The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Svensk Damtidning against Expressen. Let's see who has better sources.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Both Svensk Damtidning and Expressen have told that according to their sources, the guests have been asked to be at Strandvägen on a certain time to wait for a boat. Svensk Damtidning claims that they will go to the Ulriksdal Palace, and Expressen that they will go to Vaxholm Fortress.

I guess the journalists will hire taxiboats and follow the ships that leaves Strandvägen with the royals :-D Quite sad if they really asked for a Private event as also the royals have a right to a private life.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
And what about the rehearsal dinner? Do we have some news yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Rehearsal dinner? I don't think royal households, with all the experienced staff serving so many official dinners and banquets, needs any rehearsal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The weddings I've been invited to has never included rehearsal dinners so it's not a common feature in Sweden. That said they will have a party the night before the wedding like both Victoria and Madeleine did.
I think rehearsal dinners are definitely a US tradition.

However, the royal families tend to have a gala evening before the wedding so they can catch up on friends and family and just be themselves. The host family won't get a really good chance to catch up on the wedding day, what with wedding details, photos, balcony appearances and receptions that go on until the wee small hours.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

An article about the preparations of the wedding at the website of the Armed Forces. 1400 soldiers will work at this wedding, 500 soldiers more than at Madeleine's wedding.
Prinsbröllopet – slutet på en intensiv period - Försvarsmakten
Translation

According to Expressen, Avicii will play at Carl Philip's and Sofia's private dinner at the Vaxholm fortress on Friday. He performs also in Stockholm at Summerburst. Due to the schedule, they have to perhaps transport Avicii by a chopper or a speedboat. Expressen notifies, that Aftonbladet has in many articles written that Avicii will play at the dinner after the wedding. But Avicii is on Saturday in the Netherlands.
Avicii till Carl Philips och Sofias privata fest _ Nöje _ Expressen
Translation
Old 06-09-2015, 02:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen tells that there was a rehearsal to the wedding yesterday late in the afternoon at the Royal Palace. Sofia arrived to the Palace with her Mitsubishi. Maline Sommerlath came to the Palace with her daughters Chloé and Anais, they are thought to be bridal children. Sofia's friend from Paradise Hotel, her hairdresser Marre Hitti came there, he is going to do Sofia's hairdo to the wedding. Sofia's friend, make-up artist William Värnild came also to the Palace. Also reverend Michael Bjerkhagen was at the rehearsal. Right after 21.00 Sofia left the Palace.
Sofias hemliga genrep på slottet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 06-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Expressen tells that there was a rehearsal to the wedding yesterday late in the afternoon at the Royal Palace. Sofia arrived to the Palace with her Mitsubishi. Maline Sommerlath came to the Palace with her daughters Chloé and Anais, they are thought to be bridal children. Sofia's friend from Paradise Hotel, her hairdresser Marre Hitti came there, he is going to do Sofia's hairdo to the wedding. Sofia's friend, make-up artist William Värnild came also to the Palace. Also reverend Michael Bjerkhagen was at the rehearsal. Right after 21.00 Sofia left the Palace.
Sofias hemliga genrep på slottet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
When I first read this on another post I thought it was a joke... it seems it isn't now then...
Old 06-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
When I first read this on another post I thought it was a joke... it seems it isn't now then...

It was definitely not a joke. I spoke to a person in the court diocese i know and all days until the weddinh are now fully booked with different kinds of Rehearsals and preparations.

It is very close now 😃👍
Old 06-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
It was definitely not a joke. I spoke to a person in the court diocese i know and all days until the weddinh are now fully booked with different kinds of Rehearsals and preparations.

It is very close now 😃👍
I was referring to Sofia's friend from that reality show. Anyway, interesting... you've got important contacts then...
Old 06-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Chloe and Anais Sommerlath will be well practised at being flower girls, they were part of Madeleine's wedding too!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
In America, the evening prior to the actual ceremony, the wedding party reenacts the entire wedding ceremony. Almost like a "dress performance" without the actual dresses. After getting ceremony correct in eyes of minister or priest, the wedding party has a lovely rehearsal dinner then leaves to get sleep and ready for next exciting day. This dinner is not for all attending wedding, just principle members of the ceremony. Here it is the responsibility of the grooms parents to provide this dinner as the bride's parents will provide the wedding reception after the wedding event. The rehearsal dinner is a lively happy event among close friends and normally only private photos are taken and cherished.
The bride doesn't actually rehearse as it is considered "bad luck". Now in the US the rehearsal dinner has become oftentimes not just a dinner for those in the wedding party but an "out of town guests" dinner.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

According to Billed Bladed, Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana of Greece will be amoung the guests.
Prins Nikolaos og prinsesse Tatiana kommer også til det svenske bryllup | Billed Bladet

Old 06-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The wedding is apparently scheduled for 4.30 pm Swedish time. That's 12.30 am Sunday morning where I live. Not sure I'll be able to stay awake long enough to watch the TV coverage, if I can even find it. I have a VPN so I can pretend I'm watching from Sweden. That won't help me stay awake though.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:40 AM
Serene Highness

Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
According to Billed Bladed, Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana of Greece will be amoung the guests.
Prins Nikolaos og prinsesse Tatiana kommer også til det svenske bryllup | Billed Bladet

Nice :) I began to think that there may not be anyone there from the former Greek royal family.
Not surprising that it is the Prince Couple who will be there and not the Crown Prince Couple given at Nikolaos have always been the closest to Victoria, Carl-Philip and Madeleine.

But i am a little bit surprised that Nikolaos parents apparently won't be there.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie also didn't attend Princess Madeleine's wedding. But back then the family was represented by Pavlos and MC, Nikolaos and Tatiana, Theodora and Nikolaos.

Nothing about the Berleburgs so far. Since Billed Bladed hasn't yet found out anything, I fear there won't be anyone from that family.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie also didn't attend Princess Madeleine's wedding. But back then the family was represented by Pavlos and MC, Nikolaos and Tatiana, Theodora and Nikolaos.

Nothing about the Berleburgs so far. Since Billed Bladed hasn't yet found out anything, I fear there won't be anyone from that family.

Maybe C and A-M see it as a question of court protocol even if it's not really the case for them as they aren't ruling their country. But who knows.

Benedikte will definitely not attend this time as everyone else from Denmark will and she has to stay and "hold the fort".
Don't know if Gustav and Carina will attend. I have always had a feeling that the Berleburg children is not very close to the swedish royals (though their parents are).
Old 06-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
An article about the preparations of the wedding at the website of the Armed Forces. 1400 soldiers will work at this wedding, 500 soldiers more than at Madeleine's wedding.
Prinsbröllopet – slutet på en intensiv period - Försvarsmakten
Translation
It looks like everything is on a bigger scale for CP than for Madeleine.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Of course it is. He is higher in the line of succession, he is a former Crown Prince and he is the next link in the royal dynasty, descending in direct and unbroken male lineage from the first Bernadotte King and destined to extend the link furtherer.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Serene Highness

Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

Maybe but i belive it's according to their wishes. It is said that Madeleine didn't even wanted her wedding to be broadcasted from the beginning.

That there are more soliders this time is because the cortege route is much longer. Madeleine and Chris only took a short route from the palace to Riddarholmen and there went onboard a ship.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Anything closer to Victoria wedding! Will they row those wonderful boats?
Old 06-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Anything closer to Victoria wedding! Will they row those wonderful boats?
The Vasaorden? No there will be no Tour with it through the Waters of Stockholm.
But as the carriage ends at Logarden it think there is a possibilita that like at the Kind and Queen's and Victoria's Wedding the guests will come out to Logarden to receive the bridal Couple there when they come back to the Palace.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding