The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Well...that depends on how the word hillbilly is used. Some people take pride in having family who were/are hillbillies. Hill people help build this country.

When people use the term to be haughty or put someone down then yeah it's offensive.

The term redneck has similar background.

LaRae

Old 01-12-2016, 02:12 PM

That is very true. Good point!!!

Old 01-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Well...that depends on how the word hillbilly is used. Some people take pride in having family who were/are hillbillies. Hill people help build this country.

When people use the term to be haughty or put someone down then yeah it's offensive.

The term redneck has similar background.

LaRae
Thanks LaRae, I proudly come from more than a century of southern Missouri hillbillies, and Virgina hillbillies for a century before that. We're a very resourceful and resilient bunch, never had much money-wise and didn't really care. Our value system is very different from 'city folk', which to us is kind of a derogatory term its self

I don't know how Sofia feels about her country girl roots, but I hope she's proud of them. Honestly she doesn't seem very 'country girl' to me, but that's just my opinion.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Thanks LaRae, I proudly come from more than a century of southern Missouri hillbillies, and Virgina hillbillies for a century before that. We're a very resourceful and resilient bunch, never had much money-wise and didn't really care. Our value system is very different from 'city folk', which to us is kind of a derogatory term its self

I don't know how Sofia feels about her country girl roots, but I hope she's proud of them. Honestly she doesn't seem very 'country girl' to me, but that's just my opinion.

We are probably related! LOL My mother's paternal side comes from old Stone County Missouri hill people...going way back. They came from Tennessee etc into southern MO in the early 1800's.

Self Suficiency was something to be proud of. My mother growing up, they only went to the store to get flour/sugar and coffee. They grew everything else (hunted and fished as well). You took care of your own.

I still have family in that area.

LaRae
Old 01-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

could very well be, the people on my mom's side came from Camdon County, Missouri...my gramma grew everything they ate and sewed all their clothes, etc. One of my mom's first memories was gramma thinning the chicken flock (to put it politely) so they could have dinner. One of gramma's first memories was bottle-capping moonshine with her daddy :)

But back to the subject, I have to say that very little about Sofia strikes me as a person who enjoys the simpler things in life, so this 'award' is just publicity for Älvdalen tourism IMHO
Old 01-14-2016, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen and Johan T Lindwall have found out from somewhere that Carl Philip and Sofia will through their wedding foundation work to help children and youth who are bullied online.
- Yes, it is true. It is a project that they both are passionate in, says Margareta Thorgren.

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia started a wedding foundation when they got married last year. Just like when Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were married in 2010, Carl Philip and Sofia chose to start a foundation to help children and young people. It is based on voluntary donations. Anyone who makes a financial contribution will receive a written thank you from the foundation.
The Board of the Foundation and the royal couple are now working with how the work against bullying concretely will go to work and Sofia and Carl Philip will jointly be committed to working together with a number of other people.
- There are other people who will be the engines of the foundation, but both Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will sorely be active in this. They will follow this closely and be involved in the work, says Thorgren.
Looking ahead, also an external person will be responsible for the work of the Foundation against cyber-bullying. Who it will be, the court doesn't want to reveal yet:
- No, it will be given in the future, explains Thorgren.
Sofias nya uppdrag_ Hjälpa nätmobbade _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

So it seems that Carl Philip and Sofia have copied the way The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation works, to their own Foundation.

On 1st January 2016 HRH Princess Sofia was appointed as the new honorary chairman of Sophiahemmet, nonprofit association, by HM the King. Princess Sofia succeeds Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, who has been the honorary chairman of Sophiahemmet since 1972. The princess's efforts for Sophiahemmet during this time have been of great value to Sophiahemmet's development.
The history of the society and close connection to the royal family goes back to 1884 when Queen Sofia founded the nursing education which is still conducted in Sophiahemmet Högskola.
Sophiahemmet Högskola - H.K.H. Prinsessan Sofia ny hedersordförande för Sophiahemmet
Old 01-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Commoner

That's great cause as there has been situations where youth have committed suicide because of cyber bullying or bullying in their school.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Count me in among those who think that this is a great idea! Cyber bullying is horrible reality today, not just among kids, but they are more inexperienced and vulnerable. It's great that they put time, money and energy into this question!
Old 01-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

New official photo of Sofia on the SRF website
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.6...nuari+2016.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg
Old 01-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

The King and Queen and Princess Sofia at the Young Music at the Castle

Kungaparet och Prinsessan Sofia vid Unga Musik på Slottet - Sveriges Kungahus

Prinsessan Sofia visade upp sin växande gravidmage | Nyheter | Expressen
Old 01-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I see with pleasure the bump is growing nicely !!!!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:51 PM
Majesty

I like sophia's new official picture - it was about time they released one! it's been 6 months since the wedding...

i assume it was taken during the nobel festivities for the King's Dinner in honor of Nobel Laureates 2015, since her dress and hairstyle are the same?

and talking about hairstyle... what has she done to her hair? that haircut in the event with king and queen looks disastrous.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-20-2016, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems they use Nobel pictures for the official portraits. Vic, CP, Dan and the royal couple are from 2014's. The pic that needs updating is Maddie's which is from years ago.

I agree with the hair in the recent event, it looks odd. Not sure if it is the picture or a bad new hair cut.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I agree with the hair in the recent event, it looks odd. Not sure if it is the picture or a bad new hair cut.
Pregnancy either gives you the most luscious hair, or the complete opposite. I suspect Sofia has the latter. CP Victoria is the same, but Madeleine's hair was gorgeous during her pregnancies.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

If that is the case for Sofia, she needs a learn a key tip 'if you are having a bad hair day, pregnancy or not, an updo is your friend.'
Old 01-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Christina Saliba helped Prince Carl Philip with everything from crisis management and media training to the speech at his wedding. But now the duo goes parted ways.

Résumé revealed in autumn 2013 that Prince Carl Philip hired PR pro Christina Saliba, president and co-owner of Mindmakers PR. This happened after it emerged that his fire screen "The castle is burning" was in fact designed by Eric Ericson. Carl Philip was quiet at first, but gave then an interview to Expressen. The prince was hailed by PR experts for his significant articulate answers, and according Resumé's sources it was Christina Saliba who held the strings when the prince allowed himself to be interviewed by Expressen's reporter Malin Roos.
Then Prince Carl Philip made a good appearance at the Sports Gala, and in autumn 2014 he made ​​a interview in "Hellenius hörna" where he talked about his relationship with Sofia Hellqvist, his struggle with dyslexia, and life as a royal.
Expressen reported before his wedding that the prince took last-minute help from Saliba with his wedding speech.
But after several years of collaboration it is time for the partners to go their separate ways. The court has terminated the agreement that is now ending in January.
- I can confirm it, says Margareta Thorgren to Resumé.
She will not tell me how much the court paid for media workout fot the prince.
- There is nothing that we communicate, she says.

According Resumé's sources the court breaks the cooperation with Mindmakers because they feel that they can handle the prince's communications internally instead of buying public relations services. Thorgren would not comment on the contents of the agreement or why they go separate ways.
- The court has an information department that works with all members of the royal family, she says.
Christina Saliba is reticent about the concluded agreement:
- We have never and will never comment on how the cooperation with The Prince looked in the past or how it looks forward. It is a principle we hold on to.
Prins Carl Philip bryter med Christina Saliba
Old 04-02-2016, 09:16 AM

Princess Sofia was seen having lunch with a friend Christina Saliba at Östermalm.
Swedish Princesses: Księżna Sofia na lunchu
Old 04-06-2016, 02:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip have moved in the greatest secrecy.
They moved to the King and Queen Silvia. Now they live in Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's former apartment at Drottningholm Palace.
- It is true that they will be staying at Drottningholm. It's about safety, confirms Margareta Thorgren.
Close to Drottningholm Palace is Sjöpaviljongen (formerly the press has called it Sjöflygeln). After the crown princess returned from her studies abroad, she lived here. Daniel moved into Sjöpaviljongen and they lived there until November 2010 - a few months after their wedding when they moved to Haga Palace.
Sofia and Carl Philip have since 2011 officially lived together in an apartment in a multi-family house in Djurgården. But in a secrecy they have now moved into Sjöpaviljongen at Drottningholm Palace.
- They will stay some time at Drottningholm Palace, says Thorgren.
Have they already moved?
- There's nothing we comment, says Thorgren.
But reportedly, they have moved and have already made themselves at home in Sjöpaviljongen which is just a few hundred meters from the Drottningholm Palace and the main building. There lives the King and Queen Silvia and now they become the immediate neighbors with Carl Philip, Sofia and the future grandchild.
The reason for the move will be, reportedly, that the security around the couple could not be guaranteed in the old residence on the island of Djurgården. Sjöpaviljongen is located inside the restricted area outside the Drottningholm palace, guarded around the clock by both the Royal Guards and SÄPO.
The court confirms:
- It is about safety. There is an existing perimeter protection on Drottningholm, says Thorgren
The idea is that the couple will live in Sjöpaviljongen at least a year - before they move into Villa Solbacken. The renovation of Villa Solbacken hasn't started yet.
Carl Philips och Sofias hemliga flytt till Lovön _ Nyheter _ Expressen

At the time Victoria and later Victoria and Daniel lived in Sjöpaviljongen, the press told that the apartment had a kitchen and two rooms.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

So, after all the talk about the renovations in the house of Lilian and Bertil, they have moved because of "safety reasons"? I wonder what these reasons are: about security or something regarding the house, such as asbestos, for example.

At first, it wasn't clear whether they woulf reside at thr royal palace, but now you made a great translation of the article LadyFinn, thanks
Old 04-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

At this post GrandDuchess has posted a photo of where the Sjöpaviljongen (Sjöflygeln) is located at Drottningholm:
Drottningholm Palace, Stockholm

Closed Thread