The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
The most important thing in my eyes is that they have the wedding of their dreams, no matter what.
Exactly. The last thing she should think about is what some complete strangers think about her when it comes to the choice of her wedding dress and all that goes with the wedding.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I completely agree. It must be a pain in the arse to find a date that suits everyone – I'm glad it's not my job.
I agree, I wouldn't want to do it either.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

I think the Couple wanted to marry in June so they only had 2 dates to choose as on 06. June ist the swedish national Day which is a Saturday in 2015 and on 20. June is Midsummer which is also a big day in Sweden. So probably the had only the choose between 13. and 27. June or to have the Wedding in another Month
Old 10-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think the Couple wanted to marry in June so they only had 2 dates to choose as on 06. June ist the swedish national Day which is a Saturday in 2015 and on 20. June is Midsummer which is also a big day in Sweden. So probably the had only the choose between 13. and 27. June or to have the Wedding in another Month
Why would it have to be on a Saturday?
Old 10-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the idea of sending Sophie would be great. She could arrive with one of the other royal couple like how Charlène arrived with her and Edward at Madeleine's wedding. I, for one, would like to see her arrive alongside either Frederik and Mary or Victoria and Daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
BRF could send the Cambridges. They probably won't be doing anything.
William is an even more important part of Trooping than Edward. That wouldn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Probably to suit the general public who would like to watch the wedding. I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Denmark, you generally don't get married on Sundays and as for weekdays, a good amount of the guest wouldn't be able to attend on a weekday because they have work.

I know that when Frederik and Mary held the twins's christening on a Thursday there was a lot of commotion about how that was unjust to the public who wouldn't be able to see it to the same extent as if they had scheduled it to be on a Saturday.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Probably because it's a tradition. For those guests with regular jobs it will be much easier if it's a weekend. Most of those citizens who want to watch the wedding on TV or in the streets will have a day of anyway. And probably half of central Stockholm would have to be closed for either security or the expected spectators. It would probably be quite disturbing for part of Stockholm buisiness life if it were a weekday, with roads blocked, etc.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Probably because it's a tradition. For those guests with regular jobs it will be much easier if it's a weekend. Most of those citizens who want to watch the wedding on TV or in the streets will have a day of anyway. And probably half of central Stockholm would have to be closed for either security or the expected spectators. It would probably be quite disturbing for part of Stockholm buisiness life if it were a weekday, with roads blocked, etc.
You said it all. And as far as I know, all royal weddings have taken place on a Saturday. Both in and outside Sweden.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You said it all. And as far as I know, all royal weddings have taken place on a Saturday. Both in and outside Sweden.
Not all. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were married on a Friday. I woke up at four in the morning to watch the wedding.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

British royal weddings for the senior royals - the monarch, monarch's children and direct line grandchildren - are weekdays not weekends.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Not at all the case. Off the top of my head :
Charles and Diana Wednesday July 21,1981
Sarah and Andrew Monday March 17, 1986
Kate and William Friday April 29, 2011
Old 10-25-2014, 03:34 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I have deleted several posts for being OT. Let's try not to see offence in each and every comment written about Sofia by other posters.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts speculating on which members of various royal families will attend the wedding have been moved to Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings.

This thread is to be kept for factual and official information regarding the wedding.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Andrew and Sarah announced their engagement in Feb/March 1986, but the wedding took place the following Wednesday July 23rd, 1986.

One of the most beautiful British Royal weddings ever, imo.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
British royal weddings for the senior royals - the monarch, monarch's children and direct line grandchildren - are weekdays not weekends.
That is why I said "as far as I know". The British weddings are the exception then, the others have taken place on Saturdays. Which, IMO, is the most practical day.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
That is why I said "as far as I know". The British weddings are the exception then, the others have taken place on Saturdays. Which, IMO, is the most practical day.
Crown prince Frederik and crown princess Mary got married on Friday 14th May 2004.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Crown prince Frederik and crown princess Mary got married on Friday 14th May 2004.
Well, okay then, by my knowledge most weddings are Saturday events. It is at least the day I have gotten used to for these occasions.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Recent Swedish Royal Wedding dates

The future Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden married Princess Margaret of Connaught on the 15th June 1905 and following her death he later married Lady Louise Mountbatten on the 3rd of November 1923

Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten married Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha on October 19th,1932

Ingrid of Sweden married the future Frederick IX of Denmark on the 24th of May 1935.

Prince Bertil, Duke of Halland married Lillian May Davies on the 7th of December 1976

Princess Margaretha married John Ambler on June 30th,1964

Princess Birgitta married Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern on the 25th of May 1961

Princess Désirée married Baron Nils-August Otto Carl Niclas Silfverschiöld on June 5th,1964.

Princess Christina married Tord Gösta Magnuson on June 15th,1974.

King Carl XVI Gustaf married Silvia Sommerlath on the 19th of June 1976.

Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden married Daniel Westling on the 19th of June 2010

Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland married Christopher O'Neill on the 8th of June 2013
Old 10-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Well, okay then, by my knowledge most weddings are Saturday events. It is at least the day I have gotten used to for these occasions.
On the other hand, if it's a Friday, everyone gets a 3 day weekend!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Swedish Republican Association:
Since it is not a state event that the head of state's son marries the wedding should have got to be a private matter, but the court has chosen to make it as public as possible.
- The Royal Family does consciously their private events to public publicity stunts. It is a strategy to maintain the political power and the economic benefits they receive through the monarchy. For the glitter and glamour, they can increase their popularity and shift the focus from an important debate on the future form of government, says the president of the Republican Association, Mia Sydow Mölleby.
Kungliga bröllop är pr-jippon - Republikanska föreningen
Translation
Old 10-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Swedish Republican Association:
Since it is not a state event that the head of state's son marries the wedding should have got to be a private matter, but the court has chosen to make it as public as possible.
- The Royal Family does consciously their private events to public publicity stunts. It is a strategy to maintain the political power and the economic benefits they receive through the monarchy. For the glitter and glamour, they can increase their popularity and shift the focus from an important debate on the future form of government, says the president of the Republican Association, Mia Sydow Mölleby.
Kungliga bröllop är pr-jippon - Republikanska föreningen
Translation
They're supposed to say that, aren't they, or they wouldn't be a good "republican association"

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding