General News about Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia, Part 1: June 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like sophia's new official picture - it was about time they released one! it's been 6 months since the wedding...

i assume it was taken during the nobel festivities for the King's Dinner in honor of Nobel Laureates 2015, since her dress and hairstyle are the same?

and talking about hairstyle... what has she done to her hair? that haircut in the event with king and queen looks disastrous.

It seems they use Nobel pictures for the official portraits. Vic, CP, Dan and the royal couple are from 2014's. The pic that needs updating is Maddie's which is from years ago.

I agree with the hair in the recent event, it looks odd. Not sure if it is the picture or a bad new hair cut.

I agree with the hair in the recent event, it looks odd. Not sure if it is the picture or a bad new hair cut.

Pregnancy either gives you the most luscious hair, or the complete opposite. I suspect Sofia has the latter. CP Victoria is the same, but Madeleine's hair was gorgeous during her pregnancies.

If that is the case for Sofia, she needs a learn a key tip 'if you are having a bad hair day, pregnancy or not, an updo is your friend.':flowers:

Christina Saliba helped Prince Carl Philip with everything from crisis management and media training to the speech at his wedding. But now the duo goes parted ways.

Résumé revealed in autumn 2013 that Prince Carl Philip hired PR pro Christina Saliba, president and co-owner of Mindmakers PR. This happened after it emerged that his fire screen "The castle is burning" was in fact designed by Eric Ericson. Carl Philip was quiet at first, but gave then an interview to Expressen. The prince was hailed by PR experts for his significant articulate answers, and according Resumé's sources it was Christina Saliba who held the strings when the prince allowed himself to be interviewed by Expressen's reporter Malin Roos.
Then Prince Carl Philip made a good appearance at the Sports Gala, and in autumn 2014 he made ​​a interview in "Hellenius hörna" where he talked about his relationship with Sofia Hellqvist, his struggle with dyslexia, and life as a royal.
Expressen reported before his wedding that the prince took last-minute help from Saliba with his wedding speech.
But after several years of collaboration it is time for the partners to go their separate ways. The court has terminated the agreement that is now ending in January.
- I can confirm it, says Margareta Thorgren to Resumé.
She will not tell me how much the court paid for media workout fot the prince.
- There is nothing that we communicate, she says.

According Resumé's sources the court breaks the cooperation with Mindmakers because they feel that they can handle the prince's communications internally instead of buying public relations services. Thorgren would not comment on the contents of the agreement or why they go separate ways.
- The court has an information department that works with all members of the royal family, she says.
Christina Saliba is reticent about the concluded agreement:
- We have never and will never comment on how the cooperation with The Prince looked in the past or how it looks forward. It is a principle we hold on to.
Prins Carl Philip bryter med Christina Saliba

Last edited:
Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip have moved in the greatest secrecy.
They moved to the King and Queen Silvia. Now they live in Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's former apartment at Drottningholm Palace.
- It is true that they will be staying at Drottningholm. It's about safety, confirms Margareta Thorgren.
Close to Drottningholm Palace is Sjöpaviljongen (formerly the press has called it Sjöflygeln). After the crown princess returned from her studies abroad, she lived here. Daniel moved into Sjöpaviljongen and they lived there until November 2010 - a few months after their wedding when they moved to Haga Palace.
Sofia and Carl Philip have since 2011 officially lived together in an apartment in a multi-family house in Djurgården. But in a secrecy they have now moved into Sjöpaviljongen at Drottningholm Palace.
- They will stay some time at Drottningholm Palace, says Thorgren.
Have they already moved?
- There's nothing we comment, says Thorgren.
But reportedly, they have moved and have already made themselves at home in Sjöpaviljongen which is just a few hundred meters from the Drottningholm Palace and the main building. There lives the King and Queen Silvia and now they become the immediate neighbors with Carl Philip, Sofia and the future grandchild.
The reason for the move will be, reportedly, that the security around the couple could not be guaranteed in the old residence on the island of Djurgården. Sjöpaviljongen is located inside the restricted area outside the Drottningholm palace, guarded around the clock by both the Royal Guards and SÄPO.
The court confirms:
- It is about safety. There is an existing perimeter protection on Drottningholm, says Thorgren
The idea is that the couple will live in Sjöpaviljongen at least a year - before they move into Villa Solbacken. The renovation of Villa Solbacken hasn't started yet.
Carl Philips och Sofias hemliga flytt till Lovön _ Nyheter _ Expressen

At the time Victoria and later Victoria and Daniel lived in Sjöpaviljongen, the press told that the apartment had a kitchen and two rooms.

Last edited:
So, after all the talk about the renovations in the house of Lilian and Bertil, they have moved because of "safety reasons"?:eek: I wonder what these reasons are: about security or something regarding the house, such as asbestos, for example.

At first, it wasn't clear whether they woulf reside at thr royal palace, but now you made a great translation of the article LadyFinn, thanks:flowers:

If there is a security concern in general, why not deployed Sapo to protect CP & Sofia at their residence? The last time there was a general threat security was increased at Haga Palace for the Crown Princess Family. I know Sapo protects the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess Family around the clock and the rest of the family is on their own because of their places in the line of succession, but the government not agreeing to extra security seems odd. Moving them into a wing at Drottningholm makes me wonder if there's a more targeted threat and the court is not saying anything, so they consolidate the protection.l

If there is a security concern in general, why not deployed Sapo to protect CP & Sofia at their residence? The last time there was a general threat security was increased at Haga Palace for the Crown Princess Family. I know Sapo protects the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess Family around the clock and the rest of the family is on their own because of their places in the line of succession, but the government not agreeing to extra security seems odd. Moving them into a wing at Drottningholm makes me wonder if there's a more targeted threat and the court is not saying anything, so they consolidate the protection.l

Maybe the other residents of the house where Carl Philip and Sofia lived in Sjötullsbacken in Djurgården, weren't so fascinated about SÄPO-guards at their house and yard all the time? According to the press Carl Philip lived at one apartment of the house. At first they lived at another apartment and then moved into a bigger one at the same house. And during the time they have lived there, the world has changed and more security is needed.
These are photos of the house where Carl Philip and Sofia lived:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited:
I can see where security would be a concern. Also privacy, both for CP,Sofia and baby and for the other residents of the building. It looks like a lovely area,residential and private. Soon you would have paparazzi behind every bush trying to get "the picture" of the little one to sell. The decision to move must have been bittersweet for the couple as they have been there for some time. But since the wedding we have heard different rumours of a move. Kudos to them if they were able to relocate before the news got out.

So, after all the talk about the renovations in the house of Lilian and Bertil, they have moved because of "safety reasons"?:eek: I wonder what these reasons are: about security or something regarding the house, such as asbestos, for example.

At first, it wasn't clear whether they woulf reside at thr royal palace, but now you made a great translation of the article LadyFinn, thanks:flowers:[/QUOTE.

We have known since September the couple wouldn't be living in Villa Solbacken. The speculation back then was that they were living is in Rosenthal castle or another pavilion. They have simply now confirmed where the couple are living. I guess Lilian and Bertil's house needs a few years of renovatons before they could live there.

At first, it wasn't clear whether they woulf reside at thr royal palace, but now you made a great translation of the article LadyFinn, thanks:flowers:[/QUOTE.

We have known since September the couple wouldn't be living in Villa Solbacken. The speculation back then was that they were living is in Rosenthal castle or another pavilion. They have simply now confirmed where the couple are living. I guess Lilian and Bertil's house needs a few years of renovatons before they could live there.

I know that for CP that house must be very special, but I get the feeling that the renovations will be too expensive and will last too much.

I have no doubt that the prince couple will move to villa Solbacken. But the renovations turned out to be more complicated than expected, so now they have relocated - for security reasons, and also privacy, I guess - to Drottningholm. Very logical and nothing strange.

I agree Xenobia, I just think that the renovations of Villa Solbacken were way more in depth than they first thought. Who knows, they may have had to re-wire, re-plumb (the list could go on and on), just like the Cambridges had to do with Apart. A at Kensington. Moving to the palace will afford them some privacy with a newborn and maybe save some money in the process.

I agree Xenobia, I just think that the renovations of Villa Solbacken were way more in depth than they first thought. Who knows, they may have had to re-wire, re-plumb (the list could go on and on), just like the Cambridges had to do with Apart. A at Kensington. Moving to the palace will afford them some privacy with a newborn and maybe save some money in the process.

The press reported already in February 2015 that the renovation will take much more time than it was thought at first because Carl Philip and Sofia want to change the floor plan and do big changes at the house, and electricity and water had to be reviewed. And in March 2015 it was reported that there was asbestos. In October Jan Lindman, the financial director of the court, said that nothing had been done because it had been a busy year and the couple wanted to prioritize other areas than the renovation of the house last year.
And now last week the press tells that there isn't any renovation going on at Villa Solbacken. So obviously the renovation hasn't even started yet, perhaps all the check ups have been done.

Now when Carl Philip and Sofia moved to Sjöpaviljongen, they possibly moved to a bigger apartment there than which Victoria and Daniel had. When Victoria and Daniel lived there, at the other apartments lived the staff of the court and security persons. So maybe there has had to be done some renovation before Carl Philip and Sofia moved there now.

Svensk Damtidning wrote last week about Carl Philip's and Sofia's move to Drottningholm, to the house which is called Nedre Sjöflygeln. The article gives the impression that they moved to Victoria's and Daniel's former apartment, which has 90 square meters. The house is built in 1754 and the total surface is of 381 square meters, there is two floors and an attic. And if Carl Philip and Sofia don't want to make dinner themselves, the Palace kitchen brings dinner to them.

Svensk Damtidning wrote last week about Carl Philip's and Sofia's move to Drottningholm, to the house which is called Nedre Sjöflygeln. The article gives the impression that they moved to Victoria's and Daniel's former apartment, which has 90 square meters. The house is built in 1754 and the total surface is of 381 square meters, there is two floors and an attic. And if Carl Philip and Sofia don't want to make dinner themselves, the Palace kitchen brings dinner to them.

I found this pic of Nedre Sjöflygeln house ( It's what I believe - I don't speak swedish)

Bebyggelseregistret (BeBR) - Riksantikvarieämbetet

Aftonbladet reveals: Here is Sofia's secret company

The company SKB Sweden AB was established in November last year. At the Board are Princess Sofia's father, Erik Hellqvist as a member and sister Sara Hellqvist as supplementary member. Princess Sofia isn't present in the registration documents, but the company's address is at the Royal Palace: H.M. Konungens Hovförvaltning Kungl. Slottet.
Aftonbladet calls the court, no one knows about the company. Information Officer Ulrika Näsholm doesn't know about it and press secretary Daniel Urso says that he'll ask inwards, if they have information about it. Margareta Thorgren refers to Jan Lindman, the Treasurer at the Court. He says that he doesn't have any information, he checks with the court's lawyer and returns to the question. He calls back:
- This is a brand newly established limited company. It's just like you're saying that the board consists of Erik and Sara Hellqvist.
According to Lindman Princess Sofia owns the company, but the tradition has been that a Royal should not sit on the board of a company, or have legal responsibility.
No one knows to what the company engages in. The documents sent to the Swedish Companies Registration Office mention: Consulting in leadership and business development, Sales in the textile and clothing industry and Management of movable and immovable property, and related business.
According to Lindman, a royal should be neutral and independent in relation to the different parts of society. To his knowledge Sofia owns 100 % of the shares.
Can we say that she is neutral as owner?
- It's like a passive ownership.
But it is on her initiative that the company started?
- Yes, she has discussed with us how to best do this and then we have recommended her to do in this way.
Lindman doesn't know where SKB (SKB, Sofia Kristina Bernadotte's initials, eds. note.) comes from.
Sara Hellqvist doesn't want to say anything about the company but refers to Lindman. Aftonbladet has asked for a comment also from princess Sofia.
Joakim Nergelius, professor of constitutional law at Örebro University, believes that starting the company is remarkable.
- I think that sounds strange. You'll be surprised.
According Nergelius the constitution and regulations are unclear, but the principle is clear: Royals should not sit in or own companies.
- It may affect their objectivity and independence. Maybe the court thought that this will work better than a directorship in a company. But one must ask whether a princess should engage herself in "consulting in leadership and business development." It sounds strange.
Madeleine was criticized in 2014 for her dual roles, when she joined as co-owner and vice president on her husband Chris O'Neill's companies.
Daniel left the board assignments in his company before his marriage in 2010. He, however, remains as one of the owners.
AFTONBLADET AVSLÖJAR_ Här är Sofias hemliga företag _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

The court's press release about the policy of the Members of the Royal Family's ownership in companies from May 2014:
Members of the Royal Family may be the owner or co-owner of a commercial company. Nor are there any constitutional obstacles to the royal family to own shares or part of the company. The royal family is however restrictive when it comes to engaging in commercial activities.
The Royal Court's policy on corporate issues is inter alia, that the Royal Family should not:
Be members of the commercial companies' boards
Be ceo or vice ceo
Be full-time employees
Policy kring Kungafamiljens ägande av bolag - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Wow, somebody's going to need a real 'talking to' if this is true. Didn't anybody learn anything from Christina & Inaki? If you're going to be royal your business practices had better be above boards or in this day and age you will have 'secrets' exposed. If it's true it seems like a huge lack of common sense and good judgement to say the least.

If true I find it interesting that Daniel had to sell his businesses and give up that side of his life. And Chris refused a title as he refused to give up having work outside of being a royal. And yet Sofia is allowed to own businesses. :ermm:

And even if there is no rules, I agree after Cristina and Inaki, they need to be very clear what this business is, where the money comes from and the rest. The Swedes don't need a corruption scandal.

The court should have anticipated this "secret" coming out and released a statement in November, especially after the criticism Madeleine and Chris faced. They look clueless and clumsy referring the question to multiple people before providing an answer.

I don't have any problem with Daniel's and Chris' companies. Daniel leaving all CEO / board memberships is enough and it's reasonable he remain co-owner of a company he founded. Why should he give up everything?

Chris is not a working royal or any kind of SRF representative, simply a member of the family. It was a bad idea to add Madeleine as co-owner and VP but I feel that was more in the spirit of "We're married. What's mine is yours." (even though I'm sure there was pre-nup and Madeleine has her own money)

EDIT: After re-reading the info, it seems Princess Sofia is within the rules. The court still looks bad and questions remain.

Last edited:
If true I find it interesting that Daniel had to sell his businesses and give up that side of his life. And Chris refused a title as he refused to give up having work outside of being a royal. And yet Sofia is allowed to own businesses. :ermm:

And even if there is no rules, I agree after Cristina and Inaki, they need to be very clear what this business is, where the money comes from and the rest. The Swedes don't need a corruption scandal.

Daniel is always of the owners of his company. Madeleine is co-owner companies of her husband. They can not, like Sophia, to be the Be members of the board.

Daniel didn't sell his businesses, he just stepped down as ceo and member of the Board. Like Aftonbladet's article tells, he remains as one of the owners. Before the wedding the solicitor of HM the King, Axel Calissendorff said that he sees no reason that Daniel would have to sell his shares at the companies.

Sofia had previously an own company too, SKH Agency. It is now passive:
http://www.allabolag.se/841206LHGG/SKH_Agency

SKB Sweden AB
http://www.allabolag.se/5590427240/befattningar

Does Sofia's new company SKB Sweden AB have employees, who there does "Consulting in leadership and business development"?

Last edited:
I just couldn't believe this story when I first read it. Even if it has been determined this is above board, the optics are bad on this:

Sofia founded this company after she married into the royal family and brought her father & sister on as board members. (I'm not sure if they are salaried). They look like they are out to cash in on their royal connections by marriage.

The court looked flatfooted when asked questions about this business venture. Really, how smart was this to list "Stockholm Palace" as the business address?

It also begs the question why would Sofia set this up? The only thing I can think of is reaction to her pre-nup agreement; she gets nothing but a split of the household items should there be a divorce. Carl Philip's business assets and property he has before and during the marriage are off limits to her. Sofia's South Africa apartment was courtesy of Carl Philip, according to SvenskDam; she didn't get it with her own money.

Last edited:
Why am I predicting that Sofia will get away with this? Madeleine was bashed in the press for this, and if Daniel had done somthing like that, the press would have eaten him alive...

Is she allowed to provide the palace's adress as the one for this "business" Really? Is nobody saying anything about it?

How come the press department knew nothing?

Last edited:
If Sofia is the main owner of the business I think that she did the right thing by listing the palace as the address, if she listed another address then she could easily be accused of trying to cover up her part in the business.

Well, it's CG who calls the shot and we've seen it many times now, his favourite child CP & in-law Sofia can do as they please. I guess CG still has something to make up for having to stand by and watch CP robbed of his throne, he and Sofia would be future King and Queen, with a male heir in tow.

There are lots of examples of double standards with siblings and in-laws since Sofia stepped onto the scene, this is just one of many. Sofia's CV was whitewashed while Daniel is still the 'fitness trainer' he never got remotely the same support from the court.

The whole topic has already been discussed at length so I'll leave it with that.

Well, it's CG who calls the shot and we've seen it many times now, his favourite child CP & in-law Sofia can do as they please. I guess CG still has something to make up for having to stand by and watch CP robbed of his throne, he and Sofia would be future King and Queen, with a male heir in tow.

There are lots of examples of double standards with siblings and in-laws since Sofia stepped onto the scene, this is just one of many. Sofia's CV was whitewashed while Daniel is still the 'fitness trainer' he never got remotely the same support from the court.

The whole topic has already been discussed at length so I'll leave it with that.

Daniel can remain co-owner of his company, Madeleine can become co-owner of her husband's business, but it is Sofia favoritism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom