The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 01:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip partied on Friday night in the port city of Piraeus, Glyfada near Athens. After a full day on the Mediterranean and the Greek paradise island of Aegina the prince enjoyed the luxury restaurant Pisina - with his table towards the port, he and the rest of his friends had a great view. Then there was a party at the hottest nightclub.
With only a few hours sleep Carl Philip awakened and he had no idea what was going on. What happened? Would they go back home?
No, now it was the Mediterranean Sea and the island of Aegina. After only a short breakfast they went to a boat. After a day on the sea and just before 21 o'clock, they came back to their hotel.
There were all that Carl Philip describes as his best friends, the friends he trusts most the most of:
Mikael Skog, his childhood friend from the first school time in Bromma
Jan-Åke Hansson, one of the prince's absolutely best friends, whom he shared a room with at Lundbergs boarding. On the flight from Frankfurt to Athens, they sat next to each other and drank beer.
Otto Thott, childhood friend
Claes Kockum, became the best friend of Carl Philip on Lundsberg.
Christos Chrysanthou, runs a restaurant Fresco in Stockholm, and is one of those that has guided the bachelor party.
Richard af Trolle, who presented the Carl Philip of Sofia Hellqvist. Their first secret meetings took place at his home in his summer residence in Bastad.
Jacob Högfeldt, became best buddies at Lundsberg.
Axel Bodén, met Carl Philip on Lundsberg. Runs tofday Tärnsjö Gaveri.
Hockey Star Niklas Anger. First a star in Djurgårdens, now at Carl Philip's club AIK. One of the people Carl Philip has the greatest confidence.
Former bodyguard Jan Gustavsson. He was responsible for many years of the royal children's safety and was the one who got the confidence to go with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel on their honeymoon. Today Janne works as a bodyguard to Zlatan Ibrahimovic during his games with the national team. He has also been a bodyguard for superstar in tennis Roger Federer.
Niklas Andersson. Also previously bodyguard to Carl Philip. He now works with a private company.
But brothers-in-law prince Daniel and Chris O'Neill were not at the bachelor party. Prince Daniel chose to skip off the party for a private holiday with Victoria in Norway.
Prinsens party vid Medelhavet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Aftonbladet has photos of them playing football, at the end of the game Carl Philip was put to play goalkeeper and the others were shooting penalties for him.
Sista natten - med prinsens partygäng _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Video of Carl Philip's Friday
Prinsen fick agera måltavla under svensexan

Old 05-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Aristocracy

So I don't think Chris went to Greece?? He is not on the photos. Some other media say he was there.
I thought Chris and CP had a good friendly relationship, but maube Chris had other commitments.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Old 05-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has photos and video of Carl Philip continuing his bachelor party today.
At noon local he and some of his friends enjoyed the sun and the beautiful weather on the sandy beach. Several other friends left the hotel in taxis and some took a bike ride in the area.
Then the whole gang gathered at one of Athens' most exclusive beach clubs, Astir Beach club. Carl Philip was with James Högfeldt, Otto Thott and Jan-Åke Hansson. Carl Philip started with soft drinks, but hung on with the rest of the gang soon with beer and tequila.
They ate late lunch at the beach's restaurant Friday's.
Här festar Carl Philip på sin svensexa _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 05-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it normal to have the bachelor party so early? Most bachelor/bachelorette parties I've been to or heard of happen fairly soon before the wedding, as they're meant to be a "last hurrah" of sorts to say goodbye to your single days. I don't see the point in having them more than a month before the wedding. :-\
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Is it normal to have the bachelor party so early? Most bachelor/bachelorette parties I've been to or heard of happen fairly soon before the wedding, as they're meant to be a "last hurrah" of sorts to say goodbye to your single days. I don't see the point in having them more than a month before the wedding. :-\
I think it's mentioned earlier in the thread that there were very few weekends where C-P and his friends had time in their schedules
Old 05-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Never know with busy lives these days. May have been the only dates all the relevant friends were available. I don't think 'normal' applies anymore. People do what they do and it's okay.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Carl Philip has about 20 friends with him. To have a time that is good for everyone isn't so easy, and they are spending many days in Greece, one can't do that at the wedding week of a member of the royal family.

Victoria had her hen party 13th-14th May, Madeleine 9th March (they had to break it because of the death of princess Lilian).
Daniel had his bachelor party 8th-9th May, Chris 28th May (he had another bachelor party a week before organized by his american friends).
Old 05-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you.

I wasn't sure if it was something typically done in Europe as opposed to here in the US, or if there were extenuating circumstances (like guests' schedules) that made it more favorable for it to be held earlier.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:

It's fairly commonplace now. I know all of my girlfriends had their bachelorette parties well in advance of their weddings. Some just had too much wedding stuff to deal with before the wedding that it was preferable to have it earlier. Some were not fussed when it was, as long as we all got together. It's not really viewed so much as a last hurrah these days, as much as it is just to celebrate the bride/groom.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall tells in Expressen about Carl Philip's Saturday, which ended to one of the area's best restaurants, Ithaki. Several in the group had dressed up with white shirts and jackets, they arrived at 21.00.
Carl Philip led the company with his former bodyguard Janne Gustavsson at his side. Now was the time to seize the final hours of a bachelor party.
After midnight they came to the nightclub Akrotiri, one of Athens' most popular hot clubs with a large portion celebrities among the guests.
The group had according to Expressen's information received help from their hotel to book evening at the nightclub. They run right up to the entrance where they were taken care of by the club's staff.
Inside the club partying gang same time as scantily gogo dancers danced atop a podium. Carl Philip and his friends stood on a shelf and waved their hands in the air to the house music that was played. Several of the visitors was just below the podium and looked at the dancers.
The prince and his friends stayed late.
The only setback during the trip was that neither of his brothers in law, Prince Daniel or Chris O'Neill were with the party. Daniel was with Victoria on a holiday in Norway with the Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit. Chris, who had previously announced that he would join the bachelor party in Greece was conspicuous by his absence - just like last Thursday at King's birthday at the Royal Palace.
Today Carl Philip lands back in Sweden.
Prinsens party sista kvällen med gänget _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Ένας πρίγκιπας στο Γ. Καλαφάτης - Παναθηναϊκός - SPORT 24

Här visar Carl Philip heta bröllopskroppen _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
Old 05-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

In all earnest, if I were Victoria or Madeleine, I would not allow my husband to see "scantily clad women" in a night club... Let CP go instead Just saying
Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
In all earnest, if I were Victoria or Madeleine, I would not allow my husband to see "scantily clad women" in a night club... Let CP go instead Just saying
"allow"?!? Since when do intelligent women "allow" their husbands to do such things? If the men are so damn simple-minded as to want to see "scantily clad women" on show like that, why the hell would you want to marry them in the first place?
Old 05-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
"allow"?!? Since when do intelligent women "allow" their husbands to do such things? If the men are so damn simple-minded as to want to see "scantily clad women" on show like that, why the hell would you want to marry them in the first place?

I just meant that Victoria and Madeleine may simpy not be happy with their husbands going to night clubs..CP and his other friends may be still unmarried and I understand the usually men on the occaison of bachelor's party go to such clubs but mayne Chris and Dan didn't want to go or found that inappropriate.. Who knows?
Old 05-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I'm kind of uncomfortable with the concept of married adults "allowing" or forbidding one another to do certain things, period. One of the tacit unspoken pillars of marriage or any love relationship is trust. This is going to sound strangest of all but I honestly would not care if my spouse or boyfriend attended a stag party at a nightclub where scantily clad women performed. Being married to me does not mean he is not allowed to be in the presence of attractive women.

He is my husband, not my prisoner.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Courtier

Poor man, he can't even enjoy this party with his friends, without every detail being published in the papers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I'm kind of uncomfortable with the concept of married adults "allowing" or forbidding one another to do certain things, period. One of the tacit unspoken pillars of marriage or any love relationship is trust. This is going to sound strangest of all but I honestly would not care if my spouse or boyfriend attended a stag party at a nightclub where scantily clad women performed. Being married to me does not mean he is not allowed to be in the presence of attractive women.

I completely agree.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think if Madde or Victoria or Sofia had had that kind of hen party over a few days, beach life, night life etc there would be critizism all over the place because its deemed unsuitable for a royal woman. For men its ok to have a blast in that respect.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

Completely agree, I've always had a problem with the idea that a woman has to demand her husband not look or notice other women. Imo I don't care if you look just as long as you don't touch.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Majesty

Precisely what I was trying to say!
Old 05-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

The bachelor party has ended, Carl Philip and his friends arrived to the Arlanda Airport in the afternoon.
One of his friends asked from Carl Philip if he was satisfied and got the answer:
- Hell, yeah, are you kidding? Absolutely incredible!
Här tar festen slut för Carl Philip - har landat _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 05-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

If you marry someone you should trust them. A man can look at a woman anywhere does that mean you don't go to a beach because he will see a woman in a bikini.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding