The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 03:50 AM
Gentry

Somehow I doubt we'll ever get an explanation from Sofia about this. The court will do as they always do when it comes to Sofia -- they simply ignore displeasing questions until they just go away
But this kind of acting makes you wonder that if there's nothing to hide, so why not give clear and honest answers and be done with this situation?

Old 05-17-2016, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Thanks LadyFinn

I wasn't aware Sofia's income was published. Well, she was able to save something to contribute to Project Playground's creation. Her mystery company is in its infancy so costs could be low at the moment and seems to be primarily in services. No products or inventory yet. The palace address saves on office rental...

Are there any policies about royalty getting loans?
Logical source of a loan: her boyfriend/fiancé now husband. CP is not hurting for money and I doubt he wouldn't have dished some out.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:12 AM
Courtier

Just a quick question about something that I have been wondering about: has it been disclosed who actually got who the apartment in South Africa? First it was said Sofia bought it before the wedding but she had no discernible income to spend on it. Later I heard it was said Carl Philip bought the apartment for Sofia as a gift.

I think it would be extremely important to clear everything up now as Sofia already has made some questionable choices in her past (not totally honest about PP and making some big mistakes with donations for example). The Swedish Royal Family does not need any scandals to do with financial matters.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:13 AM
Nobility

@Catharina - I believe SvenskDam reported that CP bought Sofia the South Africa apartment. With the reported income by Lady Finn Sofia couldn't afford it.

I still think her business venture is in response to her pre-nup: Sofia gets nothing from CP, earnings from his business, property, royal jewels. Some Spanish blog stated Sofia loses the HRH upon divorce and custody of children with CP, not sure how true that is.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
this is beyond me too...
has she explicitely stated then that the apanage is too small and that's her reason for starting a company?
In my understanding Princess Sofia receives nothing at all. Her husband Prince Carl Philip also receives no income from the State. He is reimbursed by the King for costs in the framework of the royal function. Note that also Prince Carl Philip has his own activities to generate an income. The systematic looks very similar to the Norwegian and the Dutch examples, where the junior royals have to provide in their own income too.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Nobility

I am not seeing where this story has scandalous legs, the information was found out and the reporters who cover the Swedish Royal Family filed stories on it and/or did commentary about it.

I don't think that the Swedish Royal Family, nor other royal families, are quick responders to news stories other than noncommittal comments by the press office, so it would be odd for Sofia to do some kind of press conference specifically about this matter at this time since it does not seem to be anything more than the royal story du jour. However it probably will be added to the things about Sofia that are talked about on blogs and message boards going forward so I doubt if it will be forgotten, and there may be more "there there" once the business is up and running and we see what kind of activities are undertaken and the income generated.

Using Carl Philip and Madeleine as examples, they both got negative press and did not respond to each and every story, but at some point they did interviews and I would not be surprised if at some point Sofia does a sit down interview and gets asked about hot topics on the interwebs but I am not yet seeing that this particular matter has become some great big scandal in the Swedish media, at least based what's come across my cyber-desk.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I am not seeing where this story has scandalous legs, the information was found out and the reporters who cover the Swedish Royal Family filed stories on it and/or did commentary about it.

I don't think that the Swedish Royal Family, nor other royal families, are quick responders to news stories other than noncommittal comments by the press office, so it would be odd for Sofia to do some kind of press conference specifically about this matter at this time since it does not seem to be anything more than the royal story du jour. However it probably will be added to the things about Sofia that are talked about on blogs and message boards going forward so I doubt if it will be forgotten, and there may be more "there there" once the business is up and running and we see what kind of activities are undertaken and the income generated.

Using Carl Philip and Madeleine as examples, they both got negative press and did not respond to each and every story, but at some point they did interviews and I would not be surprised if at some point Sofia does a sit down interview and gets asked about hot topics on the interwebs but I am not yet seeing that this particular matter has become some great big scandal in the Swedish media, at least based what's come across my cyber-desk.

I have to totally agree with you, esp since there's no indication that she's doing anything illegal or even unprecedented.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:45 PM
Nobility

I tend to agree. The story will eventually drop out of circulation until there is a slow news day and then will crawl or walk back in the tabloids.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Commoner

I agree with you. Giving an interview just because few people are debating will just add fuel to the fire. Not a smart move at all.

She has not done anything illegal, she should continue to live her life.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Carl Philip was seen walking in Stockholm today. (Photo in article)
JUST NU: Carl Philip lunchar ensam ute på stan | Hänt.se
Old 06-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

As we've got a new General News thread for the family as a whole, this one will be closed.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-40720.html