The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Serene Highness

I think they are having the people they are close to at the wedding which is a good thing.When they look back on the day they will see and remember those they love sharing one of the biggest and most important events in their lives.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Serene Highness

Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Very sensible people they are.

They don't like any media attention at all at themselves. Yet they come when they are invited by Daniel and/or Victoria. They always stays in the background and have never spoken out in media about the royal family. I have huge respect for them for that.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Who pays for the guests accommodation at Royal weddings? They always seem to stay in top notch accommodation so I was wondering if the guests pay for their rooms themselves.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Who pays for the guests accommodation at Royal weddings? They always seem to stay in top notch accommodation so I was wondering if the guests pay for their rooms themselves.

Don't know how they do this time, nor how they did at Madeleines wedding but to Victorias wedding wich ofcourse was much bigger i know the King booked half of all the rooms at Grand Hotel and half of all the rooms at Reisen Hotel. Guests also stayed at the Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace and at the danish and norwegian royal ships.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I am so glad Estelle will be in the wedding

What time does the party start tonight?
Old 06-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Gentry

Leonore isn't on the list. Does anyone recall if Estelle was on the published list for M&C's wedding?
Old 06-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneugeba View Post
Leonore isn't on the list. Does anyone recall if Estelle was on the published list for M&C's wedding?

No she wasn't. They always said that she would attend if she was in good spirits. If she had a bad day she would not attend. It's probably the same situation for Leonore now.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Yes, that's Princess Takamado.

Princess Takamado at the wedding of Princess Madeleine:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...82e6e0b524.jpg
Old 06-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Only 24 hours to go!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sofia Hellqvist to marry Prince Carl-Philip and become Swedish princess | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

It was only a matter of time before the Daily Mail got into the act. Its their lead story online. Sofia is described as "The tattooed topless model"
Old 06-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why the Swedish Court uses all sorts of languages on their guestlist?

They use Swedish and English for one couple:
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine
Mr Christopher O'Neill

They say in Swedish
Fröken Anaïs Sommerlath

They say in English
Miss Helene Sommerlath

They say in English
H.M. Queen Máxima

They say in Swedish
H.M. Drottning Sonja

It is a strange mix. I would say: do it all in Swedish or do it all in English, not mix this and mix that.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I've noticed they used swedish with swedish royal members and english for foreigners...
Old 06-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I've noticed they used swedish with swedish royal members and english for foreigners...
They use Swedish too for Danes, for Norwegians, etc. But the Hofdame (Hovdam in Swedish) of Queen Máxima is suddenly "Mrs Van Karnebeek-Thijssen, Lady-in-Waiting to Queen Máxima". So apparently Nordic persons are addressed in Swedish and others in English, this even extends to Mr O'Neill vs Herr Behn...
Old 06-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
They use Swedish too for Danes, for Norwegians, etc. But the Hofdame (Hovdam in Swedish) of Queen Máxima is suddenly "Mrs Van Karnebeek-Thijssen, Lady-in-Waiting to Queen Máxima". So apparently Nordic persons are addressed in Swedish and others in English, this even extends to Mr O'Neill vs Herr Behn...
Ah I see... it makes no sense at all to me too then
Old 06-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I can understand "Mr O'Neill" as Chris has made it clear that he is not Swedish and doesn't want to be Swedish. He is treated as a foreigner then like other foreign guests. I suppose the Danes and Norwegians on the other hand are "like Swedes" in the Swedes' eyes, hence their use of the Swedish language although Swedish is actually different from Danish/Norwegian (like Portuguese and Spanish, I guess).

I don't get the logic behind the alternate use of English and Swedish to refer to the Sommerlaths though.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Complete list of the (non-Swedish) ladies-in-waiting and/or aide-de-camps in attendance (again using Swedish for the Nordic royals and English for the non-Nordic royals). It is nice that they have been recognized.

Hovdamen Grevinnan Jytte Krag-Juel-Vind-Frijs, till Drottning Margrethe
av Danmark
Adjutanten Örlogskapten Ole B. Pedersen, Adjutant till Drottning
Margrethe av Danmark
Hovdam Monica Watterud, till Drottning Sonja av Norge
Mrs J M van Karnebeek-Thijssen, Lady-in-Waiting to HM Queen Máxima
Mrs Melissa van Waeyenberge, Lady-in-Waiting to HM Queen Mathilde
Ms Sumiko Nakamura, Lady-in-Waiting, to HIH Princess Takamado
Adjutanten Örlogskapten Michael L. Bager, till Kronprinsparet av Danmark
Adjutanten Kapten Magnus Wangberg, till Kronprins Haakon av Norge

Old 06-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It was only a matter of time before the Daily Mail got into the act. Its their lead story online. Sofia is described as "The tattooed topless model"
Are you surprised? Years from now when she is a stooped, blue haired granny that's probably the information will headline every story written about the HRH The Duchess of Varmland....not Project Playground for certain.

Unless she cures cancer or negotiates peace in the Middle East, she is always going to be the topless Princess.

But the die is cast. The SRF is just going to have to make the best of things now.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Sofia tomorrow married her Prince i don't think she cares so much about anything else.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding