The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 02:25 AM
Majesty

Not surprised about Spain, rather am surprised about Luxembourg.

And Monaco too, btw.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree very suprised about Luxembourg. No one?

Old 06-12-2015, 02:49 AM
Majesty

Guillaume and Stephanie have an engagement on Saturday, I don't know what Henri and Maria-Teresa are up to.

But didn't they have almost a year's notice to adjust their schedules?
Old 06-12-2015, 02:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Guillaume and Stephanie have an engagement on Saturday, I don't know what Henri and Maria-Teresa are up to.

But didn't they have almost a year's notice to adjust their schedules?
Grand Duke Henri attends today at the opening ceremony of the European Games in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan. He will also follow various competitions, so I think he stays there a couple of days.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:58 AM
Majesty

I see. Thank you, Lady Finn.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

There will not be many royals at this wedding, is this list of guests sure? because there are less royals than to the wedding of Madeleine.
Prince Albert will be at Baku for the opening of the exhibition of Princess Grace and Charlene will be present to the opening of the tv festival and the Mare NOstrum swimming to morrow.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:59 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Well the guest list has been released

De är bjudna på prinsens och Sofias stora dag | Prinsbröllopet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Four Queens, princess Takamado, Edward & Sophie, Tatiana & Nikolaus, a few Wittelsbachs, Hubertus of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha without his heavily pregnant wife Kelly and a whole truckload of Bernadottes and Scandinavian royals. The Bourbons from both Luxenburg and Spain has decided to stay at home.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Aftonbladet also writes that they have confirmed the bridal children as:
-Princess Estelle
-Chloé Sommerlath
-Anaïs Sommerlath
-Tiara Larsson (Sofia's goddaughter)

They say that Carl-Philip's friend from school, Jan-Åke Hansson, will be his best man.

The guest list has now been uploaded to the Royal Court website, the same as what the papers published earlier:
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...sta_vigsel.pdf
Old 06-12-2015, 05:27 AM
Serene Highness

I think it's weak that Luxembourg doesn't send anyone, looking at the delegation that went there in 2012, even though Carl Philip's position isn't similar. They could at least have sent Félix and Claire if Guillaume and Stéphanie and Henri and Maria-Teresa have other commitments.

Spain and Monaco, okay, understandable I suppose.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Such a disappointment, the lovely countess Gunnila Bernadotte af Wisborg isn't attending at the wedding. I hope that she is in good health. She is the patron of the Båstad Chamber Music Festival and according to the program she is attending at the opening ceremony on 22nd June.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think it's weak that Luxembourg doesn't send anyone, looking at the delegation that went there in 2012, even though Carl Philip's position isn't similar. They could at least have sent Félix and Claire if Guillaume and Stéphanie and Henri and Maria-Teresa have other commitments.

I am surprised about the Luxemburg absence as well....
BYe Bine
Old 06-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry if I have missed this, but is anyone from the British Royal Family attending?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Or Guillaume and Siblilla. They have often attended foreign Royal Weddings.
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I'm sorry if I have missed this, but is anyone from the British Royal Family attending?
The Earl and Countess of Wessex are attending.
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Edward and Sophie Wessex
Old 06-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

No one from Spain or Monaco no surprises there!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Serene Highness

Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

Quote:

I don't think the younger children to Henri and Maria-Theresa are close to the Swedish royal family. They have probably only met very few times so i understand that they don't send anyone if Henri, Maria-Theresa, Gulliaume and Stephanie is unavailable. After all this is more of a family wedding with those you really know among the guests and not a state wedding for a heir to the throne when you must send representation wether the bridal couple know them or not. So it is not that surprising.

Spain does not surprise me as they rarely send anyone. Though Monaco is a little bit surprising as Albert is and have always been very close to the swedish royals. But you can't get everyone you want :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Such a disappointment, the lovely countess Gunnila Bernadotte af Wisborg isn't attending at the wedding. I hope that she is in good health. She is the patron of the Båstad Chamber Music Festival and according to the program she is attending at the opening ceremony on 22nd June.

I also noticed that. It worries me that she might be ill. She's 92 and lives in Båstad so i understand if she doesn't have the strength anymore to go to Stockholm but i really don't hope she is very ill. She's always a lovely sight. So full of grace and dignity, yet very nice and humourous.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Has anyone noticed any Westling or Oneill names on the guest list?
I remember Prince Daniels sister attended Princess Madeleine's wedding in 2013...im wondering if invitations were also sent to the siblings in laws this this time round
Old 06-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
Has anyone noticed any Westling or Oneill names on the guest list?
I remember Prince Daniels sister attended Princess Madeleine's wedding in 2013...im wondering if invitations were also sent to the siblings in laws this this time round
We don't know if someone of prince Daniel's family were invited, but they are not attending. I personally think that if they would have been invited, they would attend. No relatives of Chris either.
Louise Gottlieb and Lovisa de Geer of Madeleine's friends are attending. No friends of Victoria: no Andrea Brodin, no Caroline Nilsson, no Leonie and Karl-Johan Persson, no Caroline Dinkelspiel, who all attended at Madeleine's wedding.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:49 AM
Serene Highness

Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

Don't know if Daniels sister were invited. We will never know for sure. Maybe she's abroad on holiday and couldn't attend.

Daniels parents have asked to not be invited to events like this (if it's not about Daniel and his own family) as they want to continue to be private.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Daniels parents have asked to not be invited to events like this (if it's not about Daniel and his own family) as they want to continue to be private.
Very sensible people they are.

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding