The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Didn't the king and queen of Jordan take their eldest daughter to the wedding of Victoria and Daniel?

But other than that I can not name any example indeed, so it is not likely that Princess Elisabeth will join her mother. I am sure HM will have a lady-in-waiting to keep her company though .
Princess Elisabeth is still a child. Too young to participate in the wedding festivities before and after the wedding itself but too old to be handed over to a Nanny as Estelle was at Madeleines wedding and Estelle and (hopefully) Leonore will be again at Carl Philip's wedding. The "family" part of a royal wedding is restricted to close family and those in the wedding party itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
As others pointed out it may have been that the Belgian RF had a lot on at the time, Madeleine's wedding was around the same time as King Albert announced his abdication so it could be no one was free to attend.
I think personally that there seems to be a difference between this wedding and Madeleine's wedding, Madeleine only seemed to invite royals close to the family with few sovereign couples. Maybe the bigger royal attendance is in reflection of the fact Carl Philip was crown prince for a little while and is the 2nd child not the 3rd, who knows.
As noted, the Abdication fell after the wedding but there is no way you could convince me that there wasn't and lot of turmoil and angst in the weeks leading up to the announcement.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

A short clip of the first part of the interview/document from TV4. Carl Philip says "I may not have known the magic of love before I met Sofia, but then I met Sofia, I really feel how it can transform a person".
Prins Carl Philip: "Känner kärlekens magi nu när jag träffat Sofia" - TV4 Play

That wasn't perhaps very nice towards to Emma Pernald, with whom Carl Philip was for 10 years.

Not everyone is just sugar towards the wedding and happy couple.
Jan-Olov Andersson writes at his chronicle in Aftonbladet:
Interview with Carl Philip and Sofia was a disaster
My God, how soapy TV 4's interview with Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist was!
It is half an hour long. Feels like a more reasonable length, given how little reasonable was said in Tilde de Paula Eby's meeting with the couple. Now it was history, elements of Sofia's (most deserving) work with children and young people in South Africa and then a little about the prince's dyslexia. All to be able to add to it a publicity hour positive TV. And still 45 minutes to, next Monday ...
The interview was the verge of disaster.
Didn't the (typically professional) Tilde de Paula Eby want or wasn't she allowed to ask follow-up questions? Why it wasn't jumped to the things that had made the couple more human? His racing dreams that often end in crashes and broken race. Her past as a glamour model and "Paradise Hotel" committers.
Now during the full interview it felt that the couple little stiffly played themselves, following the screenplay made by the court's press department.
- I may not have known love magic before Sofia, said Carl Philip.
If I were Emma Pernald, who was with him for ten years, I would clench the bastard next time I met him.
Intervjun med Carl Philip och Sofia var katastrof _ Jan-Olov Andersson _ Krönikörer _ Nöjesbladet _ Aftonbladet

Bunte writes also about what Carl Philip said about the magic of love.
Carl Philip von Schweden_ Fieser Seitenhieb auf seine Ex! _ BUNTE.de

Unfortunately at the moment, the interview/documentary can be seen only in Sweden. I recorded it to my digibox and watch it later.
Prins Carl Philip och Sofia del 1 - TV4 Play

Old 06-02-2015, 03:09 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, they obviously weren't each others 'true love' (whatever that is) as they both moved on and found hapiness elsewhere. I doubt that Emma is upset, she seems to have a nice family of her own and I am sure she is enjoying her life as it is.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:58 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder why that Jan-Olof Andersson chooses to see Carl Philip's statement of what he feels as dissing Emma. I doubt very much that Emma cares, both she and Carl Philip have moved on to partners who suit them better.
What I see is that the years with Emma have shaped him into the man he is today, ready for marriage with his true love.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

IMO that was a cheap shot at Emma, even if I think she doesn't care and has her family to mind... "he has experienced what true love is with Sofia"... well he had been in a relationship with Emma for ten years, not ten months... that meant nothing for him then? Sure, they both have moved on but ten years of life can't be reduced to a infatuation. I think Emma wouldn't talk of an important previous relationship as not true love like this... if you know what I mean
Old 06-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Serene Highness

I'm convinced he didn't mean that the relationship with Emma meant nothing or was only an 'infatuation' - it was just another kind of relationship than the one he has with Sofia. I don't see why that is so difficult to understand. Besides, lengths don't say anything about the content of things.
But it is as usual with this couple - they just can't win with some people so it's the well-known making a mountain out of a molehill.

I guess that for some people he would have to explain in detail how his relationship with Emma went and where and how exactly it went wrong if those people wanted to accept that the relationship has been over for years now. Emma won't be his wife, she is better suited with someone else. Sofia will be his wife, he is better suited with her.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Well, they obviously weren't each others 'true love' (whatever that is) as they both moved on and found hapiness elsewhere. I doubt that Emma is upset, she seems to have a nice family of her own and I am sure she is enjoying her life as it is.
I totally agree.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I'm convinced he didn't mean that the relationship with Emma meant nothing or was only an 'infatuation' (which is really only interpretation) - it was just another kind of relationship than the one he has with Sofia. I don't see why that is so difficult to understand. Besides, lengths don't say anything about the content of things.
But it is as usual with this couple - they just can't win with some people so it's the well-known making a mountain out of a molehill.

It would have been better if he had said that Sofia is his "soul mate" rather than "true love" then... No one would have noticed a snarky shot I think... It wouldnt have been read as a discredit of ex partners IMO.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

i don't know where exactly to post this so mods feel free to move the post in another thread:

I didn't expect Emma to speak on this but I guess it was her right.
(Classy and diplomatic answer IMO)

Emma Pernald interviewed in Aftonbladet about Carl Philips opinion that he never felt true love before:

http://www.aftonbladet.se...llopet/article20896313.ab

"In an exclusive interview for Aftonbladet Emma wants to have her say about the prince's comment. She underlines that she is neither angry or bitter and that she today is more happy than ever. But she did do a jump (studsade till) when she heard what the prince had said. - It was odd to hear that. I felt love the years we shared together, says Emma Pernald.
---
Emma Pernald has read the comments about the article (Jan Olof Anderssons article about the interview) and says that she doesn't have to take Jan Olof on his word, and then laughs".
Old 06-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince's statement in the interview, which aired on Monday night, has attracted attention both in Sweden and abroad.
The cause of the resurrection?
For ten years Carl Philip was together with Emma Pernald.
After the breakup with the prince in 2009, she has gone on to a new relationship. Today she works as a project manager at the advertising agency McCann but is now on maternity leave. Earlier this year she gave birth to her and husband Tomas Jonson's second child.
Emma Pernald chose to give her views exclusively to Aftonbladet on the prince's comment. She would like to emphasize that she is not angry or bitter, and today she is happier than ever.
But she bounced anyway when she heard what the prince had said.
- It was strange to hear. I felt love on the ten years we shared, says Emma Pernald.
German Bunte criticizes the prince's comment and writes that it was not very gallant. Aftonbladet's Jan-Olov Andersson was also very critical in his chronicle.
Emma Pernald has taken note of the reactions that flowed in after the TV4 interview.
- But I may not need to take your columnist on words, she laughs.
Emma Pernald_ Märkligt att höra _ Prinsbröllopet _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Bravo Emma, well handled, like always.

Tilde de Paula Eby's selfie from the making of the interview.
https://instagram.com/p/3YwXpVIjgA/?...y=tildedepaula
Old 06-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Just posted the same interview on the general news thread LadyFinn

It seems it's not just a bunch of posters who caused a storm in a teapot
Old 06-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for the follow-up, Marty and LF. I moved Marty's post here to keep things central.

I would say that the best way to handle the press is not to reply at all and to put the phone down. But all considering the answers could be worse. She seems to be a gracious woman.

On a different note: let's try to stop referring to each other as 'some people' 'a bunch of posters' and such. It isn't very good for the atmosphere in this thread.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

The national team of swedish confectioners will make the wedding cake.
Svenska Konditorlandslaget skapar bröllopstårtan - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 06-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thanks for the follow-up, Marty and LF. I moved Marty's post here to keep things central.

On a different note: let's try to stop referring to each other as 'some people' 'a bunch of posters' and such. It isn't very good for the atmosphere in this thread.

I am sorry I didn't mean is as an offence... I wanted to say: some poster members". My mistake
Old 06-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

I suppose even Emma Pernald could learn to recognize nuances and apply them. There are different kinds of relationships and his relationship with Sofia has transformed him - but that doesn't mean that he did not feel love for Emma when they were together. I think it is rather sad for her if she interpreted it that way. And the press loves this kind of stuff and blows it up into a big extravaganza.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think Emma has to answer at all. She has a wonderful family and this only she must have important for her.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Just posted the same interview on the general news thread LadyFinn

It seems it's not just a bunch of posters who caused a storm in a teapot
No, it is a bunch of greedy gossip magazine editors who want to create a storm in a teacup to sell more issues.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Majesty

What a disaster!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Haven't seen this posted yet:

Quote:
13.06.2015 Kongelig bryllup
H.M. Dronningen, DD.KK.HH. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen, Prinsesse Märtha Louise og Ari Behn er til stede ved feiringen av bryllupet mellom H.K.H. Prins Carl Philip av Sverige og Sofia Hellqvist.
Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, and Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn will attend the wedding from Norway.

From the calendar on Kongehuset.no
Old 06-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
No, it is a bunch of greedy gossip magazine editors who want to create a storm in a teacup to sell more issues.
What di you expect? The can't have press always praising them... really

And what I meant is that I wasn't (and few others) the only one to notice CP's remark as odd...

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding