The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I think it's a good PR-move to broadcast the dinner. Just imagine if we had missed out on Daniels speech five years ago. I think that was the real starting point to his brilliant work for the royal family. If Chris did somehting similar.. well, we will never know.

Apparently Chris did hold a very good speech at his and Madeleines wedding dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist ask for charitable donations - hellomagazine.com

Old 05-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
At Victoria's wedding the official guest list was released two days before the wedding and at Madeleine's wedding the day before the wedding.

The official wedding website was just opened with new photos. And new CV for Sofia, which tells that Sofia founded Project Playground, but doesn't mention anything about that she founded it with Frida Vesterberg. The CV doesn't tell when she graduated from upper secondary school.
Prinsparets bröllop - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photos
Pressrum - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

thank you
didnt know she was a yoga instructor
Old 05-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Actually what I suspected. Madeleine expressed after her wedding that she (and Chris) somewhat regretted that the dinner wasn't broadcasted. Since then have I been thinking that this wedding would be broadcasted in its whole.

And it is very happy news!
I understand they broadcast the dinner speeches and the wedding cake. Not the diner itself. Rightly so, it is their wedding, let them have some moments entre nous for their family, friends and themselves.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Så sänds bröllopet i SVT - Nyheter | SVT.se

ttp://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/dalarna/sa-sands-brollopet-i-svt?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=sprakpunkten

This mentions at the bottom that the BBC is broadcasting the Wedding?
Have I got this wrong?
Old 05-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Så sänds bröllopet i SVT - Nyheter | SVT.se

ttp://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/dalarna/sa-sands-brollopet-i-svt?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=sprakpunkten

This mentions at the bottom that the BBC is broadcasting the Wedding?
Have I got this wrong?

The Swedish public broadcaster SVT is broadcasting the wedding. It appears that Google Translator, when translating from Swedish to English, translates SVT as BBC, but that is not accurate.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
SVT broadcasts the wedding, the cortege, the dinner with speeches and the wedding cake.
very unexpected indeed that they are showing the dinner and speeches! i was expecting it to be like madeleine's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Actually what I suspected. Madeleine expressed after her wedding that she (and Chris) somewhat regretted that the dinner wasn't broadcasted. Since then have I been thinking that this wedding would be broadcasted in its whole.

And it is very happy news!
is that what madeleine said then? maybe it was her recommendation to CP and sophia that made them change their minds.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very excited to see the speeches

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Apparently Chris did hold a very good speech at his and Madeleines wedding dinner.
I'm sure he did. I think he's a great speaker. That makes it even more sad that we didn't get to hear/watch the speeches.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court just corrected to Sofia's official biography to the official wedding page that she founded Project Playground together with Frida Vesterberg in 2010, at the original version read that Sofia founded Project Playground in 2010.. Maybe they have been reading the comments at the website of Svensk Damtidning, many people were really angry that the court was lying and had left Frida totally without mention.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia have given an interview to SVT and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow. The program "Sofia and prince Carl Philip" will be shown on SVT1 and SVT Play on Friday 12th at 20.00.
Min intervju med prinsparet! _ Ebbas Blogg _ SVT.se

The Royal Mews invites the press on Wednesday 20th May at 10.00 to hear about the preparations for the wedding cortege. The Court Equerry Mertil Melin hosts the event. The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren will also be there.
Pressinbjudan - Hovstallets bröllopsförberedelser - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 05-14-2015, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I would be surprised when SVT shows the whole diner. What is the point watching people eat for two hours? Come on.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I would be surprised when SVT shows the whole diner. What is the point watching people eat for two hours? Come on.
They don't show when the royals and guests eat. They show when they arrive to the dinner, when the dishes are brought and then the program hosts discuss with their studio guests during when the people eat like they did at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. And show the people only when they don't eat. Just like at the Nobel banquet, they don't show when people eat. They probably show some short clips from the wedding and discuss about that too.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

At the Nobels and Victoria's wedding they also showed the entertainment between the courses, which is always beautiful to watch! I guess it will be similar at this wedding.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
They don't show when the royals and guests eat. They show when they arrive to the dinner, when the dishes are brought and then the program hosts discuss with their studio guests during when the people eat like they did at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. And show the people only when they don't eat. Just like at the Nobel banquet, they don't show when people eat. They probably show some short clips from the wedding and discuss about that too.
That is what I thought too: the speeches, the eventual musical intermezzos, etc. A few posts ago in this thread the suggestion was made that SVT would broadcast the whole diner and I already heavily doubted that.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That is what I thought too: the speeches, the eventual musical intermezzos, etc. A few posts ago in this thread the suggestion was made that SVT would broadcast the whole diner and I already heavily doubted that.

SVT says at their press release that they broadcast the dinner. But that doesn't mean that they will show the whole dinner. I would be surprised if there will be musical intermezzos during the dinner.

According to Expressen, Sofia Hellqvist has very early wanted to make their wedding celebration to the entire Swedish people's party and show it on TV. Prince Carl Philip has been more hesitant, but for Sofia Hellqvist there has never been any doubt.
Sofia gör som Victoria – festen visas i tv _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Old 05-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

According to Expressen, Sofia Hellqvist has very early wanted to make their wedding celebration to the entire Swedish people's party and show it on TV.
Sofia's position is consistent with someone who agreed to be on a TV reality show in the past. I mean, sharing your private life with millions of people.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:01 AM
Courtier

Not that Expressen is the absolute source of all truths, but if they're right, I can see several reasons behind it. The main one would be that so many positive things came out of the TV-broadcast from V&D's wedding dinner. It really is a chance to get some good PR. Madeleine and Chris didn't, but Sofia knows that media can be both a friend and a foe. So why don't make them your friend and get some great PR?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Most likely, we won't be seeing the royals and their guest eating dinner folks. We don't have to start turning this around on Sofia. We did see a great deal during Victoria & Daniel's wedding dinner.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
SVT says at their press release that they broadcast the dinner. But that doesn't mean that they will show the whole dinner. I would be surprised if there will be musical intermezzos during the dinner.

According to Expressen, Sofia Hellqvist has very early wanted to make their wedding celebration to the entire Swedish people's party and show it on TV. Prince Carl Philip has been more hesitant, but for Sofia Hellqvist there has never been any doubt.
Sofia gör som Victoria – festen visas i tv _ Nyheter _ Expressen
I totally agree. Just because SVT states that they will show the whole dinner, it doesn't mean we will see the guests eat. There is no entertaining value, or value in that at all.

What we could expect as said before, the arrival and departures to/from the dinner, the courses being served and the speeches. And this is nothing unique. This is how it is done in Denmark on royal birthdays and jubilees being broadcasted, it was what we saw for Victoria and Daniel's wedding and it is what we see every year for the Nobel banquets. Business as usual.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding