General News about Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia, Part 1: June 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny that you say so. When in another thread I dared to say that maybe Sofia wouldn't have a promint role in the family, someone pointed out that she is a major royal and would do as much as (nearly) as the crown princely couple with the engagements. And if it had been this way since she entered the family I wouldn't have said anything. But given the fact that the palace at the beginning was trying to sell Sofia as the perfect princess, who toured soon after the wedding, who gave speeches alone etc it is now stragne to me that this PR machine has, at least for now, interrupted.

You are right, that's the strange thing in all this. That after a packed start for Sofia with almost immediate solo engagements, tours and other royal events, now it all seems to have stopped. But not because of the pregnancy because she managed to travel to from one side of the world in South Africa to the other in the U.S With no problems.

And she travelled to the 'anniversary of project playground' in South Africa but no one ever saw any pics of her at these events.

So let's not be hypocrite; it's fair to wonder what is exactly happening...

It's funny that you say so. When in another thread I dared to say that maybe Sofia wouldn't have a promint role in the family, someone pointed out that she is a major royal and would do as much as (nearly) as the crown princely couple with the engagements. And if it had been this way since she entered the family I wouldn't have said anything. But given the fact that the palace at the beginning was trying to sell Sofia as the perfect princess, who toured soon after the wedding, who gave speeches alone etc it is now stragne to me that this PR machine has, at least for now, interrupted.

It's funny, ouais, bof... As you say, the palace, the one who said, who did what and when,.It is then necessary to ask the palace why you did not see sofia, what, 3 weeks. Ah well, he said, but it seems to some people that this is all a lie. And from that, I did not see any dates or work could have done sofia. Visits ... it costs money, therefore, they are limited, but if sofia misses you, it is necessary to ask the palace to fill him the agenda,

+1
in any case, whatever sofia makes, for sure, there will always be a problem. she has activities, she hurts him. she is not seen, they do not want to work. It responds to journalists, it says she loves the cameras, here it is said that she did not seem to want to answer, what seems normal to me while they are on a private trip, but good .... she misses a diner and a photo of group during a state visit, it seems that this is the end of the world,
some point, maybe it is, if I do not like someone, I stop to follow, just a suggestion, then we can continue to waste one's breath ...

I'm sure the week, she works, we still find something,
again and again,

That is true. Sofia will always be a target. And I see it in exactly the same way as you - when I don't like someone I don't follow that person. Why wasting energy on someone you don't like?
For example, I could go on and on in the Victoria and Daniel threads about how I couldn't care less about her and how irritating I find the deifying treatment that she receives here. She is regarded as a holy being who can't and won't make mistakes instead of a human being who may and can occasionally err.

But I won't - it's a waste of energy and I would be vilified. Because, how can I fail to see how special she is and how much she does and her position deserves that she is being looked up to and respected etcetera.

I look up to a person who appeals to me and who radiates warmth, not because of his/her position.
But apparently, being part of the Swedish Royal Family is a competiton in which you must prove that you are worthy and there are folks who would personally like to be the examinators. Astounding.

You are right, that's the strange thing in all this. That after a packed start for Sofia with almost immediate solo engagements, tours and other royal events, now it all seems to have stopped. But not because of the pregnancy because she managed to travel to from one side of the world in South Africa to the other in the U.S With no problems.

And she travelled to the 'anniversary of project playground' in South Africa but no one ever saw any pics of her at these events.

So let's not be hypocrite; it's fair to wonder what is exactly happening...

Photos (86) were posted. you have to look in the right place. Easier to criticize, and to imagine some sort of hypothesis, they have invented a birthday, and all, because you have not seen sofia for 2-3 weeks.

It's funny, ouais, bof... As you say, the palace, the one who said, who did what and when,.It is then necessary to ask the palace why you did not see sofia, what, 3 weeks. Ah well, he said, but it seems to some people that this is all a lie. And from that, I did not see any dates or work could have done sofia. Visits ... it costs money, therefore, they are limited, but if sofia misses you, it is necessary to ask the palace to fill him the agenda,

I never said it was a lie. Just that it is strange that Sofia went to SA one week before the state visit, and that the palace confirmed this only when it was asked. Generally, if a member of the royal family misses an important state visit, it is said beforehand the reason. And I don't miss Sofia one bit:lol:, but is legit to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true. Sofia will always be a target. And I see it in exactly the same way as you - when I don't like someone I don't follow that person. Why wasting energy on someone you don't like?
For example, I could go on and on in the Victoria and Daniel threads about how I couldn't care less about her and how irritating I find the deifying treatment that she receives here. She is regarded as a holy being who can't and won't make mistakes instead of a human being who may and can occasionally err.

But I won't - it's a waste of energy and I would be vilified. Because, how can I fail to see how special she is and how much she does and her position deserves that she is being looked up to and respected etcetera.

I look up to a person who appeals to me and who radiates warmth, not because of his/her position.
But apparently, being part of the Swedish Royal Family is a competiton in which you must prove that you are worthy and there are folks who would personally like to be the examinators. Astounding.

Totally agree.

An example, there is a video where we see victoria falls asleep during the speech of his father. is what we talk about, or even she is put, no, but that does not interest me to go, and talk about. If for some here she is perfect, it is, not a problem for me.
But for sofia, it seems to be sports.
Should perhaps realized that it's just a royal family, which is there just for the representation, and know who is there or not, who does what, do not interest many people, then, find suspicious not to have seen sofia during 2-3 weeks, and it asking if the birthday, to confirm by the palace, is not a lie, that hides something else, etc. I think it surrealist

I never said it was a lie. Just that it is strange that Sofia went to SA one week before the state visit, and that the palace confirmed this only when it was asked. Generally, if a member of the royal family misses an important state visit, it is said beforehand the reason. And I don't miss Sofia one bit:lol:, but is legit to ask!

I see nothing strange, the agenda of sofia, it was not informed that she participated in the visit. He was noted for victoria-daniel, king, queen, and finally carl philip, and it must be said that the agenda is updated very late.And as this is not really an official engagement, this has not been put to the Sofia agenda. And as reporters posed the question, the palace said. Really nothing strange for me.
But I have a feeling that to go around in circles :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see nothing strange, the agenda of sofia, it was not informed that she participated in the visit. He was noted for victoria-daniel, king, queen, and finally carl philip, and it must be said that the agenda is updated very late.And as this is not really an official engagement, this has not been put to the Sofia agenda. And as reporters posed the question, the palace said. Really nothing strange for me.
But I have a feeling that to go around in circles :ROFLMAO:

As you are a fan of Sofia, I feel we'll have to agree to disagree:whistling:

As you are a fan of Sofia, I feel we'll have to agree to disagree:whistling:

I am a "fan" of anyone, I think only annoying to see how one can criticize and attack a person on everything and anything, and it makes me react.

disagree, perhaps, but that's OK, you have your opinion, me, mine, and no problem, :whistling:

And after this intermezzo above, perhaps we can return to the topic of this thread: the general news about prince Carl Philip and his wife.

Posters who enjoy bickering can perhaps exchange facebook adresses or twitter accounts and they can continue it there. It will save the rest of us from having to read through yet another row.

This thread have been cleaned up and reopened. Regard this message as a notification of alterations and deletions of your posts.

Last edited:
Always exciting to welcome a new baby especially the first. They must be counting the days.

Princess Sofia is on the cover of Land Magazine

I don't speak swedish, sorry, I can't say what it says.

http://www.lrfmedia.se/sites/all/fi...x/public/covers/LAN1602A001.jpg?itok=Dwzc2QVS

Princess - and this year Lantis, "I feel honored"

Congratulations, Princess Sofia, årets lantis!

Seldom has there been as much about Alvdalen that during the past year. Thank Princess Sofia for it - the Year Lantis 2015th
- I feel honored and flattered, Year Lantis is a fine distinction, she says to Land.se.

Prinsessa – och årets lantis: ”Jag känner mig hedrad” | LAND.se

Last edited:
I wouldn't translate "Lantis" with "hillbilly". Lantis has a more positive connotation in Swedish. It's someone who lives in/comes from a rural Community, but not that negative. Or maybe I have the wrong impressions of the Word "hillbilly" :)

I wouldn't translate "Lantis" with "hillbilly". Lantis has a more positive connotation in Swedish. It's someone who lives in/comes from a rural Community, but not that negative. Or maybe I have the wrong impressions of the Word "hillbilly" :)

oups I rectify ;)

Well...that depends on how the word hillbilly is used. Some people take pride in having family who were/are hillbillies. Hill people help build this country.

When people use the term to be haughty or put someone down then yeah it's offensive.

The term redneck has similar background.

LaRae

Last edited:
Well...that depends on how the word hillbilly is used. Some people take pride in having family who were/are hillbillies. Hill people help build this country.

When people use the term to be haughty or put someone down then yeah it's offensive.

The term redneck has similar background.

LaRae

Thanks LaRae, I proudly come from more than a century of southern Missouri hillbillies, and Virgina hillbillies for a century before that. We're a very resourceful and resilient bunch, never had much money-wise and didn't really care. Our value system is very different from 'city folk', which to us is kind of a derogatory term its self :whistling:

I don't know how Sofia feels about her country girl roots, but I hope she's proud of them. Honestly she doesn't seem very 'country girl' to me, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks LaRae, I proudly come from more than a century of southern Missouri hillbillies, and Virgina hillbillies for a century before that. We're a very resourceful and resilient bunch, never had much money-wise and didn't really care. Our value system is very different from 'city folk', which to us is kind of a derogatory term its self :whistling:

I don't know how Sofia feels about her country girl roots, but I hope she's proud of them. Honestly she doesn't seem very 'country girl' to me, but that's just my opinion.

We are probably related! LOL My mother's paternal side comes from old Stone County Missouri hill people...going way back. They came from Tennessee etc into southern MO in the early 1800's.

Self Suficiency was something to be proud of. My mother growing up, they only went to the store to get flour/sugar and coffee. They grew everything else (hunted and fished as well). You took care of your own.

I still have family in that area.

LaRae

could very well be, the people on my mom's side came from Camdon County, Missouri...my gramma grew everything they ate and sewed all their clothes, etc. One of my mom's first memories was gramma thinning the chicken flock (to put it politely) so they could have dinner. One of gramma's first memories was bottle-capping moonshine with her daddy :)

But back to the subject, I have to say that very little about Sofia strikes me as a person who enjoys the simpler things in life, so this 'award' is just publicity for Älvdalen tourism IMHO

Last edited:
Expressen and Johan T Lindwall have found out from somewhere that Carl Philip and Sofia will through their wedding foundation work to help children and youth who are bullied online.
- Yes, it is true. It is a project that they both are passionate in, says Margareta Thorgren.

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia started a wedding foundation when they got married last year. Just like when Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were married in 2010, Carl Philip and Sofia chose to start a foundation to help children and young people. It is based on voluntary donations. Anyone who makes a financial contribution will receive a written thank you from the foundation.
The Board of the Foundation and the royal couple are now working with how the work against bullying concretely will go to work and Sofia and Carl Philip will jointly be committed to working together with a number of other people.
- There are other people who will be the engines of the foundation, but both Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will sorely be active in this. They will follow this closely and be involved in the work, says Thorgren.
Looking ahead, also an external person will be responsible for the work of the Foundation against cyber-bullying. Who it will be, the court doesn't want to reveal yet:
- No, it will be given in the future, explains Thorgren.
Sofias nya uppdrag_ Hjälpa nätmobbade _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

So it seems that Carl Philip and Sofia have copied the way The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation works, to their own Foundation.

On 1st January 2016 HRH Princess Sofia was appointed as the new honorary chairman of Sophiahemmet, nonprofit association, by HM the King. Princess Sofia succeeds Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, who has been the honorary chairman of Sophiahemmet since 1972. The princess's efforts for Sophiahemmet during this time have been of great value to Sophiahemmet's development.
The history of the society and close connection to the royal family goes back to 1884 when Queen Sofia founded the nursing education which is still conducted in Sophiahemmet Högskola.
Sophiahemmet Högskola - H.K.H. Prinsessan Sofia ny hedersordförande för Sophiahemmet

Last edited:
That's great cause as there has been situations where youth have committed suicide because of cyber bullying or bullying in their school.

Count me in among those who think that this is a great idea! Cyber bullying is horrible reality today, not just among kids, but they are more inexperienced and vulnerable. It's great that they put time, money and energy into this question!

I see with pleasure the bump is growing nicely !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom