both Svensk Damtidning and Expressen have told that according to their sources, the guests have been asked to be at Strandvägen on a certain time to wait for a boat. Svensk Damtidning claims that they will go to the Ulriksdal Palace, and Expressen that they will go to Vaxholm Fortress.

Both Svensk Damtidning and Expressen have told that according to their sources, the guests have been asked to be at Strandvägen on a certain time to wait for a boat. Svensk Damtidning claims that they will go to the Ulriksdal Palace, and Expressen that they will go to Vaxholm Fortress.

I guess the journalists will hire taxiboats and follow the ships that leaves Strandvägen with the royals :-D Quite sad if they really asked for a Private event as also the royals have a right to a private life.

Rehearsal dinner? I don't think royal households, with all the experienced staff serving so many official dinners and banquets, needs any rehearsal... :flowers:
The weddings I've been invited to has never included rehearsal dinners so it's not a common feature in Sweden. That said they will have a party the night before the wedding like both Victoria and Madeleine did.
I think rehearsal dinners are definitely a US tradition.

However, the royal families tend to have a gala evening before the wedding so they can catch up on friends and family and just be themselves. The host family won't get a really good chance to catch up on the wedding day, what with wedding details, photos, balcony appearances and receptions that go on until the wee small hours.

An article about the preparations of the wedding at the website of the Armed Forces. 1400 soldiers will work at this wedding, 500 soldiers more than at Madeleine's wedding.
Prinsbröllopet – slutet på en intensiv period - Försvarsmakten
Translation

According to Expressen, Avicii will play at Carl Philip's and Sofia's private dinner at the Vaxholm fortress on Friday. He performs also in Stockholm at Summerburst. Due to the schedule, they have to perhaps transport Avicii by a chopper or a speedboat. Expressen notifies, that Aftonbladet has in many articles written that Avicii will play at the dinner after the wedding. But Avicii is on Saturday in the Netherlands.
Avicii till Carl Philips och Sofias privata fest _ Nöje _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom