The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Courtier

I think the monograph is fine. I do like the way the P for Philip and S for Sophia flow together. I'd love to see the other versions they came up with (if any) before settling on this. I don't really think that there are a whole lot of ways to combine their initials.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
I like the monogram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I much prefer their joint monogram to CP's one. [...] if anything, adding the double S's has made it nicer looking IMO but it looks more finished, so to speak, than CP's does. I also think the fact that it's black makes me like it more. It looks way more elegant than CP's blue one. Is it supposed to be black? Or was that just for the announcement?
I agree. I think whoever did it, did well.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I like the monogram.

I agree. I think whoever did it, did well.
It is mentioned just above the monogram: The monogram was designed by the heraldic artist Vladimir A. Sagerlund and Prince Carl Philip.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

sorry to confusing for my eyes! I don't like it!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, I don't like the monogram, it looks like snakes which are waking up.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The style of the new monogram fits very well with the other royal monograms, see this overview given by the Swedish Royal House:

Old 04-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for posting that, for some reason i think that people who have a snake-association with Sofia's "S" don't have that with Sylvia's "S"
Old 04-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Thanks for posting that, for some reason i think that people who have a snake-association with Sofia's "S" don't have that with Sylvia's "S"
I think you're totally right.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Compared to the other monograms of the Royal family, the new one is very messy and not elegant at all. It looks like the letters were moving at Carl Philip's and Sofia's monogram and that makes them look like snakes.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
It is mentioned just above the monogram: The monogram was designed by the heraldic artist Vladimir A. Sagerlund and Prince Carl Philip.
So, P.C-P designed/helped design the monogram himself?
Then I'm hoping he does indeed do some more designing for his wedding and design her a tiara or other jewelry...
Old 04-04-2015, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

I don't like the S in the Monogramm of Carl Philip and Sofia. It is similar to the S in the Monogramms of the Royal Couple and of Queen Silvia which i also don't like. If i remember rigth at first the royal Couple had a differentn Monogramm where the S different. But at some point it was changed.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Let us keep things in perspective... a monogram these days is just a little icon on paper or cards. It is not -like on internet- so big and powerful.

Sometimes it is woven into table linen, but then it is only in relief of jacquard-woven, so that means all in one colour and only visible when you have a closer look to the texture. See an example: the monogram of the Kronprinsessparet is woven into table linen or another example: of Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima

I am sure that the damast tableware of Carl-Philip and Sofia will look awesomely great with their traditional royal mongram woven into their precious silk, damast and linen, nicely engraved into their silver and proud above their letters.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I don't like the S in the Monogramm of Carl Philip and Sofia. It is similar to the S in the Monogramms of the Royal Couple and of Queen Silvia which i also don't like. If i remember rigth at first the royal Couple had a differentn Monogramm where the S different. But at some point it was changed.
The monogram of the Royal Couple in 1984 at a first day cover was this
Konung Carl XVI Gustaf och Drottning Silvia , FDC på Tradera.com - FDC

And in 1985 it was the new one
FDC Konung Carl XVI Gustaf och Drottning Silvia 24.1 1985 på
Old 04-04-2015, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

I like the one from 1984 much more. What was the reason it was changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Let us keep things in perspective... a monogram these days is just a little icon on paper or cards. It is not -like on internet- so big and powerful.

Sometimes it is woven into table linen, but then it is only in relief of jacquard-woven, so that means all in one colour and only visible when you have a closer look to the texture. See an example: the monogram of the Kronprinsessparet is woven into table linen or another example: of Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima

I am sure that the damast tableware of Carl-Philip and Sofia will look awesomely great with their traditional royal mongram woven into their precious silk, damast and linen, nicely engraved into their silver and proud above their letters.

For the Wedding of Victoria and Daniel a special Carpet was made in blue with the moniogramm woven in it. It was then placed at the Palace balustrade at Logarden when the Couple arrived back at the Palace after the Carrgage Tour afer the Wedding-
Old 04-04-2015, 06:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I like the one from 1984 much more. Waht was the reason it was changed.
I haven't found out why it was changed. I also like the original monogram much more.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
So, P.C-P designed/helped design the monogram himself?
Then I'm hoping he does indeed do some more designing for his wedding and design her a tiara or other jewelry...
Apparently he did, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

Wow, at least someone who doesn't jump on it. To be honest, I am surprised by your positive reaction, but it's a welcome change and I agree with what you say. It's not like a life-altering change or invention has been made, it's just something that is part of their impending status.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court florist, Claes Carlsson, has asked the students of the adult florist program at the Östersjögymnasiet in Karlshamn to help with the flower decorations to the wedding. 11 students taking the 1-year florist training program for adults are going to Stockholm on 9th June.
Skolan fixar blommor till prinsens bröllop Kvällsposten
Translation
Old 04-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Majesty

i have nothing against the new monogram, although sofia's S doesn't seem very prominent. and why haven't they released sofia's individual monogram? maybe they are expecting she may refuse a title just like chris did? (chris didn't get a monogram in so doing)

Quote:
The court florist, Claes Carlsson, has asked the students of the adult florist program at the Östersjögymnasiet in Karlshamn to help with the flower decorations to the wedding. 11 students taking the 1-year florist training program for adults are going to Stockholm on 9th June.
Skolan fixar blommor till prinsens bröllop Kvällsposten
Translation
i think it's a great idea they are including these students, it will surely make them very proud to contribute to such an event and will be a real motivation.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The first monogram of the royal couple looks a bit too much like that of the company CGS. There is no intertwining, so the monogram does not make clear it is about two individuals married together. That is why I like the newer monogram better.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I like the second one a lot better. I wonder why they changed it.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding