The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 10-12-2015, 02:33 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,981
Carl Philip was on Monday evening at football UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match between Sweden and Moldova at the Friends Arena in Solna. http://media.shootitlive.com/CBgbUd3...tonbladet/4019
__________________

  #162  
Old 11-18-2015, 11:17 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,981
Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson writes at her blog, that a person told her, that Carl Philip and Sofia are right now at a plane on their way to New York. Alexandersson writes that Sofia has friends in New York, among them Carolina Pihl, with whom she has yoga clothes of Drop of Mindfulness. Carolina and Gunnar Eliassen are right now in St. Barts, maybe Carl Philip and Sofia are going there? Or maybe they are just spending time in the city which Sofia knows so well.
Hovbloggen avslöjar prinsparets mysresa till New York _ Hovbloggen

EDIT
Expressen's reporter met Carl Philip and Sofia at the airport in New York and got a short interview, mostly from Sofia. Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen that the trip is totally private, they stay in New York for some days and return to Sweden.
Carl Philip och Sofia på semester i New York _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
__________________

  #163  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:19 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson writes at her blog, that a person told her, that Carl Philip and Sofia are right now at a plane on their way to New York. Alexandersson writes that Sofia has friends in New York, among them Carolina Pihl, with whom she has yoga clothes of Drop of Mindfulness. Carolina and Gunnar Eliassen are right now in St. Barts, maybe Carl Philip and Sofia are going there? Or maybe they are just spending time in the city which Sofia knows so well.
Hovbloggen avslöjar prinsparets mysresa till New York _ Hovbloggen

EDIT
Expressen's reporter met Carl Philip and Sofia at the airport in New York and got a short interview, mostly from Sofia. Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen that the trip is totally private, they stay in New York for some days and return to Sweden.
Carl Philip och Sofia på semester i New York _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
I trust by private it means they are paying with their own money. But with the recent attacks in Paris do they have a Sapo detail? Victoria, Daniel and Estelle have round the clock Sapo no matter what(Baby Bernadotte Westing # 2 will as well I suppose); CP, Sofia, Madde, Chris & their kids don't get it.unless special circumstances. Will this count?
  #164  
Old 11-20-2015, 04:02 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,981
Expressen tells that Sofia got parking ticket in the end of September, when she went to Sophiahemmet, which has Sweden's only private birthing centre. She parked her car to a place where you are not allowed to park.
- The only thing you as a driver can do there is to stop for the embarkation or disembarkation. Or to load or unload the car. You can not park, says Gunilla Nordlén, a lawyer at the police.
Sofia got a fine of 650 SEK, which she had paid two days later.
Margareta Thorgen didn't comment Sofia's parking tickets to Expressen.
Sofias biltur slutade i böter för felparkering _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
  #165  
Old 11-21-2015, 06:20 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,245
sofia is looking larger now :)

i like the clothes brand she owns with her NY friend. i wonder when they founded it and whether she still contributes to running the business. i remember chris refused royal titles to be able to continue with his and daniel doesn't work on his anymore since becoming royal, so it is interesting to see sofia may do. i doubt it is a requisite in any case to leave your businesses behind, but an interesting difference between sofia and daniel and chris.

i wonder what their plans are - in any case, i am sure they will have a great time in NY which is beautiful during this season.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #166  
Old 11-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,936
This time Sofia, who usually looks very pleased to talk with reportes, looked quite annoyed... Carl Philip didn't say much, as usual. So, they are currently in NY now, for no public engagement. Sofia has been missing from the scenes for a while. Oh well, I must be the only one who noticed this, as nobody have batted an eye.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #167  
Old 11-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
This time Sofia, who usually looks very pleased to talk with reportes, looked quite annoyed... Carl Philip didn't say much, as usual. So, they are currently in NY now, for no public engagement. Sofia has been missing from the scenes for a while. Oh well, I must be the only one who noticed this, as nobody have batted an eye.
It is understandable that she is cutting down on her public engagements now that she is pregnant.
  #168  
Old 11-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It is understandable that she is cutting down on her public engagements now that she is pregnant.
The Palace said bar for the fall her schedule Redmond unchaged. And surely long tripls to SA and the States are more tiring . She has been abroad lately than in Sweden. This is not cutting down.
  #169  
Old 11-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
This time Sofia, who usually looks very pleased to talk with reportes, looked quite annoyed... Carl Philip didn't say much, as usual. So, they are currently in NY now, for no public engagement. Sofia has been missing from the scenes for a while. Oh well, I must be the only one who noticed this, as nobody have batted an eye.

Sofia's agenda corresponds to the agenda of her husband. With one or two exceptions, such as his association. What does not seem to pose any problem to the palace. As shown, the new partnership with the foundation of the queen. Carl Philip and Sofia have a lesser role as Victoria and Daniel who are the future king and queen. It seems normal.
  #170  
Old 11-22-2015, 04:39 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,760
CP has hardly worked at all pre-Sofia. Why do people expect this to change? I don't see Sofia one bit more committed than CP anyway. She has her charity and a bit of involvement in the World Childhood foundation what gives her perfect excuses to combine a little bit of work with lots of personal holidays etc. CP has been a freeloader before and they will both continue that way.
  #171  
Old 11-22-2015, 04:44 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
CP has hardly worked at all pre-Sofia. Why do people expect this to change? I don't see Sofia one bit more committed than CP anyway. She has her charity and a bit of involvement in the World Childhood foundation what gives her perfect excuses to combine a little bit of work with lots of personal holidays etc. CP has been a freeloader before and they will both continue that way.
You mean Global Child Forum, Sofia isn't involved in World Childhood Foundation.
  #172  
Old 11-22-2015, 04:49 AM
eya eya is online now
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
Sofia's agenda corresponds to the agenda of her husband. With one or two exceptions, such as his association. What does not seem to pose any problem to the palace. As shown, the new partnership with the foundation of the queen. Carl Philip and Sofia have a lesser role as Victoria and Daniel who are the future king and queen. It seems normal.
I understand what you mean Victoria and Daniel future king and queen but imagine to read this Prince Henrik I think already hear the screams
  #173  
Old 11-22-2015, 05:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
CP has hardly worked at all pre-Sofia. Why do people expect this to change? I don't see Sofia one bit more committed than CP anyway. She has her charity and a bit of involvement in the World Childhood foundation what gives her perfect excuses to combine a little bit of work with lots of personal holidays etc. CP has been a freeloader before and they will both continue that way.
yes, as Madeleine, who makes some activities. As she always made it. The king and the palace could give them more missions, as this is not the case, I suppose it suits everyone.
  #174  
Old 11-22-2015, 05:08 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I understand what you mean Victoria and Daniel future king and queen but imagine to read this Prince Henrik I think already hear the screams
oh, it's true
  #175  
Old 11-22-2015, 05:09 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
sofia is looking larger now :)

i like the clothes brand she owns with her NY friend. i wonder when they founded it and whether she still contributes to running the business. i remember chris refused royal titles to be able to continue with his and daniel doesn't work on his anymore since becoming royal, so it is interesting to see sofia may do. i doubt it is a requisite in any case to leave your businesses behind, but an interesting difference between sofia and daniel and chris.

i wonder what their plans are - in any case, i am sure they will have a great time in NY which is beautiful during this season.
Sofia and Carolina Pihl started Drop of Mindfulness yoga clothes in 2010. There hasn't been told in anywhere, that Sofia owns/has ever owned the company producing the clothes.
We can not compare Sofia's part at Drop of Mindfulness to Daniel and Chris.
According to the policy of the Royal Court of Sweden:
Members of the Royal Family may be an owner or co-owner of the commercial company. Nor are there any constitutional obstacles for the Royal Family to own shares or parts in companies. The royal family, however, is restrictive with regard to engage in commercial activities. At the Royal Court's policy regarding company matters, it is particularly said that the royal family can not:
Be members of commercial companies boards
Be ceo or vice ceo
Be full-time employees
Policy kring Kungafamiljens ägande av bolag - Sveriges Kungahus

Because Daniel was the ceo of his gyms, a member of the board and full-time employed, he stepped down of all these. But he still owns shares of his gyms. Chris wanted to work full-time, so he can't have a royal title.
Sofia has never worked full-time at Drop of Mindfulness yoga clothes. Her friend William Värnild told last year, that Sofia is still somehow involved in planning new collections in DOM. Sofia worked as full-time employee as the Secretary General of Project Playground, and retired from that in the end of March this year.
  #176  
Old 11-22-2015, 07:10 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 356
Drop of Mindfulness. Isn't that the company that was allegedly copied an outfit design from Nike? Sofia was accused of plagiarism in some media.

The optics are bad for Sofia because Victoria, who is further along her pregnancy than Sofia by a month, is still performing her duties. I think Sofia is getting online heat because she was a no show at the Tunisian state dinner - a function her husband attended - and that the Project Playground anniversary is a flimsy excuse. (Project Playground was founded in March 2010 according to reports, not November.)

Victoria and Daniel have more duties because they are the future Royal Couple (queen and prince consort, I don't think Daniel will get the title of king Victoria ascends to the throne). But the Prince Couple needs to do more because when Victoria becomes queen, Estelle & Baby Bernadotte Westling won't be doing solo engagements for years.
  #177  
Old 11-22-2015, 07:12 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
You mean Global Child Forum, Sofia isn't involved in World Childhood Foundation.
Yes, thank you, I mixed this up.

I don't think the lack of work has to do with the pregnancy, doing only a little - just as much as is necessary to avoid any anger - will be their 'agenda' for the next years. And its normal, given CP's record. I think this will suit Sofia, she's not interested in bread & butter work but in the other perks.
  #178  
Old 11-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Drop of Mindfulness. Isn't that the company that was allegedly copied an outfit design from Nike? Sofia was accused of plagiarism in some media.

The optics are bad for Sofia because Victoria, who is further along her pregnancy than Sofia by a month, is still performing her duties. I think Sofia is getting online heat because she was a no show at the Tunisian state dinner - a function her husband attended - and that the Project Playground anniversary is a flimsy excuse. (Project Playground was founded in March 2010 according to reports, not November.)

Victoria and Daniel have more duties because they are the future Royal Couple (queen and prince consort, I don't think Daniel will get the title of king Victoria ascends to the throne). But the Prince Couple needs to do more because when Victoria becomes queen, Estelle & Baby Bernadotte Westling won't be doing solo engagements for years.
I suggest you write to King Carl Gustaf about your dissatisfaction and tell him that you demand that The Prince Couple do more engagements.
Translated: we do not know what is happening behind the scenes and why Carl Philip and Sofia have (much) less engagements than Victoria and Daniel, apart from the difference in their status.


Summary: Complaining about it here is pretty useless, it won't change anything and it won't be read anyway. It's more useful to direct anything to the person(s) in charge, in this case the King.

Margareta Thorgren herself has said that the King is the end executive and that he is the one who decides. His decisions clearly do not fare well with posters here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes, thank you, I mixed this up.

I don't think the lack of work has to do with the pregnancy, doing only a little - just as much as is necessary to avoid any anger - will be their 'agenda' for the next years. And its normal, given CP's record. I think this will suit Sofia, she's not interested in bread & butter work but in the other perks.
They were in Värmland and Dalarna doing pretty much the bread & butter work (and you noticed that as you wrote something about it while comparing it with Princess Madeleine, as well as I think you do remember ) and now suddenly she's not interested in that stuff?
And besides, how do you know she is supposedly not interested? Has she told you personally? Are you there when they do things and when their assignments are being given?
  #179  
Old 11-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I suggest you write to King Carl Gustaf about your dissatisfaction and tell him that you demand that The Prince Couple do more engagements.
Translated: we do not know what is happening behind the scenes and why Carl Philip and Sofia have (much) less engagements than Victoria and Daniel, apart from the difference in their status.


Summary: Complaining about it here is pretty useless, it won't change anything and it won't be read anyway. It's more useful to direct anything to the person(s) in charge, in this case the King.

Margareta Thorgren herself has said that the King is the end executive and that he is the one who decides. His decisions clearly do not fare well with posters here.



They were in Värmland and Dalarna doing pretty much the bread & butter work (and you noticed that as you wrote something about it while comparing it with Princess Madeleine, as well as I think you do remember ) and now suddenly she's not interested in that stuff?
And besides, how do you know she is supposedly not interested? Has she told you personally? Are you there when they do things and when their assignments are being given?

In any case, whatever sofia makes, for sure, there will always be a problem. she has activities, she hurts him. she is not seen, they do not want to work. It responds to journalists, it says she loves the cameras, here it is said that she did not seem to want to answer, what seems normal to me while they are on a private trip, but good .... she misses a diner and a photo of group during a state visit, it seems that this is the end of the world,
some point, maybe it is, if I do not like someone, I stop to follow, just a suggestion, then we can continue to waste one's breath ...

I'm sure the week, she works, we still find something,
again and again,
  #180  
Old 11-22-2015, 08:29 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
Sofia's agenda corresponds to the agenda of her husband. With one or two exceptions, such as his association. What does not seem to pose any problem to the palace. As shown, the new partnership with the foundation of the queen. Carl Philip and Sofia have a lesser role as Victoria and Daniel who are the future king and queen. It seems normal.

It's funny that you say so. When in another thread I dared to say that maybe Sofia wouldn't have a promint role in the family, someone pointed out that she is a major royal and would do as much as (nearly) as the crown princely couple with the engagements. And if it had been this way since she entered the family I wouldn't have said anything. But given the fact that the palace at the beginning was trying to sell Sofia as the perfect princess, who toured soon after the wedding, who gave speeches alone etc it is now stragne to me that this PR machine has, at least for now, interrupted.
__________________

__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Prince Carl Philip & Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: July 2014-June 2015 An Ard Ri Current Events Archive 193 06-13-2015 05:01 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria's maternity fashion current events denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge e-mail family fashion poll infanta elena fashion kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah ii current events king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles princess charlene eveningwear princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima gowns queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania evening dresses queen rania fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stockholm succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara what ifs


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises