The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Royal Highness

Oh... i'd so love to see P. Caroline of Monaco among the guests... But that's just probably me dreaming...

Old 06-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Maybe but i belive it's according to their wishes. It is said that Madeleine didn't even wanted her wedding to be broadcasted from the beginning.

That there are more soliders this time is because the cortege route is much longer. Madeleine and Chris only took a short route from the palace to Riddarholmen and there went onboard a ship.
Yes, I think too that the bigger amount soldiers is mostly because of the longer cortege route. But it will not be anything like at Victoria's wedding, there were over 6000 soldiers including members of the volunteer defence organisations and the Home Guard.

According to Expressen's article, there will be five military bands at the cortege route.
Här är din guide till prinsvigseln på lördag _ Nyheter _ Expressen

At Madeleine's wedding there were three military bands and at Victoria's twenty bands.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Vasaorden is the boat? The carriage is nice but with the boat through the waters is more romantic.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Vasaorden is the boat? The carriage is nice but with the boat through the waters is more romantic.
Yes, Vasaorden is the boat but no boat for Carl Philip and Sofia. And I don't think it would suit them.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Yes, Vasaorden is the boat but no boat for Carl Philip and Sofia. And I don't think it would suit them.
Why would the spectacular Vasaorden "not suit" Their Royal Highnesses Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duke and Duchess of Värmland?

Picture: the Vasaorden in action.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Why would the spectacular Vasaorden "not suit" Their Royal Highnesses Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duke and Duchess of Värmland?

Picture: the Vasaorden in action.
Don't know if this discussion is suitable in this thread...

Maybe because IT'S remarkable. Vasaorden is rarely used on very special occasions, and has only been used twice this millenium. The state vist from the Japanese Emperor and Empress in 2000, and the Crown Princess Wedding in 2010.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I understand. It is not because Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are "unworthy", it is because the Vasaorden is connected with the grandest royal events, with a (future) Sovereign. In that sense it is indeed a bit 'too much'.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Ah, Kingen already explained. Thanks. And I still think it wouldn't suit their personalities and the kind of wedding they want either.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Of course it is. He is higher in the line of succession, he is a former Crown Prince and he is the next link in the royal dynasty, descending in direct and unbroken male lineage from the first Bernadotte King and destined to extend the link furtherer.
You keep repeating this. But do you think that in a few generations the hypothetical first son of Carl Philips hypothetical first son will be seen more as the Head of the Bernadottes than a hypthetical first daughter of a hypothetical first daughter of Victoria?
I don't think his gender or the fact that he was Crown Prince a few months make him more important to the Bernadotte history than his younger sister.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
You keep repeating this. But do you think that in a few generations the hypothetical first son of Carl Philips hypothetical first son will be seen more as the Head of the Bernadottes than a hypthetical first daughter of a hypothetical first daughter of Victoria?
I don't think his gender or the fact that he was Crown Prince a few months will matter to the Bernadotte history.
I see it like you; him having been a crown prince or beeing male won't change a thing now. I very much hope the days of the patrichiat are gone.

Apart from that - I could never see why the male line should be more important, than the female line...
Old 06-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Has the royal court issued a guest list yet ?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Not yet. I fear it won't be published before Friday, but I hope for tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I don't think his gender or the fact that he was Crown Prince a few months make him more important to the Bernadotte history than his younger sister.
This exactly! I think the reason his wedding is more "grand" than Madeline's is because that is the way each sibling wanted it. Nothing more, nothing less. I would bet that the fact he was at one time the Crown Prince has nothing to do with it.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Oh... i'd so love to see P. Caroline of Monaco among the guests... But that's just probably me dreaming...

I'd be ecstatic, but sadly I don't think there is a chance. Caroline seems to have "retired" from attending Royal weddings and funerals. She only came out if retirement in 2012 for Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg's wedding perhaps because Grand Duke Henri is a childhood friend.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I understand. It is not because Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are "unworthy", it is because the Vasaorden is connected with the grandest royal events, with a (future) Sovereign. In that sense it is indeed a bit 'too much'.
well... in a way they are unworthy, based on the impressive credentials of the previous events where the vasaorden was used.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish those fabulous boats were used once a year in some grand national event instead of almost never
Old 06-11-2015, 01:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning met Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at an event in Hotel Diplomat on Wednesday and asked her about Victoria's dress at the wedding. "It shall be a surprise, but it will be something cool", said Tina. Who is styling Estelle? "Her mother makes that", Tina said.
https://instagram.com/p/3wZAaYpLDM/?...enskdamtidning
Old 06-11-2015, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Something cool? Intrigued me to see that cool.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
When I first read this on another post I thought it was a joke... it seems it isn't now then...
You highlighted the mention of Sofia's hairdresser so I assume he is the target of your comment. He (with his wife) has for 13+ years had a very successful salon in central Stockholm and often participates in that capacity in major events and shows. I am sure all the recent princesses that have married have included their personal stylists, hairdressers, make-up assistants and other professionals in their guest list.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Something cool? Intrigued me to see that cool.
So "cool" is cool again!

That's cool!

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding