Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be 35 specialized Volvo XC90 cars (Wedding edition) transporting the guests at the wedding. The court has had three XC90 loaned now before the wedding. The king has tried one and Chris and Madeleine left with one from the banns of the marriage last Sunday.
Här kör Chris O'Neill kungens nya drömbil _ Allt om bilar _ Expressen
Translation

At Victoria's wedding there were 85 specialized Volvos and 60 at Madeleine's. At both weddings were used two models of Volvos, so it is possible that at this wedding is used also other Volvos as XC90.

There will be 35 specialized Volvo XC90 cars (Wedding edition) transporting the guests at the wedding. The court has had three XC90 loaned now before the wedding. The king has tried one and Chris and Madeleine left with one from the banns of the marriage last Sunday.
Här kör Chris O'Neill kungens nya drömbil _ Allt om bilar _ Expressen
Translation

At Victoria's wedding there were 85 specialized Volvos and 60 at Madeleine's. At both weddings were used two models of Volvos, so it is possible that at this wedding is used also other Volvos as XC90.

Where do these Volvos coming from? Are they loaned from other state services? It goes a bit too far to purchase 35 cars for a wedding...

:whistling:

Where do these Volvos coming from? Are they loaned from other state services? It goes a bit too far to purchase 35 cars for a wedding...

:whistling:

Google translate is not always reliable, but as i understand it, the cars are lianed from Volvo and after the wedding Volvo will sell them on..

Last edited:
The Royal Wedding Interviews on 1, and 8 June, 2015.

Are they 2 different interviews?

Its a shame I won't understand a word of what is said? English subtitles would be great?

Billed Bladet writes today that the court has confirmed that QMII and Mary and Frederik will attend the wedding.

They quote Lene Balleby from the PR-office.

(Correction: Prince Henrik does NOT attend. I need new glasses. Thanks, Roskilde).

Last edited:
Thank you.

It will be nice if someone speaking Swedish will tell in short words what they said in this interview.

They say that they founded a foundation in connection to the wedding because they are very engaged on the issues regarding children and youth. Sofia says that she will be very active at Project Playground after the wedding. Now when she is not the general secretary anymore, she focuses on more long term issues. They are thankful and happy about all the congratulations regarding the wedding. They are nervous but are waiting for the wedding. They are good to focus on to eachother and create safety together. They are in the beginning of their official life. It feels exciting and they are very proud to be able to represent Sweden as a couple. Sofia says that Carl Philip is very humble and loving. Carl Philip says that Sofia has a very big heart, she has her feet on the ground and he feels himself calm and safe with her. They are touched about the great love that has been shown to them and that's why they want to share their wedding with everyone.

Last edited:
:previous:
Yes, perhaps PH will sail home from the Faroe Islands, while QMII has to fly ahead. She has to be back for the general election in DK before she can go to Sweden. - But don't be surprised if QMII has to cancel her attendance to the wedding, if there is no clear winner of the election and a "Queen round" is necessary. - In that case Joachim and our Marie may suddenly have to step in at the wedding or Benedikte for that matter.

That poor woman! Hasn't she had enough politicians endlessly shuffling up and down the stairs at Amalienborg to present new members of government these last few years and now it has to start all over again. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: I never cease to be amazed at the "International Political and Cultural Knowledge" that is shared on TRF!

Why various Royals can or cannot attend the wedding, the notion that Queen Margrethe may have to stay home if a "Queen Round" is required after the Elections sends my fingers flying to find out just what that is. And then there are the "Press Rules", from dress to ladders is more grist to the mill.

Umm, isn't the Danish election the week after the wedding?

:previous: I never cease to be amazed at the "International Political and Cultural Knowledge" that is shared on TRF!

Why various Royals can or cannot attend the wedding, the notion that Queen Margrethe may have to stay home if a "Queen Round" is required after the Elections sends my fingers flying to find out just what that is. And then there are the "Press Rules", from dress to ladders is more grist to the mill.

Umm, isn't the Danish election the week after the wedding?

It is, that's why I deleted my post.

Victoria's wedding was attended by the full force from Belgium: Albert, Paola, Philippe, Mathilde, Astrid, Lorenz, Laurent and Claire. At Madeleine's wedding there was no one from Belgium. But wasn't that around the time of the abdication? Probably they had their hands full with preparations? It must have been very busy for the Belgian RF.

It is a pity that Mathilde will attend alone, but it's still lovely that she will be there.

Victoria's wedding was attended by the full force from Belgium: Albert, Paola, Philippe, Mathilde, Astrid, Lorenz, Laurent and Claire. At Madeleine's wedding there was no one from Belgium. But wasn't that around the time of the abdication? Probably they had their hands full with preparations? It must have been very busy for the Belgian RF.

It is a pity that Mathilde will attend alone, but it's still lovely that she will be there.

King Albert II. announcd his abidaction on 03.07.2013 so some weeks after Madeleine's Wedding. But it is great that Queen Mathilde will attend the Wedding.

Wim Dehandschutter ‏@WDehandschutter Queen Mathilde of Belgium will travel to Stockholm to attend the marriage of the Swedish prince Carl Philip (13 June)

On the court calendar
La Monarchie belge: Accueil - Actueel - Agenda - Mariage de Son Altesse Royale le Prince Carl Philip de Suède avec Mademoiselle Sofia Hellqvist
"Her Majesty The Queen attends the wedding of HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden with Miss Sofia Hellqvist. The Queen will represent His Majesty the King, The celebration is held in the Royal Chapel of the Royal Palace in Stockholm."

It's nice that Mathilde will go, but I wonder why Philippe isn't going with her. Does he have an important engagement on June 13?

Maybe she will take her daughter with her? Would be neat :flowers:

That would be lovely, but for some reason I can't imagine that Elisabeth will attend with her mother since the royal guests haven't really brought their children to weddings unless they're part of the immediate family of the bride or groom or are part of the bridal party.

Didn't the king and queen of Jordan take their eldest daughter to the wedding of Victoria and Daniel?

But other than that I can not name any example indeed, so it is not likely that Princess Elisabeth will join her mother. I am sure HM will have a lady-in-waiting to keep her company though ;).

On the court calendar
La Monarchie belge: Accueil - Actueel - Agenda - Mariage de Son Altesse Royale le Prince Carl Philip de Suède avec Mademoiselle Sofia Hellqvist
"Her Majesty The Queen attends the wedding of HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden with Miss Sofia Hellqvist. The Queen will represent His Majesty the King, The celebration is held in the Royal Chapel of the Royal Palace in Stockholm."

Is the Queen of the Belgians attending because she is personally closer to Carl Philip than Madeleine , or because Carl Philip as 3rd in line to the throne ranks higher than his younger sister ?

I believe that at the time it was said that Madeleine's wedding stayed relatively low-key as that was the wish of the princess. The wedding of the prince seems somewhat grander in all aspects, possibly also in the invitations sent to other courts?

I can't think it is due to any special friendship between the Queen and the prince. There is a substantial age-gap between the two pairs and the Belgians seem to mix more with the Habsburgs, Luxembourgs and other ultra-catholic royals/nobles (yes I know that Victoria is the godmother of Pss Eleonore). But you never know of course.
It is nice that Mathilde is going though. I expected Pss Astrid; the wedding would have been a great excuse for her to wear the gorgeous Savoy emeralds of ADss Robert again.

From the Netherlands it is certain that the Queen will not go as she has an engagement on the day. Perhaps the king will go alone or perhaps his mother or brother & sister-in-law. Carl-Philip attended a lot of foreign royal events over the years so I am sure many will show up now too.

Last edited:
As others pointed out it may have been that the Belgian RF had a lot on at the time, Madeleine's wedding was around the same time as King Albert announced his abdication so it could be no one was free to attend.
I think personally that there seems to be a difference between this wedding and Madeleine's wedding, Madeleine only seemed to invite royals close to the family with few sovereign couples. Maybe the bigger royal attendance is in reflection of the fact Carl Philip was crown prince for a little while and is the 2nd child not the 3rd, who knows.

It is great that Queen Mathilde will attend the upcoming wedding.

Didn't the king and queen of Jordan take their eldest daughter to the wedding of Victoria and Daniel?

But other than that I can not name any example indeed, so it is not likely that Princess Elisabeth will join her mother. I am sure HM will have a lady-in-waiting to keep her company though ;).
Princess Elisabeth is still a child. Too young to participate in the wedding festivities before and after the wedding itself but too old to be handed over to a Nanny as Estelle was at Madeleines wedding and Estelle and (hopefully) Leonore will be again at Carl Philip's wedding. The "family" part of a royal wedding is restricted to close family and those in the wedding party itself.
As others pointed out it may have been that the Belgian RF had a lot on at the time, Madeleine's wedding was around the same time as King Albert announced his abdication so it could be no one was free to attend.
I think personally that there seems to be a difference between this wedding and Madeleine's wedding, Madeleine only seemed to invite royals close to the family with few sovereign couples. Maybe the bigger royal attendance is in reflection of the fact Carl Philip was crown prince for a little while and is the 2nd child not the 3rd, who knows.
As noted, the Abdication fell after the wedding but there is no way you could convince me that there wasn't and lot of turmoil and angst in the weeks leading up to the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom