General News about Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014-June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt Sofia will wear a tiara too any event prior to her wedding day.

Why is Sofias name now also included on the court calendar?
http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender/hkhprinscarlphilip.4.7d567ccd12609a2858d80003401.html
It would be perfectly understandable and obvious if she's already married since she'll be part of the family when that happens, but for now she isn't so it seems really bizarre to me......as far as I remember Daniels, Chris's and Jonas's names weren't added to the calendar during their engagements it was only after their marriage and therefore being part of the family that Chris's and Daniels names were added

With all the special treatment, they should give her a tiara too. Wouldnt be the first occasion a non royal wearing a tiara, I think Maxima wore one too as a fiancee.

Sorry but to me this all sounds outrageously unfair... I agree Duke, I wouldn't be surprised if she even turned up in a tiara... Such a shame

I don't find it that odd that when she attends royal events as a fiancee, this is included on the agenda. But I suppose you can argue if her attendence is needed, before she becomes part of the family after her marriage. But I don't see much harm in it since she is officially engaged. Didn't Jonas also attend Nobel festivities?

Indeed DoM, during her engagement Maxima was included in the Spanish state visit to The Netherlands and wore the aquamarine tiara. At the wedding of Haakon and MM she wore the diamond base of the pearl tiara of Q. Anna Pavlovna.

Last edited:
I don't find it that odd that when she attends royal events as a fiancee, this is included on the agenda. But I suppose you can argue if her attendence is needed, before she becomes part of the family after her marriage. But I don't see much harm in it since she is officially engaged. Didn't Jonas also attend Nobel festivities?

Indeed DoM, during her engagement Maxima was included in the Spanish state visit to The Netherlands and wore the aquamarine tiara. At the wedding of Haakon and MM she wore the diamond base of the pearl tiara of Q. Anna Pavlovna.

Yes he did, my argument is, is her name needed on the calendar page since she's not undertaking any representational duties on behalf of the crown since she is not married yet and therefore not a part of the Royal Family?
When Chris and Daniel were engaged to their now wives their name was not listed on the calendar even for those events which they attended

Last edited:
I just think that when you say 'A' and invite Sofia to family only events that include white tie dress code, you should say 'B' and give her a tiara as well. She looked out of place at the last dinner.

Last edited:
I think she will wear tiara only after marriage, in order to avoid any fuss.

Stoppa pressarna claims that just before Leonore's christening Sofia put an ultimatum to Carl Philip: If Emma Pernald comes to the christening, she will not come. So Carl Philip had to ask from Madeleine that she cancelled Emma's invitation, and there were 2 empty seats at the chapel. Stoppa pressarna quotes Hänt i Veckan.
Så har Sofia Hellqvist lyckats röja undan Carl Philips ex Emma Pernald ur sin väg Stoppa Pressarna

Sofia told to Svensk Damtidning while she was at the prize giving with Carl Philip, that it was so exciting to attend at the official dinner. So many fantastic meetings and interesting people.
Sofia and Carl Philip on the cover of Svensk Damtidning
SDT1449_HiResFiles

Last edited:
How would that magazine know of an ultimatum? I doubt that CP or Sofia will share such information. Also, I fail to see how CP has much influence over a guestlist that is in all likelyhood composed by his younger sister. It is not abnormal that the contact with ex-partners of siblings will decrease over the years, esp. since Madeleine has been living in the US for a while. Another fable from the Swedish gossip press is the most likely explanation, with the sole purpose of selling magazines.

--
Re: agenda & website ->I suppose one of the duties of the webmasters of the royal website is to provide information about royal events and activities of members of the RF. Since Sofia is engaged and nearly a member of the family and as she is attending an official function, I would find it sloppy in the royal website did not mention it TBH.

I don't think she needs a tiara perse, but a different hairstyle from the Farah Fawcett look that is so popular these days may be enough.

Last edited:
I don't think its unfair that Sofia gets to do things that Daniel, Jonas and Chris didn't get to do.

As I have said it before....the oldest child (in this case the fiancee) always has to pave the way.And Sofia gets the benefit.

Perhaps the Swedish court after the fact decided that it might have been a good idea if Daniel, Jonas or Chris attended Event X. And if I recall correctly, as the lead up to the Victoria/Daniel wedding....Daniel was NOT out and about right away because of his kidney transplant. So its a bit unfair IMO to use him as a starting point.

How would that magazine know of an ultimatum? I doubt that CP or Sofia will share such information. Also, I fail to see how CP has much influence over a guestlist that is in all likelyhood composed by his younger sister. It is not abnormal that the contact with ex-partners of siblings will decrease over the years, esp. since Madeleine has been living in the US for a while. Another fable from the Swedish gossip press is the most likely explanation, with the sole purpose of selling magazines.

I agree on both counts. Some spinning happening there. ;) Emma being absent likely had more to do with what was happening in her own life than anything to do with Sofia.

Last edited:
Emma Pernald has been and is still one of Madeleine's closest friends. Yes, she is Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend but so what? She had every right to attend at the christening, I was totally surprised that she didn't. We don't know what the reason was, maybe the article doesn't have truth at all or maybe it does. There is always people who can leak information to the media, even if Emma, Carl Philip, Sofia or Madeleine didn't.
Maybe Carl Philip and Sofia were engaged already then and Sofia felt that she had the power and right to ask that Emma didn't attend (Emma attended at the wedding of M and C).
A couple of weeks after the christening Madeleine and Chris were out with their friends, Svensk Damtidning wrote about the evening that when Emma arrived, Chris hugged her for a long time, over the years Chris and Emma have become very good friends.
Some photos, not from that party
Chris and Emma
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080011F14171564391559420
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080021F14171564391559420
Chris and Emma's husband Tomas Jonson
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080031F14171564391559420

Last edited:
:previous:
I don't think that PC nor SH would ever personally tell a magazine anything that they did or didn't like regarding an other person, yet I do think that some one in their circle of friends/family would do that for them just to let certain people know that they don't approve of them or that they aren't invited to anything as long as they are around or in charge of something. Women have been know through times in life that they when they are very jealous or insecure and they make sure things go their way or not at all....happens all the time.
I just hope that this up coming marriage does not have any backlash for the future of Victoria and Daniel...they are truly the royal family in Sweden and they are above reproach in anything.:);)

Emma Pernald has been and is still one of Madeleine's closest friends. Yes, she is Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend but so what? She had every right to attend at the christening, I was totally surprised that she didn't. We don't know what the reason was, maybe the article doesn't have truth at all or maybe it does. There is always people who can leak information to the media, even if Emma, Carl Philip, Sofia or Madeleine didn't.

I don't think Carl Philip can order someone like Madeleine around. :shock: Can you imagine the scene if he tried? It's stretching it for me to believe that Sofia would exercise that kind of power over such a situation, or even try to.

Maybe Carl Philip and Sofia were engaged already then and Sofia felt that she had the power and right to ask that Emma didn't attend (Emma attended at the wedding of M and C).

In this I agree, imo Carl Philip and Sofia have been engaged for quite some time. She wouldn't have been showing up at royal events if that were not the case. But for Sofia to think that she could dictate to her future sister-in-law regarding something so not her business, I just don't think Sofia is that clueless.

No, I'd say this is a newspaper's petty shot, but likely rooted in some real understanding of the relationship amongst the siblings. Just a hunch.

A couple of weeks after the christening Madeleine and Chris were out with their friends, Svensk Damtidning wrote about the evening that when Emma arrived, Chris hugged her for a long time, over the years Chris and Emma have become very good friends.
Some photos, not from that party
Chris and Emma
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Chris and Emma's husband Tomas Jonson

I'm guessing you are suggesting consolation? But that could go any number of ways. Maybe something really had been happening for Emma, totally random to anything to do with the christening or Sofia, and she just could not make it. It makes a good story for sure, though.

In the end, Sofia has been very different from all the other romantic connections among the siblings. It was 2011 and they were technically together only 2 years and yet Sofia was attending family gatherings at the palace. There has always been a very strong push from Carl Philip apparently. Maybe it's possible that Emma was forced to not attend because of Sofia making the request, but if so, we can assume the sibling relationships must be chilly. That would be sad seeing as how close (in particular) Carl Philip and Madeleine have been up to the time of Sofia.

From the Facebook of MMA Sweden (Mixed martial arts), Carl Philip has met Alexander Gustafsson, Swedish mixed martial artist.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd...._=1423232506_bad1f0f1543599e97d4ecdf24888d410

That fella must tower at 7' because Carl Philip is no shrimp at close to 6' (5'11"), and he does look shrimpy next to that guy. :p

Last edited:
I don't think Carl Philip can order someone like Madeleine around. :shock: Can you imagine the scene if he tried? It's stretching it for me to believe that Sofia would exercise that kind of power over such a situation, or even try to.

The swedish press has claimed over the years that Carl Philip and Emma are still having a good and civil relation, so maybe Carl Philip called Emma and asked her not to attend at the christening.

I'm guessing you are suggesting consolation? But that could go any number of ways. Maybe something really had been happening for Emma, totally random to anything to do with the christening or Sofia, and she just could not make it. It makes a good story for sure, though.

No, I didn't thought about consolation, nothing like that ever came to my mind. Svensk Damtidning just pointed out that Chris and Emma are very good friends and Chris hugged her because of that.

That fella must tower at 7' because Carl Philip is no shrimp at close to 6' (5'11"), and he does look shrimpy next to that guy. :p

Alexander Gustafsson is 196 cm.

Dresses:
Carl Philip's and Sofia's PR-woman Christina Saliba at the Elle-gala in January 2014
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010011C14172026411556966
Sofia at the official dinner
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010010021C14172026411556966

Last edited:
The swedish press has claimed over the years that Carl Philip and Emma are still having a good and civil relation, so maybe Carl Philip called Emma and asked her not to attend at the christening.

That would be worse imo. :sad: If he did he's lost all perspective. Hopefully the whole thing is just smoke-and-mirrors and Emma failed to appear for her own reasons.

No, I didn't thought about consolation, nothing like that ever came to my mind. Svensk Damtidning just pointed out that Chris and Emma are very good friends and Chris hugged her because of that.

I've seen the pictures of them and agree. Very friendly.

Alexander Gustafsson is 196 cm.

Then something is not adding up. There's a good foot between the two of them in that picture. Maybe Carl Philip is shorter than IMDb is saying. :p Wouldn't be the first time.

Dresses:
Carl Philip's and Sofia's PR-woman Christina Saliba at the Elle-gala in January 2014
Sofia at the official dinner

Interesting! :cool: I think Sofia filled out the dress far better. I also think that were her hair, per usual, up and drawn back, she would have knocked it out-of-the-ballpark. As it stands, with the Mary/Catherine flowing locks she looked like she was trying be less 'threatening' (or younger?). (Though that red dress was a statement!)

Last edited:
Then something is not adding up. There's a good foot between the two of them in that picture. Maybe Carl Philip is shorter than IMDb is saying. :p Wouldn't be the first time.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10432152_758780577504024_1417437737535134251_n.jpg?oh=a08d552188c9fbc70aef921d05cbf9e4&oe=54D3EF73&__gda__=1423232506_bad1f0f1543599e97d4ecdf24888d410

I'd say judging by the baseball cap there is about 20 cm (maybe a little less) between them.

Mr. Gustafsson is 1m96 and P.C-P is about 1m80, so that fits perfectly

The swedish press has written various information of Carl Philip's height, from 175 cm to 179 cm. The press has also claimed that he uses sometimes special made shoes to get a few centimetres to his height.

Sofia has her 30th birthday on Saturday 6th December.

Last edited:
Have there been any announcements of where C-P and Sofia will live after the wedding?

Have there been any announcements of where C-P and Sofia will live after the wedding?

The press has written that they will move to Villa Solbacken, which Carl Philip inherited from prince Bertil. But this information hasn't been confirmed by the court.

The swedish press has written various information of Carl Philip's height, from 175 cm to 179 cm. The press has also claimed that he uses sometimes special made shoes to get a few centimetres to his height.

Makes sense at the low end 175 cm - that would be 5'7". There is more than a foot between the two men.

Thank you, Lady Finn. :flowers:

I did not know that he is so short.

The court has told to Svensk Damtidning that Sofia will celebrate her 30th birthday on Saturday with a private party with people closest to her.

Makes sense at the low end 175 cm - that would be 5'7". There is more than a foot between the two men.

Thank you, Lady Finn. :flowers:

Having seen him in person a few years back, I would say that 5'7" is probably correct. I am 5'8" and with heels I was certainly much taller. Didn't stand next to him, of course, but you could certainly tell he is very short for a man. Nice looking but extremely slight built altogether. Almost "boy-like".

:previous:
I don't think that PC nor SH would ever personally tell a magazine anything that they did or didn't like regarding an other person, yet I do think that some one in their circle of friends/family would do that for them just to let certain people know that they don't approve of them or that they aren't invited to anything as long as they are around or in charge of something. Women have been know through times in life that they when they are very jealous or insecure and they make sure things go their way or not at all....happens all the time.
I just hope that this up coming marriage does not have any backlash for the future of Victoria and Daniel...they are truly the royal family in Sweden and they are above reproach in anything.:);)

I don't think anyone is above reproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom