General News about Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014-June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know that he is so short.

Having seen him in person a few years back, I would say that 5'7" is probably correct. I am 5'8" and with heels I was certainly much taller. Didn't stand next to him, of course, but you could certainly tell he is very short for a man. Nice looking but extremely slight built altogether. Almost "boy-like".

His father, the King, is also short. It is a family trait.

IMDb has King Carl Gustav at 5'10½" (1.79 m) - which is 'respectable'. ;) Though definitely not 6' or taller, which is starting to feel like the norm these days.

IMDb has Queen Silvia at 5' 7" (1.7 m) so it's clear that her son inherited her delicate, petite build. At 5'7", though, Carl Philip seems to tower a bit over his fiancé, Sofia Helqvist, who could be - judging by pictures - 5'5" or less.

According to IMDb Victoria is 5' 7¾" (1.72 m). Her husband Daniel is 5'10¾" (1.8 m).

Still using IMDb, Madeleine is 5' 7" (1.7 m). IMDb is silent on her husband Chris' height (he clearly wants no focus on him) but from pictures I would guess he is likely about 5'10" - just like the other males in the family. However, there is a good chance he is taller since in most pictures Madeleine would be wearing heels. Given his build Chris could be approaching 6'. In pictures where Madeleine is wearing flats, Chris is a good half a head taller than Madeleine. He could easily be 6'.

IMDb has King Carl Gustav at 5'10½" (1.79 m) - which is 'respectable'. ;) Though definitely not 6' or taller, which is starting to feel like the norm these days.

IMDb has Queen Silvia at 5' 7" (1.7 m) so it's clear that her son inherited her delicate, petite build. At 5'7", though, Carl Philip seems to tower a bit over his fiancé, Sofia Helqvist, who could be - judging by pictures - 5'5" or less.

According to IMDb Victoria is 5' 7¾" (1.72 m). Her husband Daniel is 5'10¾" (1.8 m).

Still using IMDb, Madeleine is 5' 7" (1.7 m). IMDb is silent on her husband Chris' height (he clearly wants no focus on him) but from pictures I would guess he is likely about 5'10" - just like the other males in the family. However, there is a good chance he is taller since in most pictures Madeleine would be wearing heels. Given his build Chris could be approaching 6'. In pictures where Madeleine is wearing flats, Chris is a good half a head taller than Madeleine. He could easily be 6'.

I believe Queen Silvia is shorter than 5' 7''.

Svensk Damtidning has written numerous times that queen Silvia is 165 cm, and that Sofia Hellqvist is also 165 cm. According to Svensk Damtidning Victoria is 168 cm, Madeleine 170 cm and Daniel 180 cm.

Last edited:
On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Carl Philip's surprise at the birthday party
Sofia's secret 30th birthday present

Someone has written as a comment to the article, that Carl Philip gave Sofia a diadem.
Nytt nummer ute nu – Sofias hemliga 30-årspresent | Svensk Damtidning

That was false information at the article comment, Svensk Damtidning doesn't write that Carl Philip gave Sofia a tiara.
The secret birthday present is according to Svensk Damtidning that Villa Solbacken's renovation has started. According to SD Carl Philip has been very involved in planning. The kitchen needs total renovation. SD thinks that Carl Philip and Sofia could seek inspiration from Victoria and Daniel. They managed to renovate Haga to a top modern house and at the same time they preserved the historical inheritance of the Palace.

Sofia tells at "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family) about her first meeting with the king and queen. It was a lunch where also Madeleine attended and according to information it happened in Solliden. The producer Sara Bull tells about Sofia: "She felt very secure and confident, she gave a warm impression. All of the royal family felt happy and relaxed".
Nu berättar Sofia Hellqvist om första gången hon träffade kungen och Silvia

General News about Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014 -

According to Svensk Damtidning, when Sofia needs a hairdo, she goes to Salong Bangs. Her hairdresses is Marwan "Marre" Hitti. Marre and Sofia attended both at Paradise Hotel in 2005, Marre won.
Sofia and Marre, old photo from September 2005.
http://cdn.stureplan.se/legacy/articles/1409/images/article_image_f4759cde32e9f54b.jpg

Marre tells at his Instagram that he did Sofia's hairdo to Leonore's christening
Instagram

Yes this is true. She has been photographed coming out of this salon before- before Madeleine's wedding also.

Drottning's 70th
http://instagram.com/p/irOgffw6aR/

Magnuson Wedding
http://instagram.com/p/ePX62Uw6dA/

Last edited:
The reporter of Svensk Damtidning met Carl Philip when he visited art exhibitions at prince Eugen's Waldemarsudde. Carl Philip told that he is involved in the renovations of Villa Solbacken, he just doesn't now yet how much. He also told that he has started to think what kind of art he wants to have in their future home.
Prins Carl Philip om planerna för hemmet med Sofia Hellqvist Stoppa Pressarna

Johan T Lindwall publishes in May a new version of his book "Carl Philip: Prinsen som inte fick bli kung" ("Carl Philip: The Prince who didn't get to be a King").
A chapter has been added, about the engagement and wedding plans.
Sommar 2015, Carl Philip av Lindwall, Johan T

What does CP have to do with the European Club Association?

What does CP have to do with the European Club Association?

Obviously it had something to do with this, the tweet the photo is from refers to this. The photo is obviously taken in Stockholm.
Representatives from 145 ECA Member Clubs attended the 14th European Club Association two-day General Assembly in Stockholm, which centred on the announcement of two landmark collaboration agreements with FIFA and UEFA.
eca-announces-landmark-agreements-with-fifa-and-uefa
New guide on successful football management - Stockholm Business School
https://twitter.com/FCBayern/status/582934001708601344

Is Carl Philip now interested in football management at some club?

Thanks. Yes, I knew there was a meeting in Stockholm, its just strange that CP will meet with high ranking football managers.

According to Svensk Damtidning, Carl Philip and Sofia are celebrating Easter in Åre.

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen: "The Love Story began once at the Secret House"
They tell that Sofia met the king and queen at the first time on 13th July 2010 at Solliden. Since their relationship had become public already in January and they had been dating since summer 2009, I don't understand how the love story could have begun in Solliden. Sofia stayed at the "Kavaljershuset", where also Daniel and Chris stayed before they became engaged. Expressen writes that Sofia met also Madeleine then. Victoria and Daniel were on their honeymoon.
Margareta Thorgren didn't want to tell Johan T Lindwall, how many guests there will be at the wedding, but she said that there will be royal guests.
Kärlekssagan började en gång i Hemlighuset Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
One of Sofia's good friends, make up artist William Värnild, has got an own column to Svensk Damtidning.

Svensk Damtidning writes about "Carl Philip's and Sofia's new summer house". They mean "Kavaljeren" or "Kavaljershuset" or "Kavaljersflygeln" in Solliden. Svensk Damtidning tells that it has 500 square meters and that "At the first time Svensk Damtidning can show Carl Philip's and Sofia's own house in Solliden".
Första sommaren som prinsfru – på 500 kvadrat _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

But at their article at the paper issue they tell that also Madeleine, Chris and family stay at Kavaljeren when they are in Solliden. Earlier it has been told that Victoria and Daniel stayed at Kavaljeren before their own summer house was ready. And that Kavaljeren is the place where the guests of the royal family stay when they visit Solliden. Kavaljeren was built 113 years ago.

Photo of Kavaljeren
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040011U1429867542514630

Last edited:
:previous: I don't understand: are both couples living at the same house? :ermm: That would be novel. :flowers:

:previous: I don't understand: are both couples living at the same house? :ermm: That would be novel. :flowers:

Yes, according to Svensk Damtidning. It, Expressen and Aftonbladet have told previously that the "royal children" Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine have stayed at Kavaljeren during the summers. It is also the house where the guests of the royal family stay when they visit Solliden. There is plenty of room with 500 square meters. And now Victoria and her family have their own summer house in Solliden. The press has also told that the king and queen stay at Kavaljeren, if they visit Solliden during the winter.

An article in Expressen today, there is a naked body-painted woman so I will not put the link there.
Carl Philip was partying at the restaurant Mister French on Saturday.
- The Prince seemed to have a lot of fun and danced, said Jerry Forsberg, organizer.
There were organized concept of "Bubbles & Brunch", which means that guests first eat brunch during the day and then the restaurant changes to a club where guests party and drink champagne.
- To get such a fine guest like the prince is of course an honor. It was a crazy celebration and fun that Carl Philip was there, said Forsberg.
At the same time was held the masquerade and was offered a show, with a gold painted scantily clad woman who danced.
- We had arranged a pop-up cake with a body painted girl, said Forsberg.
But it is an event with class, according to a guest.
- That is absolutely no strip club. It is the staff who dresses up and clowns while they serve.
The prince kept a low profile.
- It was great fun and the atmosphere was good. The prince remained calm and drank no alcohol.
The brunch starts at one o'clock and the party goes on until dinner time.
- The funny thing is that we have turned it around. Instead of going out and partying at night we party on the day, with a nice fancy feeling. It's great. Carl Philip stayed the whole time. He stole the whole show, said Forsberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom